Pays $242.80 to win, $75.60 to place!

Check this out...
Last 4 races
4K claimer 8th by 29
4K claimer 8th by 10
10K claimer 8th by 58
10K claimer 9th by 21

and this race was an ALWNW2!!!!

When they tride to take the sample for the urinalysis the horse exploded, injuring three........

:cool:

Cato

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2003, 01:06 AM
Guess they finall found the 'on' switch....LOL

JustRalph
05-15-2003, 01:24 AM
Did he have any decent works?

Show Me the Wire
05-15-2003, 02:17 AM
First start by Mynameischase off the claim for new connections and what is worse I lost the third leg of the pick 3, because this bomber beat my 23:1 bomber that ran 2nd. Talk about a tough beat, especialy since I talked to Mynameischase's owner before the race!

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Perception is reality

cato
05-15-2003, 02:41 AM
show me the wire: what did the owner say?

no new works since march 31

1st off claim by a 5% trianer and ridden by a 5% jockey

1 for 1 at the distance (5 1/2)

the horse did show "early speed" in its last race by going 2d by he and 2d by 4....if you call fractions of 24.3 49 and 115.1 as early speed........

Still a mystery

Cato

Show Me the Wire
05-15-2003, 02:49 AM
Cato:

He didn't say much, just casual conversation about how you only need one good paying horse to turn a losing day or stretch into a profitable day in this game. I guess I didn't see it coming (lol) Of course we all congratulated him after the race and roasted him becuase he didn't have the super.

What should be clarified here is this race was for Illinois breds and the horse was moving back into restricted company. Illinois breds mixed with mud and rain is a volatile mixture. However, even after knowing the result of the race, I still would lose if I had the opportunity to bet the race over.

Regards,
Show me the Wire

Perception is realty.

JustRalph
05-15-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Show Me the Wire
Cato:He didn't say much, just casual conversation about how you only need one good paying horse to turn a losing day or stretch into a profitable day in this game.

The owner of a $242 dollar horse has this conversation with you prior to the race..............and you didn't see it coming? Oh man!
I bet you are killing yourself right now........

Fractional Times: 22.82, 46.86, 58.89, 1:05.17

Winner: Mynameischase - Bay Colt, April 19, 1999
Bred by James D. Denney in IL
Pedigree: Cartwright - Song of the Nile , by Upper Nile

Pgm Horse Win Place Show Total WPS Pool: $87,310
9 Mynameischase 242.80 75.60 13.20
6 Spanish Mist 20.20 6.80
2 Bold America 2.60

Wager Type Winning Numbers Payoff Pool Carryover
$1 Pick 3 2/9-4-9 212.90 5,395
$2 Exacta 9-6 3,245.60 100,026
$1 Superfecta 9-6-2-ALL 14,151.70 18,895
$2 Trifecta 9-6-2 9,329.20 74,634

Pgm Comment
9 Mynameischase: vied for lead, just outside, drew off, driving

I bet the owner picked up some nice change on this one...in spite of what he said.........There ought to be a law..........it looks to me like one person had the super for a buck? I am not sure I am adding this up right, but it seems like somewhere north of 20 people had the exacta? Man!!!!!

ranchwest
05-15-2003, 08:22 AM
This is one of those horses on which you hope you have a spot play rule, such as:

1) 1st off claim
2) returning to winning distance, route to short sprint
3) return to state bred restriction

I play some rules, but that one wasn't in my arsenal.

SAL
05-15-2003, 12:48 PM
My question would be: Why would someone claim a horse with such atrocious running lines? You always think trainers claim horses because they think they can improve them, but dang, from $4k to allowance company? If there was ever a case of drug use, here it is.

Diamond K
05-15-2003, 01:41 PM
You have to go back a ways on the value of this horse. Luckily the last paceline shows alot.

NetCapper had this horse as 2nd Selection on Betting Tab with a Fair Odds of 6-1 and it was best choice on the Pace Summary, leading in most all important factors. One of the top Selections on the Predictors Tab. This was after eliminating 3 horses with long DSLR's on the Betting Tab (which had no effect on the Pace or Predictors screens.

A program I picked up on the Internet which doesn't seem to be supported anymore STK2000 had this horse as a standout with both their proprietary speed rating and the DRF rating of 99 !. All two programs used the last paceline. I have won alot of money using this program. It works best with Bris Single File Format and doesn't seem to do well at all with TSN. I wonder if anyone has done an upgrade to this program for it sure seems to be good. It has modeling etc, although I just use it with defaults.

JustRalph
05-15-2003, 04:21 PM
Based on the lines....he wouldn't get my money.

But with the early foot last time.....you could expect some improvement at the same class level...maybe. But jumping up to the class he did, I don't know....? But that's why they call them longshots! :cool:

Show Me the Wire
05-15-2003, 04:47 PM
Diamond K:

That DRF 99 SR was earned Aug. 31, 2002 at CBY, not exactly in the current form cycle. Additionally, did you notice the horse's best race came when he was administered bute on Aug. 31, 2002. The pps show terrible efforts since then and coincidently bute was not administered in any of those races. Additonally, his best effort without bute on March 19, 2002 is not good enough to win against yesterday's competition.

Since bute is not legal race day medication in Illinois, and CBY usually indicates a lower level competiton than Hawthorne the Aug. 31, 2002 paceline would probably not be a reliable indicator of today's (yesterday's) form cycle.

With that said, the horse did show from reversal for someone reason and it has generated alot of publicity.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Perception is reality

Show Me the Wire
05-15-2003, 05:16 PM
Here is the official story from the AP press release about Mynameischase. Apparently, the connections claimed the steed based on his bute performance at CBY.

"TRAINER NICOLAS PEREZ RECOUNTS THRILL OF 'CHASE' AT $242 TO WIN
Mynameischase, who paid $242.80 to win at Arlington Park Wednesday, had drawn the attention of owners Jim Perrone and Stephen Richek as well as trainer Nicolas Perez long before he lit up the tote board on the fourth day of the local season.
"We noticed that this horse had run some good races last year at Sportsman's Park," said trainer Perez Thursday morning, "and had won at five and a half furlongs at Canterbury last summer. We had our eye on (Wednesday's) race for him even before we claimed him out of his last race (Apr. 26 at Hawthorne).
"I was surprised he went off at that price yesterday," Perez said, in reference to the longest win price registered at Arlington since the facility reopened in 2000. "He loves that distance and I really thought he had a good chance to win it, even though it was a tough race. We had that boy (apprentice jockey Cruz Contreras, aboard for Wednesday's tally) blow him out a few days ago, and he really liked the way he went so we gave him a shot to ride him. The rider wanted to rate him as long as he could, but he said the horse just took off with him." "

Therefore, I stand corrected the bute performance, on August 31, 2002 against easier competition (7.5k nw3l claimers) is indicative yesterday's current form and performance without bute against tougher competition.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

In the beginning the world was whole.

ranchwest
05-15-2003, 05:34 PM
Note that the top 4 finishers closed in the race and the next 4 quit. The last horse was never in the race.

It looks like maybe this horse, after having run in several longer races, was turned loose in this 5.5f race and found it easy going to keep running. With all the quitters in the race and the favorite trying coming on from way back, the winner matched up well to the pace.

While there could have been some hanky-panky, I think it might just be that the trainer made the right move with the horse.

hurrikane
05-15-2003, 05:46 PM
Diamond. So, did you have him?

Show Me the Wire
05-15-2003, 06:04 PM
Guys:

I guess sarcasm does not come off well, when I am typing it. If I believed that press release, I buy a bridge some of you are trying to sell.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Perception is reality

GameTheory
05-15-2003, 06:44 PM
Regardless of the real reason for the win, artificially induced or not, this horse has a bunch of positive signs besides bute (karma moves as we are discussing in another thread).

-- Coming off claim and being put in an allowance. Why in the world would you do this if you thought the horse was crap? Why would you claim the horse if you thought he was crap?

-- Early foot last out / shortening up today to the distance of last win.

-- In his better races, his speed figures are competitive.

At those odds, what more do you need? This is just the sort of horse I look for....

Show Me the Wire
05-15-2003, 07:07 PM
What are you people talking about early speed? Of course he should early speed against slow routers.

The horse showed early speed because it stretched out in the prior race, just like he did on March 22, 2003 for a 10k tag and ran up the track his next race, while running for 4K tag. Additionally, the early speed came while under the care of the prior trainer, not the winning connections.

What is important is its best effort came, while on bute. Bute is a pain killer and it seems the horse needed some sort of pain management to run decently.

My hat is off to the connections, obviously they saw something they could correct and they did it. That is the only important item, the correction they made. I cannot seriously attribute any other handicapping angle, such as early speed, or a pace line from a cheap race influenced by pain medication as the reason this horse won. It won because the connections corrected some physical pain problem.

With that said, based on the trainer, I did not believe he would be astute enough to correct the physical problem so quickly.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Perception is reality

Diamond K
05-15-2003, 08:01 PM
Of course not. I bet the show horse. What fool would bet a cheap horse in a race with other cheap horses just because he had a 99 speed rating at whatever track and the 2 handicap programs I use put him on top?

JustRalph
05-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Diamond K
Of course not. I bet the show horse. What fool would bet a cheap horse in a race with other cheap horses just because he had a 99 speed rating at whatever track and the 2 handicap programs I use put him on top?

The intended inflection came off just fine in this post....hee hee...!

ranchwest
05-16-2003, 01:59 AM
Dang, I guess most folks are looking for Secretariat to go off at 120/1, eh?

My only thought on this is that you can buy a lot of $2 tickets with $242.