PDA

View Full Version : Mohawk 7-30, 2 Selections

OffNPacing
07-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Here are my thoughts on 2 races for this evening at Mohawk. 1 is my Best Bet, the other is my Longshot Special.

BEST BET

Race 3

9 Delcrest Sonny

Set fast fractions of 28.1, 58.4, 1:28.4, before tiring in late stretch to finish 2nd at this class. The 1:57.2 mile was impressive for this gelding. This race is full of breakers, and troubled horses. Any horse that can get a comfortable lead could sit safely in front of all the breakers. Conditioning has been an issue in this 3 Year Olds case, but if the fractions could be slowed down once again, we could have a solid winner at a good price.

LONGSHOT SPECIAL

Race 1

4 Raddicchio

Mario Baillargeon drives for the first time on this 3 YO Trotter. Frank Antonacci has been training, but was recently shipped to Benoit Baillargeon. 3 Weeks in the new barn without a race shows a possible improvement? Racing against 2 YO's here. Breaking has been an issue, but if the colt doesn't break, the times are outstanding. 1:58.3 in a Qual at the Big M last out with the trainer, Antonacci in the bike. There really only looks to be 1 solid 3 YO in this race, the probable favorite, and he is a straight closer. Closing favorite in a weak race like this with many breakers, a def. Pass on that 1. Good shot at 12/1 M/L, with likely odds at Post Time of 30-1 or more. If he doesn't break, we could have a very nice hit.

Good Luck!