PDA

View Full Version : Better than a Hollywood script

46zilzal
07-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Yesterday we had a race that screen writers would lasso and try to make their own.

The MacPherson family named a race for their dad, Alastair. Craig McPherson is one of our leading trainers, currently third in the standings and a GOOD GUY, so the brothers, sisters and other kin were all there in the winner's circle with intentions to decorate the winner.

MacPherson had a horse in the race too (morning line 3/1)with a double bug rider up who had NEVER won a race.

You guessed it: family horse wins, bug rider got her first lifetime statistic and the family was honored. Great TRUE story

6th race - Hastings Racecourse - July 25, 2009

Pgm Horse Jockey Win Place Show
4 J T's Pointe Taletha Wyatt 8.00 3.70 3.10
1 Three Wood David Wilson 3.80 2.90
6 Arenalattude Garry Cruise 4.10
Also ran: 3 - Shenandoah River , 8 - Jalepeno Jess , 7 - Zip the Storm , 2 - A Cut Above

On the way back to the jock's room I told many in the crowd to hustle over to near the paddock to see Miss Wyatt get her traditional initiation of getting soaked with buckets of water from the fraternity of jockeys. Fun time top to bottom.

macguy
07-26-2009, 02:25 PM
I was betting that Wyatt was going to break her maiden Friday on Peacebethejourney, but the horse didn't break well. It looked like she panicked a little and was going much to wide to try and get up to the front runners down the backstretch.

I suppose it's a better story this way anyhow, that win picture will be one for the books. :)