PDA

View Full Version : The Movie "Two Dollar Better"

JohnGalt1
07-28-2009, 08:52 PM
www.imdb.com/title/tt0044155/

I was looking up another movie by director Edward L. Cahn on IMDB.com and discovered a film noir called Two Dollar Better made in 1951. I never heard of it and no one mentioned it on our movie threads. It starred John Litel.

He went to the race track with some friends and watched a few races but did not bet. Then he got a tip from one of them and bet $2 and won $10. Then he experienced what most leads expereinced in noir films.

This is a movie about betting, not about horse racing like Boots Malone or Seabiscuit.

It also starred Steve Brodie and Marie Windsor.

I hope the link works.

ezrabrooks
07-28-2009, 09:10 PM
www.imdb.com/title/tt0044155/ (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044155/)

I was looking up another movie by director Edward L. Cahn on IMDB.com and discovered a film noir called Two Dollar Better made in 1951. I never heard of it and no one mentioned it on our movie threads. It starred John Litel.

He went to the race track with some friends and watched a few races but did not bet. Then he got a tip from one of them and bet $2 and won $10. Then he experienced what most leads expereinced in noir films.

This is a movie about betting, not about horse racing like Boots Malone or Seabiscuit.

I hope the link works.

Netflix has it..

Ez

Robert Goren
07-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Co-starss Barbara Billingsley (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0082511/) aka the beaver's mom

Horseplayersbet.com
07-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Found the full length version. You can watch it on the internet.
http://www.archive.org/details/Two_Dollar_Bettor_movie

BlueShoe
07-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Marie Windsor did a superb job playing the evil wife in Kubricks 1956 film noir "The Killing".Much of it was filmed at the now departed Bay Meadows.The plot involved the robbing of the track in what was supposed to be a foolproof plan.Of all the films that are about horse racing or have a racing theme,this is my favorite.On an amusing note,not long ago on an earlier thread there were a few unflattering remarks about the late actor Vince Edwards,who was a regular track patron.Mr. Edwards has a small role in "The Killing",playing a bad guy.

macguy
07-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Marie Windsor did a superb job playing the evil wife in Kubricks 1956 film noir "The Killing".Much of it was filmed at the now departed Bay Meadows.The plot involved the robbing of the track in what was supposed to be a foolproof plan.Of all the films that are about horse racing or have a racing theme,this is my favorite.On an amusing note,not long ago on an earlier thread there were a few unflattering remarks about the late actor Vince Edwards,who was a regular track patron.Mr. Edwards has a small role in "The Killing",playing a bad guy.

Great Movie.

They try and pass the track off as having a different name, but every time they show the starting gate footage it's got "Bay Meadows" written across the top. :)