PDA

View Full Version : who do you like in the haskell

bisket
07-30-2009, 09:52 PM
i like to predict how a race will run. this is how i see the haskell this sunday. from gate to the far turn munnings will be leading with rachel running along second. in just about every race munnings has run 22 and change for the first 2 quarters. so his 1/2 mile time will be in the neighborhood of 45. i see rachel no less than 2 lengths off munnings. atomic rain, papa clem, and duke of mischief will all be about 5 lengths behind rachel for that first 1/2 mile. all three have 24 second first two 1/4's. i think they'll be a little closer than that. i don't see them letting rachel get to far ahead of them. i see 47 second 1/2 for those three. summer bird will be another length or two behind papa, atomic, and duke. heading to the 3/4's mark i see munnings and rachel in the same places, and the other 3 and summer start to pick it up. maybe gaining a couple lengths. at the mile mark i see rachel right at minnungs throat and duke 2 lengths in front of papa and atomic. during the stretch rachel spurts free and get a 3 length cushion, and munnings fades. duke of mischief maintains his rally and cuts rachel's lead by a length and finishes second 2 lengths back. why do i think this. after 1/2 mile mischief ran his next 1/4 in 23 and change while papa and atmoic have been more one paced in all there races. michief ran his last 2 1/2 furs in the iowa derby in 29 seconds. so he ran the last 4 1/2 furs in 52 3/5 seconds in the iowa derby. a full 1 2/5 seconds below 12 second furlongs :ThmbUp: no other horse in the race has ran within 6 lengths of this last time for the end of the race. so past the 3/4's mark mischief is 6 lengths better than the others. he just ran his best race last out, and has been working forwardly in the mornings. he's second and if his odds are better than 5-1 worth a win wager. i see papa outlasting a closing summer bird for third, and atomic fading along with munnings to bring up the rear.
so the play is
10$ straight trifecta
1st 6 rachel alex
2nd 1 duke of mischief
3rd 3 pap clem
if duke's odds are greater than 5-1 we'll put 5$ on his nose, and we may entertain boxing him and rachel in the first two spots in the tri and papa single in the third spot. i'll decide close to race time on that. what does everyone else think. i've arrived at this conclusion just by looking at the times for each horse in every previous race they've been in. in duke of mischief is in the form of his life and will suprise in this race :ThmbUp:

fmolf
07-30-2009, 10:19 PM
i like to predict how a race will run. this is how i see the haskell this sunday. from gate to the far turn munnings will be leading with rachel running along second. in just about every race munnings has run 22 and change for the first 2 quarters. so his 1/2 mile time will be in the neighborhood of 45. i see rachel no less than 2 lengths off munnings. atomic rain, papa clem, and duke of mischief will all be about 5 lengths behind rachel for that first 1/2 mile. all three have 24 second first two 1/4's. i think they'll be a little closer than that. i don't see them letting rachel get to far ahead of them. i see 47 second 1/2 for those three. summer bird will be another length or two behind papa, atomic, and duke. heading to the 3/4's mark i see munnings and rachel in the same places, and the other 3 and summer start to pick it up. maybe gaining a couple lengths. at the mile mark i see rachel right at minnungs throat and duke 2 lengths in front of papa and atomic. during the stretch rachel spurts free and get a 3 length cushion, and munnings fades. duke of mischief maintains his rally and cuts rachel's lead by a length and finishes second 2 lengths back. why do i think this. after 1/2 mile mischief ran his next 1/4 in 23 and change while papa and atmoic have been more one paced in all there races. michief ran his last 2 1/2 furs in the iowa derby in 29 seconds. so he ran the last 4 1/2 furs in 52 3/5 seconds in the iowa derby. a full 1 2/5 seconds below 12 second furlongs :ThmbUp: no other horse in the race has ran within 6 lengths of this last time for the end of the race. so past the 3/4's mark mischief is 6 lengths better than the others. he just ran his best race last out, and has been working forwardly in the mornings. he's second and if his odds are better than 5-1 worth a win wager. i see papa outlasting a closing summer bird for third, and atomic fading along with munnings to bring up the rear.
so the play is
10$ straight trifecta
1st 6 rachel alex
2nd 1 duke of mischief
3rd 3 pap clem
if duke's odds are greater than 5-1 we'll put 5$ on his nose, and we may entertain boxing him and rachel in the first two spots in the tri and papa single in the third spot. i'll decide close to race time on that. what does everyone else think. i've arrived at this conclusion just by looking at the times for each horse in every previous race they've been in. in duke of mischief is in the form of his life and will suprise in this race :ThmbUp:i see summer bird getting up in the shadow of the wire with rachel or papa second.

RockHardTen1985
07-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Summer Bird is up against it not just for the win but to even hit the board.

Over this surface at this distance Munnings is dangerous.

RockHardTen1985
07-30-2009, 10:59 PM
so the play is
10$ straight trifecta
1st 6 rachel alex
2nd 1 duke of mischief
3rd 3 pap clem
if duke's odds are greater than 5-1 we'll put 5$ on his nose, and we may entertain boxing him and rachel in the first two spots in the tri and papa single in the third spot. i'll decide close to race time on that. what does everyone else think. i've arrived at this conclusion just by looking at the times for each horse in every previous race they've been in. in duke of mischief is in the form of his life and will suprise in this race :ThmbUp:

Who is we ? :confused:

Bruddah
07-30-2009, 11:29 PM
i see summer bird getting up in the shadow of the wire with rachel or papa second.

I also think it will be close between Rachel and Snowbird, with Rachel winning.

kenwoodallpromos
07-31-2009, 01:40 AM
Pap Clem is due!!

Zenyatta To Crush
07-31-2009, 03:14 AM
so the play is
10$ straight trifecta
1st 6 rachel alex
2nd 1 duke of mischief
3rd 3 pap clem
I like the Duke also. I actually got to see him in person for the Iowa Derby. Nice looking horse. Rachel will be getting most of the attention at the windows with Munnings and Summer Bird going off at about the same price. You might get around 15-1 on Duke of Mischief if thats good enough for you. I can't see Rachel going off higher than 4/5. I also can't see her losing.

Predicition: Munnings sets pace, Rachel sits only 1 or 2 lengths off. 1st quarter in 23.82. The half in 47.80. 6 furlongs in 1:11.56. Rachel starts to breathe down Munnings neck as they round the far turn. Rachel takes command running a mile in 1:36.10. She opens up with urging from Calvin, then coasts under the wire with Calvin patting her on the back and pointing to the crowd in 1:48.32. The final margin was 7 lengths. Summer Bird grabs second. Close for third between Munnings and Duke of Mischief.

bisket
07-31-2009, 07:31 PM
servis has two in this one, but both aren't prepared quite yet to have their picture taken. lumpy proof has been running in open competition in philly, but this is first off a 1 1/2 year layoff and all his works are light breezes i'll pass. the 5 beacon beach is quite the gentleman and likes to play follow the leader; he's a single in the second spot. i think the 6 clear faith has the looks of a winner. i think he just couldn't stay with the winner in his last race. i'll place him and ryersons 4 tough jolter in the one spot. i think the 8 colonial legacy likes to run a nice even race, and has shot at improving off his win in the last race, we'll put him in the third spot. he has the looks of a horse who might like a route. so the only play in this race will be
1$ tri wheel
1,4/5/1,4,8
if i see some odds on either 6 clear faith or 4 tough jolter we'll entertain a bet on their nose. amount depends on the odds.

bisket
07-31-2009, 07:33 PM
I like the Duke also. I actually got to see him in person for the Iowa Derby. Nice looking horse. Rachel will be getting most of the attention at the windows with Munnings and Summer Bird going off at about the same price. You might get around 15-1 on Duke of Mischief if thats good enough for you. I can't see Rachel going off higher than 4/5. I also can't see her losing.

Predicition: Munnings sets pace, Rachel sits only 1 or 2 lengths off. 1st quarter in 23.82. The half in 47.80. 6 furlongs in 1:11.56. Rachel starts to breathe down Munnings neck as they round the far turn. Rachel takes command running a mile in 1:36.10. She opens up with urging from Calvin, then coasts under the wire with Calvin patting her on the back and pointing to the crowd in 1:48.32. The final margin was 7 lengths. Summer Bird grabs second. Close for third between Munnings and Duke of Mischief.
da bisket will be doing jumping jacks if i get 15-1 on mischief :ThmbUp:

bisket
07-31-2009, 07:48 PM
servis has two in this one, but both aren't prepared quite yet to have their picture taken. lumpy proof has been running in open competition in philly, but this is first off a 1 1/2 year layoff and all his works are light breezes i'll pass. the 5 beacon beach is quite the gentleman and likes to play follow the leader; he's a single in the second spot. i think the 6 clear faith has the looks of a winner. i think he just couldn't stay with the winner in his last race. i'll place him and ryersons 4 tough jolter in the one spot. i think the 8 colonial legacy likes to run a nice even race, and has shot at improving off his win in the last race, we'll put him in the third spot. he has the looks of a horse who might like a route. so the only play in this race will be
1$ tri wheel
1,4/5/1,4,8
if i see some odds on either 6 clear faith or 4 tough jolter we'll entertain a bet on their nose. amount depends on the odds.
race 1 haskell undercard
made a mistake in posting this. i like 4 tough jolter, 7 brandy for three, and 8 colonial legacy for 3rd in this race. clear faith is a single in the 1 spot. so heres the 2$ tri wheel
6/5/4,7,8

NY BRED
07-31-2009, 08:04 PM
an improving Munning can make this race miserable for the filly
setting up perfectly for the Belmont winner,Summer Bird .

On the other hand, I feel Rachel's last race might allow a change in
tactics if Munnings and Papa Clem leave early allowing her to lay off the
pace, and then a great Stretch run with RA and SB

Biggest spin will be the surface and track condition.

Good luck to all!!

bisket
07-31-2009, 09:10 PM
there are 3 here that catch your eye in this one. 1 unbridled ghost, 3 san valentino, and 3 frame of referance. frame is proof positive that pletcher would make a good claiming trainer. how does a 750k yearling purchase run for a 20k tag at deleware and not get get claimed. well pletcher used that race to qualify for the conditions of the starter allowance at monmouth, and frame goes off at 14-1 :eek: i wish i was playing that card. although frame has had back to back big efforts and i think he falls off the cliff here form wise. i'm gonna look elsewhere for my winner. two others come to mind the 1 ghost looks very classy and fast. i think he's ready to win right off the bench. the other i feel could run a big race is 8 awsome preacher. he ran a good race two back. we'll draw a line through his last effort at churchill. i like his regular work schedule and i think he could even possibly get up to win. the play here is a tri box
1 unbridled ghost
4 frame of referance
8 awesome preacher
the 3 san valentino has the best beyer of this group, but i'm suspicious he's coming off an injury. by the comment in the pps it apears he had a rough race at gulfstream in april. i wonder if he was injured because he's had nothing but real light works since he's been back in training. so i'm gonna pass on him.

andymays
07-31-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm gonna take a shot with Duke of Mischief. I'll put him in first and second for the Tri's and Supers.

:1: :4:
:1: :2: :4: :6:

RockHardTen1985
08-01-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm gonna take a shot with Duke of Mischief. I'll put him in first and second for the Tri's and Supers.

:1: :4:

Rachel is a super horse...
Im going to try to beat her, but I dont think this is to place to go for some crazy bomb. On this track Munnings is the only one who can beat her.

Zenyatta To Crush
08-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Rachel is a super horse...
Im going to try to beat her, but I dont think this is to place to go for some crazy bomb. On this track Munnings is the only one who can beat her.
I know Monmouth is a speed favoring track but Munnings is gonna need a ton of luck to win this race, and in my opinion, he isn't worth betting. I was actually really high on Munnings for his last race, but wasn't as pleased as others with the result. He had a rail skimming perfect ride and still couldn't really pull away from Riley Tucker down the stretch. Riley Tucker just came back to get very tired in a weaker stakes race. Munnings just looks like a sprinter when you watch him run and having Speightstown as your sire doesn't help either. He is obviously a talented horse, but I don't think he could win on the most speed favoring track in the world against these.

He basically needs Rachel to either get injured, or have the worst possible trip. You know Summer Bird will be making up ground down the stretch and I doubt Munnings can hold him off either. Duke of Mischief might be close to him at the end too. I'm sorry but he'd have to be 15-1 for me to bet him, and there's no possible way that happens.

My advice is not to try and beat Rachel. Just enjoy it. Unless of course you know who's finishing second, then I suggest betting that exacta hard. If she somehow loses with no excuses, I may have to quit handicapping...weirder things happened I guess.

bisket
08-01-2009, 07:44 PM
couple thoughts from todays races. wva derby makes mischief look better. it may have been better for my pocket if soul warrior finished second ;)

bisket
08-01-2009, 09:07 PM
races 2 and 4 i'll have tomorrow when the scratches are posted. they are full fields and i just think they'll change enought to waste time looking at them now.
race 5
theres many in here who i think are capable of winning, but for some reason leave me feeling not today. this is the type of race to stay disciplined and not to try and buy a win. throw your usual amount off darts to try and hit the target. its easy to win when in a 9 horse field you throw 7 darts. post position plays a big part of a race at this distance at monmouth. the horse i like the most jersey town got stuck with an outside post; if he's much the best i'd take the plunge, but the 2 hello lover is just as good. so we'll single the 1 hello lover in the 1 spot and put the 8 jersey town in the 2 spot. theres a few that i think may get up for a share. they would be the 3 billysbenormal the 6 east end tap 7 manmythlegend 10 jacoby's run. so heres the play
if the odds are long enough for an exacta box we'll box 2 hello lover and 8 jersey town. if not a 1$ tri wheel will be the play
2/8/3,6,7,10

bisket
08-01-2009, 09:59 PM
many of these like to run a similar opening 6 furs; so this race will come down to whoever has the best kick the last 2 -3 furs. well acting zippy is a few lengths better than this crowd. i think chirac falls off the cliff form wise so i'm gonna keep him out of the exotics or possibly put him in the 3 spot. the 5 actin good apears to be ready to run a big one. we'll box those two in an exacta. i'll wait to see the odds before deciding to do that or wheel a tri with those two boxed 1 and 2 with 1 ,2, 3 in the three spot
1$ tri
7,5/7,5/1,2,3

bisket
08-01-2009, 11:36 PM
will post 7 tomorrow
first we'll start out with who we eliminated. i put a line through any horse in a stakes that didn't work within 14 days after his last race 1 sunday giesha, 4 fearless leader, and the 6 dwild ride fit this profile. 2 distorted passion will run in the neighborhood of an 80 beyer no thanks. the play is 5$ win on 8 extra sexy pleasure.

cj's dad
08-01-2009, 11:46 PM
You can go to the "selections" section in the "forum" to post your picks.

Cratos
08-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Rachel Alexandra has been referred to as a super filly, the best ever, or the best filly over the last x-number of years.

Whatever the characterization, she is a damn good filly and one of the best these eyes have ever seen.

But the accolades will stop there because I believe she will be defeated in the Haskell at Monmouth Park on August 2nd.

Why do I think or believe this? The primary reason is “work.” In her last 6 races there wasn’t a horse in the race that could make her work and the race was over at the top of the stretch in each of those races.

However the Haskell should be different if all of the pre-race entrants run. The key speed horse in the race that should make Rachel “work” early is Munnings who has average 1:08.83 for the 6 furlongs in his last three races. When Munnings falters, either Atomic Rain or Duke of Mischief should pick up the pace and keep the lively goings until the eighth pole.

However Rachel has faced a fast 6 furlong time before as she did in the Mother Goose when she negotiated a 6 furlong time in 1:08.86 and drew off to win the race by nearly 20 lengths in a splendid time of 1:46.33 for the 1-1/8 miles (same as the Haskell)

But she didn’t have the cavalry charge of Papa Clem and Summer Bird coming after her which should insert its impact in the final eighth mile on a weary legged filly.

The winner is a tough call because each has beaten the other, but I will give the edge to Papa Clem because I think he will be closer to the front-runners and Summer Bird might not have enough ground to launch his late kick.

bisket
08-02-2009, 12:26 AM
rachel was content sitting off the other two fillies fast opening 3/4 in the mother goose. i don't see her getting in a speed dual tomorrow. although this is racing and anything can happen, but she showed in the goose she'll rate.

bisket
08-02-2009, 08:57 AM
rain :mad: alot of these picks will change. we'll play it by ear. :bang:

bisket
08-02-2009, 09:29 AM
in sprints if i see a horse who looks hot i tend to go with that horse more often than in routes. theres two here who look hot. 5 fleet valid and 6 timely advice. looks like valid has returned to the form he once displayed while in trombetta's barn. just watched his last race, and he ran a 105 beyer like it was a walk in the park. he'll hold that form. although one thing i don't like is he didn't for 2 1/2 weeks after last race, but thats the schedule he was on prior to that race. if it works don't fix it!! timely advice just needs dirt. both have good previous form on a wet track; so these choices are rain proof!!
5$ ex box
5 fleet valid
6 timely advice
win bets ono one or both if odds make it a worthwhile wager.
this may be the race i hit hard. lets see how things develope today. both in great form and like the mud :ThmbUp:

bisket
08-02-2009, 09:52 AM
looks as if the course will soft. two like this going. usually on a turf course like this the horse with the last run wins. two have displayed this ability and have won or was closing quickly and just missed. the 6 closeout and 9 areige.
2$ exacta box on those two.

bisket
08-02-2009, 10:09 AM
will wait for scratches but don't overlook 1 my main star!!

bisket
08-02-2009, 10:23 AM
8 jasmoine gardens is in the form of his life, andf i see no reason he won't win here. i like the 1 my main star to get up for for second. we'll box that exacta.
2$ ex box
1 my main star
8 jasmine gardens

statepierback
08-02-2009, 10:29 AM
On a wet surface I love the filly and will take a short price.

bisket
08-02-2009, 10:35 AM
i think proudinsky is ready for one of his better efforts today. he's in the 1 spot. 6 radical sabbatical i think may run lifetime best here. we'll box those 2 in 1 and 2 spots. 3 pleasant strike, 4 tizdejavue, 5 kiss the kid will occupy the 3 spot
the play
6,7/6,7/3,4,5

bisket
08-02-2009, 10:47 AM
i like eddie brooms horse here. no works and two races with improving form. his best race was on a good track. just a win bet on him
3$ win
8 our girl friday

Canarsie
08-02-2009, 10:48 AM
rain :mad: alot of these picks will change. we'll play it by ear. :bang:

I live 20 minutes north of Monmouth and it briefly rained here this morning. It really was just a sprinkle for around 20 minutes tops. The radar doesn't look good and there is a flash flood watch where I live for today and tonight.

My friend offered me a seat to go today but my poor back won't allow it with that crowd. :bang: There will be probably lots of value as novices will bet horses with the highest byers look for some nice prices.

bisket
08-02-2009, 11:02 AM
boy this is a tough one. i like the 5 libor rate and 12 madame bling. we'll box that exacta. i got a feeling theres a couple of slow ones that'll get alot of play in this
2$ex box
5 libor rate
12 madame bling

onefast99
08-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Pap Clem is due!!
For what more of Stute's excuses? Please. Rachel in a thriller.

bisket
08-02-2009, 11:40 AM
theres 3 i like in thois one.1 mask and wig. 3 race win streak and improving performances. 9 street move i think he drew a better group last out than thius crowd. 12 all together. i think at the very least he'll repeat last twp performances. which will put him right there in the middle of it in the stretch. any improvement and he's getting his picture taken.
1$ tri box
1 mask and wig
9 street move
12 all together

bisket
08-02-2009, 11:43 AM
i like 1 horse here. dubai review improved in last two at this distance.
5$ win
7 dubai review

Imriledup
08-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Multiple races at Monmouth where Jockeys falling off horses, that has to concern the RA connections.

bisket
08-02-2009, 04:19 PM
i already hit a trifecta, exacta, and win bet all in the 6th race :jump: . i'm up for the day and probably for the remainder of the year. i hit the tri and exacta in the blue grass earlier this year that yielded 750$ that with today i'll really have to hit a major losing streak to get in the red this year.
heres my play for the haskell
5$ win
1 duke of misckief
2$ tri wheel
1,6/1,6/2,3

toetoe
08-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Impressive. :eek: .

bisket
08-02-2009, 06:23 PM
2/5 of a second off the track record in the slop. she's the best out there this year.

jballscalls
08-02-2009, 06:29 PM
2/5 of a second off the track record in the slop. she's the best out there this year.

yeah she's pretty damn good LOL

depalma113
08-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Rachel Alexandra has been referred to as a super filly, the best ever, or the best filly over the last x-number of years.

Whatever the characterization, she is a damn good filly and one of the best these eyes have ever seen.

But the accolades will stop there because I believe she will be defeated in the Haskell at Monmouth Park on August 2nd.

Why do I think or believe this? The primary reason is “work.” In her last 6 races there wasn’t a horse in the race that could make her work and the race was over at the top of the stretch in each of those races.

However the Haskell should be different if all of the pre-race entrants run. The key speed horse in the race that should make Rachel “work” early is Munnings who has average 1:08.83 for the 6 furlongs in his last three races. When Munnings falters, either Atomic Rain or Duke of Mischief should pick up the pace and keep the lively goings until the eighth pole.

However Rachel has faced a fast 6 furlong time before as she did in the Mother Goose when she negotiated a 6 furlong time in 1:08.86 and drew off to win the race by nearly 20 lengths in a splendid time of 1:46.33 for the 1-1/8 miles (same as the Haskell)

But she didn’t have the cavalry charge of Papa Clem and Summer Bird coming after her which should insert its impact in the final eighth mile on a weary legged filly.

The winner is a tough call because each has beaten the other, but I will give the edge to Papa Clem because I think he will be closer to the front-runners and Summer Bird might not have enough ground to launch his late kick.

Stop being the contrarian and just enjoy this horse.