PDA

View Full Version : Cash for Clunkers Scary?

Dave Schwartz
08-04-2009, 01:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=mqfuZ7hiap0

You have to see this to believe it!

HUSKER55
08-04-2009, 05:38 AM
That is incredible! Thanks for the heads up.

socantra
08-04-2009, 11:07 AM
According to Tom, that was only on the Dealer's sign-up, and is no longer there. So, you probably should not sign up as a dealer if you just want to buy a car.

Tom
08-04-2009, 11:22 AM
This was a trail balloon - to see how far they can go with this. Count on it.

ddog
08-04-2009, 11:28 AM
ufo - real - count on it.
:lol:

boxcar
08-04-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm not that surprised. This is one evil administration whose singular goal is procure as much power for itself as possible. But you have to hand it to them because as that news gal kept saying "it's all legal". It's legal because once you click on that "accept" button to their terms, you've basically given permission for the vampire to enter your home of office. You've essentially have sold your soul to the devil. And the really sinister part is that they entice and lure people into their trap with this promise of all this money for your old car. So, in very real sense the unwary or naive, who want to take advantage of this "deal', really have sold their soul to this tyrannical government -- for what? A fistful of dollars?

And the libs complain and whine about how Bush has sold our freedom and privacy down the pike after 911. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

socantra
08-04-2009, 11:44 AM
You have to see this to believe it!

You've convinced me. I believe Glen Beck is an idiot.

I am curious though...... If this conspiracy to spy on everyone's computer is true, why would they put up a disclosure statement?

DJofSD
08-04-2009, 11:45 AM
The warning about the computer becoming the property of the Federal government is not new.

Working at a F500 company this kind of warning was de rigor for an employee working from home using their own personal equipment. This was when a person was working from home (very typical for technical support people working around the clock) and while working from home, using VPN to access the company's internal network via the internet.

The fact that Glenn "I don't understand all the fuss is about Barbaro" Beck and the fools at Fox are just now learning about this kind of warning is a riot. And, they're upset because now the federal government is going to be able to access your data and information on your computer is another Johnny come lately.

Don't get me wrong. These are serious issues. I understand and appreciate the concerns. However, the sudden awareness of what can happen when you are using the internet and signing up to access some one else's application is just too much. Talk about closing the barn door after the horse has gotten out. Geeze.

boxcar
08-04-2009, 11:47 AM

I am curious though...... If this conspiracy to spy on everyone's computer is true, why would they put up a disclosure statement?

To get foolish people's "signed" permission to spy. :bang: :bang: Is the obvious too much for you to handle? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
08-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Once you sing, you have no recourse.
Funny how no MSM covered this and the WH pulled it when it got out.

Dave Schwartz
08-04-2009, 12:07 PM

Yes, he absolutely is.

There are really only two alternatives here:

1. The story is real.
Just proves that Washington cannot be trusted.

2. The story is faked.
Just proves that the media cannot be trusted.

Personally, I have found Glenn Beck to be a sensationalistic opportunist who will exagerate any story to get people to watch. But it still comes down to those two choices.

Of course, I have left out the obvious possibility that neither can be trusted. <G>

Dave

mostpost
08-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Once you sing, you have no recourse.
Funny how no MSM covered this and the WH pulled it when it got out.
You've convinced me. I'll never sing again. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wait a minute!!!!! Was that your nefarious plan all along. :confused:

Tom
08-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Yes, he absolutely is. AGREE

1. The story is real.

2. The story is faked.

Personally, I have found Glenn Beck to be a sensationalistic opportunist who will exagerate any story to get people to watch. But it still comes down to those two choices. AGREE, but the thing about him is, he is bringing out stories the MSM is burying.

Of course, I have left out the obvious possibility that neither can be trusted. <G>

Dave

As with any source, you heat about things and check it out.
Beck is out there, but at least he is bringing stories out that the MSM is not. And, his predictions over the years have been dead on in many cases.
How is it the MSM is not covering the fact that we now have more czars than we have had presidents? And that avowed communists are among their number? The left was all over Larry Craig....but not a peep about communists who favored forced abortion being put illegally into power postions.

boxcar
08-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Yes, he absolutely is.

1. The story is real.

2. The story is faked.

Personally, I have found Glenn Beck to be a sensationalistic opportunist who will exagerate any story to get people to watch. But it still comes down to those two choices.

Dave

What, therefore, is the solution to this horrible "dilemma"? Libs, whose entire lives are characterized by denial, would put their blind trust and faith and confidence in government, throwing all caution to the wind. Conservatives, on the other hand, would prefer to err on the side of caution, recognizing that while Beck might be a sensationalist that, nonetheless, liberal administrations, generally, should not be trusted. A no-brainer.

Boxcar

LottaKash
08-04-2009, 02:38 PM
I have always believed that "skype" and things of that nature and use, are a surefire way for our gov't to delve further into our private lives, and legally at that.....And "magic jack", I wonder what foreboding routines may be embedded in those chips?...Hey, they are almost giving them away...Yes, it is scary....:(

Dave Schwartz
08-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Boxie,

I do not believe there is a solution.

Dave

Tom
08-04-2009, 02:56 PM
There are two...Smith and Wesson. :eek:;)

exactaplayer
08-04-2009, 03:46 PM
You guys all have to get your sandwhich boards on and head uptown. The world is waiting for you. Oh and remove your tinfoil helmets before you go to town.

Tom
08-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Care to contribute anything constructive?
Do you even know hat we are talking about?
Do you support having to sign away your rights like this?
Or is "tin hat" the extent of your capabilities?

exactaplayer
08-04-2009, 04:42 PM
If I recall correctly, back when Bush/Cheney were doing all those wiretaps, you guys said "If you are not doing anything wrong what's the problem". I am not going to get in to a prolonged debate with you on this. I just want to say you guys are really starting to sound like schizo-paranoids here. On most of the threads posted in off topic.

ArlJim78
08-04-2009, 05:05 PM
so let me get this straight, if you didn't mind wiretaps of phones calling terror suspects overseas, you should also not mind the government taking over your computer and copying all your files when you try to buy a car?:eek:

gotcha.

LottaKash
08-04-2009, 05:35 PM
I just want to say you guys are really starting to sound like schizo-paranoids here. On most of the threads posted in off topic.

Perhaps it may be you that is living in "La-La don't want to know-land"... You have eyes to see and ears to hear, and yet you don't see and hear anything new or different other than the way "it used to be"....Now that is very idealistic of you, isn't it ?....Open your eyes, this is not your Daddy's Gov't anymore..

Believe what you want to..... But myself, I see much change lately...Not nice changes for the better, either....

best,

JustRalph
08-04-2009, 06:41 PM
The fact that they made immediate changes to the site......

proves Beck was on to something.............

Beck screams about some stuff that he shouldn't but.......

But overall I don't think he is an idiot..........entertainer yes..........idiot no.

dutchboy
08-04-2009, 07:00 PM
I have always believed that "skype" and things of that nature and use, are a surefire way for our gov't to delve further into our private lives, and legally at that.....And "magic jack", I wonder what foreboding routines may be embedded in those chips?...Hey, they are almost giving them away...Yes, it is scary....:(

A few days ago there was an article that Skype may be forced to close as a result of a dispute over who owns certain parts of the software code.

NJ Stinks
08-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Libs, whose entire lives are characterized by denial....

Boxcar

Coming from you - that is really rich! :lol:

socantra
08-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Beck screams about some stuff that he shouldn't but.......

But overall I don't think he is an idiot..........entertainer yes..........idiot no.

OK. You've convinced me. Glenn Beck is a lunatic.

Shemp Howard
08-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Liberalism is just communism by the drink.

http://www.drudgereport.com/obj.jpg

hcap
08-04-2009, 10:09 PM

I particularly like it when Glen Beck weeps and cries like a widdle widdle baby.

boxcar
08-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Coming from you - that is really rich! :lol:

Why do you say that? I'm not in denial about anything. We have a pathological liar, narcissist, pinko commie for a president. You agree, then?

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2009, 03:10 AM
If I recall correctly, back when Bush/Cheney were doing all those wiretaps, you guys said "If you are not doing anything wrong what's the problem".I don't believe I would ever say such nonsense. But, if you've got proof, let me know...:lol:

Tom
08-05-2009, 07:48 AM
If I recall correctly, back when Bush/Cheney were doing all those wiretaps, you guys said "If you are not doing anything wrong what's the problem". I am not going to get in to a prolonged debate with you on this. I just want to say you guys are really starting to sound like schizo-paranoids here. On most of the threads posted in off topic.

OK, you have nothing to contribute thanks for clearing that up.
Funny one would equate wiretapping a specific group of suspected terrorist call with "gottcha" tactics on US citizens for no reason at all.

I like to keep track of those here are worht reading and those who are just trolls snipping. Self pidgeon-holing is a big time saver. :ThmbUp: