PDA

View Full Version : silly goose racing

lamboguy
07-31-2009, 08:19 AM
one of out board member's onefast who owns sill goose racing stable, has a big day planned for sunday down at the jersey oval by the sea.

he starts off in the 4th race alowance with NET PRESENT VALUE, his next race is race 7 THE NEW JERSEY DERBY where he sends ALGEIBA TO POST for the first time on turf. from there you will find him in the 8th race with a real got shot with the horse D'WILD RIDE.

good luck to him on a big day

onefast99
07-31-2009, 08:40 AM
Thanks lambo, I am looking for a huge effort from Algeiba on the turf. Hopefully the turf will be dried out by Sunday as we have had a lot of rain here. D'wild Ride finally gets an outside post and I don't think Sunday Geisha will like the 6f. See you all there.

Rocklane
07-31-2009, 09:04 AM
Good luck Mr. Onefast. Looks as if it could be a day to remember.

If this question is taboo or too personal, please tell me. Can you tell me why you have employed three different jockeys for Sunday? Admittedly, I do not have a clue how the backstretch works.

Once again, I hope you have a wonderful afternoon.

Bruddah
07-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Good Luck and Good Racing to Silly Goose Stb and OneFast. May they all come home first and safely. :ThmbUp:

Tom Barrister
07-31-2009, 10:10 AM
And I thought this was another NYRA thread.

lamboguy
07-31-2009, 10:47 AM

If this question is taboo or too personal, please tell me. Can you tell me why you have employed three different jockeys for Sunday? Admittedly, I do not have a clue how the backstretch works.

Once again, I hope you have a wonderful afternoon.i might be wrong, but usually what i do is try to stay with the same rider every time the horse runs. in my mind riders that know the horse may not be as good as other riders but they know the horse. sometimes the riders have other comitments in the same race so you will have to look for a different guy.

a good example is that EDGAR PRADO fell into a good thing unfortunately when SHAWN BRIDGEMOHAN injured his collar bone. he now gets to ride steve's horse's, i am not sure what the horses name is, but steve has a 2 yo that looks like the kentycky derby winner and i wonder if EDGAR retained that mount in SARATOGA.

onefast99
07-31-2009, 03:33 PM

Once again, I hope you have a wonderful afternoon.
Marquez is my go to rider. He rides for us at GP. Centeno is also a rider I use. Marquez had another mount in the Net Present race.

cj
07-31-2009, 05:40 PM
The entire card is my Race of the Week (http://www.pacefigures.com) this week...love Haskell day.

Imriledup
08-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Go getem Onefast, good luck!

onefast99
08-01-2009, 08:30 AM
The entire card is my Race of the Week (http://www.pacefigures.com/) this week...love Haskell day.
Thank you!

Rocklane
08-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks Lamboguy and Onefast. Good racing.

onefast99
08-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Go getem Onefast, good luck!
Everyone of the horses in tomorrow is doing great, hopefully Algeiba takes to the turf and if so he will be very competitive in his race. D'wild Ride finally gets the outside post and a speed duel will enable us to sit close to the leaders and then run them down in the stretch. She is training very well. Net present gets the turf for the third time, in the Black Gold at FG the turf was like a sponge he didn't like it, he closed a ton in his latest turf effort and actually Pablo Lopez told Orseno put him on the turf long he will win. I would never guarantee a winner but I feel pretty good about my chances on Haskell Day.

alhattab
08-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Everyone of the horses in tomorrow is doing great, hopefully Algeiba takes to the turf and if so he will be very competitive in his race. D'wild Ride finally gets the outside post and a speed duel will enable us to sit close to the leaders and then run them down in the stretch. She is training very well. Net present gets the turf for the third time, in the Black Gold at FG the turf was like a sponge he didn't like it, he closed a ton in his latest turf effort and actually Pablo Lopez told Orseno put him on the turf long he will win. I would never guarantee a winner but I feel pretty good about my chances on Haskell Day.

Thanks for the updates. All the best to you. Should be a great day- hopefully the rain holds off.

onefast99
08-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the updates. All the best to you. Should be a great day- hopefully the rain holds off.
If it rains the Jersey derby gets switched to dirt and Algeiba should like that especially with a 6 or 7 horse field. As of now the turf course is still pretty soaked.

joanied
08-01-2009, 02:40 PM
onefast........:jump: :jump: best of racing luck...add me to the rooting section:ThmbUp:

onefast99
08-01-2009, 05:15 PM
onefast........:jump: :jump: best of racing luck...add me to the rooting section:ThmbUp:
Thanks Joanied the d'wildcat filly is one good looking girl. She will run a huge race tomorrow. The Lion Heart baby put on a few pounds after he was gelded, I am sure he will be on the front end dirt or turf.

CryingForTheHorses
08-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Marquez is my go to rider. He rides for us at GP. Centeno is also a rider I use. Marquez had another mount in the Net Present race.

Good Luck Brian,Go get them!!..Glad to see Marquez has healed up from his mishap at GP...Tell me Tom and Lisa say hi...He won on Sweetsouthernson for us at GP.

onefast99
08-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Good Luck Brian,Go get them!!..Glad to see Marquez has healed up from his mishap at GP...Tell me Tom and Lisa say hi...He won on Sweetsouthernson for us at GP.
Thanks Tom, the Regret is a 3 horse field now Sunday Geisha and Fearless Leader will battle it out upfront this should set-up perfectly for us. 100k and a 3 horse field go figure!

BUD
08-02-2009, 01:28 PM
I checked my records this morning-A 6 hour job-

Check this fact out!

The First horse I wagered on in Monmouth was NET PRESENT VALUE--Un real.

Now the MS Moment?? Dam? Was Jersey Joe onits back? I believe the wager landed Place & show--I think--Shoulda posted when I had It---But Monmouth for me will be forever tied into that steed.

lamboguy
08-03-2009, 08:51 AM

Check this fact out!

Now the MS Moment?? Dam? Was Jersey Joe onits back? I believe the wager landed Place & show--I think--Shoulda posted when I had It---But Monmouth for me will be forever tied into that steed.i was honered to be in the winners circle with BRIAN and his filly D"WILDCAT RIDE. congradulations on an excellent job developing this horse. she sure took a lot of patience and percerverence. and from one fellow member to another on the pace advantage boared, it was one beautiful thing.
bigtime congrats to you and your family. please do it a few more times

onefast99
08-03-2009, 09:06 AM
i was honered to be in the winners circle with BRIAN and his filly D"WILDCAT RIDE. congradulations on an excellent job developing this horse. she sure took a lot of patience and percerverence. and from one fellow member to another on the pace advantage boared, it was one beautiful thing.
bigtime congrats to you and your family. please do it a few more times
Thanks again Lambo! She ran a nice beyer to boot a 90. Enjoy the BB bobble heads. See you in Saratoga.

Relwob Owner
08-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks again Lambo! She ran a nice beyer to boot a 90. Enjoy the BB bobble heads. See you in Saratoga.

Awesome win and congrats....it is very cool how you share your experiences with the board....continued success!

Mineshaft
08-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Congrats...

Its always nice to win a race but to do it in a stakes race must be special.

lamboguy
08-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Congrats...

Its always nice to win a race but to do it in a stakes race must be special.you have no idea how special!

i couldn't win a maiden race this weekend that i though i was going to win. BRIAN just pulled off a stake win.

alhattab
08-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Congrats Onefast. In part due to your comments, I used your D'wild Ride in the middle pick 4. In what I would say is the most unbelievable price I've ever seen, Actin Good (5-1), all (a race taken off the turf after betting started), D'wild Ride at 5/2 and Fleet Valid at 4-1 in the 9th the $1 pick 4 paid $993. Parlay paid $75 for $1. Incredible- I was very lucky today to catch that.

Good luck the rest of the meet.

onefast99
08-03-2009, 12:47 PM

Check this fact out!

Now the MS Moment?? Dam? Was Jersey Joe onits back? I believe the wager landed Place & show--I think--Shoulda posted when I had It---But Monmouth for me will be forever tied into that steed.
Yes he was the favorite in the nw1x going short, Mannington beat him by a neck.

onefast99
08-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Awesome win and congrats....it is very cool how you share your experiences with the board....continued success!
I always share my experiences with everyone I wish more owners would do that. As we wind down the MP meet we will head to the Meadowlands next and then to GP.

onefast99
08-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Congrats...

Its always nice to win a race but to do it in a stakes race must be special.
Thank you and yes it is always a special event when we win. The 100k is pretty cool also.

lamboguy
08-03-2009, 12:54 PM
I always share my experiences with everyone I wish more owners would do that. As we wind down the MP meet we will head to the Meadowlands next and then to GP.i hardly do because i hardly ever win, it gets embarassing for me when i always run second. you do a good job and win, and you deserve it.

onefast99
08-03-2009, 12:55 PM
you have no idea how special!

i couldn't win a maiden race this weekend that i though i was going to win. BRIAN just pulled off a stake win.
Too bad Algeiba didn't get a break upfront in the Jersey Derby he would of hung on for 2nd. Next time out in the nw1x he will run his best race to date.

onefast99
08-03-2009, 12:56 PM
i hardly do because i hardly ever win, it gets embarassing for me when i always run second. you do a good job and win, and you deserve it.
Once the babies come up from Calder we should be pretty tough at MP towards the end of September.

onefast99
08-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Congrats Onefast. In part due to your comments, I used your D'wild Ride in the middle pick 4. In what I would say is the most unbelievable price I've ever seen, Actin Good (5-1), all (a race taken off the turf after betting started), D'wild Ride at 5/2 and Fleet Valid at 4-1 in the 9th the $1 pick 4 paid $993. Parlay paid $75 for $1. Incredible- I was very lucky today to catch that.

Good luck the rest of the meet.
Thank you. Fleet valid was Kelly Breens fathers horse he deserved a big win one of the nicest people I have ever met. Two years ago before the Lady's Secret at MP he told me to make sure we are near the winners circle(usually the ultimate jinx) as he thought Prop Me Up would win easily, Joe Bravo did a great job riding her that day and yes she won. D'wild Ride was due she had been 2nd in the past three starts and always tries hard, who ever figured a 25k claim would earn over 200k in purse monies!

PaceAdvantage
08-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Congrats on the stakes win onefast (I know I'm late to the party...as usual)...

onefast99
08-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Congrats on the stakes win onefast (I know I'm late to the party...as usual)...
Thank you, the combination of my birthday and the win in the Regret made a great day at the track...I also hit a decent one at Saratoga to break my long losing streak at the windows!!!

jotb
08-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Hello Onefast:

That sure was a great birthday present. Congrats on the stakes victory. I was pulling for Algeiba as always. All in all it was a good effort. That's certainly the spot (nw1x) for Algeiba. I hope to see you in the winners circle with him next out.

Happy birthday,
Joe

Mineshaft
08-04-2009, 10:25 AM
you have no idea how special!

i know the feeling..

onefast99
08-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Hello Onefast:

That sure was a great birthday present. Congrats on the stakes victory. I was pulling for Algeiba as always. All in all it was a good effort. That's certainly the spot (nw1x) for Algeiba. I hope to see you in the winners circle with him next out.

Happy birthday,
Joe
He ran very well never had a chance to settle in Coa thought he was a nice horse and had he had a breather he would of been 2nd.

sarcastic answer
08-04-2009, 02:05 PM
He ran very well never had a chance to settle in Coa thought he was a nice horse and had he had a breather he would of been 2nd.
Maybe, But you dont get breathers in Stakes company!