PDA

View Full Version : Highly consistent horses

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Is their any advantages statisically speaking by isolating key horses that show high consistency two year records...50% win/place and/or 25% win. I have seen some of these very consistent horses get ignored by the betting public and return 5/1 and higher payouts.These horses seem to hold form for a greater period of time and generally run true to their ability when properly placed as to class and distance.

Any thoughts on this topic? Thanks in advance.

DanG
07-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Is their any advantages statisically speaking by isolating key horses that show high consistency two year records...50% win/place and/or 25% win.
In real general terms imo; real consistent veteran horses often = little value.

Exceptions and / or addendum…

• If I’m an owner (and or fan); I worship the ones who lay their body down every time.
• Underneath exotic players learn to respect the animals who run their race regardless of circumstances.
• If you’re with some college buddies and pooling a show parlay; the hard knockers are your best friend.
• The genuinely dominate runner who lays over the field and becomes the ‘free bingo square.

When I say little value; I’m mainly talking about the win end in general. In multi-race bets I look for the boom or bust types who need the perfect storm (set-up) to run their top and those often have very spotty career records. To a degree; a simlar logic can apply to some trainers that would rather run last then 2nd.