PDA

View Full Version : I just opened an offshore account

cees with dees
08-01-2009, 08:17 AM
The website is called allhorseracing.
Reasonable price caps and an 8% rebate daily.
Seems too good to be true but I guess I'll find out.
Ben

Rocklane
08-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Please keep us abreast of the situation. Sounds good....too good perhaps?

Immanuel Kant
08-01-2009, 09:05 AM
8% on exotics

3% WPS

Imriledup
08-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Just don't keep a high balance in there, keep the bare minimum.

Rule of thumb with places like this.....only keep money in there that you can afford to lose should they just decide to go out of business or not pay you.

DrunkenHorseplayer
08-01-2009, 05:07 PM
The phrase "reasonable price caps" is an oxymoron; hope you don't hit anything too big.

markgoldie
08-01-2009, 05:59 PM
8% on exotics

3% WPS

These are middle-of-the-road rebates. No reason why they should not want to pay. They make plenty with small rebates like this at most venues.

Anderon
08-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi Cees

Let me know what you think of them after you do some wagering with them and then try to draw out some funds. They personally e-mailed me and said I could wager into negative pools and would still pay the rebate. I've been somewhat afraid to open an account with them as I may not be able to get my funds out in a timely manner or at all. I also found that they didn't have a very good rating for an ADW.

Thanks,

Ron

Thrillseeker
08-02-2009, 10:23 PM
keep a minimum balance...they are a crap book & slow pay winners routinely (part of sportbook.com)...they are D- on SBR & much better offshore options are available...

cees with dees
08-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Hi Ron. So far the website is as smooth as silk and they allow one free withdrawal per month. The rebate is added to my account daily and I use them for win, place bets, dd's and exactas.
For pick 3's and pick 4's I still use NYRA but so far, I think it's a great place to play, especially if you bet on football which I don't.
They have some pretty enticing offers and if you have a sports opinion, it's the place to play.
I did some research on the place and they've been around for quite awhile and I've seen nothing but positive feedback about them.
Hope this helps you.
Ben

lamboguy
08-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi Ron. So far the website is as smooth as silk and they allow one free withdrawal per month. The rebate is added to my account daily and I use them for win, place bets, dd's and exactas.
For pick 3's and pick 4's I still use NYRA but so far, I think it's a great place to play, especially if you bet on football which I don't.
They have some pretty enticing offers and if you have a sports opinion, it's the place to play.
I did some research on the place and they've been around for quite awhile and I've seen nothing but positive feedback about them.
Hope this helps you.
Benbe carefull. offshore betting is illegal for the person that is actually making the bet. i know of a few people that are actually sitting in jail right this minute for thinking otherwise. why wouldn't you want to wager legallys to begin with, you could get higher rebates for most places then you are getting offshore illegally? also you could be getting alot more like video, replay's and forms.

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2009, 11:13 AM
offshore betting is illegal for the person that is actually making the bet. i know of a few people that are actually sitting in jail right this minute for thinking otherwise.Really? Every article I've read that has mentioned the legality of actually placing the bets has stated there are no known instances of any American being arrested for placing a bet with an offshore outfit, playing poker online, etc.

I'd be curious to know what state these people that you know of reside in...

HUSKER55
08-14-2009, 11:44 AM
I have never had any problems with them and the customer service was ok.

slew101
08-14-2009, 04:14 PM
There is only one case of a sports bettor in the U.S. being charged. Anyone who has been arrested/jailed was booking bets, not placing them. Some were working with offshore locations, so that's where the confusion might come from.

This is the case from North Dakota. The feds raided the guy's house and had to charge him with something even though their suspicions were wrong.

(1 online sports gambler has been arrested in the history of the United States. He was a professional sports gambler in North Dakota. He was passing so much money through his bank using Neteller, and they thought he was a bookie. The feds took his computer and some other things from his house. However they had nothing but state laws to prosecute him with (it is not against the law federally to bet on sports, and he paid taxes on his winnings). He was charged $500 for betting on sports (per state law) and let go. He moved to Kentucky.)

I have never had any problems with them and the customer service was ok.

lamboguy
08-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Really? Every article I've read that has mentioned the legality of actually placing the bets has stated there are no known instances of any American being arrested for placing a bet with an offshore outfit, playing poker online, etc.

I'd be curious to know what state these people that you know of reside in...i know 2 brothers from nevada that are now doing federal time for doing just that.

it is flat out against the law, most of the time people are not prosecuted, but as we know, the treasury of the united states is hurting for money, often they go after people to collect money, and they often use laws that no one knows about.

castaway01
08-14-2009, 05:32 PM
i know 2 brothers from nevada that are now doing federal time for doing just that.

it is flat out against the law, most of the time people are not prosecuted, but as we know, the treasury of the united states is hurting for money, often they go after people to collect money, and they often use laws that no one knows about.

So do they do this "often" like you say or has it only happened one time in the history of the country like slew said? Seems like a big difference in opinion there.

slew101
08-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Those guys must have been doing something else. Nobody is in prison for JUST betting on a sports. It's not against federal law to make a bet, as proven in the North Dakota case. If they were in jail for just betting sports, the story would be available.

What you can be charged under is a state law, but it's a misdemeaner in all states, not a felony. That's why the North Dakota guy was just fined $500.

Read all the recent bookie busts stories, and the feds always say they are not gunning for bettors, but bookies.

Here is a nice link about gambling laws.

http://www.gambling-law-us.com/Federal-Laws/wire-act.htm

slew101
08-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Just wanted to add that lamboguy is correct in that all online sports betting is illegal in the U.S. And betting horse racing offshore is also illegal.

The only legal online betting allowed in the U.S. is horse racing with a U.S. business, in some states. Some still ban horse race betting online.

My point was no bettors in the U.S. are going to be charged with betting a sports game. If so, millions could have been charged when the U.S. seized Neteller's records a couple years back. The U.S. actually allowed bettors to collect their money when the Neteller case was finalized. And if you had a Neteller acount, you were engaged in sports betting.

I'd also say offshore horse race betting is not a good idea. The money you make in rebates will be eaten by withdrawal fees if you try to collect. Now if you lose every week, the rebates are a good deal.

Gone2Golf
08-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Slew is right...you are not going to be prosecuted for betting online. The feds will look at bookies and others taking the bets. Still, I don't like these sites that take the action on horse racing and don't put any money back into the pools. It's the liquidity of pools that we all depend upon for betting and the commissions that fund the industry.

PanamaPete
08-22-2009, 03:53 PM
I am interested how Allhorseracing is working out? I looked at their site but their caps are too small for my liking. I wager only Trifectas and need cap's better than 1,000 to 1. I don't get these good mutual's often but when they come in, I want to collect.
pp

lurker
08-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Lambo:

The two brothers were doing a lot more than just betting offshore. They were receiving calls and deciding whether to book or to pass the play into the pool.

As far as playing offshore your best bet is Bookmaker.com. The caps are high and they pay with a smile.

comet52
08-22-2009, 06:12 PM
be carefull. offshore betting is illegal for the person that is actually making the bet. i know of a few people that are actually sitting in jail right this minute for thinking otherwise. why wouldn't you want to wager legallys to begin with, you could get higher rebates for most places then you are getting offshore illegally? also you could be getting alot more like video, replay's and forms.

There are no cases of gamblers getting prosecuted for offshore wagering. Wire act applies to bet takers, not bet makers. UIEGA prohibits financial transfers, does not address the act of wagering other than in terms of financing it. And doesn't carry criminal penalties besides. Please don't scare people with made up stories.

PanamaPete
08-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Some States consider phone (wire) wagering a class three felony. Although, I have never heard of anyone getting busted. It's all a matter of if the State get's their cut. Many States have caused legal OTB's to restrict wagers from specific area codes. Woodbine no longer accepts phone wager accounts from the USA. However if your making book, that's is a different matter.
pp

Robert Goren
08-22-2009, 11:31 PM
The big thing is getting your money. I looked into it a while back. I didn't like the options. But then again, I am a small time win better. If these guys go out of business, you no legal recourse. I play some online poker and never had any trouble getting paid, but I leery of keeping very much money there. If you check around sites like two plus two you find some real horror stories in which people got stuck or had their fund tied up for a long time. If looks too good it generally is.

phatbastard
08-23-2009, 12:14 AM
bookmaker is a spin-off for american players from betcris...betcris is one of the oldest and held in high regard.....been with them for 6 years or so with no problems