PDA

View Full Version : N.H.C. Tournament at Red Rocks....2010

Pete Rose JR
07-31-2009, 01:28 AM
Have any posters qualified for the final of this tournament, supposed o be a 1,000,000 prize pool....?

andymays
07-31-2009, 06:04 AM
Have any posters qualified for the final of this tournament, supposed o be a 1,000,000 prize pool....?

I know I haven't qualified but welcome to the board. There are a lot of sharp Handicappers on this board so it wouldn't surprize me if some have. Still some time left to make it though.

Bobzilla
07-31-2009, 06:34 AM

Board member JimG qualified for the NHC 2010 this past weekend with a 3rd place finish at Colonial. What's really impressive is that this was the second year in a row Jim finished "on the board" at Colonial. I've seen 2008 NHC Champion Richard Goodall post here on a few occasions and he's already qualified for next year's tournament. I know of at least several others here who have qualified in the past including myself. I think OTM Al has been before and I know Tejas Kidd has been many times.

Immanuel Kant
07-31-2009, 08:32 AM
I believe poster Donnie has qualified. Many of us are trying...once you've been to the big dance, you're hooked trying to get back

bdownes
07-31-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm not as active as alot of u on here posting but I did qualify this year on xpressbet. This will be my 5th time to Vegas. Besides xpressbet, I have qualified over the years at Hoosier Park, Prairie Meadows, Turfway, and NHC Qualify.

OTM Al
07-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Yes, I did go a couple years back and had a blast even though I didn't do that good (I knew I was dead when Aqu was closed the first day due to weather and I hadn't been able to see any Gulfstream yet because there had been some dispute or another). Took advantage of the free beers on day 2 though, so that made it all better! Haven't come close since, but I don't play too often.

Pete Rose JR
08-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks for all of your reply's and welcomes to the board.

I qualified this year through www.nhcqualify.com. It was my goal to make the NHC tourney by my 30th BDAY...

It worked out well as I played only one entry the first week, qualified, played entry in the next week, qualified. It worked out well as it gave me two entries for the final weekend tourney. I ended up finishing 7 out of 9 and won a spot to vegas....(total cost $200.00)

Its hard to determine if there has been a time when I have been more excited about something.

2009 has been a banner year with horses as I m up about $22,000 on harness/thoroughbred and hoping to show well at NHC tourney.

I think there is only a few of us Canadians that have qualified..

I am very interested in hearing anyones experiences or comments about the tourney...any information or suggestions is greatly appreciated...

Have a look at BENESTAR today at Woodbine. If 3-1 or more is available, it is worth a bet.

:15:

Donnie
08-03-2009, 04:26 PM
First, you WILL have a fantastic time there!! It is a great experience!! My wife qualified a few years back (I gave her the choice when I couldn't seperate 2 horses and hers won, mine came in 2nd!). Like you Frank, I have been jazzed since Feb when I won the Fountain of Youth Qualifier for free online under the name "HTR Rocks!"

Second, if you want to do some research on the Tournament, go over to the HTR website and look thru some of the past newsletters. Ken (Massa) always outlines strategies going into those big Finales in the Nov and Dec newsletters. Although there is some slant using the HTR product, there is also some very solid advice towards playing one of these properly. Also, if you use the search feature you will find plenty on that site throughout the threads discussing tournament strategies.

Congrats on your qualification, Frank!! I would encourage every one to try to qualify for the positions left on the table! It trully is a great time!! And if you have a little luck on your side those 2 days, you may just fly home with $500,000 in your pocket!

And congrats to all the others who have already qualified!! That, in and of itself, is a nice achievement!

cato
08-04-2009, 02:19 AM
Hmm. I'm the Frank P that qualified on June 27 finishing 7th out of 9 so I hope no one's climing my slot! I assume Pete Rose Jr qualified at some other time or maybe he's the Canadian who finished 2d.

In any event I am pretty damn excited to have qualified and am looking forward to the tourney...hoping for much luck in january.

I belive that Jim G has also qualified.

Congrats to all who have qualified and all that will be between now and then!

Cheers, Cato.

Donnie
08-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Sorry Cato! I simply went out and counted down to the 7th place for the June NHC Qualifier! I ended up finishing 7 out of 9 and won a spot to vegas....(total cost $200.00)

My bad! BUT, Congrats anyway!! Best of luck in Vegas in January!!

Pete Rose JR
08-04-2009, 12:57 PM
I m abit confused in this thread....lol

Congrats to everyone that has qualified and best of luck to those who are trying to qualify.

I finished 7th through NHC QUALIFY, thus winning aberth to the big tourney in January. I was short on cash at the time and could only buy one entry for the qualifiers..It worked out as I won with both entries, then finshed 7th in the final weekend in April.....

I m very excited and look forward to meeting you guys in Vegas...

http://www.nhcqualify.com/myresults.aspx?ccid=2419&cid=89&ticket=2

Donnie
08-04-2009, 01:26 PM
sorry Brad...my fault for the confusion! I assumed you qualified in June, and not April!

http://www.nhcqualify.com/winners.aspx?cid=89

Also, looks like another from Canada qualified just below you! I'll look you up while at the Red Rock!

Pete Rose JR
08-06-2009, 02:23 PM
lol..no worries..

I look forward to meeting you guys down there....Its a great accomplishment, congrats...

boomman
08-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Congratulations to my good friend Ed Briggs who just qualified at Del Mar!:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

From the NTRA site:

08/01/0908/02/095Del Mar (http://www.dmtc.com/season/events/index.php?id=36)Chris Bahr
(chris@dmtc.com)858-792-4294Don Beardsworth
Corey Johnsen
Mickey Seagle
Ed Briggs
Mark Streiff

Bobzilla
08-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Looks like I'll be seeing you guys out there this January, just finished 2nd in today's NHC Qualify.com. Looking forward to meeting you guys and best of luck to all of you.

JimG
08-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Looks like I'll be seeing you guys out there this January, just finished 2nd in today's NHC Qualify.com. Looking forward to meeting you guys and best of luck to all of you.

Congratulations Bobzilla! Nice work.

Jim

Donnie
08-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Nice job Robert!! Congrats!

Pete Rose JR
08-14-2009, 03:29 AM
nice...congrats...see ya there...