PDA

View Full Version : You see, I'm not all negative with TVG

cees with dees
07-30-2009, 12:53 PM
I thought Paul Lo Duca did a fine job with Saratoga yesterday.
He was professional, picked a couple of nice winners with good reasoning and Christina was actually a good compliment for him.
I figure if I'm going to complain where necessary, have to give credit where necessary as well. It's only fair.
Ben

MickJ26
07-31-2009, 09:03 AM
I like Paulie Dukes.
Apparently he's a better handicapper than he was a baseball player.
Tell me the Mets couldn't use him with the stiff parade they've had at catcher.

rokitman
07-31-2009, 09:13 AM
Anybody with a personality as sweet as Christina's can read the phone book to me, and I'll like it. HRTV needs to hire her away at any cost. It's gotten to be a dire emergency over there. If they don't get Jon White and Joanne Jones off there soon I am going to have to shoot down their satellite from my private space shuttle. And how the hell did Laffit Pincay produce someone who speaks like a carnival barker? That's even more mysterious than that Horseplayersbet website.

ryesteve
07-31-2009, 09:36 AM
Tell me the Mets couldn't use him with the stiff parade they've had at catcher.Smart move, criticizing the one position where they've had much better-than-expected production. See how many teams have a catching corps that match up to the aggregate stats of Schneider/Santos/Castro (when he was here). You're not going to find too many.

DeanT
07-31-2009, 10:12 AM
my private space shuttle.

Cool :cool:

If you are from Arizona you can bet horses over the interweb with that.

Because of your name and avatar I am about 95% sure you are not BS'ing us.

MickJ26
07-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Smart move, criticizing the one position where they've had much better-than-expected production. See how many teams have a catching corps that match up to the aggregate stats of Schneider/Santos/Castro (when he was here). You're not going to find too many.

Santos may be the best of the bunch, which isn't saying much. At least LoDuca was a consistent .300 hitter and could handle a pitching staff.
LoDoca throws out winners better than he did baserunners. I like his analysis and I hope they make him a regular on air talent.

ryesteve
07-31-2009, 10:28 AM
At least LoDuca was a consistent .300 hitterDoing it twice in 11 seasons doesn't really make him a consistent .300 hitter.

Do you want to answer my question now? If you're going to knock them, tell me how many other teams have a catching corps that can match their production.

MickJ26
07-31-2009, 11:58 AM
Doing it twice in 11 seasons doesn't really make him a consistent .300 hitter.

Do you want to answer my question now? If you're going to knock them, tell me how many other teams have a catching corps that can match their production.

I don't know and I don't care. Steve, if you're happy with a bunch of guys who hit .250 and hit the occasional homer, then baseball's in a sorry state. My point was LoDuca compared to whatever stiff is crouching behind the plate now for the Mets, not the rest of the league. I'd still rather have LoDuca, even a couple of years removed from the Majors.

ryesteve
07-31-2009, 12:11 PM
I don't know and I don't care.That's complete nonsense. If you don't like them, you've got to tell me where you're going to get anything better... if your idea of "something better" is a 37 year old retiree who hit .240 with zero homeruns when he had to give up the juice, you're living in a fantasy world.

rokitman
07-31-2009, 12:24 PM
I am about 5% sure that you are not BSing me :cool:

It is gahdamn cold when I roll the window down but-because I like you-I am going to squirt the DISH satellite with my water pistol just as the Haskell goes off. Just to make you smile, my friend. I will have to get very, very close or the water will freeze before it hits so if you hear a bump, that's me. :ThmbUp:

MickJ26
07-31-2009, 12:51 PM
This will be my last post on this subject. I'll let you have the last word. The board monitor will determine whether or not this is a waste of people's time.
Santos appears to be best of this bunch. Santos is batting .264 with 6 homers and 28 RBI in what projects to be about a third of the season if he was the everyday catcher. The RBI numbers aren't bad, but, if this is considered good production nowadays, then baseball is in a sorry state. I called the Mets' catchers stiffs and I stand by it. I'm sorry if you're insulted. I'm moving on.

ryesteve
07-31-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm sorry if you're insulted.I'm not insulted... I just have a hard time ignoring it when people post nonsense. Santos/Schneider/Castro have 12 HRs and 63 RBIs... the Mets are on pace to have over 100 RBIs from the catcher's spot, and with all the things that are wrong with this team, THAT'S what you're complaining about. Ridiculous.

PaceAdvantage
07-31-2009, 07:57 PM
The board monitor will determine whether or not this is a waste of people's time.It's a huge waste of time in the horse racing section...that's why there is an off-topic sports section....

Relwob Owner
07-31-2009, 08:26 PM
Anybody with a personality as sweet as Christina's can read the phone book to me, and I'll like it. HRTV needs to hire her away at any cost. It's gotten to be a dire emergency over there. If they don't get Jon White and Joanne Jones off there soon I am going to have to shoot down their satellite from my private space shuttle. And how the hell did Laffit Pincay produce someone who speaks like a carnival barker? That's even more mysterious than that Horseplayersbet website.

I agree....I like her hosting much more than Ken these days...Ken seems to act like he is an analyst more than a host these days and crowbars his rather nonsensical picks in much of the time...as far as her going to HRTV, I believe that she came to TVG after working there...could be wrong but I am pretty sure

rokitman
07-31-2009, 09:50 PM
You are right http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_Racing_TV

I've only had DISH the last few months.

Relwob Owner
07-31-2009, 10:26 PM
You are right http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_Racing_TV

I've only had DISH the last few months.

Well I agree with you....she could read a phone book to me anytime and I really enjoy when she is on the air