PDA

View Full Version : Fake Umpires in Toronto

Bison
08-05-2009, 08:01 PM
We've got two clowns in Toronto imitating Umpires.
They sit right behind home plate.
:bang:
It was mildly amusing at first, but now it is just down right irritating.
These two have been served 5 beers each already, and it's only the 3rd inning.

I say throw these two bozos out on their collective rear ends.

JWBurnie
08-05-2009, 08:07 PM
They did a story about those clowns on ESPN. They'd piss me off after a while too. Any clue on the ticket price for those seats? They can't be cheap.

Bison
08-05-2009, 08:21 PM
They did a story about those clowns on ESPN. They'd piss me off after a while too. Any clue on the ticket price for those seats? They can't be cheap.

I'd guess that those seats are worth about $200 each. These guys wreck the telecast for me. I imagine others must feel the same way. Can't the league step in and stop these guys?

JWBurnie
08-05-2009, 08:40 PM
You would think so.... Hell, they removed a guy from Yankee stadium for going to the restroom during the National Anthem.

turfnsport
08-05-2009, 11:01 PM
They were in DC about a month ago for a couple of games, sitting right behind home plate. Funny at first, then I found it hard to concentrate on the game, I was staring at them the entire time.

However, as a Nationals fan, anything taking me away from the actual game can be a good thing.

cj
08-05-2009, 11:14 PM
They just removed a guy in LA for wearing a funky blue leotard and stretching in the bleachers.

HuggingTheRail
08-06-2009, 01:15 AM
They just removed a guy in LA for wearing a funky blue leotard and stretching in the bleachers.

Please tell me it wasn't Tommy Lasorda or Fernando Valenzuela

ezrabrooks
08-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Some belligerent dunce got the 46 at the A's/Rangers game last night.

Ez

OTM Al
08-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Some belligerent dunce got the 46 at the A's/Rangers game last night.

Ez

Point of language usage. That is "86", not "46".

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/180827/the_origin_and_usage_of_the_term_86.html?cat=37

Sadly, there was a partial building collapse at Chumley's a few years back and I don't think it has been reopened. It was a fun sort of place and all the secret exits still worked and some were still part of the regular coming and going.

ezrabrooks
08-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Point of language usage. That is "86", not "46".

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/180827/the_origin_and_usage_of_the_term_86.html?cat=37

Sadly, there was a partial building collapse at Chumley's a few years back and I don't think it has been reopened. It was a fun sort of place and all the secret exits still worked and some were still part of the regular coming and going.

Point of language usage back at you...."86" means dead... I was referring to our anti taser friend 46zilzal..

Ez

OTM Al
08-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Ah, I see, inside reference, not the vulgar....I guess if I actually paid any attention to 46's posts any more I might have had some idea of what you were talking about

Bubbles
08-07-2009, 04:28 PM
I've seen these guys during a few games before. I don't mind them in small doses, but I can certainly understand how regulars at the Skydome/Rogers Center would get annoyed by the sideshow.