PDA

View Full Version : Governors Cup- Penn National

Whodoyalike?
08-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Penn National held their signature race this evening, the $200,000 governor's cup, 5 furlongs on turf. A local horse with local owners and trainers beat some of the best turf sprinters in the country. Does this mean that the quality of horses at Penn has finally arrived, or is the race a fluke?

Tampa Russ
08-02-2009, 06:22 AM
Since 5f races are flukey anyway, I say both. But I was very happy for the connections.

Horseplayersbet.com
08-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Had the ex twice. Nosed out for a two dollar tri by the chalk, could have made a nice score.

Whodoyalike?
08-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Since 5f races are flukey anyway, I say both. But I was very happy for the connections.

You may be right. I cashed a nice ticket on the race. Cardashi, with Trainer Tomothy Kreiser, may have been set up for a perfect trip. I liked the horse because he ran that distance at Penn before, and ran the distance as fast as any other horse in that race ran a 5f turf sprint. In addition, its hard to bet against Kreiser with jockey David Cora. Kreiser hits the board over 50% of the time.

Nacumi
08-02-2009, 10:21 AM
We were there, because our Brother Sy won the 4th, the 25K 2L going a mile/16 on the lawn. Finally got the right trip for him and he picked up his head after a couple of hideous rides at Philly. Sy loves the mountain turf course, and the jockey actually heeded the trainer's instructions for once.
Off our schneid for '09. :jump: