PDA

View Full Version : HAMBO Day

melman
08-06-2009, 05:58 PM
The Hambo comes up at The Meadowlands this Saturday. It's "the race" for three year old trotters. First post at 12:30 with the Hambo on National TV. You can get past performances for FREE for the entire card at ustrotting.com. Just below the daily video screen on that site you will see the link to the FREE pp's. As always it's a great card.

Pacingguy
08-07-2009, 06:34 AM
I already did my initial handicapping for the card and I must say it is one of the strongest cards I have sever seen assembled.

JBmadera
08-07-2009, 11:48 AM
yeah, what a great card. could be some very nice prices (do you guys think Arch Madness, mlo 8-1, in the 7th has a chance??).

jb

Milleruszk
08-07-2009, 12:24 PM
The Hambo comes up at The Meadowlands this Saturday. It's "the race" for three year old trotters. First post at 12:30 with the Hambo on National TV. You can get past performances for FREE for the entire card at ustrotting.com. Just below the daily video screen on that site you will see the link to the FREE pp's. As always it's a great card.

Thanks for the info! :)

botster
08-07-2009, 02:19 PM
For myself, I usually don't get to worked up when a standout horse, pacer or trotter, is entered in such a prestigious race.SOMEBEACHSOMEWHERE was the first great horse in a long time, that I actually watched with scrutinous detail .

I will be there in attendance, it doesn't appear it will be one of those swealtering hot Jersey afternoon days, and I think I heard somewhere that we may see some rain.

I purchased my yearly harness eye today and did observe a comment by Mr. Peter Kleinhans concerning MUSCLE HILL the favorite.Pete has trained horses for quite sometime and recently scored big with a self trained aged trotter in major event up in Canada a few weeks ago.He made a very intelligent and well observed comment concerning MUSCLE HILL'S last race.He mentioned that this horse who was perfectly gaited in all of his previous ten starts, was not nearly as perfect last week in winning his elimination.

Trotters are not like pacers when they begin to get bad gaited.Pacers can go bad gaited for weeks on end and still perform well enough to make the grade.Trotters on the hand are completely different, when one starts getting his, or her gait off, they usually almost always regress.

I must admit, when I was watching his elimination in last, he seemed to drift out in that last turn, and I thought he was going to miscue.Mabey this was a fluke, and I will be wrong, but I do think that with this observation leading into this race and the competetivness of this race an upset is very possible.

Good Fortune All!

Pacingguy
08-08-2009, 05:43 AM
yeah, what a great card. could be some very nice prices (do you guys think Arch Madness, mlo 8-1, in the 7th has a chance??).

jb

Arch Madness has a very good shot to win. However, if I get very big odds on Glen Kronos (20-1+) I will take a stab on him to win. Yes, his North American starts were terrible but back in Europe he got beat by Torvald Palema and Commander Crowe, no slouches. If he can bounce back to that form he could be interesting. I assume (though I can be wrong) that he is now out of quarantine which also should improve his chances.

Don't ignore Lucky Jim though. He was a victim of circumstances in his last race. There was confusion inside of him which caused his lackluster performance.

melman
08-08-2009, 11:00 AM
My top two for the Hambo card.

R1 2 Cuz She Can 4 Dreamfair Eternal
R2 4 Cantab It All 2 Costa Rica
R3 1 Holiday Road 6 Temple of Doom
R4 1 One False Move 4 Riggins
R5 1 Not Enough 6 Gamblers Passion
R6 2 Anvilanunuit N 3 Segundo Hanover
R7 1 San Pail 3 Lanson
R8 9 Palone Ranger 7 Noble Falcon
R9 1 Elusive Desire 4 Droadway Schooner
R10 4 Hot Shot Blue Chap 2 Explosive Matter
R11 1 Montecito N 4 Foiled Again
R12 3 Mister Big
R13 4 Hurrikane Jon Paul 6 Pair A Dice
R14 1A Passmaster Hanover 4 Drop Red
R15 3 Keenans Josh 2 Allamerican Daddy

There are TWO pic4's on the card.

R7 1-3-10-8
R8 9-7
R9 1-4
R10 4-2-1

R11 1-4-2
R12 3
R13 4-6-5-8
R14 1A-4-8

*R12 Mister Big--Yes he could lose this race it has talent in it but this Mister Big is one great older horse who has my utmost respect. What a monster blow them away race at Chester.

toetoe
08-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Arch Madness has a very good shot to win.

Lucky Jim is still the best trotter, but Arch Madness ran hugely last time. :ThmbUp:

I like Chick N Tell, despite the sluggish effort last time versus Lanson, whom I give no shot tonight.

In the big one, The Chancellor is the second best horse, isn't he ? Huge price. :ThmbUp: .

horseraceguy101
08-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I didn't really look at the race but Brian sears has already one three. So i think arch madness has a chance. If not the winner I would definitely try to put him in some type of exotic.

Stick
08-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Mel

You might want to modify that second pick 4 as it goes Race12- Race15.

Good Luck today

toetoe
08-08-2009, 03:12 PM
However, if I get very big odds on Glen Kronos (20-1+) I will take a stab on him to win

... and in the exacta, please tell me.

69/1 exacta under the 3/5 overlay. :ThmbUp:, :ThmbUp: .

My "longshot" was at only 24/1. :ThmbDown: .

melman
08-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Stick----Geez even "Rusty Nash" on the Us trotting site had the pic4 as 11-14. :) Will use 3-2-6 in R15.

cliffyy
08-08-2009, 04:05 PM
RACE 10

I JUST BOXXED :1: - :4: $100 BOX .THE PRICE IS NICE ON THIS EX :)

cliffyy
08-08-2009, 04:20 PM
TY Mike Lachance FOR STILL DRIVING LIKE THE ASS YOU ARE :bang: :bang:

cliffyy
08-08-2009, 04:23 PM
I WILL NEVER EVER USE Mike Lachance ON A TICKET AGAIN

YOU KNOW WHAT :bang: ME I WILL NEVER KNOW IF THE :4: WOULD OF RUN NICE BECAUSE OF Mike Lachance HANDS :mad:

botster
08-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Lucky Jim is still the best trotter, but Arch Madness ran hugely last time. :ThmbUp:

I like Chick N Tell, despite the sluggish effort last time versus Lanson, whom I give no shot tonight.

In the big one, The Chancellor is the second best horse, isn't he ? Huge price. :ThmbUp: .

Good call on LANSON 9-2 off the board. It's calls like this that deserve respect from fellow "cappers"...I like the gutsy call!!! I agreed with your assessment of THE CHANCELLOR, unfortunatly Andy didn't give him a shot for the top two spots today, and the lackluster drives of the other didn't help either.

Pacingguy
08-09-2009, 10:47 AM
While I was hoping for Glen Kronos to smoke them in the Nat Ray, I was satisfied with his second place finish. Not often do you get a $140 exacta with a 1-2 winner.

JBmadera
08-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Good call on LANSON 9-2 off the board. It's calls like this that deserve respect from fellow "cappers"...I like the gutsy call!!! I agreed with your assessment of THE CHANCELLOR, unfortunatly Andy didn't give him a shot for the top two spots today, and the lackluster drives of the other didn't help either.

Was Arch the only non-wnner for Sears.....:confused: . good to see I haven't lost my touch - a perfect O'fer on Hambo day.

still, was fun to watch.

jb

botster
08-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Was Arch the only non-wnner for Sears.....:confused: . good to see I haven't lost my touch - a perfect O'fer on Hambo day.

still, was fun to watch.

jb

No... he lost quite a few yesterday.

JBmadera
08-09-2009, 11:47 AM
No... he lost quite a few yesterday.

oh, I know. I think he had 5 winners or so. I was just trying to make light of a bad day at the windows.

jb

toetoe
08-10-2009, 12:23 PM
$140 exacta with a 1-2 winner.

Yeah baby !!! :jump: . Glad you underneathed him.

Botster,

Chick N Tell did zilch, so no glory for me. How about Muscle Hill equaling Lucky Jim's time ?
Color Toe impressed. :eek:

toetoe
08-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Oh yeah, I remember what I wanted to say:

How could The Chancellor run his first half in 55.1 (last time), and Saturday just tiptoe through the tulips ? What the ... ?

LottaKash
08-10-2009, 01:12 PM

How could The Chancellor run his first half in 55.1 (last time), and Saturday just tiptoe through the tulips ? What the ... ?

His "limit" I suspect...at least at this stage of his physical development, imo....

He ran his heart out in that race and his stride was shortening big-time as they neared the wire in that 55 race...He was intimidated, as most horses know when they are beat by a better horse, especially when it is by the "true" classmaster and leader of the herd...

Right now he is second string...(I think)

best,

botster
08-10-2009, 04:01 PM

Because of the ridiculous rule to have the winner of the eliminations pick their post.To have the top two contenders picking the 1 and 2 posts, this had to have been his strategy.I too liked this horse quite a bit, and in an even draw of posts HAD A GOOD CHANCE to have won the Hambo, if the pills had given him a better fate.

This animal trotted a gigantic mile Saturday and it was overshadowed by the MH win and all the media hype.I believe firmly if he had two hole, he would have been right there.

Andy had a tough decision to make, challenge and risk the probability of getting parked in 26 and change maybe for the top, or remain parked, and try to grab some cover.His decision was a good one for HIM IMO, he picked up a nice payday for himself,but for MYSELF, who needed him in the top two, I threw away my tickets.

botster
08-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah baby !!! :jump: . Glad you underneathed him.

Botster,

Chick N Tell did zilch, so no glory for me. How about Muscle Hill equaling Lucky Jim's time ?
Color Toe impressed. :eek:

Very hard for me to get worked up over final times toe,but I will say this about LUCKY JIM, boy he looked much better going than he did a while back, when I was observing him with a closer eye.

I didn't play CHICK saturday, but wouldn't hold the race against him.He's a tough one, and could very well bounce back.

toetoe
08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Yeah, I guess I don't care too much for final time, either. Still, it was eyepopping at first sight.

Love picking the brains of darksiders. :ThmbUp:

botster
08-11-2009, 01:26 PM

tiptoe...THE CHANCELLOR is in to go Sunday at Chester in the $500,000 COLONIAL TROT.He drew the four hole and is in with EXPLOSIVE MATTER drawing the two.Go back to the windows on him and we shall see how he does.I really can't see him losing here.

toetoe
08-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Thank you for the heads-up. :ThmbUp: .