PDA

View Full Version : Procap Speed Rating

osophy_junkie
08-01-2009, 01:31 AM
The procap file has a speed rating for past races. But not for the current race, only pars are available, a power rating exists, but this appears to be on a different scale. Is this in a field I don't see or is it maybe called something else.

- Ed

Tom Barrister
08-01-2009, 12:48 PM
The procap file has a speed rating for past races. But not for the current race, only pars are available, a power rating exists, but this appears to be on a different scale. Is this in a field I don't see or is it maybe called something else.

- Ed

As of a year ago, Procaps uses the speed rating from Equibase, which is on a different scale than the rating used by BRIS (who uses a speed rating supplied by DRF).

I believe the TSN speed rating is in field 846.

raybo
08-04-2009, 10:27 PM

- Ed

Neither Bris nor TSN has a speed rating for the current race. Speed ratings are assigned after races, not before, unless your meaning of speed ratings is different than mine. They have pace and speed pars for the current race, only.

GameTheory
08-04-2009, 10:30 PM
As of a year ago, Procaps uses the speed rating from Equibase, which is on a different scale than the rating used by BRIS (who uses a speed rating supplied by DRF).

I believe the TSN speed rating is in field 846.So Procaps data from more than 1 year ago is not comparable to the current stuff?

raybo
08-04-2009, 10:43 PM

I believe the TSN speed rating is in field 846.

Bris does supply the DRF speed rating and DRF variant, which do come from the DRF. However, the Bris speed rating is proprietary to Bris and does not come from the DRF. So, Bris data files include 2 speed ratings, DRF and Bris.

Tom Barrister
08-10-2009, 12:51 AM
So Procaps data from more than 1 year ago is not comparable to the current stuff?

I would assume that it's still the same, but I haven't checked the source in the past year, so I put that qualifer on it. There are a lot of nitpickers around here, so I tend to be careful in wording what I believe to be true.

GameTheory
08-10-2009, 01:28 AM
I would assume that it's still the same, but I haven't checked the source in the past year, so I put that qualifer on it. There are a lot of nitpickers around here, so I tend to be careful in wording what I believe to be true.Ahh, I misunderstood your meaning -- I thought you were saying they changed it a year ago, but you were just saying "last I checked a year ago"...