PDA

View Full Version : Adios Day - How the Heck Do You Put a Card on Like That

Pacingguy
07-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Tomorrow, is the biggest day of the year at the Meadows for the Adios Stakes. On a 16 race card there is the Adios, two divisions of the Adios Volvo (fillies) and a consolation race for the Adios. The other tweleve races on the card are 2yo pacers (6 for fillies and 6 for colts). How can you have an undercard like that? You would be better filling the rest of the card with middle of the road claimers. Here is an opportunity for a day with a good handle and they are squandering it with twelve two year old races? Amazing.

Ray2000
07-31-2009, 12:27 PM
I never missed an Adios Day from '74 (Armbro Omaha) to '94 (Cam's Card Shark), and once had to fly in from California to get there. I was thinking of going this year (100 mile drive) but after seeing that card,:mad: ...no way, I'll watch it on Twin Spires.

wilderness
07-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Although the card of baby races may not be for handicappers, I believe you'll see remarkable improvement (times) for these PA Bred races due to the infusion of money from the VLT's.

The track is just attempting to provide an undercard which excite their audience.

harcapper
07-31-2009, 12:59 PM
Why is everyones underwear bundled over the 2yr olds racing on Adios Day?

LottaKash
07-31-2009, 01:01 PM
I for one, don't play too many "baby" races, but at least most of the 2's, at least, have a number of starts to go on.....

Well, at least they are "NOT" Trotting races for babies....

Late speed is still the driving force, for me, when doing the "wee ones", as I believe that is their greatest strength at this stage of their development.....

Good luck, with your intentions on this card...we will need it....:jump:

best,