PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow at Saratoga

cees with dees
07-28-2009, 12:49 PM
I haven't had this much fun handicapping a card in God knows how long.
Full and competitive fields in every race and though I don't find races like these to be the best investments, if you hit, you will get paid.
That said, I really like one horse on the card and that is Big Top in the 4th.
In his third start which was his turf debut, he raced three and four wide around the track and really held well in a fast last half.
Draw a line through the last on soft ground and now he draws the hedge on the inner and gets Dominguez.
Love this one.
The only other race that interests me bettingwise is the first where I think a huge pace will develop being that the unrateable Movie Magic draws wide with other speed inside.
Narrowed the race down to the 1,3,10 and lean towards Maccarib who Coa butchered in last start. Huge rider switch for great barn and great price.
Have fun all and good luck.
Ben

jefftune
07-28-2009, 10:43 PM
BIG TOP would be a surprise as Zito is 0 for 16 on the Sar turf the past three years, and only four percent on turf in 2009. Demand a big price.

Ron
07-29-2009, 12:13 AM
I think Big Top has as much chance as any but if the AEs get in I would have an even tougher time settling on Big Top. Good luck.

WinterTriangle
07-29-2009, 06:10 AM
Big Top is a nice longshot for the win, but I like the other Giant's Causeway horse more, Titan of Industry.

Overall for this race, Titan, Mr. Again, SpeightofHand, and Parc de Princes are the ones I think will be ITM. For a nutty longshot, Nemo Landing. :)

It will be wet/soggy at Saratoga today, that will change some of my original thoughts and also want to see how the track plays. I guess we'll know by race 4.

cees with dees
07-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Making 3 plays on the card, all early.
Race 1 pick 3 1,10/1,2,9,11/ALL
Race 2 pick 3 1,2,9,11/ALL/2
Race 4 Quinella's with Big Top, assuming I'm alive in the pick 3.
Good luck to all and be careful with advanced wagers as they are expecting a 50% chance of rain later in the day.
And don't be afraid of the Zito turf stat unless you know how many of those 16 runners were legitimate contenders.
Negative stats like these sometimes work in our favor.
Ben

cees with dees
07-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Late pick 4
2,8.9/2,6,7,9/1/1,2,4 Hoping that Asmussen has the quickest of the speeds in the 9th.
Till tomorrow,
Ben