PDA

View Full Version : Presious Passion To Win Arlington Million?

Zenyatta To Crush
08-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Anybody else think Presious Passion is gonna run away and hide in the Arlington Million? I love watching this horse run. Trujillo already said he's not gonna fight him and will let him run, and plus, there isn't much speed in here at all either. Einstein is very consistent, but runs to the level of his competition many times. Gio Ponti will probably run big but the pace scenario won't help him too much.

The start of the race is on the turn and PP breaks from post 2, meaning he'll cut directly to the rail, probably open up by 15, then hold on down the stretch to win by 1 or 2. The other jocks will have to let PP run away since none of them will want to run the first half mile in 46 and change, just to stay within a few lengths of him. I think you'll get a good price of 6-1 too. Einstein and Gio Ponti will get a lot of money and the Euros will be respected after what happened last year. Take your 6-1 on PP and enjoy the show.

bisket
08-06-2009, 06:46 PM
i enjoy precious passion also, but i don't like her style at arlington. monmouth and gulfstream are almost identical tracks in that they don't have alot of stretch. most importantly arlingtons turf course is much different than these other tracks. arlington's grass is much longer than monmouth and gulfstreams; so its not as friendly to speed. the height of the grass is everything in turf racing. in europe they post how long the grass is. i wish tracks in america would provide this info. most times its a closer that wins this race. which is why the euro's love it.

Zenyatta To Crush
08-06-2009, 07:01 PM
i enjoy precious passion also, but i don't like her style at arlington. monmouth and gulfstream are almost identical tracks in that they don't have alot of stretch. most importantly arlingtons turf course is much different than these other tracks. arlington's grass is much longer than monmouth and gulfstreams; so its not as friendly to speed. the height of the grass is everything in turf racing. in europe they post how long the grass is. i wish tracks in america would provide this info. most times its a closer that wins this race. which is why the euro's love it.
Well I still think PP will run a big race. I first liked Gio Ponti until I looked at the race a little closer. The price will be nicer on PP too. The last 3 runnings of the Arlington Million have been won by horses on the lead or just off, so I'm hoping that's what happens again on Saturday. We'll see...should be a good one. Lots of talent in there...even though I wish the Euros shipping over were better quality.

CBedo
08-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Anybody else think Presious Passion is gonna run away and hide in the Arlington Million? I love watching this horse run. Trujillo already said he's not gonna fight him and will let him run, and plus, there isn't much speed in here at all either. Einstein is very consistent, but runs to the level of his competition many times. Gio Ponti will probably run big but the pace scenario won't help him too much.

The start of the race is on the turn and PP breaks from post 2, meaning he'll cut directly to the rail, probably open up by 15, then hold on down the stretch to win by 1 or 2. The other jocks will have to let PP run away since none of them will want to run the first half mile in 46 and change, just to stay within a few lengths of him. I think you'll get a good price of 6-1 too. Einstein and Gio Ponti will get a lot of money and the Euros will be respected after what happened last year. Take your 6-1 on PP and enjoy the show.I hope you're a TVG Matt Carothers fan. The way he was talking today, that will probably be his check mark for the race.

slew101
08-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Matt loves that lone speed.

cj
08-06-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm going with the overlooked Euro in here, which long term is a big winner in Graded stakes on turf.

tag
08-06-2009, 10:38 PM
when the euros are underestimated in american turf races, they seem to come up big. i'll be looking at them very closely since they'll offer nice value.

Valuist
08-06-2009, 11:50 PM
I agree with Bisket. As impressive as Precious Passion was in his last race, Arlington's course is much different than the courses at Monmouth and Gulfstream.

Zenyatta To Crush
08-07-2009, 01:04 AM
I hope you're a TVG Matt Carothers fan. The way he was talking today, that will probably be his check mark for the race.
Thats funny because when I was at Claiming Crown at Canterbury a couple weeks ago, Carothers interviewed me and my friends on TVG for some reason because he thought we were huge fans of him. I actually said on air that I was more of a Ken Rudolph fan and he was kinda upset I think.

I better reconsider of my selection if Carothers likes Presious Passion. He always seems to give out losers.

joanied
08-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Regardless of the fact Arlington is a different turf surface, I tend to agree with Zenyatta to Crush (hope your namesake crushes on Sunday:ThmbUp: )... I am really torn between Einstien & PP in here...I hope all the $$ goes on the Euro's...I don't think much of any in here...maybe the odds on our favorites will be better if everyone bets the Euro's:) ...
I don' think you can count out Mott's horse, Mr, Sydney... and I see Louie Rousel is still trying to 'Recapturetheglory'...hope he runs well. But, my pix are;

Presious Passion (by a head)
Einstein
Gio Ponti
Mr. Sidney

An All American Arlington:jump:

david botsford
08-07-2009, 01:30 PM
PP will get my money. By the way Matt chose the Euro but Watchmaker picked PP which somewhat shakes my confidence.

GaryG
08-07-2009, 01:57 PM
GIO PONTI is a solid play for me. The euros do not look that tough this time. 'Ponti can deliver that closing move regarless of the pace scenario. The best turfer in the country.

Walter
08-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Cima De Triomphe will run a big race....Cristophe Lemaire hasn't missed riding in the Prix Maurice de Gheest for the change of scenery. :p

andymays
08-07-2009, 04:59 PM
A friend in Chicago told me there was quite a bit of rain today!

Steve 'StatMan'
08-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Decent amount of rain and still coming. Though not puddling up too bad yet in our local trouble spots. Yet.

Zenyatta To Crush
08-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Decent amount of rain and still coming. Though not puddling up too bad yet in our local trouble spots. Yet.
I see there's a 100% chance of more rain tonight and a chance of storms tomorrow morning also. Although unlikely, what would happen if the turf course wasn't in good enough shape to run on? Do they postpone the big turf races? They couldn't run them on the dirt, that wouldn't make sense. I'll just assume that the turf course will be yielding/good and focus more on the horses who favor it. Hopefully Arlington's turf course can handle a lot of rain.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-07-2009, 06:24 PM
They run the 3 turf races on the furthers out lane, lane 5.5, the 'Million Lane' for the Million Card, to make the longest course possible to accomodate the 1 1/4 mile Million and Secretariat. They'll keep all of these on the turf - it was once run under boggy conditions, though that rarely happens, and I'm still not expecting that severe a condition yet. This way they can still run the feature races on the turf without impacting future days of turf racing. The Million lane is seldom used, keeping it in excellent shape for the big day.

I'm not looking forward to the projected 90 degree high temp for tomorrow, esp. after all this rain, making for a humid day. We've been lucky and had very few 90 degree days this summer - quite rare for us.

bisket
08-07-2009, 09:32 PM
if the course is soft or yielding i usually look for horses with a late run. i remember a few years back the course was like this when the canadian entry won.

keilan
08-07-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm going with the overlooked Euro in here, which long term is a big winner in Graded stakes on turf.

I may take a different approach and play:

(4) Just as Well
(5) Mr Sidney
(6) Gio Ponti

5-6/ 5-6-4 x's

Walter
08-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Cima De Triomphe will run a big race....Cristophe Lemaire hasn't missed riding in the Prix Maurice de Gheest for the change of scenery.
Sorry!.my mistake he does ride in France tomorrow, as does Murtagh ride in Ireland after ridning 'Black Bear Island'

salty
08-08-2009, 07:21 AM
I think I will take a logical exacta and a longshot. And a super.

3,6 ex
6,9 ex

6/2,3,9/2,3,9/1,2,3,4,5,9 super

alhattab
08-08-2009, 08:14 AM
They run the 3 turf races on the furthers out lane, lane 5.5, the 'Million Lane' for the Million Card, to make the longest course possible to accomodate the 1 1/4 mile Million and Secretariat. They'll keep all of these on the turf - it was once run under boggy conditions, though that rarely happens, and I'm still not expecting that severe a condition yet. This way they can still run the feature races on the turf without impacting future days of turf racing. The Million lane is seldom used, keeping it in excellent shape for the big day.

I'm not looking forward to the projected 90 degree high temp for tomorrow, esp. after all this rain, making for a humid day. We've been lucky and had very few 90 degree days this summer - quite rare for us.

According to Weather Channel website, Arl. Heights got half an inch of rain on Friday and more storms expected today. This does not bode well for Presious Passion, who very much prefers firm turf. I wouldn't be surprised if he's scratched if there's more rain and then he'll hope it stays reasonably dry up at the Spa for the Sword Dancer.

Overlay
08-08-2009, 09:09 AM
7 - Gloria de Campeao
1 - Einstein
6 - Gio Ponti
2 - Presious Passion