PDA

View Full Version : For those who don't like the tvg posts, please disregard.

cees with dees
07-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Everyone else, are they kidding with this show with Mike Joyce.
In all seriousness, to what audience are they trying to reach with this?? Is it supposed to be funny??

It belittles the game and is almost too embarrassing to keep the volume on.

Thank God for the SVU marathon.
Ben

Marshall Bennett
07-26-2009, 04:07 PM
I switched over to the ladies golf tournament from France . I couldn't stomach it either .

JustRalph
07-26-2009, 04:38 PM
What? You got something against Giraffes?

Next to Todd Schrupp Wrestling Jerry Lawler, that was the dumbest thing I have ever seen on TVG

Tom
07-26-2009, 04:50 PM
They are setting new lows everyday.
I was really looking forward to the Claiming Crown yesterday....imagine my horror when I tune and MATT is hosting live on track! Groan.
I guess they gotta keep him around so all those 3rd graders ( his level) get interested in Pick 6's early on.

jballscalls
07-26-2009, 05:07 PM
I think Matt is from Minneapolis, and i think he's done CC before.

Bruddah
07-26-2009, 09:18 PM
I think Matt is from Minneapolis, and i think he's done CC before.

Please don't tell me those will be the reasons for him doing the Claiming Crown again next year. :eek: :faint:

Then for gosh sakes get the Claiming Crown moved to Fargo No. Dakota or New Mexico. Anywhere but Min-na-SOTA. ;)

Tom
07-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Apparently, he worked there for three years.

KingChas
07-26-2009, 10:35 PM
are they kidding with this show with Mike Joyce.
In all seriousness, to what audience are they trying to reach with this?? Is it supposed to be funny??

It belittles the game and is almost too embarrassing to keep the volume on.

Ben

Usually defend TVG.
But you are right on with this post.
Mike Joyce was obnoxious.

fmolf
07-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Usually defend TVG.
But you are right on with this post.
Mike Joyce was obnoxious.
Is it just me or are they getting worse since the brits took over?

KingChas
07-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Is it just me or are they getting worse since the brits took over?

Must be that dry sense o humor?
Seems like they are getting worse.
As I said in a previous post,I think they do things to create controversy and draw new viewers,ala Jerry Springer.
They are completely oblivious to our concerns. :confused:

cj's dad
07-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Indefensible

Folks at the tavern were ready to throw stuff at the TV

Zenyatta To Crush
07-27-2009, 12:43 PM
They are setting new lows everyday.
I was really looking forward to the Claiming Crown yesterday....imagine my horror when I tune and MATT is hosting live on track! Groan.
I guess they gotta keep him around so all those 3rd graders ( his level) get interested in Pick 6's early on.
I was at the CC and Carothers was out of control. For some reason, he thought me and 2 of my friends were huge fans of his, so he let us come into the paddock and get interviewed on TVG. It probably came across as really stupid on tv since he was asking us dumb questions. I actually said I was a big Ken Rudolph fan. Carothers asked my buddy who he liked in the next race and he actually gave out the winner if you were watching. Right before going on camera, he was telling us how he was taking tequila shots at 1am the previous night. Seems like something he'd do. I don't think a drunk Carothers would be fun to be around.

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Right before going on camera, he was telling us how he was taking tequila shots at 1am the previous night.Sounds like fun to me, although tequila is not my drink of choice....

OTM Al
07-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I'd have to pass on that drink as well, though it does sound like he had a great time. Essentially a homecoming for him.

turfnsport
07-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Matty called over Cody Autrey in the paddock at Canterbury and Autrey said, "Hey Larry."