PDA

View Full Version : Nassau Nyra dispute

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-29-2009, 04:03 PM
The NYRA web site states that the picture was restored to Nassau residents effectively today July 29...not in my house in Nassau.

WQhats up?

aaron
07-29-2009, 06:59 PM
I called cable,but I have not got an answer that made sense. As of now,they said they would have engineering check it out.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-29-2009, 07:44 PM
It's amazing Aaron...you literally have to fight for everything to get things done. Hope all is cleared for Saratoga day 2.

titans1127
07-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Its amazing that here in Nassau and Suffolk counties, NYRA has such a strong hold on the OTB channel compared to the rest of NYS. Only NYRA during the day when they run, then at 6 PM it switches to some stupid Italian garbage (it does this even when NYRA is still running races!!!). Then from 8 PM till racing is over its just audio of thoroughbred and harness racing with the odds scrolling across the screen. The rest of NYS shows racing 12 hours every day, harness and thoroughbred yet Long Island gets shafted. You would think they would want to promote racing from the other 8 tracks in the state and show them. How bout a second channel. Cablevision has room as there are empty channels in the 70's. Show other racing, if not when NYRA is running their races at least afterwards for the rest of the day.

aaron
07-30-2009, 08:42 AM
As of 8:40 AM on 7/30,Cablevision in Nassau has not received the okay to simulcast Saratoga Races.

aaron
07-30-2009, 11:07 AM
It appears the races from Saratoga are available on cable in Nassau County.

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Its amazing that here in Nassau and Suffolk counties, NYRA has such a strong hold on the OTB channel compared to the rest of NYS. Only NYRA during the day when they run, then at 6 PM it switches to some stupid Italian garbage (it does this even when NYRA is still running races!!!). Then from 8 PM till racing is over its just audio of thoroughbred and harness racing with the odds scrolling across the screen. The rest of NYS shows racing 12 hours every day, harness and thoroughbred yet Long Island gets shafted. You would think they would want to promote racing from the other 8 tracks in the state and show them. How bout a second channel. Cablevision has room as there are empty channels in the 70's. Show other racing, if not when NYRA is running their races at least afterwards for the rest of the day.You could always pony up the extra $5 per month and get TVG on cablevision...

Tom
07-31-2009, 07:42 AM
Perhaps the marketing ploy is to make the races mysterious so that you will want to go to the track to see if they really exist. I always though restricting access to your product to be a very good strategy.

:rolleyes: