PDA

View Full Version : Will this weekends big races be aired on cable TV?

FlyinLate
07-30-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm going to be on vacation with no TVG/HRTV and little to no computer access. I remember last year some made the aire.

Looking for the Jim Dandy, WV Derby, and Sunday's Haskell.

OTM Al
07-30-2009, 01:14 PM
WV Derby on Fox Sports Net. Not sure if MSG+ Starts this saturday for Jim Dandy. May be SOL on the Haskell which I find surprising.

slew101
07-30-2009, 02:20 PM
TVG has exclusive rights to the TV coverage of the Haskell. I think that was part of the deal when they started airing Monmouth. ESPN had always covered the Haskell for many years.

WV Derby on Fox Sports Net. Not sure if MSG+ Starts this saturday for Jim Dandy. May be SOL on the Haskell which I find surprising.

FlyinLate
07-30-2009, 02:49 PM
TVG has exclusive rights to the TV coverage of the Haskell. I think that was part of the deal when they started airing Monmouth. ESPN had always covered the Haskell for many years.

Just another reason to hate TVG.
That's the only one I really NEED to see.

Zenyatta To Crush
07-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Yet another reason why horse racing fans remain low. It is so frusturating that the 2 main stars of our sport, Rachel and Zenyatta, never get on national tv. All this contract stuff with networks makes me sick. Who the hell cares if its on TVG? Most people that watch it on TVG probably have ways of watching it online. How long will it take for horse racing to expand their audience? Probably won't ever happen. Instead, viewers got to watch the Colonial Turf Cup on CBS. I'm sure that drew HUGE ratings and many more fans.

rjorio
07-30-2009, 03:09 PM
MSG+ will televise the Dianna and Jim Dandy 5-6 on sat. Go to the NYRA web site for a full summer schedule.

JimG
07-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Just another reason to hate TVG.
That's the only one I really NEED to see.

Exclusives on sporting events to certain tv stations has been around forever. Rather than "hating" TVG, hate your local cable company that does not carry the channel. And an even better idea is to call and write your cable company to request the channel.