PDA

View Full Version : win and your in?

fmolf
08-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Why was the 1 1/16 san diego a win and your in for the breeders cup mile? Does this make any sense to anyone?It does not to me.

Relwob Owner
08-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Why was the 1 1/16 san diego a win and your in for the breeders cup mile? Does this make any sense to anyone?It does not to me.

To me, the whole concept is terrible....it is frustrating because it seems like the time and effort put in to getting it together could have been placed elsewhere......

fmolf
08-02-2009, 10:16 PM
To me, the whole concept is terrible....it is frustrating because it seems like the time and effort put in to getting it together could have been placed elsewhere......
i cannot disagree.I think they should at least make the races reflective of the race that the winner will be entered in!....I never thought that they had a problem attracting horses?I guess it has to do with money...it aways does!

joanied
08-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Ohboy...glad you guys started this thread because all of last week, every day I told myself I should start a thread on the 'Win and You're In' thing...I bitched about it last year, especially all the win & u r in races in Europe...so thought a discussion on everyones opinions on this might be interesting...if the BC guys keep it up, every other race will be a win & ur in race ;) ...
it seems to me that every year, every race in the BC program is filled...even with all the new races they have now...and does a horse (and the connections) deserve running in a BC race off a win in one of the 'special' races...even if that horse hasn't done well in the past (and maybe doesn't win another race between now & BC Day(s)...I think not.
These are Championship races and to allow lesser horses to enter seems out of tilt to me...am I wrong?

fmolf & Relwob...maybe this thread should include a poll?

I look forward to others opinions about this...

Relwob Owner
08-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Ohboy...glad you guys started this thread because all of last week, every day I told myself I should start a thread on the 'Win and You're In' thing...I bitched about it last year, especially all the win & u r in races in Europe...so thought a discussion on everyones opinions on this might be interesting...if the BC guys keep it up, every other race will be a win & ur in race ;) ...
it seems to me that every year, every race in the BC program is filled...even with all the new races they have now...and does a horse (and the connections) deserve running in a BC race off a win in one of the 'special' races...even if that horse hasn't done well in the past (and maybe doesn't win another race between now & BC Day(s)...I think not.
These are Championship races and to allow lesser horses to enter seems out of tilt to me...am I wrong?

fmolf & Relwob...maybe this thread should include a poll?

I look forward to others opinions about this...

Agree on all counts....it is just amazing to me that with all of the things that can potentially be fixed/improved with racing, the powers that be choose to focus on this....has there ever been an issue of short fields in the Breeders Cup or a deserving horse not getting in? I cant think of many. Win and you're in also has a potentially negatiove effect in that it can actually keep a good horse out if a fluky winner gets in and takes a spot....as fmolf says, it is probably about money