PDA

View Full Version : The advantages of Brisnet?

gonatas
05-13-2003, 09:10 AM
I'm an old Racing Form guy. After they added the Beyers and some of the other improvements I am pretty happy with using the Form exculsively for my handicapping. But I notice that the internet generation seems to favor the Brisnet products. I guess I have always been suspicious of a of ratings and figures that are offered without a lot of explaination.

Anybody care to comment?

BTW, I recently discovered this board and I am very impressed. There seems to be a lot of thoughtful people here who love the game.

JustRalph
05-13-2003, 09:49 AM
Most of the Brisnet stuff that I think is any good, comes ready to import into your favorite software. The other stuff is kind of "the usual stuff" if you ask me. Click this link and download or open an example of what it looks like in Equisim. There are a ton of other programs you can use the Bris data in. I use a couple programs. The example below doesn't have all the bells and whistles turned on, but has most of them. Check it out.

http://www.justralph.com/CDX2002_race1.pdf

You can also right click and "save target as" to download it first.

This is the first race from Derby Day at CDX 2002

:D

betovernetcapper
05-13-2003, 09:56 AM
I started reading the Form when it cost $1.50 and you had to tear the pages apart. I still enjoy handicapping with the form. Why would I ever use Bris/Tsn? It's free if you make a $2 bet at Brisbet. Bris/HDW/TSN also are more software friendly-many programs are designed to accept their data. You pays your money and takes your choice. :)
BTW, I just won a 3 month subscription to the DRF-so I'm going to be using it a LOT.

ceejay
05-13-2003, 09:57 AM
Also, if you bet with BRIS, their Ultimate PP's are free (on cards which you bet).

BETKING
05-13-2003, 04:10 PM
I have an account with brisbet and only the $1.00 PDF pp's are free if you bet on the race with them. They give you a .20 percent discount on your monthly bill also. They are also other free items for their customers. The Profit Line numbers are built in their tote board. You will find them under "Tools". These numbers are terriffic and I use them every day.

BETKING

ranchwest
05-13-2003, 04:21 PM
At least through May, all of the PDF PPs are free on condition of wager on that track through BRIS, including the Ultimate PP w/Comments, usually $3.

JimG
05-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by BETKING
The Profit Line numbers are built in their tote board. You will find them under "Tools".
BETKING

Thanks for the tip here. I had not noticed.

JimG

Rferguson
05-14-2003, 06:45 PM
i can't find tools any where

hurrikane
05-14-2003, 07:49 PM
I can't even find my tool! :mad:

JustRalph
05-15-2003, 01:59 AM
Look under your Shed!