PDA

View Full Version : It's a little outrageous....is Obama the worst?

JustRalph
07-31-2009, 08:02 AM
I think this article is way overblown..... I predicted he would be the worst thing that could happen to blacks..........I predicted his programs would roll down hill and hurt those at the bottom the most. But this article is too early to tell.............but it does bring up some goofy points...........with maybe a few that will become more valid as time goes on

http://www.esquire.com/features/thousand-words-on-culture/obama-and-race-1009

Nobody wants to hear it, but this fact is too important to ignore: So far, the first African-American presidency has been one of the worst ever for African-Americans. The economic crisis has predominantly hit non-white working class men; the collapse of the auto industry is threatening to destroy the basis of the Midwestern black middle class. Key matters for African-Americans languish — the overincarceration of young black men that makes a mockery of American justice being the number one example. Government aid? That goes to bankers in Connecticut. If the President were white, there would be riots. In this contradictory atmosphere — pregnant with the tension between symbolism and reality — the Henry Louis Gates Jr. scandal has landed with a force out of all proportion to what may or may not have happened in Cambridge. While the bizarre story of his arrest in his own home may seem like an anomaly, it has emerged from a deep national confusion evident everywhere in popular culture. Call it the Obama Discrepancy: Race is much less prominent as a subject while its effects are no less toxic.

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/features/thousand-words-on-culture/obama-and-race-1009#ixzz0Mq06lhPR

Overlay
07-31-2009, 09:28 AM
I've seen articles about how Obama's poll numbers are slipping, but I don't recall having seen those numbers broken out by race. Do the collective opinions of African-Americans themselves about Obama reflect the pessimism of this Caucasian author from Canada?

Tom
07-31-2009, 09:52 AM
Found this one....

http://www.gallup.com/poll/121199/Obama-Weekly-Job-Approval-Demographic-Groups.aspx

lamboguy
07-31-2009, 10:50 AM
i think that GEORGE BUSH jr. and OBAMA are at a dead heat right now for who is the worst of all time. of course if OBAMA finishes his term he might be able to take sole posession of worst ever.

LottaKash
07-31-2009, 11:04 AM
xx

....Now let's :jump: all cheer, Obama, Obama, he's our man, if he can't do it, Satan can...

Hail to the Chief of "Evertything"......:jump:...He is our "ALL"

best,

rastajenk
07-31-2009, 11:35 AM
of course if OBAMA finishes his term he might be able to take sole posession of worst ever.And if he doesn't...? :eek:

lamboguy
07-31-2009, 12:02 PM
And if he doesn't...? :eek:it took bush the full 8 years to send this great country to its knees. i don't know if you can do a worse job in less than 4 years. but i do suppose it is possible.

ddog
07-31-2009, 12:18 PM
the velocity of the rate of decline is the problem.

You are going to see stuff you heard could never happen here within the next 3 years.

bama , bush, mac - no matter now, once you reach terminal velocity you have to hit "a" bottom.

I hope it's not where I think the bottom is at.

I hope in 2-3 years someone will pop this up to the top and deride it as tin hat.

Of course ........... :D

LottaKash
07-31-2009, 12:21 PM
it took bush the full 8 years to send this great country to its knees. i don't know if you can do a worse job in less than 4 years. but i do suppose it is possible.

Lambo, I believe that oSama is the "Finisher"....Only time will tell that, but that is what I believe....I think there is an agenda that most Americans don't see or at least don't want to see, at work, and the current state of the presidency is just the facilitator of that agenda...

I mean, we all see and feel about what is curently going on in this nation, but, most people cannot or will not entertain any notions other than the ones they were raised up on....And, I believe that this deception is working quite well for the "agendists"...

They have the perfect person at the end of the "puppet string", in our current leader, a "pathological narcissist"....Who better to execute these sweeping changes that are overtaking our very lives ?...The guy is living in a "world all his own"....He is innocent in that regard....The "facilitator"....

Let's all have a "beer" and play nice....yeesh

best,

Bison
07-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Lambo, I believe that oSama is the "Finisher"....Only time will tell that, but that is what I believe....I think there is an agenda that most Americans don't see or at least don't want to see, at work, and the current state of the presidency is just the facilitator of that agenda...

I mean, we all see and feel about what is curently going on in this nation, but, most people cannot or will not entertain any notions other than the ones they were raised up on....And, I believe that this deception is working quite well for the "agendists"...

They have the perfect person at the end of the "puppet string", in our current leader, a "pathological narcissist"....Who better to execute these sweeping changes that are overtaking our very lives ?...The guy is living in a "world all his own"....He is innocent in that regard....The "facilitator"....

Let's all have a "beer" and play nice....yeesh

best,

Just curious. What is the agenda? Global Islam???

LottaKash
07-31-2009, 01:03 PM

"Sieg Heil".....(maybe ?)

best,

boxcar
07-31-2009, 01:57 PM

Or one-world global government, perhaps? Maybe he wants the New World Order to finally take center stage.

Boxcar

Black Ruby
07-31-2009, 02:07 PM
You guys should google "bilderberg group" and check out some of the stuff there, see whether you believe it. Prisonplanet's article is especially interesting.

Is it real, or is it Memorex?

dav4463
07-31-2009, 02:07 PM
I see some of you still got your Bush-bashing in. It just doesn't have the sting it once had, does it?

I like Bush. I miss him.

JustRalph
07-31-2009, 03:23 PM
I've seen articles about how Obama's poll numbers are slipping, but I don't recall having seen those numbers broken out by race. Do the collective opinions of African-Americans themselves about Obama reflect the pessimism of this Caucasian author from Canada?

95% approval by blacks? Wow..........

I have spoken to my black friends who supported Obama (yes, I have a few black friends) and one of them is jumping off the wagon already. She even told me how it is going to happen............quote:

" He isn't black, he grew up in a white mans world. He doesn't represent me"

Instant bailout............and very convenient

dartman51
07-31-2009, 03:58 PM
You guys should google "bilderberg group" and check out some of the stuff there, see whether you believe it. Prisonplanet's article is especially interesting.

Is it real, or is it Memorex?

The group IS real.

Marshall Bennett
07-31-2009, 04:26 PM

I imagine the approval rating would to be simular with far-left liberals who wouldn't have anything bad to say about the man short of him butchering one of their loved ones . :)

Overlay
07-31-2009, 04:35 PM
I imagine the approval rating would to be simular with far-left liberals who wouldn't have anything bad to say about the man short of him butchering one of their loved ones . :)

I thought that the President was taking flak from the far left for a combination of not moving quickly enough to completely dismantle Bush's legacy, and falling short of the pace at which they expected him to be able to implement his entire campaign promise agenda, especially with the size of the majorities that he has in Congress.

Overlay
07-31-2009, 04:48 PM

Your post (perhaps with your intent) reminded me of the quote from Act I, Scene 2 of Julius Caesar when Casca is telling Brutus and Cassius about the reaction of some women in the crowd when Caesar asked for the common people's understanding after he suffered an epileptic seizure while speaking to them:

"Three or four wenches, where I stood, cried 'Alas, good
soul!' and forgave him with all their hearts: but
there's no heed to be taken of them; if Caesar had
stabbed their mothers, they would have done no less."

juanepstein
07-31-2009, 05:48 PM

I have spoken to my black friends who supported Obama (yes, I have a few black friends) and one of them is jumping off the wagon already. She even told me how it is going to happen............quote:

" He isn't black, he grew up in a white mans world. He doesn't represent me"

Instant bailout............and very convenient

%95 of blacks knew that OJ was guilty but they were still glad he was found innocent.

juanepstein
07-31-2009, 06:13 PM
PRESIDENT OBAMA: It's not that I want to punish your success. I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance at success, too. I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded.

MICHELLE OBAMA: And Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism, that you put down your division, that you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones, that you push yourselves to be better and that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.

dartman51
07-31-2009, 06:52 PM
PRESIDENT OBAMA: It's not that I want to punish your success. I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance at success, too. I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded.

MICHELLE OBAMA: And Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism, that you put down your division, that you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones, that you push yourselves to be better and that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.

And you haven't even scratched the surface of all the statements that he has made, to tell us exactly what he was going to do to us, yet too many people didn't listen. After all, he IS a LIBERAL, and he IS A BLACK MAN, and we just HAD to be part of HISTORY. This is a part of history I would just as soon skip.

Show Me the Wire
07-31-2009, 07:15 PM
It is more than a little outrageous, http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/2009/07/31/bush-vs-obama-4/

toetoe
07-31-2009, 07:29 PM
%95 of blacks knew that OJ was guilty but they were still glad he was found innocent.

That figure's way high, no ?

kenwoodallpromos
08-01-2009, 05:01 AM
Obama is the worst black president ever.
Obama is the best black president ever.
Obama has been in 6 months.
Problems leading to a bad economy have been around _______.

Tom
08-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Obama is the pneumonia that the Bush cold turned into.
No doubt, he is a complete failure.

A racist beer-swilling, butt-puffing lying, mass murdering serial killer thief.

cj's dad
08-01-2009, 11:32 AM
And you haven't even scratched the surface of all the statements that he has made, to tell us exactly what he was going to do to us, yet too many people didn't listen. After all, he IS a LIBERAL, and he IS A BLACK MAN, and we just HAD to be part of HISTORY. This is a part of history I would just as soon skip.

Be careful Dartman, lest you be labeled a racist for your OPINION.

hcap
08-02-2009, 04:16 AM
Obama is the pneumonia that the Bush cold turned into.
No doubt, he is a complete failure.

A racist beer-swilling, butt-puffing lying, mass murdering serial killer thief.Gee, talk about Bush Derangement Syndrome :lol:

boxcar
08-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Hey, 'cap, talking about Bush, I see that you finally buried your tag line. I bet someone had to convince you that you're a sickie and that you needed to attend Haters Anonymous meetings, go through the 12 steps, etc. Congratulations. You've made some progress.

Now all you gotta do is come up with some positive tag line for your messiah. We conservatives, generally have a good sense of humor and always appreciate having a good laugh.

Boxcar

cj's dad
08-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Hey, 'cap, talking about Bush, I see that you finally buried your tag line. I bet someone had to convince you that you're a sickie and that you needed to attend Haters Anonymous meetings, go through the 12 steps, etc. Congratulations. You've made some progress.

Now all you gotta do is come up with some positive tag line for your messiah. We conservatives, generally have a good sense of humor and always appreciate having a good laugh.

Boxcar

How 'bout "BO stinks" but in a good way !!

Tom
08-02-2009, 06:33 PM
We predicted Carter II...it is happening.

Two Americans held hostage in N Korea for months now, and add now three more in Iran. While the prez and vice swill beer and say stupid things.

Bush called them 2/3 of the Axis of Evil.......pretty good call.
Carter, er, Obama, sober up and free our people.

Marshall Bennett
08-02-2009, 07:04 PM
How 'bout "BO stinks" but in a good way !!
... or " what is it about president Obama that makes you want to ... hang your head over the toilet " ?