PDA

View Full Version : Belmont 2nd Race

cj
05-14-2003, 01:37 PM
I did not bet this race, watched merely for future considerations. What I want to know is, what the hell was Dennis Carr doing on the 6. At no point did he ever ask the horse to run. He was standing up virtually the entire race while easily in contention. I would love to hear his explanation. The horse finished the race with no signs of distress. I'm not the kind to jump on the fix is in thing, but this was horrible. One other thing, the horse was always clear on the outside.

If you get a chance, check out the replay. I'll be curious to see what the chart says.

CJ

cj
05-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Here is the comment from the Bris chart:

ACT OF REFORM was bumped at the start, raced five wide and tired.

This is NOT an accurate accounting of the race, of that I am sure.

CJ

WINMANWIN
05-14-2003, 02:21 PM
CJ, I noticed the trip also, But some things never change......
Dennis Carr will be a GOOD price in the 7th today aboard
GALLANT ANGEL today. The last start was on the weeds and can be tossed. The start prior was a work out from a WIDE POST.
Today Carr gets the TRY DAY ! and will be an O.K. price......
Im gonna load up on this one........:cool:

kenwoodall
05-14-2003, 03:21 PM
Carr raced at my northern Ca and fairs ciruit. I could bet him to show, but he always had aterrible win record. Current standings confirm he is till not winning.
Sometimes he was a good bet on exotics. He and Warren were show jocks. Warren is vastly improved in CA, I guess Carr never got better!
At Belmont with Bailey liking the rail and Coa liking 1/2 back at Monmouth, must be hard for any jockey to get good position without pissing off the big boys!!LOL!!!

Pubby
05-14-2003, 04:29 PM
I was thinking the same thing as I watched the race. I did use the 6 in the NYRA Showdown. Even with being bumped at the start, he had the whole stretch to move down to the inside. He was last for the first 50 yards or so. It beats running 5 wide the whole way around. Really don't feel I got much for my money.

hurrikane
05-14-2003, 07:25 PM
wish I was around when this happened.
but some ideas for the future

6 Gallant Angel D Rte 23 2 9% .53 At BEL 16 1 6% .43
Tr: D. Balsamo Alw 18 0 0% .00 J-T Total 0 0 0% .00
52 4 8% .40 4yo+ 37 1 3% .25 J-T Dirt 0 0 0% .00
Jk: D. Carr Fav 1 1 100% 1.60 If FWrap + 3 0 0% .00
389 26 7% .75 >10-1 39 0 0% .00 T to D 3 0 0% .00

no on my list of pumps.
also

watch the mlo at the NY tracks.

mlo >=20
less than 1.7% to win. about 10% to show!!!!
These guys doing the mlo in NY are good. It holdes against most of their tracks(well..no FL Tom :D but you know that)
If you want to bet a 20-1 shot mlo you better get a price, a jockey, a trianer, and whole hell of alot of luck!!!!
not availible on with this crew!
sorry WIN...wish I had been around...hopefully it didn't cost to much.

Suff
05-14-2003, 07:55 PM
Carr's a HUGE question mark for me. This year on the Inner he was about 6%. But was 20% in routes on the inner... So I thought I had an angle I could use on him. That He could be trusted on a Pace sensitive Horse...and knew how to handle horses going long. What did he do on the main? ONE win routing and 5 for 39 sprinting. Go figure.

The splits on this race might have been too much for Act of Reform.... 2nd 1/4 in 22.4..... after a 23.01. first. You would think This horse runs into those numbers all day long. I just gave his Lifetime 18 races a good once over.

He appears to be a pace horse more than a stone cold closer. He needs speed up front....But nothing to fast. He's had trouble staying close enough to anything near a 46 to make a late impact.

He's best used when he can get a 23.2 followed by another 23.4.

Carrs upright stance in the stretch looked to me like something was wrong or he had given up and wanted to Preserve the horse. See if he runs right back.

Also....he rushed up 4 off the lead at the 3 furlong mark... made another mini move entering the Far turn...and was used up coming out of the turn.

Certainly an ugly performance. And a tough one to digest at 7-2.

WINMANWIN
05-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Carr was disappointing in the 7th race today finishing 3rd. The
sad thing for me, was I get beat for 2nd in the exotics by a
bomb.The price on GALLANT Angel was 5 or 6 to 1 I believe.
I honestly thought she would be higher, But I still used in exotic bets, with the race winner.The pace was slow and I anticipated
faster fractions and knew I was in deep trouble after the 1st qtr.
The 8th race upsetted me to no end. I really liked The paraneck
horse MAGNIFICENT Val on the weeds today and played her with
2 in the 9th in daily doubles. I was pissed when the longshot
HARTS GAP ran 2nd and completed a very nice exacta. Harts
Gap was over 20 to 1 and that price was exceptional. I played
the highest priced yearling in the last STRONG Hope
with the other figure steed MUKHTASERE. Strong Hope WON
BY AN CUN-S HA-R :D I certainly thought I lost the photo to the Zito steed, but HOPED STRONGLY and got Lucky...Anyway
its the only game, That even when we WIN..I still say
Shoulda,Woulda,Coulda.......:eek: