PDA

View Full Version : Tote odds and estimated payoff possible?

kenwoodallpromos
07-23-2009, 03:53 AM
Does anyone know if it is done now, or even possible, for toteboards, ADW sites, etc, to show tote odds AND estimated payoffs both? I'm thinking newbies would have an easier time figuring return for a win!

Dave Schwartz
07-23-2009, 05:19 AM
Sure. All the time.

Even ATR will do that.

dutchboy
07-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Does anyone know if it is done now, or even possible, for toteboards, ADW sites, etc, to show tote odds AND estimated payoffs both? I'm thinking newbies would have an easier time figuring return for a win!

Toteboard odds X 2 plus the $2.00 bet. How could anyone with at least a third grade education not be able to understand that and need to have it shown?

macguy
07-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Toteboard odds X 2 plus the $2.00 bet. How could anyone with at least a third grade education not be able to understand that and need to have it shown?

:D

I've known a lot of racetrackers that weren't very smart, probably didn't even have a high school education, yet within seconds they were able to calculate their probable win payouts no matter what the base wager.

I suppose we all have the abilities, it just depends what we want to use them on. :)

Dave Schwartz
07-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Let's give the guy some credit here.

I think he meant that instead of seeing 2/1 he wanted to see (say) $6.00 or $6.80.

We do that in our software. It helps tell you whether a horse is a high 2/1 or a low 2/1.

ryesteve
07-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Let's give the guy some credit here.

I think he meant that instead of seeing 2/1 he wanted to see (say) $6.00 or $6.80.

We do that in our software. It helps tell you whether a horse is a high 2/1 or a low 2/1.
Given that the horse is going to end up at 7/5 by the time they hit the quarter pole anyway, I'm not sure this is helpful information...

rastajenk
07-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Balmoral shows payoffs instead of odds. I don't like it; seems unnatural to me for some reason.

Dave Schwartz
07-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Steve,

LOL - Can't disagree with that.

Dave

Anderon
07-23-2009, 01:39 PM

My toteboard program does it. My payoffs are figured with the top 3 chalks, which would be your lowest or worst possible payoff for place and show.

formula_2002
07-23-2009, 01:45 PM
what i'd like them to post is the PROJECTED final odds.
That could really screw things up!! :)

kenwoodallpromos
07-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Maybe the idea is silly; I just think some potential new bettors may rather see payoffs instead of something over /1, /2, /5, /9, and changing to other fractions during the post parade. Maybe a listing in the back of the program of possible odds, listed from shortest odds to longest would be the simplest idea?
Handicapping is IMO more heavy with arithmetic than many bettors of other types of gambling (like slots) would like?

formula_2002
07-24-2009, 08:03 AM
My toteboard program does it. My payoffs are figured with the top 3 chalks, which would be your lowest or worst possible payoff for place and show.

A, how it the tote board data down loaded into your computer?

thanks

Anderon
07-24-2009, 05:38 PM
A, how it the tote board data down loaded into your computer?

thanks

Formula, I have a live feed for all the tracks that updates every 10-15 seconds. My program then displays then info the way I want to see it (how I designed it). What you are seeing here is just a very small glimps at what all my program does. :)

titans1127
07-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Xpressbet shows the approximate win, place, and show probables for each race. Not always correct but it gives a good ballpark estimate.

Warren Henry
07-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Formula, I have a live feed for all the tracks that updates every 10-15 seconds.

I am new to this part of the game. How/where do you obtain the live feed?

PaceAdvantage
07-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Maybe he's scraping an online tote board and has a timer set for 15 seconds....calls it a live feed for dramatic effect?

Anderon
07-25-2009, 02:14 PM
I am new to this part of the game. How/where do you obtain the live feed?

Hi Warren...I'm sorry but I can't disclose where I obtain my live feed for contractual reasons. The reason being that I hit their server every 5-10 seconds or so for the tote info. I've been with this company for over 13 years now and I was one of the 1st ones with them. Many of you may even remember the very first online toteboard that came out called Tracklink, I was one of the very first ones with them back in the day.The reason for the contract was that I had to agree to wager somewhat of a large amount each and every month to maintain my feed and repeatedly hit their server as often as I do. I am one of a very very few that this is provided to as I have to have up to the second tote totals to be able to do what I do. The reason that I have to do this by contractual reason is that you could imagine if they allowed everyone to hit their server every 5-10 seconds it just simply would not handle it. I'm allowed to hit it every second if I wanted to but I have my program internally set to pull the tote info in every 5-10 seconds. I have virtually every single track available to me, thoro, quarter, harness and even the greyhounds. The only thing I can think of that you can obtain as far as online toteboard info is thru any of your ADW's. :)

Warren Henry
07-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi Warren...I'm sorry but I can't disclose where I obtain my live feed for contractual reasons.

Thanks for the reply - even though it wasn't what I hoped for :)

PaceAdvantage
07-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Sounds like Anderon is scraping the tote, like every other mere mortal (myself included). If it were truly a live feed, he wouldn't have to "hit" anything...it would be just like a stock market feed...

And this contract thing is absurd. I hit my online ADW tote provider every 10-20 seconds (depending on how I feel when I wake up in the morning) and I haven't heard boo from them....:lol: