PDA

View Full Version : Talking Horses on the Web

cj
07-26-2009, 07:05 PM
The popular daily handicapping show “Talking Horses, Presented by Daily Racing Form” will now be available for live viewing online at www.nyra.com (http://www.nyra.com) beginning on opening day at Saratoga Race Course, Wednesday, July 29. Learn More (http://www.drf.com/sar/2009/seminars.html).

Tom Barrister
07-26-2009, 09:51 PM
For a moment there, I thought we had a reincarnation of Mr. Ed. or Francis ("That's Francis with an 'I'!") the Talking Mule.

rjorio
07-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Looking forward to the wit and wisdom of Andy Serling. No public handicapper puts in more time and effort into their analysis,always smart and at times very funny. I coul do without Blewit and Donovan [dull and duller] ,but the DRF guests [Crist ,Grenning, Litfin,Beyer etc.] bring something to the table. If the fabulous Kurt Paselka appears do not miss him. Andy is a treasure ,let's all hope he dosen't get buried at the Spa this Summer

the little guy
07-27-2009, 03:12 PM
I know one thing, if I have to put in as much work for every card as I have already put in for the first two days, I will be hospitalized by the second week.

This is, obviously, the best time of the year by far.

Black Ruby
07-27-2009, 03:28 PM
It's close to the best time, but the best time is when you have college football AND good hossracin!

Monty Capuletti
07-27-2009, 04:26 PM
I know one thing, if I have to put in as much work for every card as I have already put in for the first two days, I will be hospitalized by the second week.

This is, obviously, the best time of the year by far.

Yeah, you don't have the luxury of saying "I have no clue here, anyone can win, I'm skipping this one". Something I said about a half a dozen times as I worked through the opening day card....

point given
07-27-2009, 04:59 PM
The announcement says that there will be 3 cohosts, Andy S. either JB or ED and a DRF member. So who gets to control the conversation and bring it back to point and direct the flow to the other 2 ? I cannot see that it would be JB , and Andy would be the most likely as he has done at Siros, mediating and directing the show. But I hope JB will be given a sedative and kept to a minimum , as the charm and camaraderie will be lost from the days of yore of Siros, and I do hope that Harvey Pack will make it up for a visit to grace us with his wit and wisdom. 48 hours and counting !

the little guy
07-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Jason or Eric will be the host/handicapper. The others could, I guess, be considered guests. Everyone will be sharing their opinions.

Harvey will unfortunately not be coming. This is completely his decision.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Andy,

I had more than a few laughs over the years listening to both Harvey and yourself go at it...it is just great fun from two individuals who love the game

point given
07-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Jason or Eric will be the host/handicapper. The others could, I guess, be considered guests. Everyone will be sharing their opinions.

Harvey will unfortunately not be coming. This is completely his decision.

Guess the bloom is off the rose. :blush:

Grits
07-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Agree wholeheartedly. ALWAYS enjoy Kurt. One whose not without humor or drama . . . . he's hilarious. Handicaps well, too.

Tom
07-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Won't be the same without Harvey and Siro's.
I'll have to double up on the spa waters.

Milleruszk
07-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Will the show be available on the DRF website after it airs? The tape of the Siro's broadcast was always availabe on DRF until the following live show the next day. Thanks.

phatbastard
07-29-2009, 08:53 AM
hope they have decent servers as this will certainly be popular show

turfbar
07-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Speaking of shows that Travis Stone guy did a great job w/the show he was doing b4 he started calling the races at La.Downs .He had an interview w/Bob Selvin one day that was priceless. Anybody else recall that and is that show still
being done. I miss it!

Turfbar