PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Thursday

Suff
05-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Few that will run......

Race 3
I am hunching....and somewhat expecting that #2 Silk will take to the grass tommorrow. Horse has shown absolutley nothing. Minus some early foot in two outings. I like this Post for getting him a spot to work with. Has some Superior Grass pedigree , albiet on the wrong side....But still. I Like Samyn up and the spot and the Grade 1 grass pedigree enough to take a small slice

Will be Huge money......

Race 4...

Gonna use a horse I like and have been watching....Plus its an angle that Teeitup turned me onto recently. Toner on the Lawn.

Nobelst #5. I think a few connections will be overbet in this one...and I expect to get more than the ML of 5-1. Notice the 2 for 2 ITM on belmonet lawn and the Lifetime high beyers that come with Both efforts. Good post.

The Finale.

If Doc's Doll Gets in. I'll make a "Sting" bet. I love the Filly.

Sting bet: A wager that if not successful, Stings.

If she don't.

I like Cologny on the cut back, a weaker field and the Jock. And the price...

Calling these three in from work.

WINMANWIN
05-15-2003, 12:39 PM
1st belmont gonna use 2 closers in this affair. Both currently
are 9/2 with 30 min's to post. NEVADA STRIP AND CELERA.
2nd race 2 high priced yearlings 1 is Mikey Gill and John robb
with Rick Wilson aboard steed called SNOW EAGLE. The
other cost almost triple at the sales.Mr Melynk certainly spends big time with Chapel Royal.
3rd race May get a price with this 1st turfer called Genevil.
The 2 to beat I think are LILLY A and Tigers Hoffman.Silk adds shades for this affair, with announced blinkers ON change. she
will be an huge price........

hurrikane
05-15-2003, 12:58 PM
1st BEL

at 9mtp the 4 Threat OF Victory is 6-1. This is plenty for me.
runs well off a fresh rest...prado goes up.

hurrikane
05-15-2003, 01:10 PM
2nd
I like the 4, grand heritage here. I want a big price because Mott is not a FTS trainer. But he has been hot lately and puts up Luzzi.

Should likely put in with the 7 Chapel Royal as Pletcher is a FTS trainer and very dangerous here.

WINMANWIN
05-15-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by hurrikane@HTR
1st BEL

at 9mtp the 4 Threat OF Victory is 6-1. This is plenty for me.
runs well off a fresh rest...prado goes up.

Kane how right you were.I figured a little more zip in race and Threat OF Victory is now 2 for 2 at belmont. Nevada did get 2nd for an O.K. exacta in the opener. In the 3rd at belmont, Im gonna
key 2 steeds that make there turf debuts. Genevil I liked earlier
and am also using the henning 300k bred Slewadora.Possibly
5 to 1 on both are O.k. prices....BTW Jan Rushton paddock
preview, reports The pletcher steed in the 2nd at 3 to 5 here, is the real deal....well see........:eek:

pic6vic
05-15-2003, 02:07 PM
SUFF

silk ran 4th. Sat mid pack made move around far turn to reach contention. Thought we had a shot. then went evenly, lost by about 5 lenghts. Off at 60-1 good thrill.

WINMANWIN
05-15-2003, 02:29 PM
4th at belmont was bomb city as the 2 1st time weed steeds I liked were bet down and offered no real value.The other 2 were 1st time weeds and paid box cars in the exacta.Exacta was over $1,100 buckos.....Hey maiden statebreds will do that at times.:confused:
Gonna invest in the pik 4, and hope for the best
6th artist johanna,maideria mist
7th garnered think this steed is nice horse,maybry's boy,
wonderful prospect. I hope they get crazy on the lead here and set up the closers.
8th sunstone bailey has 2 mounts today, will he have a winner ?
something ventured pletcher factor.must use.
9th here's the tuffy.......need some luck here.
Princess petrizzo adds juice, may be value.she's a sweetheart
adds prado today,polites beauty deniis carr factor:rolleyes:
she will be value post wont hurt going 6 1/2. colongy beaten
fave in last, coa waits around to ride.his last mount is the 5th.
Kiati returns from layoff and has good works.The probable race favorite............

hurrikane
05-15-2003, 03:22 PM
good luck buddy. Hope you pop it.

I'll take a 5-7 in the 6th. and a 2 5 7 triple box.

GR1@HTR
05-15-2003, 03:35 PM
6bel1 should close hard for a piece...

Suff
05-15-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by pic6vic
SUFF

silk ran 4th. Sat mid pack made move around far turn to reach contention. Thought we had a shot. then went evenly, lost by about 5 lenghts. Off at 60-1 good thrill.

Yea.... a tough beat with Cologny in the Finale as well.... I've had a few lately that are Just there...Just a smidge from Being the one.

The issue with Silk....and the way I play the horses,,,(mostly) is that Horse will never again be 60-1.....and You get ONE SHOT...only one to get um when they Pay like the lottery...

Horse gets a 4th on the belmont green at 60-1.....Probably drop in somewhere and we'll be lucky to get 10-1 in next outing.... or go at same level and get bet to 13-1...But still...

I sniffed out a run.....and got a wee bit of what I hoped...

Suff
06-01-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Sufferindowns

The issue with Silk....and the way I play the horses,,,(mostly) is that Horse will never again be 60-1.....and You get ONE SHOT...only one to get um when they Pay like the lottery...

Horse gets a 4th on the belmont green at 60-1.....Probably drop in somewhere and we'll be lucky to get 10-1 in next outing.... or go at same level and get bet to 13-1...But still...

I sniffed out a run.....and got a wee bit of what I hoped...

Vic...... what I tell you? Goes Today in the first. MLO 3-1. Imagine that...? From a 60-1... 4th .....to opening at 3-1. Thier off the turf at NY today. Doubt he'll even go. If he does, He's a toss anyway.