PDA

View Full Version : ATT&T Connect Card

Lefty
08-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I just got one and having trouble with it. It's fast when it works. Can't see what there is to do wrong, but i must be doing something wrong. Too many times I visit a site or send e-mail, then after that I get message Internet Exploer cannot connect to site. It's driving me nuts. Only cure is shut computer completely down for a minute, restart, recconect the device, then i'm good for 5 min to an hour.
Any suggestions?

DJofSD
08-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Make sure you have all updates both S/W and H/W.

Lefty
08-02-2009, 02:00 PM
???? Could you Explain further. I just got it, shouldn't I have everything I need?

DJofSD
08-02-2009, 02:19 PM
There could be updates for the driver Windows uses when you insert the card or when Windows recognizes the new device. Furthermore, there could be new code from the PC manufactor needed to support the device. Case in point: I had a problem with a laptop feeding a video signal over an HDMI cable to my A/V unit. Try as I may twiddling all the things I could find, updating everything, I could not get Vista to recognize the connection. An email to HP describing the set up and the symptoms resulted in a link to an update on the HP web site (that was not found otherwise) that fixed my problem.

JustRalph
08-02-2009, 03:11 PM
you are on the same network as the IPHONE

That is your problem.

Apple is trying to quell class action lawsuits because they expanded the capability of the new IPHONE and upgraded the software on the old ones giving them much more ability to send pictures and texts etc.........

Now the network is not holding up.............

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/07/18/att-is-a-big-steaming-heap-of-failure/

many report the same problems you have.........when it works...great.......but they are rotating bandwidth from some rumors I have read.............it is why haven't jumped to an iphone myself

DJofSD
08-02-2009, 03:20 PM
http://seekingalpha.com/article/153030-why-the-fcc-wants-to-smash-open-the-iphone?source=email

dutchboy
08-02-2009, 04:08 PM
http://seekingalpha.com/article/153030-why-the-fcc-wants-to-smash-open-the-iphone?source=email

They rejected Google Voice app which started the FCC investigation. One of Osama's buddies and IT tech adviser is one of the founders of Google.

Probably just a coincidence?

WaHoo
08-02-2009, 05:34 PM
i was having a problem like that when i deleted McAfee off my new laptop.
i got a cleaner to remove what was left of McAfee..

I have a Serria usb card and i downloaded the 3G Watcher to connect up,
instead of Communication Manager...

if you have a Serria card go here for 3G Watcher

http://www.sierrawireless.com/support/default.aspx

Lefty
08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks, guys. I shouldn't have to look at other stuff to make new stuff work. I met a guy today with a Sprint Connect Card. He says, no problems. I'm taking this one back Mon, and if they can't show me how to make it work properly, then they can have it back as there's supposed to be a free 30 day trial. I did deposit a $100 which is supposed to be rebated back. I'll try Sprint one and if it does the same, back to dialup. I think JR prob has diagnosed the problem though.

JustRalph
08-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Lefty........make sure you take off any firewall apps.........then try it

I still think the ATT network is the problem though.........

CBedo
08-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Lefty, if you are going to go witht the Sprint network, there are actually a few resellers of their service where you will pay about the same monthly with basically the same terms of service, but won't be locked into a 100 year contract (is a 2 year contract the cell phone companies' form of customer service?).

I think Millenicom is one. There is another one that a friend of mine uses that he loves, blanking on the name.

Lefty
08-03-2009, 12:30 AM
JR, I have Trend Micro virus protection. I changed the firewall from Direct Internet to Wireless Internet. seemed to work better for awhile.
CBedo, Thanks. Up in the air until I talk to ATT tomorrow, but if you think of your friend's service, let me know.
Thanks again, guys.

Lefty
08-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I was on phone hour and a half with ATT&T tech guy. He had me do a lot of stuff. Problem persisted. He said go get a new one. did so. I think the problem may be solved.
Thanks for all the help.

Lefty
08-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I spoke too soon. problem persisted. I took it bk today. Then I got the cricket wireless. Hopefully it will work better.