PDA

View Full Version : Soda tax

dav4463
07-29-2009, 03:43 AM
What do you all think about the proposed soda tax? How many more things can be taxed?

And I thought Obama said if you make less than 250K you would see no more taxes! :lol:

Tom
07-29-2009, 07:45 AM
Obama is a complete lair on every topic.
Let's tax BULLS___ and this PBI could finance the whole country.

wisconsin
07-29-2009, 12:09 PM
What do you all think about the proposed soda tax? How many more things can be taxed?

And I thought Obama said if you make less than 250K you would see no more taxes! :lol:

It's all coming down the pike. Soon enough, there will be fast food tax, too. He meant no more income tax, but never said anything about his punitive taxes. These taxes actually hurt the people he is claiming to help, and will take $millions more right out of the economy. But, hey, change you, er, uh, I mean loose change he can count on.

Tom
07-29-2009, 12:48 PM
A lot of people are about to find out that there are no fries in their Happy Meal!:lol:

McBama will be responsible for major tax hikes on every single person in this country, except unions boys and illegals.

dav4463
07-29-2009, 02:48 PM
A lot of people are about to find out that there are no fries in their Happy Meal!:lol:

McBama will be responsible for major tax hikes on every single person in this country, except unions boys and illegals.

Speaking of McDonald's.... a "value" meal now costs only a couple of dollars less than a much better burger at Chili's !

ddog
07-29-2009, 03:10 PM
soda tax, who cares really, it is already taxed some anyway. if taxed I guess some people would drink less of it , a good thing, it's poison anyway.

On the subject of tax , etc. With people like this running around it's hopeless.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2009/07/29/20090729assets0729.html

"House Majority Leader John McComish called the payments preferable to a tax increase, as proposed by Brewer, or alternative fiscal schemes such as selling future income from state Lottery sales in exchange for a lump-sum payment.

"What are our choices?" asked McComish, a Phoenix Republican. "We could cut more, or we could raise taxes more. Borrowing over the long term, we think, is better for the people, better for the economy."

Well, let's SEE, hmmmmmmmmm, what could be the choices, how about cutting spending and realizing it's not just kick the can down the road time all the time.
Stand up and cut the spending. Why is it that spending should only increase for gvts , I don't get it.

I have a NEWS FLASH for him, it's not better for the people.
Not now especially!!!

boxcar
07-29-2009, 03:30 PM
soda tax, who cares really, it is already taxed some anyway. if taxed I guess some people would drink less of it , a good thing, it's poison anyway.

Let's take your logic to its logical conclusion: Soda is processed food, as is only about 90% of all food in your average supermarket. So, then, should the government tax all processed food since it's supposedly not as healthy for us as natural/organic foods?

Or better than all these oppressive taxes, since all this flap has begun over the horrendous costs of health care here in the U.S. and the need for PREVENTIVE health care measures, which they say would reduce these costs significantly, shouldn't the government, since it's expressing all this alleged concern over our health, just make all processed foods illegal to manufacture and to buy? What better possible preventive measures could be taken to help preserve its citizens' good health?

Boxcar

Valuist
07-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Do you call it soda or pop? Seems to be a regional thing.

46zilzal
07-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Do you call it soda or pop? Seems to be a regional thing.
it is

ddog
07-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Let's take your logic to its logical conclusion: Soda is processed food, as is only about 90% of all food in your average supermarket. So, then, should the government tax all processed food since it's supposedly not as healthy for us as natural/organic foods?

Or better than all these oppressive taxes, since all this flap has begun over the horrendous costs of health care here in the U.S. and the need for PREVENTIVE health care measures, which they say would reduce these costs significantly, shouldn't the government, since it's expressing all this alleged concern over our health, just make all processed foods illegal to manufacture and to buy? What better possible preventive measures could be taken to help preserve its citizens' good health?

Boxcar

sorry, you got lost after the word logic.

boxcar
07-29-2009, 08:45 PM
sorry, you got lost after the word logic.

Methinks you have this backwards, since you couldn't answer the question. I should have known better to have asked you to think for a change.

Carry on. Enjoy your evening walk, doggie.

Boxcar

dav4463
07-30-2009, 12:23 AM
It's not whether or not soda (pop) is good or bad for you.

It is about our rights being taken away from us every day. There is a new tax on something every day. When will it stop?

Why not put taxes on something the rich people buy? Tax jewelry for instance. I thought Barack wanted to "stick it to the rich" and leave the poor people alone.

I saw the Terrell Owens reality show where he bought earrings for something like $300,000 just like I would pick up a pack of gum in the Walmart checkout line.

Tax luxury items instead of stuff that poor people buy. Tax jewelry, big boats, jet skis, exclusive golf club memberships, summer homes, Hummers, high fashion clothes and shoes, home swimming pools, home jacuzzis, etc.

Tom
07-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Speaking of McDonald's.... a "value" meal now costs only a couple of dollars less than a much better burger at Chili's !

BUT......Mikey D has a new special.....if you can guess what animal your burger came from, you get it FREE!

Tom
07-30-2009, 12:49 AM
It's not whether or not soda (pop) is good or bad for you.

It is about our rights being taken away from us every day. There is a new tax on something every day. When will it stop?

Why not put taxes on something the rich people buy?

Why not just stop taxing period and stop spending on stuff the gov has no business in - like just about everything. I think 80% of all taxes are not needed, as what they are spent on is not the gov's business. We need gov like we need cancer. Maybe less. Cancer can be cut out.

ddog
07-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Methinks you have this backwards, since you couldn't answer the question. I should have known better to have asked you to think for a change.

Carry on. Enjoy your evening walk, doggie.

Boxcar

'car

soda pop is not a food where I come from.

Your frenzied leap to "all other processed foods" was actually embarrassing to read. I thought it better to leave what little foolish logic may have been behind it alone.
Possibly your logic skills will be improved if you cut back on the soda pops! :D

YOU may choose to use it as a food and that's your right.

As to the good or bad, that's not my problem.

The gvt taxes all kinds of things for societal purposes, no matter how retarded.

I was responding to the thread question with " I don't care" tax the hell out of it , it's not essential to my life.

I view it as well as lots of "foods" as poison, not a value you need to observe at all and one I don't care to enforce on others.

p.s.

I really don't think soda pop consumption is a right.

boxcar
07-30-2009, 03:08 PM
'car

soda pop is not a food where I come from.

Then in your case, it should be outlawed. :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

Tom
07-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Tax "tox"

Then Pelosi and Biden can pay for health care.:lol:

Can you imagine the expression Pelosi's face would try to make over that one?

witchdoctor
07-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Tax "tox"

Then Pelosi and Biden can pay for health care.:lol:

Can you imagine the expression Pelosi's face would try to make over that one?

I am sure any tax on tox would exempt federal employees.