PDA

View Full Version : Neutral site for Z v RA? The only answer is ...

FenceBored
08-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Fairplex. :jump:

In So-Cal, so Mr. Moss can sleep in his own bed. Dirt track, so Mr. Jackson can be happy. And they even have Trevor to call the race, just like the Breeders Cup. ;)

See, that wasn't so hard was it? Now, which stakes can they enter together, hmm? There's two F/M 3&up stakes at 8.5f, the $50k E. B. Johnston on Sept. 12, and the $75k Las Madrinas on Sept. 26. Or, maybe they can wrangle invites to the Ralph M. Hinds Pomona Invitational Handicap at 9f on Sept 27th with a purse of $125k.

njcurveball
08-05-2009, 08:13 PM
How is Fairplex neutral? Zenyatta has ZERO chance over that oval. It is only 5/8th and the stretch is less than 800 feet. :bang:

Mineshaft
08-05-2009, 08:39 PM
FG would be a neutral track..

onefast99
08-05-2009, 08:47 PM
MP will try and lure them in with a big $ amount the track favors Rachel but for the right amount of money you never know. Say 1m plus!

fmolf
08-05-2009, 10:22 PM
best of three series.....one race at santa anita..one race at belmont on dirt.....and a turf race at a mutually agreed upon sight.Each owner puts up a half mil to be awarded to the winner of the series ....each track puts up a half mil to be split 80/20 to the winner of each race!...I know it will never happen but its nice to dream!

Imriledup
08-06-2009, 03:06 AM
Do you guys realize how much buzz there would be if zenyatta's owners and Rachel's owners each put up 1 million dollars and with winner take all and pulled off a Seabiscuit-War Admiral kind of deal?

This would put racing back on the map, it would be 10 times bigger than the Ky Derby, it would create a buzz that racing hasn't seen in a really long time.

onefast99
08-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Do you guys realize how much buzz there would be if zenyatta's owners and Rachel's owners each put up 1 million dollars and with winner take all and pulled off a Seabiscuit-War Admiral kind of deal?

This would put racing back on the map, it would be 10 times bigger than the Ky Derby, it would create a buzz that racing hasn't seen in a really long time.
With the money these two camps have they should do it have an east/west series of races so everyone can see these two run, I know Jackson wants dirt so give it to him and also let them run at a facility that can handle a large crowd like Belmont on the eastcoast.

FenceBored
08-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Seriously now, let's break it down.

If neither camp will cave on its fundamental stances, this means:

1. No race on synthetic, therefore no race at Woodbine, Turfway, Arlington, Keeneland, Golden Gate Fields, Santa Anita, Hollywood Park, or Del Mar.

2. No race w/ detention barn, therefore no race at Belmont, Aqueduct, or Saratoga. (don't know who else has a detention barn).

3. No race outside CA before Breeders Cup, Nov 6 and 7th.

I'll add a fourth condition which hasn't been stated, but I'd be hard pressed to believe isn't there:

4. MUST BE A GRADED STAKES (preferably G1, though G2 will do).

Just from items 1 and 3 you're restricted to California dirt tracks if you have the race before the Breeder's Cup. Which would mean the fair curcuit or Los Alamitos. I don't know the fair curcuit tracks that well, but Fairplex seems to be the one most closely aligned with the main So. Cal circuit. But, these girls ain't racing for 75-125k, bull ring or not, and I really can't see Los Al, either. Therefore, assuming both parties hold firmthere will be no race between Zenyatta and Rachel Alexandra before the Breeder's Cup on Nov. 6-7.

Now, after Breeders Cup you have 7 weeks till the end of the year. Some people have thrown the Clark Handicap (G2) at Curchill on the table, and the Zen camp has said that's a possibility. That's on Friday Nov. 27th, 3 weeks after the Ladies Classic, and 20 days after the Classic. When push comes to shove will they really want to wheel Zenyatta back in three weeks, including shipping 2/3 of the way across the country thrown in, to race Rachel on her home track? Don't know? Zenyatta's shortest gap is the 18 days between her first two races, since then it's been 4 weeks at a minimum.

If the Clark is a no go due to the short gap from the BC then what graded stakes are there in Dec., excluding CA's synthetics and NYRA's detention barn? None that I can see.

phatbastard
08-06-2009, 08:37 PM
surely Fairgrounds would come up with something, or maybe Hawthorne, or Gulfstream after 1st of year...........................

cj's dad
08-06-2009, 08:46 PM

In So-Cal, so Mr. Moss can sleep in his own bed. Dirt track, so Mr. Jackson can be happy. And they even have Trevor to call the race, just like the Breeders Cup. ;)

See, that wasn't so hard was it? Now, which stakes can they enter together, hmm? There's two F/M 3&up stakes at 8.5f, the $50k E. B. Johnston on Sept. 12, and the $75k Las Madrinas on Sept. 26. Or, maybe they can wrangle invites to the Ralph M. Hinds Pomona Invitational Handicap at 9f on Sept 27th with a purse of $125k.

You are joking right ???

david botsford
08-06-2009, 09:13 PM
surely Fairgrounds would come up with something, or maybe Hawthorne, or Gulfstream after 1st of year...........................Why not Oaklawn they have both raced and won there. I'm confident Mr. Cella would be accomudating and would sweeten the purse and the Senate is supportive of racing there.

FenceBored
08-06-2009, 10:03 PM
You are joking right ???

Definitely!

speed
08-06-2009, 10:18 PM

I GOT IT

I may win a pulitzer for this.

New race track surface

1 1/8 mile oval

Exactly half the surface is dirt

Exactly half the surface is synthetic

Problem solved

ULTIMATE NEUTRAL SURFACE :D :D

kenwoodallpromos
08-07-2009, 01:53 AM
Dubai. Let the sheiks put up 3 mil.; 1 milliom show up, winner takes additional million.

FenceBored
08-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Dubai. Let the sheiks put up 3 mil.; 1 milliom show up, winner takes additional million.

Nad al Sheba and its dirt is no more, the new track Meydan (which rumour has it will be Tapeta) opens in January.

Meydan will encompass two tracks, a 1,750m all-weather surface inside a 2,400m turf course, while its Grandstand is unprecedented in the world of horse racing; accommodating 60,000 people and including a five-star hotel, marina, IMAX cinema, six haute cuisine restaurants and a museum.
-- http://www.drcnewswire.com/?p=2410
Can we get the race replays on the IMAX screen?