PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Jobs Program - Saginaw Bay?

ArlJim78
08-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Michigan (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/08/03/2009-08-03_obama_eyes_moving_guantanamo_prisoners_to_great _lakes_lockup_in_michigan.html) set to roll out the red carpet for the Gitmo detainees. 300 jobs perhaps saved by the Obama administration. Of course we have to spend $100 million to upgrade the facility first, but at least it takes care of the nasty problem of housing these dangerous people in Cuba and the world will respect us once again.

Oh wait a minute, there was no nasty problem keeping these dangerous people in Cuba and the world doesn't give a rip about Gitmo? You don't say.
Well at least it helps fulfill an empty headed campaign pledge.

Obama eyes moving Guantanamo prisoners to lockup in Michigan

by Helen Kennedy
Daily News Staff Writer

Goodbye, Guantanamo Bay. Hello, Great Lakes?

The Obama Administration is mulling plans to move all 229 detainees at Guantanamo Bay to a Michigan prison near the shores of Lake Huron.

Tom
08-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

ddog
08-03-2009, 11:35 AM
the only "growth" left is gvt spending, so have at it.

just more "green shoots" of recovery there.

it always seemed cowardly to me that we tremble in fear at the sight of one of these clowns.

I would wish them "detained" here.

It used to be felt that something like this would be "doing ones bit for the effort", not so much anymore.

Just all a bunch of softies with the NIMBY syndrome.

Back in the old days would have been a little shocking, now not so much.

Warren Henry
08-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Michigan (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/08/03/2009-08-03_obama_eyes_moving_guantanamo_prisoners_to_great _lakes_lockup_in_michigan.html) set to roll out the red carpet for the Gitmo detainees. 300 jobs perhaps saved by the Obama administration. Of course we have to spend $100 million to upgrade the facility first, but at least it takes care of the nasty problem of housing these dangerous people in Cuba and the world will respect us once again.

Oh wait a minute, there was no nasty problem keeping these dangerous people in Cuba and the world doesn't give a rip about Gitmo? You don't say.
Well at least it helps fulfill an empty headed campaign pledge.

Obama eyes moving Guantanamo prisoners to lockup in Michigan

by Helen Kennedy
Daily News Staff Writer

Goodbye, Guantanamo Bay. Hello, Great Lakes?

The Obama Administration is mulling plans to move all 229 detainees at Guantanamo Bay to a Michigan prison near the shores of Lake Huron.
Jim,

Not to wish anything bad for you, but ----

The only other place they are considering right now is Leavenworth which is only about 20 miles from me. I would really rather you would take these guys. :rolleyes:

Tom
08-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Two possibilities....

1. DC, inside the beltway. Let them be right where OBama can keep an eye on them!

2. Downtown Chicago.....they will blend right in

Warren Henry
08-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Two possibilities....

1. DC, inside the beltway. Let them be right where OBama can keep an eye on them!

Attaboy, Tom. Those are much better ideas than Michigan or Kansas.

dartman51
08-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Two possibilities....

I vote for DC, you won't be able to tell them from the rest of the scum around the capitol building.:ThmbUp:

cj's dad
08-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Two possibilities....

Release them in Baltimore- no one will know the difference- in a few days they will be pimping and using their tricks money for drugs and holed with a Section 8 chick and her illegitimate offspring.