PDA

View Full Version : Pedigree

SoCalCircuit
08-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Hey all,

I don't know if this has ever been discussed in depth or not but I want to start placing more attention on pedigree in my handicapping just to see what happens, and I was wondering if anyone is aware of any books that are almost like a book/database analyzing some of the major sires, where they excel and what conditions they like to run under (e.g. lemon drop kid tends to have horses that run well in the slop) I know something like this would probably require constant updates and stuff so maybe an online database? Or maybe a book about some of the major grandsires (prospector, secretariat, slew...)

Thanks to all

-SoCal

lamboguy
08-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Hey all,

I don't know if this has ever been discussed in depth or not but I want to start placing more attention on pedigree in my handicapping just to see what happens, and I was wondering if anyone is aware of any books that are almost like a book/database analyzing some of the major sires, where they excel and what conditions they like to run under (e.g. lemon drop kid tends to have horses that run well in the slop) I know something like this would probably require constant updates and stuff so maybe an online database? Or maybe a book about some of the major grandsires (prospector, secretariat, slew...)

Thanks to all

-SoCali suggest you learn who the good producing mares are and go that route. especially the mares that never raced. i find that those type keep throwing runner after runner, maybe because they never had the chance to get their bodies infested with all the drugs they give these horses today to get them to run.

cmoore
08-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Hey all,

Thanks to all

-SoCal

All the Sire information you need is at this link..

http://www.breedingwinners.com/reports.asp

kenwoodallpromos
08-07-2009, 01:56 AM
Study great grand sires and dams, all 8!

robert99
08-11-2009, 08:10 AM
http://www.racingpost.com/

Has a bulls##t freevideo available today - Understanding Pedigrees.