PDA

View Full Version : Just like a Bad Penny - the Blokes are everywhere ! Send em back home

BeatTheChalk
08-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Even in the down home hills of West Va ? We have a fine gentleman who
blurts it out - just like all of the other blokes .. who for some reason .. are
everywhere.. like the damn bad penny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last time I looked .. this was the USA .. and we won the damn war.
:bang: :eek: :( :mad:

cj's dad
08-04-2009, 06:32 PM

What the hell are you talking about. ???? :eek::faint:

andymays
08-04-2009, 06:32 PM

I don't know either but if has something to do with getting rid of synthetic surfaces I'm all for it! :lol:

fmolf
08-04-2009, 06:40 PM
maybe someone was bragging about having soul warrior and how could anyone miss such a logical horse! :rolleyes:

BeatTheChalk
08-04-2009, 06:48 PM

I am talking about the Track Announcers from England ,South Africa,
Wales, Scotland and all of the countries of the Former English Empire !
I 'm probably the only one on earth who can't stand these guys .. if so
fine with me.

Same for Tennis, Golf et al. Don't get me Started. The last Straw .. was Churchill Downs. A symbol for all time. A Shrine,a Temple, Holy Grounds of American Racing, and they are telling me that the only person who could do the Race Calls ...was some bloke from overseas ??? I give up !!

DeanT
08-04-2009, 07:00 PM
I don't know either but if has something to do with getting rid of synthetic surfaces I'm all for it! :lol:

:D

Peter Berry is awesome. When an Australian bred won a couple of weeks ago he chanted "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... " at the wire. You don't hear Durkin say that every day :D

andymays
08-04-2009, 07:04 PM
:D

Peter Berry is awesome. When an Australian bred won a couple of weeks ago he chanted "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... " at the wire. You don't hear Durkin say that every day :D

I think Michael Wrona is the best but I can see the point of BeatTheChalk.

Maybe too much already! The novelty of foreign accents in Race Calling is wearing off.

illinoisbred
08-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Once at Arlington,Wrona said a distant trailer was in his own race with the ambulance.

Peter Berry
08-04-2009, 08:03 PM

I've been a U.S. citizen for almost 20 years and most of the money I earn I spend on your fine American microbrews.

cj's dad
08-04-2009, 08:46 PM
I've been a U.S. citizen for almost 20 years and most of the money I earn I spend on your fine American microbrews.

Money well spent IMO- though Guinness is hard to top- at least that which is brewed and never leaves Ireland !! 5xxx I believe. The brew served here is quite acceptable though.

Peter Berry
08-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Money well spent IMO- though Guinness is hard to top- at least that which is brewed and never leaves Ireland !! 5xxx I believe. The brew served here is quite acceptable though.

Full-strength Guinness the number two breakfast beer behind Avery's Ale to the Chief.

Bruddah
08-04-2009, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=BeatTheChalk]I am talking about the Track Announcers from England ,South Africa,
Wales, Scotland and all of the countries of the Former English Empire !
I 'm probably the only one on earth who can't stand these guys .. if so
fine with me.

Ummm Now! I wouldn't say that!! I think I was first in line with that rant. :lol: :D

offtrack
08-05-2009, 07:05 AM
I have often heard Tom Durkin recite poetry by Keats as the sound check at the spa, after the gates open after 11:00 AM.
I enjoyed it.

MickJ26
08-05-2009, 11:55 AM
I thought Peter Berry's call was terrific.
His excitement really captured the moment.

ryesteve
08-05-2009, 12:08 PM
they are telling me that the only person who could do the Race Calls ...was some bloke from overseas ???Not the "only" person, but if he's the best one, what's your problem? (<-- rhetorical question)

castaway01
08-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Having heard Americans like Battaglia, Grunder, and Wallace and their stellar calls, I can't blame them for thinking they needed to go overseas to bring in some fresh talent.