PDA

View Full Version : cost to get elected

lamboguy
07-31-2009, 12:33 PM
HILLARY CLINTON owed $7 million from her failed bid to get nominated, it cost BUSH and OBAMA over $40 million toget elected. the pay for president is $400,000,

the governor of NEW HAMPSHIRE spent$1.4 million to get elected, his pay is $120,000.

why would anyone spend that type of money or get sponsored for that type of money for a lousy paycheck. if you went tothe supermarket and spent $400 fora box of cerial someone who have you commited to insane asylum with good reason. yet these guys spend tons of money just to get elected and so they can lie to you. none of them do what they said they were going to do.

i wanted MCCAIN, i liked the fact that he had some guts, he made a brave choice in his running mate. don't get me wrong, i am not a republican or democrat, i am neither right wing or liberal, i am just a regular guy that wants to be left alone so i can do my thing, like bet horseracing or yell at my friends.

i am getting sick about being regulated. i am pretty healthy, i stay away from the doctors, i don't pop pills, i don't eat that bad and i work out.romney made it mandatory for me to carry health insurance or pay a hefty fine. who the hell does he think he is? worse than that he got the democrats to agree with him.

part of the point i am trying to bring out is that when they take office they all become buddies and steal from you. the party affiliation means nothing. their views on anything mean nothing.

Tom
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
They are all whores and everyone of them is bought and paid for.
None of them represent the people - only the people who own them.
That is bi-partisan.
In the real word, we call it bribery and you go to jail for it.

In politics, they call it out tough luck for allowing this miserable excuse of a government to continue. It is thoroughly corrupt at all levels.

cj's dad
07-31-2009, 08:57 PM
I've said this before - I would love to see the financial statements of ALL reps and senators PRIOR TO BEING ELECTED and their financial statements after being voted out or after retirement.

But then again who retires when they have a job that requires little or no attendance on a daily basis or if you are BO, you can simply vote "present" and no one really cares.

FINANCIAL RECORDS PLEASE !!