PDA

View Full Version : Yes or No for the Nancy/Christina show?

JustRalph
07-22-2009, 05:46 PM
This between race fashion show is starting to get on my nerves............ :bang:

I feel like I am watching the Bravo network............

redshift1
07-22-2009, 06:21 PM
They are a nice break from the men and their contrived camaraderie.

Tom
07-22-2009, 06:52 PM
We need more horses and fewer asses.
MOP MOP MOP

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Man, 78 views already and only 8 votes...odd....maybe I should open up voting to everyone and not just registered members...:lol:

castaway01
07-22-2009, 07:05 PM
1) They're relatively attractive females
2) I'm heterosexual
3) I'm not relying on TVG for handicapping knowledge

So, I'm in favor of them.

Tom
07-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Me too, because I am out Ipecac. :p

turfnsport
07-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Anything that takes time away from the talking head Pick 4 and Pick 6 hysteria is a good thing.

cj
07-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Anything is better than the handicapping.

fmolf
07-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Anything is better than the handicapping.
rather look at the woman than the men!they both have some nice gams as well

CincyHorseplayer
07-23-2009, 12:09 AM
This adds a whole new meaning to the Pick 4.

miesque
07-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Well I voted for the last option on the poll primarily because I prefer to see people doing what they they were hired to do because in general thats what they are the most qualified to be talking about and hence provides the best value added material. If I did want to watch fashion TV, I would look elsewhere much the same as if I want culinary TV content I am not switching to a hockey game, as much as I enjoy hockey.

Speaking of fashion and Del Mar, I do have to comment that I have never been to a track where silicon or peroxide were more pervasive, in fact it wins that award in a complete landslide.

JustRalph
07-23-2009, 01:02 AM
I would rather they had a paddock cam

just pan the paddock and let me see the horses as they come in

forget the hats, forget the former coach of the Minnesota Vikings, just show us the horses.............

Heather
07-23-2009, 02:49 AM
I would rather they had a paddock cam

just pan the paddock and let me see the horses as they come in

forget the hats, forget the former coach of the Minnesota Vikings, just show us the horses.............

I enjoy Christina in interviews around the paddock and so on. I don't care for Nancy at all. She is "a lot" on the silly side.

Get back to the horses, PLEASE!

bigmack
07-23-2009, 03:49 AM
I have a standing policy. If I find myself watching anything but an actual race on TVG I know that I am using my time frivolously. I've come to figure there are better uses of my time between races.

Turns out, I was right.

JBmadera
07-23-2009, 06:42 AM
I have a standing policy. If I find myself watching anything but an actual race on TVG I know that I am using my time frivolously. I've come to figure there are better uses of my time between races.

Turns out, I was right.

exactly! don't want to think about how much $$$/time I've wasted flipping over to the AP feed to watch Jessica mess with her hair. New rule: only watch post parades and races, otherwise just handicap.

RichieP
07-23-2009, 07:08 AM
This adds a whole new meaning to the Pick 4.

:lol::lol::ThmbUp:

ManeMediaMogul
07-23-2009, 07:10 AM
1) They're relatively attractive females
2) I'm heterosexual
3) I'm not relying on TVG for handicapping knowledge

So, I'm in favor of them.

EXCELLENT POST!

(Especially in light of the fact that Matty and Ken are clueless.)

BUD
07-23-2009, 09:12 AM
I dont know much of what is being talked about--But I do know that Mike who does a great job here has some detractors @ the TV25CentG Community Forum--

Canarsie
07-23-2009, 09:45 AM
It would have been better if they weren't so cheap and brought High Definition to their channel. :lol:

They do brag that their web site has the best video available why not bring it to the people who watch on tv?

Tom
07-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Do you really want to look at the talking heads in High Def? :eek:

Bochall
07-23-2009, 10:32 AM
The only good paddock work done by TVG is their All Access for Hollywood on Sunday afternoons. Don't know if they will do it for Del Mar. Paddock interviews with trainers, owners, etc is great stuff. That being said; I don't play Cali and have cancelled my account with TVG (sorry,but TwinSpires BLOWS THEM AWAY!). Their "California Uber Alles" approach has turned this NY bettor off. Their problem is that a good handicapper/broadcaster is HARD to find. Look at poor Zoe Cadman(ex jock) on HRTV...she needs work in the broadcasting and handicapping dept.....waiting in earnest for one of the DRF print guys to make the jump to one of these networks and help them out.

miesque
07-23-2009, 10:36 AM
The only good paddock work done by TVG is their All Access for Hollywood on Sunday afternoons. Don't know if they will do it for Del Mar. Paddock interviews with trainers, owners, etc is great stuff. That being said; I don't play Cali and have cancelled my account with TVG (sorry,but TwinSpires BLOWS THEM AWAY!). Their "California Uber Alles" approach has turned this NY bettor off. Their problem is that a good handicapper/broadcaster is HARD to find. Look at poor Zoe Cadman(ex jock) on HRTV...she needs work in the broadcasting and handicapping dept.....waiting in earnest for one of the DRF print guys to make the jump to one of these networks and help them out.

There is a pretty good reason why the DRF guys are in print media and not television media.

proximity
07-23-2009, 11:01 AM
There is a pretty good reason why the DRF guys are in print media and not television media.

you mean crist and watchmaker sashaying through a paddock or jerardi modeling the latest line of wal mart sweats wouldn't cause a girl to look up from her pps for even a second?:)

miesque
07-23-2009, 11:16 AM
you mean crist and watchmaker sashaying through a paddock or jerardi modeling the latest line of wal mart sweats wouldn't cause a girl to look up from her pps for even a second?:)

:D Well I am sure there is maybe someone out there that would care but as far as my personal opinion I think pretty much across the board that DRF should stick to the print medium because I would much rather read an article myself then have the DRF writer in question read it to me via internet video (which is pretty much all that the video content on their website is).

BombsAway Bob
07-23-2009, 11:42 AM
I don't know about youse guize, but when I'm at Saratoga I'm rubbernecking at the beautiful scenery passing by... :cool:
Why wouldn't TVG promote this rare racing occurrence to the max?
Australian Racing has a BIG amount of "fashionistas" talking about the gorgeous women at the track on their Big Days... Beats looking at the exacta grid, or the outriders in the post parade (which is what you wind up seeing 70% of the time when tracks DO show post parades)
Besides, who here doesn't have the streaming track feed on in addition to whatever TVG decides to show on air? Surely you're not counting on them to keep you up to the minute on late changes when they're shuffling between 3-4 tracks running concurrently?

Steve 'StatMan'
07-23-2009, 11:53 AM

I have to laughingly agree, glad that I'm not on TV as well. I'm remembering the great line by Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Friar's Club Roast of Chevy Chase "Look at you...even David Crosby says you've let yourself go."

BUD
07-23-2009, 12:27 PM
TV25CentG Makes no Cents to me--On the Brit racing I put as much as I put into NY--Now on Twinspires I can watch what ever Video I want to--Now On Tv25C I can't I have to sign up pay more or wager a hell of a lot more---Now these 3 weeks have been slow for me $$ wise-The Spires have not taken away my Video--They would in time--But TV25G would make me pay what--An xtra 19 Dollars?? I dont even know---

All I know is Personally I don't mind them---As a Business I Loathe Them.

Thats my 25Cents

I don't know about youse guize, but when I'm at Saratoga I'm rubbernecking at the beautiful scenery passing by... :cool:
Australian Racing has a BIG amount of "fashionistas" talking about the gorgeous women at the track on their Big Days... Beats looking at the exacta grid, or the outriders in the post parade (which is what you wind up seeing 70% of the time when tracks DO show post parades)
Besides, who here doesn't have the streaming track feed on in addition to whatever TVG decides to show on air? Surely you're not counting on them to keep you up to the minute on late changes when they're shuffling between 3-4 tracks running concurrently?

Grits
07-23-2009, 12:28 PM

B.A.B., THANKS, Saratoga is a joy!!! Thanks for you and for BigMack, who put up, maybe, his favorite "pick" for opening day at DelMar LOL--and for others who've voted in favor of the "bit of fluff" on TV, its good to know folks who can find something positive and show a fun sense of humor--somewhere. Each of you are ALIVE, and interested in everything around you, not only data, etc., etc.

As PA stated a couple of nights ago, there must surely be a full moon--extended--(I say, particularly, over this place.)

I've not seen, read, or listened to more bitching, more snipping, or more snide comments anywhere . . . . . including in the hospital, recently, where my son spent 10 days with acute bacterial pneumonia. A month home, he's recovering, and still on oxygen.

Anyway . . . . I don't understand the burning need to complain, and find fault with every single thing in horseracing, though, I still, admittedly, can't hang with twitter. LOL

I guess misery loves company and all like that. Its mind boggling to me.

One likes to believe, they can handle some of the real small stuff (like TVG's broadcast, its employees, and synthetic racing surfaces).

One thinks television is tough, hell, spend a day online.:lol:

Where's JoanieD. I miss her. She's a beacon of light here, even if her pick loses a horserace.

I think one of the most interesting facts in all of this--at the racetrack--its the opposite. One doesn't hear this kind of complaining. If they do, they simply move to another spot so as not to be worn down.

Ignore some of what you read online. Go to the track. Its summer--Its Saratoga--Its DelMar. Enjoy all of it. Its good to do so.

Fingal
07-23-2009, 12:37 PM
This between race fashion show is starting to get on my nerves............ :bang:

I feel like I am watching the Bravo network............

Guess I'm not going to Del Mar this year. Evidently shorts, sandals & a t-shirt don't pass for the general admission dress code any more.

BUD
07-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Just to get my point straight--I was ONLY bitching about money---

Nothing personal to any TVG employee--

o boy

JBmadera
07-23-2009, 01:23 PM
exactly! don't want to think about how much $$$/time I've wasted flipping over to the AP feed to watch Jessica mess with her hair. New rule: only watch post parades and races, otherwise just handicap.

unless watching Jessica fan herself on the AP handicapping show I've already broken my new rule.....:bang:

MickJ26
07-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Nancy's a good looking woman, but, her voice is like nails on a chalk board.

Imriledup
07-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Whoever said they were a horse racing network? They are a games network. Nowhere in their 'call letters' does it say horse racing.

Marshall Bennett
07-23-2009, 02:45 PM
TVG is lagging badly behind HRTV when it comes to on-air female host / analyst . Christina does okay , Jill lives in Kentucky ( rarely see her ) , and there's Nancy ( not okay ) . Thats about it . Not good .

rokitman
07-23-2009, 03:39 PM
I doubt that they had the internet knuckle-scrapers who voted in that poll in mind when they thought of that show. That being the case, I'd say they did pretty damn good. The women that the show was intended for would have a far different, and very likely, heavily more favorable opinion. When added to the knuckle-scraper vote, you have a resounding success.

Yes, I know there may be a few women who voted in the above poll and I do apologize for lumping them in with the neanderthals.

I say keep on trying new ideas to bring in new blood- especially women- TVG.

BlueShoe
07-23-2009, 04:03 PM
My vote was for the 3rd option.While I do like Jill,Jan,and Jeannine,they are business like and stick to the main topic,which is horse racing.Yesterdays opener was way too "Hollywood",and the mute button and channel changer were used often.At Del Mar yesterday there may have been more plastic and other synthetic materials in the crowd than there was in the fake track.

netbet
07-23-2009, 04:04 PM
I could watch Ms. Olivares all day long. Very pretty woman in my opinion.

I'll stick with my handicapping....I usually watch the show with the sound turned down low anyway.

Netbet

098poi
07-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Pictures please!!!

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2009, 10:29 PM
I dont know much of what is being talked about--But I do know that Mike who does a great job here has some detractors @ the TV25CentG Community Forum--When they STOP talking about you, then it's time to worry....:lol:

joanied
07-24-2009, 03:14 PM
I voted NO....it's stupid and has nothing to do with why women would watch the show anyway...fashion? Big hats and big boobs....I don't think so :faint:

Now...if they had the Chip'nDale dancers there :lol: