9th) Rare Jewel
10th) Jo Pa's Wild Card

Mohawk:

1st) Gutsy Volo
8th) Waffles and Cream
9th) Lavec Dream

headhawg
07-25-2009, 01:20 PM
The contest goes until 8/8 so there's one more week after this to qualify. I used the old adage "Think long, think wrong" for these. More or less quick picks to try to change my luck.

Track Race# Prgm# Horse Name

Balmoral Park 9 3 VETTE MAN
Balmoral Park 10 1 KASHITIN
Balmoral Park 14 1 IM MAXIMUM BOB
Meadowlands 4 8 FIFTH WAVE
Meadowlands 6 3 RIGGINS
Meadowlands 8 3 ALL HALL
Meadowlands 9 3 DEUCE SEELSTER
Mohawk Racetrack 8 1 STONEBRIDGE TERROR
Mohawk Racetrack 10 2 TUG RIVER PRINCESS
Mohawk Racetrack 13 4 RESESSITATE
Best of luck to all.

toetoe
07-25-2009, 01:53 PM
there's one more week after this to qualify

Of course. May I re-calibrate ?

OffNPacing
07-26-2009, 11:42 AM
ToeToe, I believe Lavec Dream may put you in the running for the contest this week. Well done!

toetoe
07-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks, but it's capped at $42. D'oh !!! :bang: .

toetoe
07-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Okay, I understand the perceived need for caps during a real-time tournament, i.e. the leaders must be protected. I stongly disagree with it, but I sorta get it. It makes even less sense in the Trackmaster contest, which requires locking in all picks before the continent's first race is run.

If someone finds a 90-bucker at Scioto or Georgian, he should get all the benefit. It's wide open in the sense that any ten races may be played, but definitely restricted mutuelly.

I was happy to bet against Shadow Play, as I knew he would race at odds on. My horse, Michael's Marvel, came close, but apparently, he was never getting past SP. Another couldashouldawoulda: Dreamfair Eternal was my pick the previous week, but not this week. :bang: .

Too bad they don't show everyone's pick, as I'd love to know who else had Lavec Dream and/or Michael's Marvel. I finished in 15th place, and I'd like to know whether anybody ahead of me had either.