PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Belmont Bris file

Secretariat
05-15-2003, 02:18 AM
The archive at Bris does not have the 1999 Belmont file. This is the one where Charsimatic lost in his Triple Crown bid.

Somehow I deleted that file, and when I contacted Bris they said it wasn't stored in their archive. Unbeleivable, in fact NO other track file from 06/05/99 is listed in the archive which would have most likely contained the BEL race. Weird, huh!

Anyway, if anyone here has the BEL0605K.ZIP file or any 0605 software data file from Bris for the 1999 Belmont, would appreciate letting me know. I am running tests on past Belmonts and could really use the file.

Thanks much.

takeout
05-15-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
The archive at Bris does not have the 1999 Belmont file.

Unbelievable is right! :rolleyes:

Did you happen ask them if they were ever going to fix it?

Secretariat
05-15-2003, 08:31 PM
Here's the responses I've received from Bris on the file. I've asked for a supervisor, but still no response.

"We are unsure why, but this date did not make it into the archive when we built it. We do not have this date in any format that we can determine.

I apologize for the inconvenience."

Thank You

Stiv McFadden
Bloodstock Research Technical Support
1-800-354-9206

and

> I have been checking with people around here that have data files saved from that far back and no one seems to have it. I can't really explain what happened that it never archived but I will keep checking and if I have any luck, I will let you know.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Brian
>

Tim
05-15-2003, 09:00 PM
Brian,

I have both the Bris import chart file and the 3 part Bris DRF file for that date ( 6-5-99 ). If you can use them please send me your email address and I'll email them as a zip attachment.

timothy.hennessey@snet.net

Tim

takeout
05-15-2003, 10:18 PM
> I have been checking with people around here that have data files saved from that far back and no one seems to have it.

No one that saved data files knew that they were missing Belmont day? That's pretty amazing in itself.

What's the point of saving data if you're going to have gaps?

I've mentioned this before but they're still missing 3 days of Import Results Files in 2001 that never showed up in the BRIS archives because of the Sept. 11th terrorists attacks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were missing in other files as well and for many if not all of the other tracks that were running then. I only take a file for one track and it was never fixed there. I can't understand why they don't fix these things once they are brought to their attention.

Secretariat
05-23-2003, 01:18 AM
Just a quick public thanks to Tim. He had the multi Bris file, I downloaded Nathan's Multi 2 Single Bris utility on Thorotech (Equisim) web site, and was able to convert it to single, and now have the 99 Belmont -- no thanks to Bris, but a big thanks to Tim and Nathan.