PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Ben Stein on Barack Obama. Warning! (He pulls no punches)

andymays
07-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Ben Stein on Barack Obama. Warning! (He pulls no punches)

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/07/24/weve-figured-him-out

Excerpt:

Why is President Barack Obama in such a hurry to get his socialized medicine bill passed?

Because he and his cunning circle realize some basic truths:
The American people in their unimaginable kindness and trust voted for a pig in a poke in 2008. They wanted so much to believe Barack Obama was somehow better and different from other ultra-leftists that they simply took him on faith.

They ignored his anti-white writings in his books. They ignored his quiet acceptance of hysterical anti-American diatribes by his minister, Jeremiah Wright.

The article gets more controversial (for some people)as it goes on. Must Read!

NJ Stinks
07-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Ben Stein on Barack Obama. Warning! (He pulls no punches)

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/07/24/weve-figured-him-out

Excerpt:

Why is President Barack Obama in such a hurry to get his socialized medicine bill passed?

Gee, why would Ben Stein be in any hurry for health care reform? No doubt he's got a great health care plan that he can easily afford. And it goes without saying that Ben does not want to pay for anyone else's health care with Ben Stein's Money! :lol:

Tom
07-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Boy, that was really weak reply, even for you.

46zilzal
07-27-2009, 12:55 PM
I always search out stars from Ferris Beuhler's Day Off for my advice. SHOA NUFF

Tom
07-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Actually, 46, Stein is far more than an actor.
Far more qualified to comment than you, fer shore.

boxcar
07-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Gee, why would Ben Stein be in any hurry for health care reform? No doubt he's got a great health care plan that he can easily afford. And it goes without saying that Ben does not want to pay for anyone else's health care with Ben Stein's Money! :lol:

You mean kinda like the politicians, federal employees and union workers don't want any part of socialized medicine? What's going to billed as good for the gooseys will not be quite good enough for the ganders, right? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar
07-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Actually, 46, Stein is far more than an actor.
Far more qualified to comment than you, fer shore.

Not only is he more qualified but he can actually think for himself and articulate his position in his own words-- things zilly has yet to learn.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
07-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Of course Stein is right, there is nothing really shocking about it. Obama has demonstrated zero knowledge about how the economy works. He has been sold to America as someone possessing great intelligence. I'd haven't seen any solid evidence to support that claim. His assertions about the economy don't hold up under scrutiny and the rest of his talk is filled mainly with empty political platitudes.

He's a con man who uses a pliable lapdog media to help portray himself as a thinking middle of the road type of guy when his actions speak otherwise. Thankfully it appears that they're having more and more trouble keeping the cult thing going however.

Tom
07-27-2009, 01:50 PM
I always search out stars from Ferris Beuhler's Day Off for my advice. SHOA NUFF

http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/bio/yourlife/ben-stein

Let's see, wasn't it YOU who once or twice commented on those not in the field being silly to try argue with those who are? I do believe it was you.

So, care to post YOUR financial credentials?
Stein appears to spend a lot of time on the "backstretch" while you are sitting in the stands. :lol:

NJ Stinks
07-27-2009, 02:00 PM
You mean kinda like the politicians, federal employees and union workers don't want any part of socialized medicine? What's going to billed as good for the gooseys will not be quite good enough for the ganders, right? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

I just googled a price list of what federal employees pay for health insurance. This is from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management website. (Later I'll try to find out what Congress pays.) Just based on the premiums federal employees pay each month, the cost doesn't look much different in comparison to what a private employer may offer. Are you sure they don't any part of "socialized medicine"?

http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/rates/nonpostalffs2009.pdf (fee for service)

http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/rates/nonpostalhmo2009.pdf (HMO's)

boxcar
07-27-2009, 02:26 PM
I just googled a price list of what federal employees pay for health insurance. This is from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management website. (Later I'll try to find out what Congress pays.) Just based on the premiums federal employees pay each month, the cost doesn't look much different in comparison to what a private employer may offer. Are you sure they don't any part of "socialized medicine"?

http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/rates/nonpostalffs2009.pdf (fee for service)

http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/rates/nonpostalhmo2009.pdf (HMO's)

No, they will not want any part of a markedly inferior plan, nor will the government force these class of citizens to participate. In fact, sir, at this still early stage of the health care game, I'll gladly make a wager with you publicly to that effect, assuming the government takes over the health care industry and forces some valueless, worthless plan down our throats. Are you game, sir? Just name your price right here publicly. I betcha PA would be happy to referee this for us. (This is how confident I am that I know liberals.)

Boxcar

GameTheory
07-27-2009, 02:32 PM
"Health Insurance" does NOT equal "Health Care". We'll all be insured, yes, but we won't be getting good care.

NJ Stinks
07-27-2009, 02:33 PM
No, they will not want any part of a markedly inferior plan, nor will the government force these class of citizens to participate. In fact, sir, at this still early stage of the health care game, I'll gladly make a wager with you publicly to that effect, assuming the government takes over the health care industry and forces some valueless, worthless plan down our throats. Are you game, sir? Just name your price right here publicly. I betcha PA would be happy to referee this for us. (This is how confident I am that I know liberals.)

Boxcar

I don't bet! :mad: :lol:

(You are probably right, Boxcar. I heard that federal employees and Congress will be excluded previously.)

boxcar
07-27-2009, 03:02 PM

(You are probably right, Boxcar. I heard that federal employees and Congress will be excluded previously.)

You don't bet!? :bang: What are you doing on a horsey forum? Why aren't aren't you out there canvassing with ACORN? :rolleyes:

But to get back to the topic at hand -- how would this scenario sit with your sense of fairness? Would it be fair to have a caste system -- one brand of health care for federal folks and an inferior plan for us plebes? Wouldn't this amount to class discrimination whereby one class of people in society would be treated differently than others?

Boxcar

slewis
07-27-2009, 03:15 PM
"Health Insurance" does NOT equal "Health Care". We'll all be insured, yes, but we won't be getting good care.

And the reality is, just like today....everyone that can afford good care will easily get it.

Difference is, those that have NO care will get some form of care.

slewis
07-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Ben Stein should shut his puss on any issue regarding the economy.

As educated and intelligent as he is, (and I like Ben Stein very much) he has NO clue about the economy.

I've seen him give investment advice on financial shows and he's nothing but a sheep.

When the markets were well overbought 11/2 yrs ago, he was telling people "you'll see the dow as high as 20000 by 2009."

BlueShoe
07-27-2009, 03:37 PM
I don't bet!
You dont?Didnt we pretty much agree a month ago that we were both in a certain Lake Tahoe racebook at the same time?

Tom
07-27-2009, 03:37 PM
And the reality is, just like today....everyone that can afford good care will easily get it.

We do not buy your position that some people get no care. We are giving it away every day. No one gets turned away.

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Ben Stein should shut his puss on any issue regarding the economy.

As educated and intelligent as he is, (and I like Ben Stein very much) he has NO clue about the economy.

I've seen him give investment advice on financial shows and he's nothing but a sheep.

When the markets were well overbought 11/2 yrs ago, he was telling people "you'll see the dow as high as 20000 by 2009."I agree with you 100%. I was just about to search out some youtube clips of this....he was giving horrible advice right before the markets and the economy as a whole tanked....

I believe Stein was a part of some of those famous Peter Schiff clips...yup, here is one:

CZyvnWFbR84

Of course, how long was Schiff short before things started to turn his way? He was a perma-bear, was he not? You can still be right in the end, but run out of money long before the market starts to agree with you....

slewis
07-27-2009, 05:19 PM
I agree with you 100%. I was just about to search out some youtube clips of this....he was giving horrible advice right before the markets and the economy as a whole tanked....

I believe Stein was a part of some of those famous Peter Schiff clips...yup, here is one:

CZyvnWFbR84

Of course, how long was Schiff short before things started to turn his way? He was a perma-bear, was he not? You can still be right in the end, but run out of money long before the market starts to agree with you....

PA agrees with Slewis???

Must be the Saratoga air...lol

But Im not heading up till 8pm tonight.....

Oh well.... we'll chalk it up to the OPTIMISM of a great meet!

Let me get back to packing........ what a pain.:jump:

ArlJim78
07-27-2009, 05:29 PM
bash Stein all you want, he deserves a lot of it for sure. he's not the sharpest bulb but he's a genius compared to Obama.

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm not bashing Stein...like Slewis, I like the guy....how can you not like a guy who still views former President Richard M. Nixon with the higest of regards?

I'm just posting a little objectivity for folks who may have missed it a couple of years back....

BlueShoe
07-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Stein is not some far right radical,he is a moderate or center right conservative.Do not always agree with him on every issue,but he is correct in his views more often than he is wrong.As for bad market advice,try and find someone that is always correct.

toetoe
07-27-2009, 06:26 PM
famous Peter Schiff

I'll see your Schiff and raise you a notorious Peter Schikele. :jump: .

boxcar
07-27-2009, 06:37 PM

Yeah, and you forgot to add that "those that have NO care" will receive some form of care at someone else's expense -- mainly those who can afford good care. So, we'll have a caste system like Canada's (which we already know stinks!). Those who can afford it will pay for their own private care and also help fund the public system. So, they pay twice.

Nothing quite like robbing better heeled Peter to pay poor Paul.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
07-27-2009, 06:37 PM

That :lol: was supposed to mean I was kidding, BlueShoe. :)

And Boxcar, I totally agree with you. There shouldn't be a caste system when it comes to health care. :ThmbUp:

boxcar
07-27-2009, 06:41 PM
That :lol: was supposed to mean I was kidding, BlueShoe. :)

And Boxcar, I totally agree with you. There shouldn't be a caste system when it comes to health care. :ThmbUp:

And I'm sure you're going to contact all your congress critters and tell them that, right? You will tell them that if the public plan is good enough for the general population then it should certainly should be fit for use by ALL federal personnel, including them -- and including all union workers? I have your solemn word on this, right? :)

Boxcar

slewis
07-28-2009, 01:35 AM
Stein is not some far right radical,he is a moderate or center right conservative.Do not always agree with him on every issue,but he is correct in his views more often than he is wrong.As for bad market advice,try and find someone that is always correct.

There isn't anyone who's always correct, but when you make a statement like the one PA posted in the video, it shows a real lack of understanding how the credit makets effect day to day business, thus having a great effect on the stock market.

He is EXTREMELY intelligent... but the strange thing about the global markets, you can be a genius, literally, and lose your shirt.

Because when it comes to trading you need to have what is called "the view"... the ability to not only reasonably predict what will take place 6mo-1yr from now but to understand the mindset of the business world and apply it to your trading strategies if your correct, and hedge those bets to provide some relief if your not.

THIS IS WHAT BEN STEIN HAS ZIP OF........

slewis
07-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Yeah, and you forgot to add that "those that have NO care" will receive some form of care at someone else's expense -- mainly those who can afford good care. So, we'll have a caste system like Canada's (which we already know stinks!). Those who can afford it will pay for their own private care and also help fund the public system. So, they pay twice.

Nothing quite like robbing better heeled Peter to pay poor Paul.

Boxcar

No I didnt. What you fail to understand is that you're paying twice already and maybe 3 and 4 times.

First of all, I completely disagree about the Canadian system. It has its quirks but their country isnt (or should I say wasn't) as wealthy as ours so our system can be better, much better.
I have Canadian friends... many as a matter of fact... and their gripes are the same stuff Ive heard.... but they dont have 20% of their population uninsured, like us, the wealthiest on the globe.

But more importantly, we MUST MUST get a grip on illegal immagration.
This is what has killed some states (like California) and it will weigh down our country if we implement a system where anyone inside the border can get not only emergency care (which virtually every major country supplies) but day to day care as well REGARDLESS of their immigration status.

Unfortunetly, the Dems are pushing through a system that will provide just that....
But just remember Boxcar... when Bush was in power he DID NOT want to curb illegal immigration. Why? Because big business found the source for cheap labor very very profitable.
Actually both the left and the right dont want to stop illegal immigration.
It's just that the agenda's are different.... but the results are the same.
But let me give you an example of what happens:
Company A hires 200 illegals.... they dont insure them or their families. They pay them 40% less then what they pay a legal american citizen (or more).
Owner of the company LOVES IT.... he saves 3 million per yr in sal. plus health insurance. ( He might not even be paying payroll tax on them, I heard on fox today that over 1.5 MILLION workers list the SS number as 000-00-0000...!!!
Now, the illegal's kids go to the local school... this one has 3 kids..... who pays???? You do.... The kids get sick and mom takes them to the emergency room.. who pays?? Shall I go on???