PDA

View Full Version : Dems ashamed of the United States?

Tom
07-27-2009, 11:31 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/27/arts/design/27border.html?_r=1&hpw

Even many in the famously fractious architectural community celebrated the complex — particularly its main building, emblazoned with glossy yellow, 21-foot-high letters spelling “United States” — as a rare project the government could point to with pride........

Yet three weeks ago, less than a month after the station opened, workers began prying the big yellow letters off the building’s facade on orders from Customs and Border Protection. The plan is to dismantle the rest of the sign this week.

Sid
07-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Even you are kidding with this thread-header and this post, right?

ddog
07-27-2009, 11:59 AM
what in the name of zeus are these people BUILDING!

What is wrong with a simple building , what was the cost of all this "post pop" bullshit?

It's a border crossing , do it as cheap as possible and still be secure.

This country and the idiots that seem to run it have lost their GD minds.

Given the timeline to get something like this planned and built I assume this was another boondoggle of the Bush crowd. :rolleyes: :blush: :(

:ThmbDown:

mostpost
07-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Even you are kidding with this thread-header and this post, right?
No, he's not. Sadly :( :( :(

Tom
07-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Taking down the huge UNITED STATES letters is not of any concern to you?
No real good reason to do so, is there?

Security?
BS - the Statue of Liberty is open to people.

Surely even YOU can wonder why it is being done?

Sid
07-27-2009, 12:48 PM

Security?

It is being done by a government bureaucracy under the guise of nation security and that famously pinko newspaper, the New York Times, has dispatched its architectural writer to complain about the sign's removal. And you want to start a thread about Democrats being ashamed of their country?

Not that a lot of people of any political persuasion don't often have reason to be ashamed of their country.

Tom
07-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Not only do I want to, I did!
And I merely asked the question.

Since Dems are in charge of everything, and it is being done now, I have to wonder why?

Obviously, your great writing skills did not prepare you to answer.

mostpost
07-27-2009, 01:30 PM

Security?

The Statue of Liberty is not a point of entry into the United States. MAYBE if they started dismantling the Satue of Liberty you would have a case. MAYBE

Sid
07-27-2009, 01:39 PM
MAYBE if they started dismantling the Satue of Liberty you would have a case. MAYBE
The Democrats, I am told, are in charge of EVERYTHING. The Statue of Liberty torch was just reopened to the public. Shall we start a thread on Democrats being too proud of the United States? I don't think so.

But such a thread might fly here if we headline it: "Democrats threaten national security by opening Lady Liberty's torch under the watch of a racist president who, as Ben Stein has shown, is 'cozy with' terrorist leaders, and probably is going to plant a suicide bomber up there just so he can declare marshal law and nationalize horse racing." Tighten that up a bit and the thread will fit in every respect.

Although, if I understand correctly, nationalizing the racing industry might win the election around here.

Tom
07-27-2009, 01:42 PM
The Statue of Liberty is not a point of entry into the United States. MAYBE if they started dismantling the Satue of Liberty you would have a case. MAYBE

What the heck are you talking about?
you really lost me here.....what does point of entry have to do with security?
You think we have people driving down from Canada and not they are coming into the United States? :eek:

Tom
07-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Amazing how fast the left drifts away from discussion to stupid replies.....can't even get out of single digit number of post anymore.
Boy, do I miss Peopleplayer and ITM_ATW.....back when they had some pissazz! :lol: These kids today.....oh my!

NJ Stinks
07-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Amazing how fast the left drifts away from discussion to stupid replies.....can't even get out of single digit number of post anymore.
Boy, do I miss Peopleplayer and ITM_ATW.....back when they had some pissazz! :lol: These kids today.....oh my!

Tom, is that your wonderful sense of humor at work again? :jump:

Tom
07-27-2009, 03:05 PM
We used to have some really interesting posters here. :eek:

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2009, 05:03 PM
It's odd, isn't it Tom? These guys are just drive by shooters at this point.

They'll hit you with the ol' "you have to be kidding" and then follow it up with the ol' "Sadly, he's not {clever use of crying emoticon}"

And then when I ask why folks like this even bother to participate anymore if all they have is contempt for the opinions being posted and the people posting them....ahhhhh...the hell with it....:lol:

ddog
07-27-2009, 05:29 PM
so Pa, give it a shot, what did we build there and why the yellow letters and when was the thing planned and what did it cost over and above a simple border crossing station? isn't yellow associated with yellow streaks and all that.
Why not red white and blue letters. Why not a flag?? Wow !!

Why would the letters being taken down be of great import and the way they got there not matter?

Why the fascination with the yellow letters being taken down and NOT WITH THEM BEING PUT UP IN THE FIRST PLACE?

You believe the shame is only that the letters are taken down?

You believe that when the pugs were in charge they were responsible for everything that went on everywhere??? really, when did that become your view?

Maybe since the election.

Talk about drive by, hell some of you shouldn't be allowed on the roads at all.

You guys remind me more and more of bama everyday, you are only comfortable answering canned questions from your scripts.

:lol:

boxcar
07-27-2009, 05:36 PM

These "kids today" -- all grads from Dumb Down U.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2009, 05:43 PM
so Pa, give it a shot, No thank you. Never my intent, and not sure how or why you would think otherwise in this particular case/thread.

cj's dad
07-27-2009, 09:18 PM
As my mom would say" one day son, the chickens will come home to roost". We are now paying fort the lack of decency, honor, dignity, patriotism, manners, work ethic, respect, kindness, etc... that has been brought about by the welfare state, the criminal attitudes, the drug epidemic, and in general the overall lunacy that this society has gone through since the '60's.

Tearing down a sign which proudly declares that one is entering the United States ? no big deal - this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Stay tuned folks !! The best is yet to come !!!!

Tom
07-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Peep would eat these newbies for lunch! :lol: