PDA

View Full Version : Prez phoned the cop

jognlope
07-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Just noted it in daily news conference. Of course he did, because he's a classy guy. Say what you want....character is what matters, not that he says the perfect thing all the time. He is human and has lived in ugly America, after all.

rastajenk
07-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Oh, brother. He abandoned character when he opined about a trivial, local, non-presidential matter in the first place, after admitting he didn't know all the facts. Can you imagine the faux hysteria ginned up if Bush had said that cops acted stupidly in some such situation? I certainly can, the web archives are full of examples. This guy is supposed to be so smart, so cool, yet whenever he opens his mouth extemporaneously, he proves himself to be just another political lightweight.

Greyfox
07-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Oh, brother. He abandoned character when he opined about a trivial, local, non-presidential matter in the first place, after admitting he didn't know all the facts. .

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: You nailed it. This Prez thinks that he knows everything about everything
and has to comment on everything. When will he stop campaigning and start "doing" something?

Tom
07-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Watch out Mr, Gates - you are about to go under a bus!:lol:

Obama showed his REAL self.
America is mostly post-racism. The president is not.
Class? Hardly. He not only called that cop a racist, he insulted the whole of America. This guys is first class jerk.

Did you HEAR his reply today?

He outright LIED about what he said the other night. HE LIED!!!!

And this moron has the nuclear codes! :eek::eek:

GD Barack Obama
GD Barack Obama

rastajenk
07-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Obama's election last November does not represent the dawn of a new post-racial era. On the contrary, it seems to have lit de fuse for a most-racial one.

boxcar
07-24-2009, 03:08 PM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: You nailed it. This Prez thinks that he knows everything about everything
and has to comment on everything. When will he stop campaigning and start "doing" something?

From a very, very part time "dittohead", I have to ditto your sentiments. BO should have kept his yap shut and let the incident and subsequent investigation play out. Instead, he proves himself to be a fool by leaping before looking.

Boxcar

dartman51
07-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Just noted it in daily news conference. Of course he did, because he's a classy guy. Say what you want....character is what matters, not that he says the perfect thing all the time. He is human and has lived in ugly America, after all.

Are you calling Chicago, "UGLY AMERICA" ?? Or, maybe he lived in "UGLY AMERICA", when he went to Harvard. And, forget about character. This man is so full of LIES and DECEIT, he wouldn't know character, if it bit him in the ass.

Bison
07-24-2009, 03:16 PM
From a very, very part time "dittohead", I have to ditto your sentiments. BO should have kept his yap shut and let the incident and subsequent investigation play out. Instead, he proves himself to be a fool by leaping before looking.

Boxcar

I've heard both parties' sides and they are night and day in what transpired.
I suspect that the truth lies somewhere in between. Why the President jumped in before knowing all the facts can only be known to him. From here though it doesn't look like he is color blind.

boxcar
07-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Are you calling Chicago, "UGLY AMERICA" ?? Or, maybe he lived in "UGLY AMERICA", when he went to Harvard. And, forget about character. This man is so full of LIES and DECEIT, he wouldn't know character, if it bit him in the ass.

A narcissist has no character.

Boxcar

Warren Henry
07-24-2009, 03:31 PM
and has to comment on everything.

Reminds me of a fella who usta live here but moved to Canada :lol: :rolleyes:

Marshall Bennett
07-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Can you imagine the faux hysteria ginned up if Bush had said that cops acted stupidly in some such situation?
Can you imagine the hysteria if Bush had said that black cops acted stupidly in such a situation and Gates had been white ?

jognlope
07-24-2009, 03:49 PM
You aren't objective, you say what the other guys say, you act like you're in a gang or something. A gang that bangs logic and reason, appears you don't often say what you really feel. You are in the very least just complainers, complainters, offering no options, no solutions. I really don't know what to make of you. The prez commented because the press was asking him the question, so he answered.

rastajenk
07-24-2009, 03:55 PM
How smart does he need to be to respond with, "It might be inappropriate to respond at this point in time?" Lesser mortals use that all the time.

Warren Henry
07-24-2009, 03:56 PM
You aren't objective, you say what the other guys say, you act like you're in a gang or something. A gang that bangs logic and reason, appears you don't often say what you really feel. You are in the very least just complainers, complainters, offering no options, no solutions. I really don't know what to make of you. The prez commented because the press was asking him the question, so he answered.

Assuming that this wasn't deliberately scripted as some have speculated, he could have dodged the question like he does so many others. Or he could have answered without injecting race into the situation - especially when it seems that he did not have any of the specifics of the incident.

We have two choices when viewing the Presidents comments. Either he should never speak without the teleprompter, or it was scripted. IMHO, neither speak well for him.

lsbets
07-24-2009, 03:56 PM
The prez commented because the press was asking him the question, so he answered.

He should have said "I don't know all the facts, so I won't comment on the matter."

It would have been over. Instead, he injected racial politics into his press conference and it ended up overshadowing the message he attempted to deliver on health care. He shot himself in the foot by answering the way he did.

What his answer made clear to me is that he has never had any real experience leading people. One of the very first things a young platoon leader learns when there is a conflict between two subordinates is there are three sides to every story - his side, the other guy's side, and the truth. It was obvious from his characterization of the PD, that he took Gates' side without any though or analysis. The man is not ready to lead a platoon of 40 in the Army, let alone be the President and Commander in Chief.

ArlJim78
07-24-2009, 04:51 PM
i like that he chose to answer that question at the press conference. He was hoping that question came up, and he was prepared for it. He thought he had the answer everyone wanted to hear. He exposed his true self, and I think that is important because many still think he is something he isn't. Race hustlers like him don't need to know facts, they can simply repeat over and over the same mantra about how America is so polarized, If only everyone were more like me there would be no problem, blah blah blah. They always put 100% of the problem on whites.
He wanted that opportunity to make his rant about how all across the land latinos and black are profiled for no good reason. he is representative of most of the left, they're racist by nature.

The problem is like others have mentioned, he feels he has to immediately respond to every issue within minutes, I guess he thinks this will show how smart he is. But if you will go back and notice, he is WRONG on every issue he weighs in on. he is drawn each and every time to make a quick and incorrect judgement.

So far all of his statements, predictions, and prescriptions have been dead wrong. He offers the wrong solutions and always supports the wrong side in any exchange.

Calhoun
07-24-2009, 05:16 PM
"... most of the left, they're racist by nature...."

That's a new one.

ArlJim78
07-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Obama, "My sense is you've got two good people in a circumstance in which neither of them were able to resolve it the way the wanted to resolve it"

this is his third attempt to explain the situation, and he's still wrong.
It would have been simple for Gates to have resolved the situation but he chose another alternative. too bad for him but everyone runs the same risk if you start harassing an officer for no reason.

He was asked a very simple question by an officer responding to a burglary call. He choose not to cooperate and to verbally abuse the officer. Obamas statement should have been, "my friend Skip acted stupidly, but I'm sure he didn't mean it because he's a good guy"

ArlJim78
07-24-2009, 05:36 PM

That's a new one.
not really, the left is always pushing for racial quota's and identifying people by their race, assuming people of a particular race think alike, analyzing every situation in light of the racial mixture, etc.

People on the right seem to care more about what people actually do or say, what their belief's or abilities are, their character, and not about race.

think about the people in this country who run around and act like they represent certain races. are they conservatives? no.

LottaKash
07-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Mr. President, that is why we have a third branch of the government....You know the "Judicial" branch"....Way off base sir....(p.s. Hail to the Chief of "Everything:")

best,

mostpost
07-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Assuming that this wasn't deliberately scripted as some have speculated, he could have dodged the question like he does so many others. Or he could have answered without injecting race into the situation - especially when it seems that he did not have any of the specifics of the incident.

We have two choices when viewing the Presidents comments. Either he should never speak without the teleprompter, or it was scripted. IMHO, neither speak well for him.
It was not scripted.
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2009/07/the_story_behind_my_obama_pres.html

boxcar
07-24-2009, 06:02 PM
It was not scripted.

Then like the man said, that doesn't speak well either.

Boxcar

newtothegame
07-24-2009, 06:09 PM
It was not scripted.

If not scripted....it does not bode well for Obama...
maybe he should wait ten days or so before chiming in to allow his handlers (script writers) to give him his speeches.
Hell if he could wait so long to speak out against the tyranny in Iran, why so quick to stick his foot into a police matter in cambridge...???
Seems he just has to have a say in EVERYTHING ...:lol:

Greyfox
07-24-2009, 06:43 PM
President Obama has not apologized, he has simply stated that he
"unfortunately gave an impression that I was maligning the Cambridge Police Department or Sgt. Crowley specifically."

The facts are:
1. He did malign the Police Department
2. His remarks smeared Crowley, if not directly
3. He smeared police across the United States.

He now wants Sgt. Crowley to come to the White House for a beer, maybe
patch things up with Professor Gates.

Sgt Crowley - just say "No thank you Mr. President"

dutchboy
07-24-2009, 06:52 PM
The next time there is a home invasion or break in and the police do not show or wait outside to make sure they have all of the facts covered up I am sure the sensitive souls will understand why.

cj's dad
07-24-2009, 06:55 PM
We're not Black - we simply do not understand !! :lol:

dutchboy
07-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Misdirection of the media.

At the same time they are sneaking the health insurance bill though Congress this come up.

Doubt if there will be much coverage of the health bill in the media while they have this to blow out of proportion. I know if I was seen breaking in to my own home because I locked myself out by someone who did not know I lived there it would not hurt my feelings if the police showed up. And I would not give them a bunch of crap for doing their job.

Coincidence?

mostpost
07-24-2009, 07:18 PM
He now wants Sgt. Crowley to come to the White House for a beer, maybe
patch things up with Professor Gates.

Sgt Crowley - just say "No thank you Mr. President"
According to a discussion I just heard on MSNBC, it was Sgt. Crowley who suggested that President Obama invite them for a few beers>

Steve 'StatMan'
07-24-2009, 07:22 PM
President Obama has not apologized, he has simply stated that he
"unfortunately gave an impression that I was maligning the Cambridge Police Department or Sgt. Crowley specifically."

The facts are:
1. He did malign the Police Department
2. His remarks smeared Crowley, if not directly
3. He smeared police across the United States.

Ours just like an "appology" from our Senior Senator Dick "Turban" Durbin.

Marshall Bennett
07-24-2009, 07:27 PM
When I was a kid I had a 67 chevy impalla . I locked the keys in the car and was trying to pry the window open when a security guard ran up and pushed me to the ground . He held me down with his boot and took my wallet out of my back pocket where he found my driver's license . Only then did he allow me to walk to a pay phone and call for assistance . I imagine this scenario is played out hundreds of times a day with both homes and cars in any large city . I suppose it depends on who you are and what you look like as to how any particular case becomes an issue .

Tom
07-24-2009, 07:29 PM

That's a new one.

No, it's not. Been known for along time now. Racism is the basis of the liberal democrats.

Tom
07-24-2009, 07:30 PM
The next time there is a home invasion or break in and the police do not show or wait outside to make sure they have all of the facts covered up I am sure the sensitive souls will understand why.

Next time, call Al Sharpton.

Calhoun
07-24-2009, 07:39 PM
not really, the left is always pushing for racial quota's and identifying people by their race, assuming people of a particular race think alike, analyzing every situation in light of the racial mixture, etc.

People on the right seem to care more about what people actually do or say, what their belief's or abilities are, their character, and not about race.

think about the people in this country who run around and act like they represent certain races. are they conservatives? no.

It is really interesting that you use terms to describe the left such as "racist," "always," and "every." Very strong, very absolute. At least you know what you think of those unlike you.

Then you use the term, "seem" to describe all the people who are just like you.

In other words, you feel less strongly about how you view your peers and self than how you view those unlike you.

Odd.

Tom
07-24-2009, 07:40 PM
I have a dream.
A dream that someday, in this country, a fireman will get the promotion he earned and not have to go to court to fight racism and bigotry.

I have a dream.
A dream that someday in this country, big mouth professional instigators will be called than and not Doctor. That when a cop answers a call to protect a civilian, the BMPI calling himself a doctor will not act like a street thug and show respect for the law. When a BMPI will grow up and stop making excuses for decades of failures and blaming it on others.

I have a dream.
A dream that someday, a soldier fighting for his country will not have be called a murderer by a POS Senator when the facts are not in. A dream than when the facts show the soldier to be innocent, the POS senator will have the guts to apologize.

I have a dream.
A dream that someday, in this country, the president will not call doctors thieves with no evidence, just to sell a bill that is garbage.
A dream that the president will get past racism, that he will not sit and listen to racist fools and dogs for 20 years and then lie about it.
A dream that someday, in this country, the president will have th guts admit an error, apologize for it and not play the race card at every chance.

I have a dream, oh yes.
A dream that someday in this country, the Speaker of the House will call the brave people at the CIA liars and then refuse to offer any proof to back it up. A day when the SOTH is not a lying turd in heels.

I have a dream, my friends,
But when I turn on the TV and see POTUS lying through his teeth, alienating the races, tempting yet another in a series of uncalled for race riots, I realize that my fream is a nightmare. A nightmare named Obama.
And I realize that this country is...........

.....screwed.

JustRalph
07-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Obama's election last November does not represent the dawn of a new post-racial era. On the contrary, it seems to have lit de fuse for a most-racial one.

As I predicted right here on the board. He may become the worst thing that ever happen to blacks in America..........the Jury is still out.

NJ Stinks
07-24-2009, 09:35 PM

Excellent post, Jognlope! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

No doubt you heard this many times here since posting it here. :p :)

Tom
07-24-2009, 09:45 PM
If he is so classy, why did he NOT apologize?

Indulto
07-24-2009, 09:48 PM
He should have said "I don't know all the facts, so I won't comment on the matter."

It would have been over. Instead, he injected racial politics into his press conference and it ended up overshadowing the message he attempted to deliver on health care. He shot himself in the foot by answering the way he did. ...lsbets,
I agree.

But he will get through this, especially if he continues to play it straight as he did today. However, he has lost any wriggle room should it happen again.

I believe the healthcare issue has created more pressure than he has ever faced before, and it showed. He will get better.

rastajenk
07-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Then again he may not. He has almost no experience to draw from that can compare to being Leader of the Free World.

He lost me (aside from his policy positions) last September 11 when he and McCain were at a Ground Zero memorial. McCain respectfully laid a rose at the designated spot, took on a solemn appearance, and looked comfortable in the ritual. Obamarama tossed his rose and stood there looking like, now what do I do? He's got no sense of where he is or what he's doing; it still seems like it's just cool being President without any regard to the consequences of his words or deeds.

But so many people are so invested in him it's hard to see that that can matter much. Sad.

LottaKash
07-24-2009, 10:57 PM
, He will get better.

HaHa.....:D :D :D ...sure Chuck...

best,

ArlJim78
07-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Then again he may not. He has almost no experience to draw from that can compare to being Leader of the Free World.

He lost me (aside from his policy positions) last September 11 when he and McCain were at a Ground Zero memorial. McCain respectfully laid a rose at the designated spot, took on a solemn appearance, and looked comfortable in the ritual. Obamarama tossed his rose and stood there looking like, now what do I do? He's got no sense of where he is or what he's doing; it still seems like it's just cool being President without any regard to the consequences of his words or deeds.

But so many people are so invested in him it's hard to see that that can matter much. Sad.
I know what you mean, he doesn't seem to have a sincere or reverent side. He is either in full on BS mode where he will spout off wild statements with a straight face staring at TOTUS, like we need his healthcare reform to help get the deficit under control, or he is in his jocular/jive/awshucks/don't you guys just love me mode.

I'll never forget how he just flung that rose on the heap like it was the ring toss at a carnival. Now its understandable because I'm sure in his mind he felt that to show more respect than that would be offensive to some people.

PaceAdvantage
07-25-2009, 12:04 AM

That's a new one.Not really. The Democratic party thrives on racism. It fills their coffers with donations when the likes of Sharpton or Jackson go off on one of their media whoring rants against whitey....

Kill racism, and you kill the Democratic party...so in whose best interest is it to make sure racism remains alive and well in the United States?

Indulto
07-25-2009, 01:27 AM
Not really. The Democratic party thrives on racism. It fills their coffers with donations when the likes of Sharpton or Jackson go off on one of their media whoring rants against whitey....

Kill racism, and you kill the Democratic party...so in whose best interest is it to make sure racism remains alive and well in the United States?To be sure, there are racists in both parties, and each party has communities in which it enables racism, but neither thrives on it. For every Sharpton there is a Limbaugh.

There are people of every ethnic group who feel victimized by some other. There is an understandable basis for such feelings in each case -- even if currently not in fact -- and there will always be some who can't get past it. It's neither reasonable nor productive to draw conclusions about an entire ethnic group from the behavior and dysfunction of such individuals.

I've never observed anyone accuse another of being a racist who didn't appear to be a racist himself or herself. From that I've concluded that "it takes one to know one."

PaceAdvantage
07-25-2009, 02:01 AM
I didn't accuse anyone of being a racist. What I did was make a simple economic observation.

Just like a cure for cancer will put a lot of doctors and hospitals out of business, the end of racism in America will put a serious dent in the money making machine that is the Democratic Party, ultimately leading to its demise in my opinion.

Indulto
07-25-2009, 02:47 AM
I didn't accuse anyone of being a racist. What I did was make a simple economic observation.

Just like a cure for cancer will put a lot of doctors and hospitals out of business, the end of racism in America will put a serious dent in the money making machine that is the Democratic Party, ultimately leading to its demise in my opinion.Did anyone say you did?

I'd be interested in hearing why the end of racism in America wouldn't also put a serious dent in the money making machine that is the Republican Party, ultimately leading to its demise.

cj's dad
07-25-2009, 09:21 AM
This Ivy league grad doesn't even use the word "calibrate" in its' proper context :lol:

newtothegame
07-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Did anyone say you did?

I'd be interested in hearing why the end of racism in America wouldn't also put a serious dent in the money making machine that is the Republican Party, ultimately leading to its demise.

I really do not believe its Racism that has alot of the country in an uproar at the moment. But as to the topic of racism, does it still exist in some backwoods areas of the country? Yes! I do not doubt that at all. But, I must add that I believe it is a very SMALL portion of the U.S that still holds racism to heart based solely on color.
Now to what I believe is the true cause of racism. And remember, this is from my perspective so I do not claim to be the know all end all. I do NOT hate people based on their color. What I do hate is ANYONE who I have to PAY for through taxes and other subsidized programs such as welfare. Why is it that their are "quotas"? Why not give the job to the best person available? Why do corporations recieve tax credits for hiring minorities, ex felons, etc etc? And please, do NOT tell me this does not happen. I am in management and see it on a regular basis. Health care is a big topic throughout the U.S and on this board. Check out this link which sort of goes to what you were talking about. Now please explain to me what on a STRAIGHT partisan vote, the democrats would kill this amendment.
House Committee Vote Will Lead to Taxpayer-Subsidized Health Care for Illegal Aliens

Help FAIR Stop Congress from giving YOUR Tax Dollars to Illegal Aliens!

Last week, Democratic Leaders in the U.S. House of Representatives unveiled their 1,018 page health care reform bill, entitled the "America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009" (H.R. 3200 (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-3200)). While Congressional Leaders have repeatedly claimed that this Obama-backed health care bill will not cover illegal aliens, FAIR's analysis (https://secure2.convio.net/fair/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=20995&security=1601&news_iv_ctrl=1721#1) has shown that the legislation actually contains several loopholes that would give taxpayer-funded health insurance to illegal aliens and give illegal aliens handouts - in the form of so-called "affordability credits" to pay for health insurance!

While the House Ways & Means Committee was considering this bill last Thursday, July 16, Rep. Dean Heller (R-NV) attempted to close these loopholes. Heller offered an amendment that would have done two important things:

First, the Heller Amendment would have required that any participant in the "public" plan created under the bill must prove they are not an illegal alien by demonstrating eligibility through the Income and Eligibility Verification System (IEVS) and the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) system. This part of the Heller Amendment would have ensured that American taxpayers wouldn't be forced to foot the bill to enroll illegal aliens in the government-run, taxpayer-subsidized "public" plan created under the health care bill!
Second, the amendment would have required each recipient of the "affordability credit" created under the bill to also have their eligibility verified by the IEVS and SAVE systems. This part of the Heller Amendment would have ensured that illegal aliens who buy private insurance could not receive taxpayer-funded handouts to help offset (or, perhaps, completely pay for) the cost of their insurance premiums.
Incredibly, the House Ways and Means Committee voted on a party-line basis to reject the Heller Amendment! This astonishing vote directly contradicts the will of the American people, 80% of whom oppose covering illegal aliens under this health care bill. (Rasmussen Reports (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/healthcare/june_2009/americans_support_universal_health_coverage_but_no t_if_it_covers_illegal_immigrants)). Many lawmakers apparently don't seem to care about the views of the people they were elected to serve.

The health care bill is now moving to the House Energy and Commerce Committee for further consideration. That committee twice postponed consideration of the bill this week because moderate Democrats are concerned about some of the provisions - and cost - of the bill. That gives us a chance to get the Energy and Commerce Committee to fix what the Ways & Means Committee would not. This may be our last chance to ensure that the House bill doesn't provide taxpayer-funded benefits to illegal aliens! We can make a difference before this bill moves to the floor for consideration by the entire U.S. House of Representatives.

I truly wonder why the democrats would unanimously reject this??? Maybe, just maybe, in my humble opinion...they are looking for future votes???
So see...its not racism in its true definition that alot of people hate. Its the legislation to in essence, cause reverse discrimination in my opinion.
I could list many articles that talk about the cost of illegal immigration to the U.S. Now do we really need to talk about how to fix the deficit and cost of items like health insurance? Now if we fix the immigration problem, wonder what that would save the U.S.
Welfare programs....there is a reason the U.S gov't has said in many of its stimulus packages that if states want to recieve federal funding, its based on the number of people it has on its welfare programs. The more people, the more funding. Do you not see this is a problem in itself?? States are being REWARDED for the number of people they have in socialized programs. Want to guess who pays for that??? Yep...TAX payers.
Anyway, I have been way to long winded here...but its not about racism (for me at least)...its about paying YOUR OWN WAY.

newtothegame
07-25-2009, 10:13 AM
And...to keep this on topic....
If I were Sgt Crowley, I would respectfully say "I appreciate the offer, but respectfully decline".
President Obama got himself into this mess with his poor judgement, let him get himself out. I could not go have a beer with someone (of the presidential office's stature) after they just had gone on and in essence said I acted "stupidly".

Tom
07-25-2009, 10:15 AM
I truly wonder why the democrats would unanimously reject this???

They want the votes, they want the entire country totally dependent on them. They do not represent the people by any stretch of the imagination.
Neither did the repubs, but theri agneda was throw us enough bones to keep us happy and allow them to get rich and ignore us.

Time for phase 2 of the tea parties........ Phase 2

Tom
07-25-2009, 10:18 AM
If I were Sgt Crowley, I would respectfully say "I appreciate the offer, but respectfully decline".
President Obama got himself into this mess with his poor judgement, let him get himself out. I could not go have a beer with someone (of the presidential office's stature) after they just had gone on and in essence said I acted "stupidly".

If I were him, I would sue Barry Nifong and the PBI Gates.

ArlJim78
07-25-2009, 10:43 AM
It is really interesting that you use terms to describe the left such as "racist," "always," and "every." Very strong, very absolute. At least you know what you think of those unlike you.

Then you use the term, "seem" to describe all the people who are just like you.

In other words, you feel less strongly about how you view your peers and self than how you view those unlike you.

Odd.
what is odd is your taking time to parse my post like that.

boxcar
07-25-2009, 11:06 AM
This Ivy league grad doesn't even use the word "calibrate" in its' proper context :lol:

If Bush had made that kind of faux pas, it would have been front page news by now and on every late night TV show. But the majestic and wondrous one gets another free pass. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

cj's dad
07-25-2009, 11:20 AM
If Bush had made that kind of faux pas, it would have been front page news by now and on every late night TV show. But the majestic and wondrous one gets another free pass. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Before the day is out one of his apologists on this board will have found some abstract definition of the word which will (in their opinion) exonerate his erroneous usage of "calibrate".

And you are 1000% correct - had GB done this he there would already be a skit lined up for tonight's SNL show.

boxcar
07-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Before the day is out one of his apologists on this board will have found some abstract definition of the word which will (in their opinion) exonerate his erroneous usage of "calibrate".

And you are 1000% correct - had GB done this he there would already be a skit lined up for tonight's SNL show.

But what was even more revealing about this whole incident is Obama's reaction afterward. The fact that he would not apologize to the police officer for rushing to a hasty judgment about him goes right to the heart of that excellent piece about BO's narcissism. (The chap who wrote that piece nailed BO squarely. He truly has this president's number.) But it just isn't in BO to humble himself to apologize for his totally uncalled for and insulting remarks.

Boxcar

toetoe
07-25-2009, 12:16 PM
character is what matters

Yes, we agree on that. Just be careful when the Kool-Aid is passed around at the next meeting of the Barry O'Bonar Cult of Personality.

No one with character would say anything so spiteful and racially divisive as what President Amoeba said the other night.

The policeman showed great character in even taking the Clown Prince's call. I applaud and envy you, Mr. Crowley.

Notice that His Nibs did not say, "Gee, I really screwed up. I apologize." No, he calibrated his words wrongly ... :lol: ... :confused: .

Oh, please don't misunderstand my opinion of this moron. I don't mean to ratchet up the situation, or to say BHO, personally, or his administration are not just the bee's knees.

boxcar
07-25-2009, 12:40 PM
The cop has more class in his little pinkie than BO has in his entire body. (I bet the cop would make a far better president than this present clown.)

Boxcar

Warren Henry
07-25-2009, 02:59 PM
If Sgt Crowley actually does go to the White House to have a beer with Obama and Gates, he better take some impartial witnesses of his own. If he spends any time alone with those two lying racists, they will come out of the room saying that Crowley is the racist and that they can prove it by corroborating each other's testimony.

Tom
07-25-2009, 03:32 PM
If Sgt Crowley actually does go to the White House to have a beer with Obama and Gates, he better take some impartial witnesses of his own. If he spends any time alone with those two lying racists, they will come out of the room saying that Crowley is the racist and that they can prove it by corroborating each other's testimony.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Crowley came out leading them BOTH in cuffs! :lol:
"I asked to see his birth certificate and he was unable to produce it."

bigmack
07-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Wouldn't it be a hoot if Crowley came out leading them BOTH in cuffs! :lol:
"I asked to see his birth certificate and he was unable to produce it."

E8jE_Xg-K8A

jognlope
07-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Sorry you don't phase my opinion of him, especially the total lack of objectivity.

bigmack
07-25-2009, 04:33 PM
especially the total lack of objectivity.
Obama's?

ArlJim78
07-25-2009, 05:20 PM
being an overt racist is no impediment to moving up the ladder in the liberal world. It can get you all the way to the presidency or the supreme court, and nobody bats an eyelash.

if you're conservative though any slip of the tongue that is deemed racial in nature virtually ends your career.

PaceAdvantage
07-25-2009, 11:16 PM
if you're conservative though any slip of the tongue that is deemed racial in nature virtually ends your career.Oh, come on now Jim. Don't you know that all conservatives are OLD, RICH WHITE MEN?

They've already made their millions by continuing to enslave minorities (metaphorically speaking of course), thus, they deserve no such "passes" or second chances...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mostpost
07-26-2009, 12:33 AM

I want to know where and when he misused the word calibrate so I can determine which abstract definition of the word to use in his defense. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mostpost
07-26-2009, 12:51 AM
Never mind, I found it. That is a perfectly legitmate and correct use of the word "calibrate". Definition four in Merriam Webster......"to adjust precisely for a particular function." Just because those words would normally be used in conjunction with measuring instruments does not preclude their use to describe other activities. A good speaker, an intelligent person will do so even though he may confuse the fossilized mind of a conservative.

Warren Henry
07-26-2009, 12:54 AM
Never mind, I found it. That is a perfectly legitmate and correct use of the word "calibrate". Definition four in Merriam Webster......"to adjust precisely for a particular function." Just because those words would normally be used in conjunction with measuring instruments does not preclude their use to describe other activities. A good speaker, an intelligent person will do so even though he may confuse the fossilized mind of a conservative.

Or mealy mouth. A lot of fluff instead of what should have been an apology for speaking out of turn.

mostpost
07-26-2009, 12:54 AM
Of course he could have just said, "I misunderestimated"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mostpost
07-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Or mealy mouth. A lot of fluff instead of what should have been an apology for speaking out of turn.
REAL MEN don't use them fancy words. REAL MEN tell you what they think. (Unless they're a black president) Then REAL MEN are not allowed an opinion
:bang: :bang: :bang:

boxcar
07-26-2009, 01:33 AM
Of course he could have just said, "I misunderestimated"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He could have kept his big, racist yap shut -- at the very least until he had all the facts. Or better yet, let an isolated incident like that be handled at the local level. But then again, we all know how much this narcissist relishes bullying from his bully pulpit, don't we?

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
07-26-2009, 03:27 AM

And you are 1000% correct - had GB done this he there would already be a skit lined up for tonight's SNL show.Well, I don't think it quite happened before the day was out, but mostpost fulfilled your prophecy pretty much altogether in reply #65....good call!

cj's dad
07-26-2009, 10:10 AM
REAL MEN don't use them fancy words. REAL MEN tell you what they think. (Unless they're a black president) Then REAL MEN are not allowed an opinion
:bang: :bang: :bang:

Settle down Cliff :lol:

dutchboy
07-26-2009, 10:32 AM

What does the Ebonics Dictionay say about the use of the word? Weren't they going to require Ebonics to be taught in the Los Angeles public schools a few years ago. Not sure if they adapted that plan.

Warren Henry
07-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Since we are delving into the use of the words in this issue, perhaps we should look at one of the statements made by Prof Gates.

How should we interpret "I'll talk to yo mamma outside"?

Shall we use the Ebonics dictionary? Did a man with degrees to rival zilly really utter this statement?

Please tell me --

1. What does this phrase mean in general.

2. Was the meaning of the phrase different in this context?

3. Could this statement be considered as cooperating or not cooperating with the officer?

4. How could a man whose career seems devoted to the sensitivity of race issues conduct himself in such a manner?

boxcar
07-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Since we are delving into the use of the words in this issue, perhaps we should look at one of the statements made by Prof Gates.

How should we interpret "I'll talk to yo mamma outside"?

Shall we use the Ebonics dictionary? Did a man with degrees to rival zilly really utter this statement?

Please tell me --

1. What does this phrase mean in general.

2. Was the meaning of the phrase different in this context?

3. Could this statement be considered as cooperating or not cooperating with the officer?

4. How could a man whose career seems devoted to the sensitivity of race issues conduct himself in such a manner?

Sounds like this guy might be another great product of Affirmative Action policies.

Boxcar

Greyfox
07-26-2009, 03:09 PM

Question: How could a man whose career seems devoted to the sensitivity of race issues conduct himself in such a manner?
a) he had a few "wobbly pop"
b) when he retires from Harvard he wants to bump Al Sharpton
c) he wanted his 15 minutes in the sun
d) years of hostility towards white authority boiled over
e) he has a "you can't do this to me" syndrome
f) he irrationally saw himself as a "victim of racial profiling"
g) all of the above

Best answer for full marks: g

Marshall Bennett
07-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Crap like this goes on and blacks keep complaining about a seemingly stagnant sense of progress with race relations . It will never improve , especially when the president ( black himself ) sticks his nose in cases such as this and makes a complete ass of himself . Blacks need to look no further than their own race in truely understanding the underlying problem . This in all reality should have been nothing more than an isolated case at the local level , dealt with accordingly , not to have been put on center stage for the nation to judge as an example . Another strike for race relations . Keep up the good work .

Tom
07-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Greyfox, looks they are all to have a few wobbly pops in the White House.
Hope Gates gets a DWI on is way home! :lol:

That cop is not too fussy who he drinks with - two PBI racists.......why bother - you already know wht is going down. Watch out for a bus outside the Oval office. Obama has a proven track record in cases like this.
The Jerk N cheif.

Warren Henry
07-26-2009, 05:25 PM
That cop is not too fussy who he drinks with - two PBI racists.......why bother - you already know wht is going down. Watch out for a bus outside the Oval office. Obama has a proven track record in cases like this.
The Jerk N cheif.

If the two of them try to convince him to go into a closed room with them by himself, it will be a sucker punch. I pray he is smart enough not to fall for it.

Tom
07-26-2009, 06:20 PM
If the two of them try to convince him to go into a closed room with them by himself, it will be a sucker punch. I pray he is smart enough not to fall for it.
Ah yes, the old "one lies and the other swear to it."
That is right of the playbook of community organizing.
I think at least 80% of the IQ points in that meeting will be hind a badge.
We have already seen what Gates is - just in what he said the other day....yo momma - is that common at Harvard? :lol:

cj's dad
07-26-2009, 07:57 PM
This whole thing is like a re-run of a "Twilight Zone" episode; cue Rod Serling!

Sid
07-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Serling (the Rod one): "In a distant corner of cyberspace, visitors from another planet look in on a thread and wonder three things. Will I flick the ashes of this cigarette on the carpet? Will no one step up to explain that the president of the United States used the word 'calibrate' in a perfectly acceptable, even communicative, fashion? And when making observations about what one would do if one were Sgt. Crowley and the president invited him to the White House for a beer with Professor Gates, shouldn't one calibrate that observation with the fact that the West Wing beerfest was Sgt. Crowley's idea?"

Indulto
07-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Serling (the Rod one): "In a distant corner of cyberspace, visitors from another planet look in on a thread and wonder three things. Will I flick the ashes of this cigarette on the carpet? Will no one step up to explain that the president of the United States used the word 'calibrate' in a perfectly acceptable, even communicative, fashion? And when making observations about what one would do if one were Sgt. Crowley and the president invited him to the White House for a beer with Professor Gates, shouldn't one calibrate that observation with the fact that the West Wing beerfest was Sgt. Crowley's idea?"Who do you think you are confusing people with facts? :lol:

JustRalph
07-26-2009, 10:20 PM
This could only get better if Crowley would have tased him........

now that would have been good............

Tom
07-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Try and change the subject however you want, but the fact remains, and this is undeniable by anyone, the president inappropriately opened his mouth and made comments that were baseless. And classless - but, then what do you expect from low-rent people like Obama? The PBI even dissed his own gramma! Trash N Chief.

Who invited who is a minor deal - I think Crowley has nothing to gain by legitimizing there two racists.

Tom
07-26-2009, 10:22 PM
This could only get better if Crowley would have tased him........

now that would have been good............

Keep a good thought for the meeting! :lol:

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2009, 05:07 AM
shouldn't one calibrate that observation with the fact that the West Wing beerfest was Sgt. Crowley's idea?"None of the articles I have read today have even hinted this is reality.

After a phone call from President Barack Obamahttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2.gif (#) urging calm in the aftermath of his arrest last week, Gates said he would accept Obama's invitation to the White House for a beer with him and Cambridge police Sgt. James Crowley.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32155606/ns/us_news-race_and_ethnicity/

Sid
07-27-2009, 07:21 AM
None of the articles I have read today have even hinted this is reality.
Jeez, don't you guys know that the mainstream media is exceedingly unreliable with little details like this?

For instance, the copy cribbed and posted at the Fox web site agrees with you: Obama extended the invitation Friday in phone calls to the two men as he tried to calm a furor over racial profiling and his comments this week that the police "acted stupidly" in arresting Gates. He invited both to share a beer.

On the other hand, here's a blogger ( http://blogitical.com/2009/07/26/louis-gates-james-crowley/ ) who appears to have respect for tracing down what could be called "crucial nuances": Reuters is reporting that Dr. Louis Gates has agreed to meet Sgt. James Crowley over a beer…at the White House with President Obama! At Sgt. Crowley’s suggestion, President Obama agreed to host the two at the White House in order to move on and learn from this “teaching moment”.

What's a poor news consumer to do -- assuming the news consumer gives a rat's ass about these things. I mean, another cyberspace newsoid which reported even what Crowley was drinking when Obama dropped the dime has it your way: Crowley was drinking a Blue Moon beer when Obama invited Crowley and Gates, Jr. over to the White House for a beer and some conversation. State Sen. Anthony Galluccio first brought up the idea of Crowley and Gates getting together earlier this week.

But then, if you watched Sunday's ABC evening news (I know, I know, hopeleslly lefty -- jeez, does this board understand what lefty means any better than Gates understands what "rogue cop" means?) you saw a reporter and a camera and the owner of that same bar discussing the president/police conversation, and you heard the reporter say that it was Crowley who made the suggestion and Obama who made the invitation.

At 4:48 of the following clip of Obama's trip to the press room on this subject ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXXhGwnPmqE ) you will find Obama saying "there was discussion about he and I and Professor Gates having a beer here at the White House." Not that the White House had initiated the idea. (One is invited, by me, to think about that.)

Here is Reuters getting it right: WASHINGTON (Reuters) - . . . Obama later telephoned both men and, on Crowley's suggestion, invited the two to the White House for a beer.

We still have a few newspapers, one of them being the New York Times, which have enough reporters and editors to give that rat's ass about crucial nuances, and which reported ( http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/us/politics/25gates.html?scp=3&sq=Crowley%20beer%20White%20House&st=cse ): . . . Mr. Obama said, Sergeant Crowley suggested that he and Professor Gates come to the White House to share a beer with the president. Mr. Obama then conveyed that idea in his phone call with Professor Gates.

If anyone read my post on this incident back when it happened, you'll find that it was kind to neither Gates nor Obama . . . and in fact, to the extent it took sides, sided with Sgt. Crowley. So far I have no reason to change any of my assertions of fact or opinion.

Or this one: State Sen. Anthony Galluccio first brought up the idea of Crowley and Gates getting together, that was fodder for discussion at the cop bar where Obama's phone call found Crowley, Crowley took the baton and ran with it. That's about 3/5 on my value line.

Tom
07-27-2009, 08:00 AM
Who the hell cares?
The only issue here is the president opened his big fat mouth, totally uninformed, and made himself look like and idiot and further alienated people in this country. He gave us good look into his real self - a flaming racist bigot!

andymays
07-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Obama said this was a "teachable moment"!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/07/an_obfuscatable_moment.asp

Excerpt:

Today, on Fox News Sunday, Juan Williams came up with a fine formulation, in the context of the Henry Louis Gates imbroglio:

"But in this situation, the president spoke without the facts. And so you can't have a teachable moment if it's based on a lie."

Good Job Juan!

Tom
07-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Lessons to be learned -

>Keep you racist mouth shut until you know the facts ( but truth has been a big concern of President Hussein).

>Don't yell racist remarks to a cop as he is giving you a pass and walking away.

>Racism is a huge problem.....for African Americans.

< You can dress him up and send to Harvard, but you can't change his true nature. Gates is much like Wright.

Marshall Bennett
07-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Lessons to be learned -

>Keep you racist mouth shut until you know the facts ( but truth has been a big concern of President Hussein).

>Don't yell racist remarks to a cop as he is giving you a pass and walking away.

< You can dress him up and send to Harvard, but you can't change his true nature. Gates is much like Wright.
< Don't continue going through life feeling that because you're black and important you're entitled to a free pass , although in most cases you probably are . Until this changes in America , you and your kind will be disliked by society in general .

NJ Stinks
07-27-2009, 11:47 AM
< Don't continue going through life feeling that because you're black and important you're entitled to a free pass , although in most cases you probably are . Until this changes in America , you and your kind will be disliked by society in general .

Your use of the phrase "society in general" is a joke. Like it or not the majority in this country like Obama. To be accurate your last sentence should have read:

"Until this changes in America, you and your kind will be disliked by me and my kind." :lol:

boxcar
07-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Your use of the phrase "society in general" is a joke. Like it or not the majority in this country like Obama. To be accurate your last sentence should have read:

"Until this changes in America, you and your kind will be disliked by me and my kind." :lol:

MB's statement is right on the mark and has nothing to do with BO. It has to do blacks who go around in life with a victimization-entitlement attitude (read: "big chip on shoulder").

Boxcar

mostpost
07-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Lessons to be learned -

The problem is differing definitions of racism.
To an African American racism is a white man assuming the African American can't do a job as well, or shouldn't live in a white neighborhood, or is lazy, or is untrustworthy, or is a criminal, or is stupid.

To some white men (look in the mirror) racism is an African American pointing out the above.

mostpost
07-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Who the hell cares?
The only issue here is the president opened his big fat mouth, totally uninformed, and made himself look like and idiot and further alienated people in this country. He gave us good look into his real self - a flaming racist bigot!
Hey Sid, You are fairly new here, but I am sure you have already noticed that Tom's motto is "I've made up my mind already, stop confusing me with the facts"

lsbets
07-27-2009, 12:12 PM
To an African American racism is a white man assuming the African American can't do a job as well, or shouldn't live in a white neighborhood, or is lazy, or is untrustworthy, or is a criminal, or is stupid.

To some white men (look in the mirror) racism is an African American pointing out the above.

Or to some white men, racism is when a highly paid professional and educated black man who can't control his temper, has a giant chip on his shoulder, lives in a city with a black chief of police, a black mayor, in a state with a black governor, and nation with a black President - decides that when a white police officer comes to his house to protect his property that he is being persecuted and held down because he is black, and the black President, who admittedly does not know the facts, automatically takes up for his friend and publicly disparages the reputation of the white officer, who by all accounts is one of the finer examples of a public servant we can find.

Gates is a racist, Obama is just a fool.

cj's dad
07-27-2009, 12:13 PM

If you are an African-American, you have just made a racially charged statement. That statement shows that it is you who has a problem with your self esteem.

If you are not, then you are the racist for assuming that you know how every A-A in the country feels and thinks.

BTW- what dictionary did you get that racism definition from? Was it the same one one you used to justify (falsely) BO's use of the word "calibrate"?:lol::D

Marshall Bennett
07-27-2009, 12:14 PM
< Don't continue going through life feeling that because you're black and important you're entitled to a free pass , although in most cases you probably will get one . Until this changes in America , you and your kind will be disliked by society in general .
There was an inacurracy in my post NJS , the sentence has been corrected and is highlighted . Everything else is very accurate .

cj's dad
07-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Or to some white men, racism is when a highly paid professional and educated black man who can't control his temper, has a giant chip on his shoulder, lives in a city with a black chief of police, a black mayor, in a state with a black governor, and nation with a black President - decides that when a white police officer comes to his house to protect his property that he is being persecuted and held down because he is black, and the black President, who admittedly does not know the facts, automatically takes up for his friend and publicly disparages the reputation of the white officer, who by all accounts is one of the finer examples of a public servant we can find.

Gates is a racist, Obama is just a fool.

General questions re: this fiasco:

1- Did the neighbor who called police live in the area and if so, did she know gates/ Could have been planned you know.

2- gates just returned from China and assuming the flight is as long as I suspect- did he arrive "drunk"?

3- Why did he prolong the confrontation when it is clear that the officer was leaving his home.

I think there is a reasonable chance this entire thing was scripted.

Sid
07-27-2009, 12:21 PM
BTW- what dictionary did you get that racism definition from? Was it the same one one you used to justify (falsely) BO's use of the word "calibrate"?
Just to the left of the screen I am typing into is my copy of the OED compact edition. I won it in a poker game -- from an editor of Webster's III. I spent several decades writing and editing professionally, both in journalism and elsewhere. Still do, actually. My assertion is that there was nothing wrong with Obama's usage of the word, and that it was in fact a dandy choice of word. Shall we kick that one back and forth in detail and citation by citation?

Sid
07-27-2009, 12:23 PM
I think there is a reasonable chance this entire thing was scripted.
Just like the question at the press conference was "planted"? Other than the announced subject of the press conference (health care), the question about the Cambridge incident would be the one absolutely anyone would have most expected to be asked.

mostpost
07-27-2009, 12:24 PM
If you are an African-American, you have just made a racially charged statement. That statement shows that it is you who has a problem with your self esteem.

If you are not, then you are the racist for assuming that you know how every A-A in the country feels and thinks.

BTW- what dictionary did you get that racism definition from? Was it the same one one you used to justify (falsely) BO's use of the word "calibrate"?:lol::D
I'm not talking about every African American (which I am not). I am stating a general definition which I believe most African Americans could agree with. It is not a dictionary definition.

Neither is my second definition from the dictionary. But it is an accurate reading of the impression that you, and Tom, and PA, and many others give in your posts here.

And my interpretation of Obama's use of the word calibrate was absolutely correct. Words do not have to be used only in their narrowest context, and his use of the word perfectly fit the legitimate dictionary definition I gave.
What it comes down to is Obama is much smarter than you. Modesty prevents my making further comparisons. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Tom
07-27-2009, 12:50 PM

Your points have absolutely nothing to do with the incident or my post.
Try harder next time.

ddog
07-27-2009, 12:52 PM
He could have kept his big, racist yap shut -- at the very least until he had all the facts. Or better yet, let an isolated incident like that be handled at the local level. But then again, we all know how much this narcissist relishes bullying from his bully pulpit, don't we?

Boxcar

"Bring IT ON!"

:D

Tom
07-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Hey Sid, You are fairly new here, but I am sure you have already noticed that Tom's motto is "I've made up my mind already, stop confusing me with the facts"

Again, your post makes no sense. Read my post - Sid's drift had nothing to do with the topic about Obama.

Now, have you or any of the LEFT changed your minds on this? Why am I the only one who has already made up my mind?

I based my posts on facts as they have been made public, no speculation - we KNOW Gates came out in public hollaring, calling the offer names, being un-cooperative, we know Obama made a stupid remark with no facts.
We know that a neighbor made a 911 call that was answered in a neighborhood with a history of break ins, we know that the call said there were two men.......what we do know. know is what was said between the two men inside, and I have not speculated what the officer said or did, only what we know he was called out to investigate.

Sure looks to me like is YOU who have already made up your mind.

As the question being a plant, we know for a fact that the "reporter" who asked it was contacted by the White House the night before and told she would be called on. We know for a fact Obama orchestrates his conferences as to get called on, so it being a plant is highly possible.

ddog
07-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Your points have absolutely nothing to do with the incident or my post.
Try harder next time.

as it seems your post had anything to do with the facts(?) of the case or your vast understanding of the issues involved.

Maybe a little "cross species" bonding would help you. :faint:

Tom
07-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Just like the question at the press conference was "planted"? Other than the announced subject of the press conference (health care), the question about the Cambridge incident would be the one absolutely anyone would have most expected to be asked.

And one any reasonable person would expect not to be answered with no facts.

But, the rush to judgment by the so-called president was that the WHITE people acted stupidly. That goes to his complete lack of character and his racist roots that are quite obvious.

Tom
07-27-2009, 01:04 PM
as it seems your post had anything to do with the facts(?) of the case or your vast understanding of the issues involved.

I said the point of this was Obama spoke with no facts to back him up. Do you have a problem understand that idea? Can you find someone to read it slowly for you? I see nothing difficult to understand about the situation.

Crawley could have barged in, shouted "Die N__" and tazed the guy in his privates and it would not change the situation one bit - OBama did know what happened and he assumed the white guys was stupid. That,ddog, is the wway it wwas.

Sid
07-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Read my post - Sid's drift had nothing to do with the topic about Obama.
My posts here have had everything to do with the Cambridge incident and with this board's reaction to it.

As the question being a plant, we know for a fact that the "reporter" who asked it was contacted by the White House the night before and told she would be called on. We know for a fact Obama orchestrates his conferences as to get called on, so it being a plant is highly possible.
Look, I am NOT an Obama fan -- though reading what gets posted around here will, I am becoming convinced, make me one. But, speaking of drift, let me put it this way . . . I spent a lot of years doing the work you are talking about, and I am telling you that a question regarding the Cambridge incident would be the choice of 99 out of 100 reporters or editors. If you wish to believe planting is an issue in that case . . . that somehow, the White House had to go undercover to get Cambridge raised in that press conference . . . that's just amazing.

Warren Henry
07-27-2009, 02:08 PM
I am telling you that a question regarding the Cambridge incident would be the choice of 99 out of 100 reporters or editors. If you wish to believe planting is an issue in that case . . . that somehow, the White House had to go undercover to get Cambridge raised in that press conference . . . that's just amazing.

I think most of us might concede that the question itself was not planted.

However, as you state 99 out of 100 reporters or editors would want to ask a question about the Cambridge incident. Wouldn't the White House know this just as well as you do?. If so, wouldn't we have to surmise that Obama and his staff had given prior thought to how he might address such a question?

IMO, he made the statement he intended to make. That is the part that was scripted.

Again, IMO, the President had no business making ANY statement here other than "I do not know the facts. I am sure that the folks on the scene will get it sorted out properly" or something to that effect.

boxcar
07-27-2009, 02:30 PM

You're living proof how far wrong a lab experiment can go. Why would Tom want to follow in your steps? :bang:

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Someone wanted to know about the woman who made the call:

Police also released the 911 call that led to the incident.

The caller, Lucia Whalen, says she saw two men pushing on the door of the house. She tells police she is not sure if the men live there or not. When pressed for a description by a dispatcher, she says one of the men may have been Hispanic.In an earlier statement by her attorney, Whalen — who has not spoken publicly — said she only saw the backs of the two men and did not know their race when she made the call. Whalen, who works nearby, called because she had been aware of recent break-ins in the area and wanted to correct "misinformation" suggesting that she placed the call because the men on the porch were black.

"Contrary to published reports that a 'white woman' called 911 (police) and reported seeing 'two black men' trying to gain entry into Mr. Gates home, the woman, who has olive colored skin and is of Portuguese descent, told the 911 operator that she observed 'two men' at the home," the statement read.

The statement by attorney Wendy Murphy said Whalen has been very upset by news reports she believes have unfairly depicted her as a racist.

"She doesn't live in the area. She is by no means the entitled white neighbor ... That has been the theme in the blogs and the implication in some of the mainstream news media," Murphy said in a phone interview Monday.

"She didn't know their race, and it's very clear that she called not because of what they looked like but because of what they were doing."

Source:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32169213/ns/us_news-race_and_ethnicity

boxcar
07-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Drats! You mean this whole flap wasn't really about race profiling after all?
Looks like our mighty fine prez got a wee bit ahead of himself on this one. :lol:
This is what happens when runaway lips outrun the brain.

Boxcar

mostpost
07-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Someone wanted to know about the woman who made the call:

Source:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32169213/ns/us_news-race_and_ethnicity
Thanks for posting that. So we find that the woman who made the call was not a snooty neighbor who doesn't even know who lives next door.

Permit me to summarize my thoughts on this subject. Who was wrong in this episode? Everyone.

Gates was wrong to scream at the officer. It would have been so much better for him had he cooperated. Why did he act as he did? Part of it could have been that blacks feel (Rightly or wrongly doesn't matter) that they are "profiled" by the police. CJ's Dad pointed out the long flight from China and Gates may have been "drunk". I think he was referring to jet lag. I think that is a legitimate possibility. When I worked at the PO, my usual starting time was 9AM. Occasionally, due to sick calls, I was called in to start as early as 4AM. I was NOT my usual charming, lovable self those times.

Perhaps Sgt. Crowley couod have ignored the actions of Professor Gates and walked away. Maybe he could have tried harder to defuse the situation. Since I was not there, I am not able to answer any of those questions.

As for Obama; if he was wrong to say the police acted "stupidly" then he corrected that in later statements. A fact which is ignored or discounted by many here.

This whole thing reminds me of what happens in many neighborhoods. Two kids get in a fight or argument, and the parents get involved. The next day the kids are playing together again, while the parents are shooting each other dirty looks for the next year.

mostpost
07-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Looks like our mighty fine prez got a wee bit ahead of himself on this one. :lol:

Boxcar
All that said was that the woman did not mention race. The question is did Sgt. Crowley react as he did because Professor Gates is Black? Did Professor Gates think Sgt. Crowley was profilling him? What happened is not nearly as important as how we perceive what happened.

chickenhead
07-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Police Report:

In the police report, filed by Crowley, he says he spoke with Whalen outside the home before he approached Gates' house.

"She went on to tell me that she observed what appeared to be two black males with backpacks on the porch of Ware Street," the report says. "She told me that her suspicions were aroused when she observed one of the men wedging his shoulder into the door as if he was trying to force entry."

Her story:

"Let me be clear: She never had a conversation with Sgt. Crowley at the scene," Murphy told CNN by phone.

That's a fairly large discrepancy, no?

ddog
07-27-2009, 06:21 PM

Boxcar

Now that's from the lips of the EXPERT.
In your case it doesn't require running at all.

:lol:

boxcar
07-27-2009, 06:21 PM
All that said was that the woman did not mention race. The question is did Sgt. Crowley react as he did because Professor Gates is Black? Did Professor Gates think Sgt. Crowley was profilling him? What happened is not nearly as important as how we perceive what happened.

Or did Crowley not "react" at all but simply responded to a routine police call, as he was trained to do? What a novel idea, eh? :bang:

Your use of the term "react" with respect to Crowley is revealing, given its definition. And if he did "react", then why couldn't the basis for reaction have been Gates' belligerence? Police tend to not react positively toward bad 'tudes. And these do not equate with race.

Furthermore, you're conveniently overlooking the fact that Crowley's history in dealing with blacks is stellar and is well documented and supported in the police department. Given Crowley's superb record in this area, why would you assume or even suggest, for that matter, that all of sudden he reacted negatively toward someone on the basis of his color?

You're spitting into strong gusty headwinds, Mr. Mosty. Make sure you clean yourself up.

Boxcar

ddog
07-27-2009, 06:25 PM
tudes don't equate with getting arrested.
especially in ones own home.

To cut to the chase, it seems the cop wanted gates outside, of course he wanted that so he could arrest, thus the tummultous rap.

That needed to happen outside to get something to stick.

The force dropped the charge at once, that's all you need to know.

Many people have gone to court/jail over less, when the "brothers" drop the thing like a hot rock, you know they are looking to sweep it under the rug.

Else, why dis the "brother" like this.

boxcar
07-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Now that's from the lips of the EXPERT.
In your case it doesn't require running at all.

:lol:

And in your case, your cerebral motor room flooded out long ago, which in turn has shorted out your mouth.

Boxcar

Marshall Bennett
07-27-2009, 07:12 PM
And in your case, your cerebral motor room flooded out long ago, which in turn has shorted out your mouth.

Boxcar
:lol: funny stuff :lol:

andymays
07-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Must Watch Video!

African American Detectives in support of Crowley! One African American Female Detective says she will not support or vote for Obama in the future!

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/07/27/must-see-cambridge-cop-says-she-wont-vote-for-obama-again-after-gatesgate/

cj's dad
07-27-2009, 08:45 PM
. Modesty prevents my making further comparisons.

Cliff-

Wow, I guy who mad his living delivering the g d mail - whew - tough job - glad you didn't go postal on your co-workers or customers.

Were you confused when the postal service went to the enhanced zip codes- must have taken you months to recover from that shock or to calibrate my words, am I correct to assume that you are another govment leech sucking our economy dry?

mostpost
07-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Or did Crowley not "react" at all but simply responded to a routine police call, as he was trained to do? What a novel idea, eh? :bang:

Your use of the term "react" with respect to Crowley is revealing, given its definition. And if he did "react", then why couldn't the basis for reaction have been Gates' belligerence? Police tend to not react positively toward bad 'tudes. And these do not equate with race.

Furthermore, you're conveniently overlooking the fact that Crowley's history in dealing with blacks is stellar and is well documented and supported in the police department. Given Crowley's superb record in this area, why would you assume or even suggest, for that matter, that all of sudden he reacted negatively toward someone on the basis of his color?

You're spitting into strong gusty headwinds, Mr. Mosty. Make sure you clean yourself up.

Boxcar
GEEZ!!!!!Take a course in reading comprehension!!!!
You said that the 911 call proves there was no racial profiling because the woman making the call did not mention the race of the two men.

I say that the woman has nothing to do with it. It is the interaction between Gates and Crowley that determines whether profiling or racism occured. My purpose was to dispute your assessment of the MSNBC story. I made no judgements as to whether Crowley was profiling.

mostpost
07-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Must Watch Video!

African American Detectives in support of Crowley! One African American Female Detective says she will not support or vote for Obama in the future!

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/07/27/must-see-cambridge-cop-says-she-wont-vote-for-obama-again-after-gatesgate/
Cops will always support cops. It proves nothing.
Again let me say I don't know who was right or who was wrong. Most likely both. What I object to is you righties, conservatives, neo-cons (whatever you call yourselves) using the most inane, unimportant incidents to vent your irrational, despicable hatred of Obama. I would even be happy if you ever got any of those event right. :bang: :bang:

Warren Henry
07-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Again let me say I don't know who was right or who was wrong. Most likely both. What I object to is you righties, conservatives, neo-cons (whatever you call yourselves) using the most inane, unimportant incidents to vent your irrational, despicable hatred of Obama. I would even be happy if you ever got any of those event right. :bang: :bang:

When/if Obama does anything notworthy for the good of the country or for anyone else besides himself, we will so note.

BTW, how are his relatives in poverty getting along. The ones who can't do anything for him - thus not worthy of anything at all from him.

mostpost
07-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Cliff-

Wow, I guy who mad his living delivering the g d mail - whew - tough job - glad you didn't go postal on your co-workers or customers.

Were you confused when the postal service went to the enhanced zip codes- must have taken you months to recover from that shock or to calibrate my words, am I correct to assume that you are another govment leech sucking our economy dry?
Did you not notice the winky guys? There were nine of them!!!! One uses them when one is saying something outlandish and wants everyone to know that he knows it is outlandish. Who is smarter? Don't know.....doesn't matter.
Reading your stuff in the horse racing section, I'd say you are pretty smart.
You are probably pretty smart here too. You're just working with bad information. NOTICE: No winky guy.

As for delivering the mail, you could not be more wrong. In the town where I worked the average route had 450 to 500 stops. The average house had four steps. That's 1800 to 2000 steps to climb each and every day. And every one of those steps you go up, you have to go down. Do this every day in 95 degree heat, in pouring rain, in ten below zero cold, in snow, in sleet, in freezing rain, then tell me what an easy job it is. And in those snow storms, what percentage of your patrons shovel their walks and stairs?

I don't know any carriers who have been on the job more than ten years who don't have some physical problems; bad back, bad feet, bad knees, carpel tunnel from casing their route.

In case you think I am just feeling sorry for myself, I was only a carrier fior two years. I found it a very difficult occupation, so I became a clerk. And while there are tougher jobs, I'll just say I worked as hard as most people and did every job assigned to me and did it conscientiously.

boxcar
07-27-2009, 09:38 PM
GEEZ!!!!!Take a course in reading comprehension!!!!
You said that the 911 call proves there was no racial profiling because the woman making the call did not mention the race of the two men.

I say that the woman has nothing to do with it. It is the interaction between Gates and Crowley that determines whether profiling or racism occured. My purpose was to dispute your assessment of the MSNBC story. I made no judgements as to whether Crowley was profiling.

I see that you didn't bother cleaning yourself up, especially all that goo stuck in your eyeballs. In the post that you're responding to, I said NOTHING about any woman. You're confusing me with someone else.

Go back and reread my post again and then try responding intelligently to it. I know it's asking a lot, but give it another shot.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
07-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Mostpost, obviously working for the post office is a tough job whether you are walking a route, dealing with the public from behind the counter, or sorting thousands of letters in a back room every day. Especially if you work in a decent-size town.

I heard somebody say something like: "How come people always blast the post office when I can send a letter 3,000 miles, have it delivered in 3 days, and it costs less than 50 cents to send it?" It's a good question.

mostpost
07-27-2009, 09:57 PM
:bang: I see that you didn't bother cleaning yourself up, especially all that goo stuck in your eyeballs. In the post that you're responding to, I said NOTHING about any woman. You're confusing me with someone else.

Go back and reread my post again and then try responding intelligently to it. I know it's asking a lot, but give it another shot.

Boxcar
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: I'm not going to bother. You will never get it

andymays
07-27-2009, 10:04 PM

Gates was the bigest fool in all of this and Obama made a huge mistake to comment on it without having all the facts. Obama assumed the Cops were at fault and he paid a huge price for his rush to judgement.

I do not hate Obama but I do disagree with the far left agenda!

boxcar
07-27-2009, 10:44 PM
:bang:
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: I'm not going to bother. You will never get it

Au contraire. I got it perfectly. As I stated in my last post to you, I knew it was asking a lot of you.

Boxcar

cj's dad
07-27-2009, 10:51 PM
, and his use of the word perfectly fit the legitimate dictionary definition I gave.
What it comes down to is Obama is much smarter than you. Modesty prevents my making further comparisons. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Arrogant comments like this lead to smart - ass replies like mine- and by the way you alluded to retirement from the USPS. Hope you have a nice retirement. Sorry if my comments were over the top. However do not think that I can not hold my own in any discussion as a result of what you percieve to be a diminished IQ.

I will defend myself.

mostpost
07-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Arrogant comments like this lead to smart - ass replies like mine- and by the way you alluded to retirement from the USPS. Hope you have a nice retirement. Sorry if my comments were over the top. However do not think that I can not hold my own in any discussion as a result of what you percieve to be a diminished IQ.

I will defend myself.
:ThmbUp:

cj's dad
07-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Maybe BO should make a statement about this incident that occurred over the weekend. Oh wait, he won't. It's black on black violence- no big deal. except maybe for the mother of the little one who was shot.
I know he doesn't have all the facts but then again that hasn't stopped him before.

At least 17 people were shot and two killed in separate incidents Sunday night, including a shooting at a backyard cookout in East Baltimore that left 12 people injured. Among the victims in that shooting were a pregnant woman and a 2-year-old girl, police said.

mostpost
07-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Mostpost, obviously working for the post office is a tough job whether you are walking a route, dealing with the public from behind the counter, or sorting thousands of letters in a back room every day. Especially if you work in a decent-size town.

I heard somebody say something like: "How come people always blast the post office when I can send a letter 3,000 miles, have it delivered in 3 days, and it costs less than 50 cents to send it?" It's a good question.
Slightly off the topic at hand but some interesting stats about mail delivery
http://www.ask.com/bar?q=how+many+pieces+of+mail+does+the+united+stat es+postal+service+deliver+each+day%3F&page=1&qsrc=0&ab=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usps.com%2Fcommunications%2Fnew sroom%2Fpostalfacts.htm

The numbers surprised me.

NJ Stinks
07-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Slightly off the topic at hand but some interesting stats about mail delivery
http://www.ask.com/bar?q=how+many+pieces+of+mail+does+the+united+stat es+postal+service+deliver+each+day%3F&page=1&qsrc=0&ab=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usps.com%2Fcommunications%2Fnew sroom%2Fpostalfacts.htm

The numbers surprised me.

Me too! One number in particular that I wasn't aware is this:

0 Tax dollars received for operating the Postal Service

You learn something every day. :)

Tom
07-28-2009, 08:19 AM

That is pure nonsense - there is no evidence at all that Crowley did anything wrong. There is documented fact that Gates was out of control and Obama was out of line. You think the president calling cops stupid with absolutely no facts to back him up is not a serious problem?????

And your first sentence - you are calling all cops liars. That tells me all I need to know about YOU. You disgust me. This guy answers a call at night, about a break in, and shows up to protect the owner's property, knowing that there were tow men there and only one in the kitchen, and you have the gall to call him a profiler and a liar?????? What a poor excuse of a person you are. What a waste of time you are.

Calhoun
07-28-2009, 08:44 AM
That is pure nonsense - there is no evidence at all that Crowley did anything wrong. There is documented fact that Gates was out of control and Obama was out of line. You think the president calling cops stupid with absolutely no facts to back him up is not a serious problem?????

And your first sentence - you are calling all cops liars. That tells me all I need to know about YOU. You disgust me. This guy answers a call at night, about a break in, and shows up to protect the owner's property, knowing that there were tow men there and only one in the kitchen, and you have the gall to call him a profiler and a liar?????? What a poor excuse of a person you are. What a waste of time you are.
Actually, the police arrived at Gate's house around 12:45 pm.

Tom
07-28-2009, 09:29 AM
I guess cops don't get shot in daylight. :bang:

boxcar
07-28-2009, 11:10 AM

This is what I was trying to understand when he talked about Crowley's "reaction". Now we know why Mosty would say this. All cops are presumed guilty -- guilty of lying. In fact, this also explains why BO jumped on this little train, too. He, like Mosty, assumed the cop did something wrong. This is typical of the liberal mindset.

But it even gets better from a liberal's point of view because the cop now has to prove a negative. To satisfy liberals, the cop has to prove he did nothing wrong. He has to prove his innocence. No one has to prove his guilt. Cute. Welcome to AMERIKA!

Boxcar

mostpost
07-28-2009, 02:14 PM

About a year ago there was an incident in Chicago. An off duty police officer was refused service at a bar. The officer was over 6 feet tall and weighed 260 lbs. The lady behind the bar weighed less than 120 lbs. Enraged the officer jumped over the bar and began beating on the bar maid. He knocked her to the floor and continued kicking and beating her. A patron of the bar called 911.
When officers arrived, the officer who perpetrated the attack told them that he had the situation under control. The responding officers left without further investigating.
When the barmaid filed a complaint, other polce officers stood by their comrade. The problem was there were civilian witnesses and there was a video. Even then the officer claimed he had been attacked by the 120lb. bar maid and was only protecting himself.
Again, in this case, other officers said that they were confident in his innocence. Even in the face of eyewitness and video evidence to the contrary.
Some of these officers were reacting to the code to always back your partner. Some, who knew the facts, were simply lying.

And now we find out that the woman who made the phone call claims she did not make some of the statements which Crowley put in his report. What reason would she have to lie about that? And if she diodn't lie than who did.

Your saying that cops don't lie is naivete of the highest order.

mostpost
07-28-2009, 02:26 PM
And your first sentence - you are calling all cops liars.

My first sentance was "Cops will always support cops". That does not necesarily equate to calling all cops liars. Most of the statements were of the variety "I know Sgt. Crowley...I know he wouldn't do that." That is an opinion. It is worth the same as everyone else's opinion.

As far as "Do cops lie"? Cops are human. Humans lie. Everyone of them.

Tom
07-28-2009, 02:29 PM
More BS.
The police department and the union both agree Crowley followed procedures.
You add that "probably both of them" with no facts to back you up.
Like I said, I know all I need to about you now.
:kiss:

andymays
07-28-2009, 02:29 PM

My first sentance was "Cops will always support cops". That does not necesarily equate to calling all cops liars. Most of the statements were of the variety "I know Sgt. Crowley...I know he wouldn't do that." That is an opinion. It is worth the same as everyone else's opinion.

The Black Cops and the White Cops and whatever other color of Cops that were there that stood by Crowley showed a lot of class and integrity by standing up for the truth in this case.

Calhoun
07-28-2009, 03:00 PM
The Black Cops and the White Cops and whatever other color of Cops that were there that stood by Crowley showed a lot of class and integrity by standing up for the truth in this case.
You'd think all those classy and high integrity cops might have kept Crowley from writing his report to reflect the 911 caller told him she saw "two black males" entering the residence when, according to her lawyer, she didn't say anything to Crowley about the race of the men she saw.

Probably just an honest mistake.

andymays
07-28-2009, 03:16 PM
You'd think all those classy and high integrity cops might have kept Crowley from writing his report to reflect the 911 caller told him she saw "two black males" entering the residence when, according to her lawyer, she didn't say anything to Crowley about the race of the men she saw.

The Race of the person involved only seems to matter to you and Gates and a few members of the media who seem to want it to be about race!

Tom
07-28-2009, 03:23 PM

So you just assume the lawyer is telling the truth ( :lol: ) and the cop is lying.

Why?

Calhoun
07-28-2009, 03:24 PM
The Race of the person involved only seems to matter to you and Gates and a few members of the media who seem to want it to be about race!
You left out Obama.

And you've got to be joking, at least as to the comments from posters here regarding this subject.

Probably just an honest mistake, right?

Calhoun
07-28-2009, 03:28 PM
So you just assume the lawyer is telling the truth ( :lol: ) and the cop is lying.

Why?
No, I don't assume that. That could be the case.

Then again, why would it morph from her being able to ID one of the men as "maybe hispanic" to Crowley reporting she refererred to the men as "two black males?"

And why hasn't Crowley or his boss directly addressed this?

Two interesting questions. Do you care to opine?

andymays
07-28-2009, 03:29 PM
You left out Obama.

And you've got to be joking, at least as to the comments from posters here regarding this subject.

Probably just an honest mistake, right?

Gates made it a race thing from the beginning. Gates did a disservice to all those that have been profiled or might be in the future. None of the evidence points to racial anything on the part of the Cops or the witness!

Tom
07-28-2009, 03:31 PM
No, he has hit the nail right on the head - it is a racial situation based solely on the racist involved - Gates and Obama.

Look at the cop's record - he TEACHES racial tolerance
Look at Gates - his comments alone expose him as a racist PMI.
Obama - look at the company he keeps - Bill Ayres, Rev Wright, Gates, a bunch of racist terrorists.

:lol: and some dimwits actually believe the cop was in the wrong. :lol:

boxcar
07-28-2009, 03:40 PM

Wow! I barely know where to begin to dig you out of the horse manure-filled hole you've dug for yourself! I shouldn't even bother. I should just let you stew in your dark ignorance and drown in your multiple contradictions.

If "cops will ]always support cops" -- NO MATTER WHAT -- because you used the absolute term "always", then this does imply that they'll render that support anyway necessary, including covering up for one another, including lying for each other, etc., etc. Whatever it takes, they'll give that support because this is what these lowlife cops do. If cops fail to do this, then this renders your statement false and useless because telling the truth about another cop would not be very supportive of him, would it? :bang: :bang: So, yes, when you made that stupid statement, you were essentially saying all this. Knockout punch number one. Knockout punch #2 coming right up next.

Secondly, then you went on to essentially state that all opinions are created equal with your use of the term "same". The horse pill that you're trying to get us to swallow is that uninformed opinions, generally, are just as good, just as valid, just as accurate as informed ones! :bang: :bang: BO's opinion, uninformed as it was, is just as valid as those of the people who actually know Crowley, his work ethic, his background, etc.
BO didn't know didley squat about this cop before he skydived without a chute off the cliff with his mouth leading, yet, in his ignorance, his uniformed opinion is just as good as the informed ones!? :bang: :bang: Okay, round three coming up.

Finally, you made a classic error in logic. Yes, humans do lie, including YOU, although I see that you omitted yourself from this group by employing the phrase, "everyone one of them". So, what does this make you? A sinless God Almighty? A perfect saint? An alien from outer space? What? :bang: :bang: But I digress...The fact that all we humans lie does not necessarily equate with all the time or under all circumstances. Or for that matter, does it equate with an identical sense. Some of us may tell a little "white, harmless" lies, while others may not be so disinclined at telling harmful or malicious lies for selfish purposes. We humans are a wee bit more complicated than what you portray us as. Therefore, the fact that we humans lie is a meaningless, over-simplistic and absurd statement because this doesn't mean that the cops on Crowley's police force or anyone else who knows Crowley are lying or would NECESSARILY lie if he had done something wrong.

After the this last knockout punch, you should be ashamed to show your face on this forum -- but I know you know no shame. Just my opinion, of course. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Calhoun
07-28-2009, 03:41 PM
So, why not one (or both of you) take a shot at how the cop's written report is WAY different from the woman's recorded 911 call?

Go ahead and give it a shot.

Sid
07-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Crowley's report has nothing to do with the 911 call. He didn't hear it. She didn't send him to the scene, central dispatch did.

On the other hand Crowley and the woman do dispute the conversation, or lack thereof, they had at the scene.

The woman, like most any eyewitness, is probably irrelevant anyway -- she said there were two "larger" guys on the porch, and Gates is of course very slight in stature and weight . . . so if if Crowley DID have any "eyewitness" report in mind when he went up the steps, the first thing that would occur to him based on her story would be: "Are there two 'larger' guys inside, and why?"

I frankly don't understand why anyone who leans toward either habitual political/social/racial viewpoint would keep scrumming over the facts of the incident.

From a cop point of view, the most important thing is he went up to the door ALONE, with the possibility that even if the good professor were truthful about his identity, there could be serious problems afoot, and the professor oughta step out, where everybody would be safer. The professor refused, and it all went downhill -- quite possibly with lots of help from everyone involved.

From a professorial point of view . . . ah, well, no point in offering up that side in this particular forum.

But jeez, no important facts have emerged since the first day this became a public issue. There's nothing to hassle about except ideology and one's assumptions.

If this had been a serious incident a trial board would have been convened. If there were a citizen complaint there'd be a less formal inquiry. Since it is neither (unless Gates changes his apparent mind), but it IS a national issue now, one expects there will be some kind of discovery process. Unless one doesn't do such things after the two antagonists have gone to the White House for a beer. At the cop's suggestion.

mostpost
07-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Wow! I barely know where to begin to dig you out of the horse manure-filled hole you've dug for yourself! I shouldn't even bother. I should just let you stew in your dark ignorance and drown in your multiple contradictions.

If "cops will ]always support cops" -- NO MATTER WHAT -- because you used the absolute term "always", then this does imply that they'll render that support anyway necessary, including covering up for one another, including lying for each other, etc., etc. Whatever it takes, they'll give that support because this is what these lowlife cops do. If cops fail to do this, then this renders your statement false and useless because telling the truth about another cop would not be very supportive of him, would it? :bang: :bang: So, yes, when you made that stupid statement, you were essentially saying all this. Knockout punch number one. Knockout punch #2 coming right up next.

Secondly, then you went on to essentially state that all opinions are created equal with your use of the term "same". The horse pill that you're trying to get us to swallow is that uninformed opinions, generally, are just as good, just as valid, just as accurate as informed ones! :bang: :bang: BO's opinion, uninformed as it was, is just as valid as those of the people who actually know Crowley, his work ethic, his background, etc.
BO didn't know didley squat about this cop before he skydived without a chute off the cliff with his mouth leading, yet, in his ignorance, his uniformed opinion is just as good as the informed ones!? :bang: :bang: Okay, round three coming up.

Finally, you made a classic error in logic. Yes, humans do lie, including YOU, although I see that you omitted yourself from this group by employing the phrase, "everyone one of them". So, what does this make you? A sinless God Almighty? A perfect saint? An alien from outer space? What? :bang: :bang: But I digress...The fact that all we humans lie does not necessarily equate with all the time or under all circumstances. Or for that matter, does it equate with an identical sense. Some of us may tell a little "white, harmless" lies, while others may not be so disinclined at telling harmful or malicious lies for selfish purposes. We humans are a wee bit more complicated than what you portray us as. Therefore, the fact that we humans lie is a meaningless, over-simplistic and absurd statement because this doesn't mean that the cops on Crowley's police force or anyone else who knows Crowley are lying or would NECESSARILY lie if he had done something wrong.

After the this last knockout punch, you should be ashamed to show your face on this forum -- but I know you know no shame. Just my opinion, of course. :rolleyes:

Boxcar
Your profile does not say what your occupation was, but I know. You were a Philadelphia Lawyer. Using technicalities and and inaccurate assumptions to win your arguments. That may work with Tom and your other conservative friends, but it won't work with me or any other sensible person.
Perhaps I should have said "In cases like this " cops will always support cops. But, it really doesn't matter because you will always find some little thing to misrepresent and argue about. Something to confuse the issue.
99% of sensible people will understand that cops will do their utmost to support the people they work with. They will do so even in the face of evidence to the contrary. They will fool themselves to do so. This doesn't mean they are bad; it just means their opinion can't be relied on.

I said. "That is an opinion. It is worth the same as everyone else's opinion. I should have said anyone else's opinion.

Where did I say that all humans lie all the time and under all circumstances? Where did I say there is no difference between a little white lie and a harmless or malicious lie told for malicious purposes? And where did I seperate myself from the human race and claim that I never lie?

NJ Stinks
07-28-2009, 06:43 PM
I wish I had got here sooner but I was reading Serpico - the true story about a NY police officer who not only didn't lie but was proactive when working with liars! :p But I digress.

First off, what is all this crap like:

....That tells me all I need to know about YOU. You disgust me. This guy answers a call at night, about a break in, and shows up to protect the owner's property, knowing that there were tow men there and only one in the kitchen, and you have the gall to call him a profiler and a liar?????? What a poor excuse of a person you are. What a waste of time you are.

and

After the this last knockout punch, you should be ashamed to show your face on this forum -- but I know you know no shame. Just my opinion, of course. :rolleyes: Boxcar

Are we going back to third grade here and I missed the announcement?

Secondly, Obama was right. It was stupid to arrest Gates. Even if Tom talked to a cop (and Mostpost is that cop!) like he addressed Mostpost here I would say the officer shouldn't arrest Tom after Tom proved he was in his own home and didn't break the law. Doesn't mean Gates should have mouthed off either. Gates was stupid too.

Lastly, I am willing to bet Mostpost, Boxcar, and Tom could sit down and have a beer together and actually enjoy the experience. How about Thursday at 6:00pm at Siros? :cool:

Sid
07-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world . . .

New media and the internet are fascinating things.

Have fun boys.

andymays
07-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world . . .

New media and the internet are fascinating things.

Have fun boys.

You got it Sid!

JustRalph
07-28-2009, 07:25 PM
About a year ago there was an incident in Chicago. An off duty police officer was refused service at a bar. The officer was over 6 feet tall and weighed 260 lbs. The lady behind the bar weighed less than 120 lbs. Enraged the officer jumped over the bar and began beating on the bar maid. He knocked her to the floor and continued kicking and beating her. A patron of the bar called 911.
When officers arrived, the officer who perpetrated the attack told them that he had the situation under control. The responding officers left without further investigating.
When the barmaid filed a complaint, other polce officers stood by their comrade. The problem was there were civilian witnesses and there was a video. Even then the officer claimed he had been attacked by the 120lb. bar maid and was only protecting himself.
Again, in this case, other officers said that they were confident in his innocence. Even in the face of eyewitness and video evidence to the contrary.
Some of these officers were reacting to the code to always back your partner. Some, who knew the facts, were simply lying.

And now we find out that the woman who made the phone call claims she did not make some of the statements which Crowley put in his report. What reason would she have to lie about that? And if she diodn't lie than who did.

Your saying that cops don't lie is naivete of the highest order.

you are going to use Chicago cops to indict the rest of the country?

Now that is funny.............. :lol:

The professor fell for the oldest police trick in the world............."Now lets step outside and talk about this"

Calhoun
07-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Crowley's report has nothing to do with the 911 call. He didn't hear it. She didn't send him to the scene, central dispatch did.

On the other hand Crowley and the woman do dispute the conversation, or lack thereof, they had at the scene.

The woman, like most any eyewitness, is probably irrelevant anyway -- she said there were two "larger" guys on the porch, and Gates is of course very slight in stature and weight . . . so if if Crowley DID have any "eyewitness" report in mind when he went up the steps, the first thing that would occur to him based on her story would be: "Are there two 'larger' guys inside, and why?"

I frankly don't understand why anyone who leans toward either habitual political/social/racial viewpoint would keep scrumming over the facts of the incident.

From a cop point of view, the most important thing is he went up to the door ALONE, with the possibility that even if the good professor were truthful about his identity, there could be serious problems afoot, and the professor oughta step out, where everybody would be safer. The professor refused, and it all went downhill -- quite possibly with lots of help from everyone involved.

From a professorial point of view . . . ah, well, no point in offering up that side in this particular forum.

But jeez, no important facts have emerged since the first day this became a public issue. There's nothing to hassle about except ideology and one's assumptions.

If this had been a serious incident a trial board would have been convened. If there were a citizen complaint there'd be a less formal inquiry. Since it is neither (unless Gates changes his apparent mind), but it IS a national issue now, one expects there will be some kind of discovery process. Unless one doesn't do such things after the two antagonists have gone to the White House for a beer. At the cop's suggestion.
So, I guess it boils down to:

1. The Whalen woman is lying about her conversation (or lack of) with Crowley.
2. Crowley lied on his report about Whalen's description of the "two black men."
3. Crowley's mistaken or incompetent in writing his report.

mostpost
07-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Lastly, I am willing to bet Mostpost, Boxcar, and Tom could sit down and have a beer together and actually enjoy the experience. How about Thursday at 6:00pm at Siros?

You buying? ;) ;) ;) Siros is in New York right? You'll have to send the plane tickets too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do not dislike anyone on this board. But I get frustrated when some here espouse the same nonsense over and over in the face of actual evidence to the contrary. The Obama birth stuff. The Al Gore said he invented the internet stuff. (He never said that) The only tax cuts end recessions foolishness. I have posted information disproving the last two more than once. It is ignored. And the same stuff is repeated over and over.

And so much pettiness. Obama covered up a picture (statue?)of Jesus. Obama bowed to a king. Obama odered a sign that said United States removed.

I was seriously considering going to Saratoga to meet some of the guys I argue with. Unfortunately my cat got sick ($1000) and my computer died ($600) so that is not possible this year.

I think one of the problems here is we can't see each other. Can't see expressions. CJ's Dad took offense at my "Modesty prevents further comparison's" remark. Had he been able to see me, he would have realized that I was just agitating and was in no way serious.

I have a number ofconservative friends. I try to help them just as I try to help Tom and Boxcar. :bang:

PaceAdvantage
07-28-2009, 08:16 PM
What I object to is you righties, conservatives, neo-cons (whatever you call yourselves) using the most inane, unimportant incidents to vent your irrational, despicable hatred of Obama. I would even be happy if you ever got any of those event right. :bang: :bang:Funny...replace righties, conservatives, neo-cons, with lefties, liberals, and Obama with Bush, and you get what we had here during the Bush years...

Yet, you were obviously ok with that...since you've been here since 10/07....

Weird how that kind of stuff works...ok to bash one president irrationally, but not another....gotcha...

NJ Stinks
07-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Siros is not only in NY, Mospost, but right across the street from Saratoga Racecourse! :cool:

I hear you about the vet bills. Our cat (Buster) cost us a bundle the last few years. I cursed the bills but I miss that boy tremendously since he passed away last month. :(

PaceAdvantage
07-28-2009, 08:31 PM
At the cop's suggestion.Nice scrum....

boxcar
07-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Your profile does not say what your occupation was, but I know. You were a Philadelphia Lawyer.

Maybe I am one and I never bothered to update my rather sketchy low profile profile.

Using technicalities and and inaccurate assumptions to win your arguments. That may work with Tom and your other conservative friends, but it won't work with me or any other sensible person.

Perhaps I should have said "In cases like this " cops will always support cops. But, it really doesn't matter because you will always find some little thing to misrepresent and argue about. Something to confuse the issue.
99% of sensible people will understand that cops will do their utmost to support the people they work with. They will do so even in the face of evidence to the contrary. They will fool themselves to do so. This doesn't mean they are bad; it just means their opinion can't be relied on.

Now, let's go back to your original remarks to which I responded. Here is what you said:

Originally Posted by mostpost
QUOTE:
UNQUOTE (emphasis mine)

So...cops will "always" do their utmost to support one another, right? Even if this support requires lying? If so, then all cops are liars -- or more accurately -- all are untrustworthy because at the very least, they're all potential liars. All cops are untrustworthy because they would never be unsupportive of another officer, right? They'll do whatever it takes to support their own, right? This is the kind of stereotypical liberal drivel that won't fly with any thinking person. This is a blanket condemnation of all police officers' moral character, and as such is highly offensive. But having said this, be of good cheer because I'm sure your messiah believes this also, which is why he leaped before he looked!

I said. "That is an opinion. It is worth the same as everyone else's opinion. I should have said anyone else's opinion.

Where did I say that all humans lie all the time and under all circumstances? Where did I say there is no difference between a little white lie and a harmless or malicious lie told for malicious purposes? And where did I seperate myself from the human race and claim that I never lie?

You IMPLIED all of these things in these remarks:

First, where did you include yourself in the above statements? You didn't! You didn't because you think you're above all that nonsense. You're superior to everyone else. In other words, you fit right in with your elitist fellow-statists! They don't think for a moment that that their poop stinks either!

When you said "humans lie", this was an unqualified statement. Now that you're backpedaling by saying that you didn't mean that "all" humans lie "all" the time or under "all" circumstances, then this renders your remarks meaningless and absurd because they don't prove that Crowley lied. In fact, they don't even rise to the level of evidence that he did. I could make the same comments and cast the same aspersions upon your character -- just based on the fact that "humans lie" -- "everyone of them". It's a settled issue. You lied about something on this forum today. You had to! It's a given -- providing you're human, of course! :rolleyes:

And finally, not all opinions are created equal. Not all opinions are as valid as others because not all opinions are of the informed type. Therefore, they aren't all worth the "same" (your words!) If you believe so strongly that a grocery clerk's opinion of your health care issues is right on the same level as your doctor's -- carries the same weight as a doctor's -- then I'd suggest you have found the perfect solution to drastically cutting health care costs in this nation and indeed for the entire planet. You're certainly a prime candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

juanepstein
07-28-2009, 09:06 PM
wow a whole different way of thinking a few weeks after the gates ordeal.

go to 2:10..black girl telling a white girl that she shouldnt resist the black cop.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dHqt1f46v3Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dHqt1f46v3Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mostpost
07-28-2009, 10:23 PM

go to 2:10..black girl telling a white girl that she shouldnt resist the black cop.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dHqt1f46v3Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dHqt1f46v3Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
If I could summarize this thread. Some people feel the police acted wrongly in dealing with Professor Gates and that they sometimes act wrongly in other cases. Some people feel the police acted properly and they almost always act properly. You posted a video in which you feel police acted wrongly. Thank you for supporting the viewpoint of my group, the first group. :lol: :lol:

mostpost
07-28-2009, 10:37 PM

The people from Acorn were there in support of the Obama healthcare plan. They had the right to assemble peacably to express their opinion. I am sure they sought and received a permit for their gathering. The job of the police at these events is to maintan order. What happened here is that a two or three people.with a camera....what a shock!!, tried to insert themselves into a demonstration with which they disagreed. Their purpose was not to have a "conversation", it was to cause a distraction. It was their hope and plan to incite a reaction that would discredit Acorn. To their credit, Acorn members did not rise to the bait.
There was a statement on screen to the effect that the demonstration turned into an anti Obamacare demonstration. Total nonsense. Two or three people, people who were members of and sent by the radical right wing group Breakdown of America, were opposed to Obama and Obamacare. Everyone else was there to support healthcare reform

lsbets
07-29-2009, 06:59 AM
If I could summarize this thread. Some people feel the police acted wrongly in dealing with Professor Gates and that they sometimes act wrongly in other cases. Some people feel the police acted properly and they almost always act properly. You posted a video in which you feel police acted wrongly. Thank you for supporting the viewpoint of my group, the first group. :lol: :lol:

Or maybe people looked at this incident and made their judgments based on this incident. You know, maybe some people can think for themselves and are not non stop Obama?ACORN apologists.

Tom
07-29-2009, 07:49 AM
No, I don't assume that. That could be the case.

Then again, why would it morph from her being able to ID one of the men as "maybe hispanic" to Crowley reporting she refererred to the men as "two black males?"

And why hasn't Crowley or his boss directly addressed this?

Two interesting questions. Do you care to opine?

Yes, I opine it makes no difference whatsoever.
The president acted stupidly no matter how you cut it.
So did Gates.

Tom
07-29-2009, 07:51 AM
So, why not one (or both of you) take a shot at how the cop's written report is WAY different from the woman's recorded 911 call?

Go ahead and give it a shot.

Makes no difference. He did not hear the 911 call. His report was made on the scene by him. You are just trying to divert attention the two real issues here - the president is a moron and Gates is a racist lose cannon. Period.

Calhoun
07-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Yes, I opine it makes no difference whatsoever.
The president acted stupidly no matter how you cut it.
So did Gates.
So, I'll assume you think Crowley lied and is incompetent.

No other reason to evade opining.

Tom
07-29-2009, 10:29 AM
So, I'll assume you think Crowley lied and is incompetent.

No other reason to evade opining.

You are ridiculous.
I opine you are a waste of my time.

I do not know nor care what was said between he and the woman on the scene. You cannot profile when you are called to a scene - you deal with what is there. The fact remains, gates went wacko and that is disturbing the peace.

cj's dad
07-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Tom, Boxcar, Just Ralph, Isbets and every other common sense person on this site that has a brain:

we are wasting out time criticizing BO:

1-he is a democrat
2-he is black (I think)
3- he is hip
4- he is a socialist
5- his friends are "cool"
6- the media loves him
7- his kids are cute
8- he lies, so he fits in with the media and Congress
9- he drinks beer and smokes- so he must be an "average Joe"
10- and finally - If something happens to him - OMG- Joe Biden :bang:

ddog
07-30-2009, 02:56 PM
http://www.slate.com/id/2223673/

There are the things you can try when confronted by a cop, and there are the things that you can't—or had better not. Last Memorial Day, I was going in a taxi down to Washington, D.C.'s Vietnam Memorial when a police car cut across the traffic and slammed everything to a halt. Opening the window and asking what the problem was and how long it might last, I was screeched at by a stringy-haired, rat-faced blond beast, who acted as if she had been waiting all year for the chance to hurt someone. (She was wearing a uniform that I had helped pay for.) I often have a hard time keeping my trap shut, but I saw at once that this damaged creature was aching for trouble and that it would cost me days rather than hours if I supplied her with any back chat. (I think it was the mad way she yelled, "Because I can!" and "Because I say so!") She was so avid with hatred that I didn't even try to get close enough to ask or see her name or number. The whole thing, especially my own ignoble passivity, gnaws at me still when I reflect upon it. But it didn't, if you understand me, reinforce any humiliating folk memory. Indeed, I had more or less forgotten it until recently

more there

There are many racist in the country and those who deny that are lucky I guess in the people they run into or so blind or deep in the kool-aid they can't admit to it.

Any of the chief deniers on this board would never stand for what goes on in many situations with blacks in this country.

Is this cop a racist, who knows, you don't and neither do i.

Did he act in a manner I would not tolerate, from what I know, yes.

Not in my house.

Tom
07-30-2009, 03:14 PM
It was the resident of the house, no the cop, who caused the commotion.
That is why he was arrested.

The cop had every right to be there and to investigate. He was told there were two men possibly breaking in. It was his DUTY to find out where the two men were.

They could have been hiding in the other room with a gun on Gates ( too bad there weren't!)

What Gates apparently ignores is that the cop was there to protect him and perhaps at his own risk to life and limb. That certainly warranted a "Yo momma!" from this gutter trash professor.

toetoe
07-30-2009, 03:54 PM
cops will do their utmost to support the people they work with

I presume you include lying, cheating, stealing and covering up under the umbrella of their utmost.

So if I generalize that black people will pull the race card and make excuses when caught in bad behavior, must you be a hardheaded shyster lawyer if you disagree ?

Help me out. I need to understand this logic. Maybe my fear and mistrust of police needs a re-calibration.

mostpost
07-30-2009, 05:31 PM
I presume you include lying, cheating, stealing and covering up under the umbrella of their utmost.

So if I generalize that black people will pull the race card and make excuses when caught in bad behavior, must you be a hardheaded shyster lawyer if you disagree ?

Help me out. I need to understand this logic. Maybe my fear and mistrust of police needs a re-calibration.
Here is a video of police in Hollywood, Florida conspiring to protect an officer involved in a rear end collision.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/hollywood/sfl-hollywood-cops-fake-report-b072809,0,350771.story
The officer rear ended a woman who stopped suddenly when her cat jumped out of the window. The investigating officer altered his report to state that she had swerved over a lane before slamming on her brakes. This was untrue.
On the video you can hear the officer talking about protecting a cop.
The woman was intoxicated, and for that she should have been prosecuted.
However, when prosecutors review the video posted here, they were forced to drop all charges. The officers involvec are on Administrative leave pending review of the incident.

Greyfox
07-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Here is a video of police in Hollywood, Florida conspiring to protect an officer involved in a rear end collision......

Ho hum, do I see here the same sampling error that the Prez made?
Take one incident, generalize it, and paint the police with tar.

mostpost
07-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Ho hum, do I see here the same sampling error that the Prez made?
Take one incident, generalize it, and paint the police with tar.
Ho hum yourself. The point is; just because the police say something, does not make it so. Does every officer do this in every case and everytime? Of course not. But it happens enough that we should be concerned. To deny that fact is naive.
I'm not tarring the police with anything.
The purpose of posting this video is to show that these things do happen. So many people here are saying that the police never act inappropriately. That is as inaccurate as saying they always act inappropriately.

mostpost
07-30-2009, 07:57 PM
I just watched Sgt. Crowley's press conference following his beer bash at the White House. He was forthright and impressive. He said that there were no apologizes and none will be forthcoming. He also was complimentary of Professor Gates, and said the two of them have planned to meet again.

It seems that Sgt. Crowley and Professor Gates have determined that it is best to move forward. It also seems they are willing to continue the discussion on a more amicable basis. Good for them.

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2009, 08:46 PM
I guess Obama can now take hold of that "Great Uniter" mantle that the left loved to dig Bush with back in the day...after all, great things were accomplished here bringing Crowley and Gates together over a beer.

This White House get together has to rank right up there with Sadat/Begin....

andymays
07-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Black cop in Gates arrest sends letter to Obama about being called an Uncle Tom!

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/07/30/wow-black-cop-in-gates-arrest-sends-letter-to-obama-about-being-called-an-uncle-tom/

Excerpt:

A black sergeant who was at the home of Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. when he was arrested says he’s been maligned as an “Uncle Tom” for supporting the actions of the white arresting officer.
Cambridge Sgt. Leon Lashley gave a letter to Sgt. James Crowley to give to President Barack Obama during their so-called beer summit with Gates on Thursday night at the White House.
In the letter, which was also sent to CNN, Lashley says Gates “may have caused grave and potentially irreparable harm to the struggle for racial harmony.”

Investorater
07-31-2009, 12:47 AM
Personally speaking,I am in agreement with post #2,which basically put it into perspective. It is interesting that the Obama administration,attempted to turn Obama's outspokeness,into a positive, through a beer. I can imagine(and this is sheer speculation)his advisors telling him to make this gesture,in order to appeal,(to what I will call)the common man,of which I am a member,since I also imbibe. Is this a teaching moment?

Tom
07-31-2009, 08:43 AM
Interesting that the State Run Media and the libs in general attacked both the woman who made the 911 call and the Black officer who was just in a photo with absolutely no facts whatsoever. Ditto the Dumbo N chief.

Yes, this was a learning opportunity.....right out of Alinsky's playbook.
The prez blew it, end of story.

toetoe
08-03-2009, 06:45 PM
black sergeant says he’s been maligned as an “Uncle Tom”

I apologize for my white liberal brethren, who I believe are overrepresented in the Tomcalling chorus. Just my hunch, and "ignorance" in the usual sense is not an excuse here.

I must mention that I am reminded of Cornel West's remark (maybe his best, most scholarly bit ever) that Thomas Sowell --- I'm pretty sure CW called him Brother Sowell --- "is arguably the whitest man in America."

Now, ignoring the implicit statement that whiteness itself is somehow inappropriate, that is gutbustingly hilarious, and in multiple ways. :D .

Indulto
08-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I apologize for my white liberal brethren, who I believe are overrepresented in the Tomcalling chorus. Just my hunch, and "ignorance" in the usual sense is not an excuse here.

I must mention that I am reminded of Cornel West's remark (maybe his best, most scholarly bit ever) that Thomas Sowell --- I'm pretty sure CW called him Brother Sowell --- "is arguably the whitest man in America."

Now, ignoring the implicit statement that whiteness itself is somehow inappropriate, that is gutbustingly hilarious, and in multiple ways. :D .Dear Uncle Toe,
"I resemble that remark." The only Tom I have ever considered avuncular is our own monkey's brother of the see no good persuasion. If Bill Clinton could be considered America's first black president, why shouldn't Sowell be seen as its whitest scribe.

Meanwhile, why not watch some Cornell GREEN video for a change? "The Naked Prey" might be a good choice considering your contention that the tom tombeating chorus is less than colorful.;)

toetoe
08-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Cornell GREEN ... "The Naked Prey"

What a deliciously confused, conflated and confabulated hodgepodge of mishmashery and miscellaneous mischief, or even mayhem, maybe.

Heavens to Mergatroid, where to begin ?

How wonderfully forgivable is your assigning Cornel Wilde's first name to Jimmy Johnson's Olympian brother Rafer, and somehow ending up with Cowboy (okay, Young Man of Cow) great Cornell Green.

Of course, giving the dark role to a gringo bespeaks an intolerable streak of imperialism on the part of the auteur.

Please don't think I've been smoking rafer, but I think Jimmy was the best of them all.

Sincerely,

Admitted 49'ers Fan

Indulto
08-06-2009, 06:16 PM
What a deliciously confused, conflated and confabulated hodgepodge of mishmashery and miscellaneous mischief, or even mayhem, maybe.

Heavens to Mergatroid, where to begin ?

How wonderfully forgivable is your assigning Cornel Wilde's first name to Jimmy Johnson's Olympian brother Rafer, and somehow ending up with Cowboy (okay, Young Man of Cow) great Cornell Green.

Of course, giving the dark role to a gringo bespeaks an intolerable streak of imperialism on the part of the auteur.

Please don't think I've been smoking rafer, but I think Jimmy was the best of them all.

Sincerely,

Admitted 49'ers FanMr. Wilde was indeed the intended substitute. The "Green" is Richard Green who appeared with Wilde not only in a movie, but apparently in a synapse collapse-induced vision as well. Immodest incarceration in Ithaca's immortal institution is imminent.

toetoe
08-07-2009, 03:40 PM
We hear The Adventures of Robin Hood star Richard "Big Dick" Greene made Marian. Also, Dickie reportedly reached a state of, erm ...emanance.