PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Area Tracks and OTB's

pktruckdriver
08-01-2009, 09:06 PM
I will be delivering Monday morning 6am in Elk Grove Village, Il, cross streets are S. Western and W. Roosevelt and was wondering what might be near the area of my delivery.

Now it would have to be big enough and safe enough to have me get my 80 foot truck and trailer in their parking lot, otherwise I can't make it.

I hear Hawthorne may be near by, can someone help me out here, if not no biggie.

patrick

Tom
08-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Hey Patrick, you are close - about 4 miles - to Hawthorne.
Good luck, Buddy....

pktruckdriver
08-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Thank you Tom

I should be there by noon local time, some good races today.

Thanks again, Good luck today

See you at the Spa I hope, if all works out, if not next year.

Patrick

Valuist
08-02-2009, 09:04 AM
You are quite a ways from Elk Grove Village. Western and Roosevelt would put you in the city of Chicago, on the west side. Hawthorne has quite a bit of room in their parking lot. 80 foot? I thought the biggest tractor trailers (non-doubles or triples) were 53 foot trailers. If you were in Elk Grove, I believe there is a new OTB there. Also, Arlington isn't too far from EGV.

BTW, I don't know if I would want to get to Western and Roosevelt too early. The area to the east of Cicero is pretty rough. Just a heads up.

OTM Al
08-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Got to double that about Cicero. Stayed in Oak Park last time I was there and train has to go through Cicero to get downtown. Not a good area and I live in NYC so judge as you will.

JBmadera
08-02-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't know how far this is from your delivery but whenever I was working in Chicago I would hit the Mud Bug OTB - I liked it a lot.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mud-bug-otb-chicago

jb

Steve 'StatMan'
08-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Sorry I'm gonna miss your visit. I finally rented a car this weekend and went out of town.

illinoisbred
08-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Maywood Park should be the closest It,s on North Avenue [east-west] and Fifth orSixth Street[north-south].

pktruckdriver
08-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks guys

I'm at Hawthorne now, and so far everyone is so nice ... area outside the gates looks rough thou, maybe a sleep with one eye open night....

It seems that I'm the only one with a laptop, I guess most ppeople print out and bring it to the track, except I live out of a truck, oh well...any tips today please fire away.

Again find me in the horsemens lounge, the 400+lbs guy

say hi

patrick

jimk849
08-02-2009, 12:33 PM
today in the 6th. i played a 5-6 double at arlington and played the 6 to win in race 7 good luck to you.