PDA

View Full Version : HTR's Form Cycle Rating

coach_lowe
07-22-2009, 01:08 AM
For the people who use this software, do you find that this is accurate for the most part?

Tom
07-22-2009, 07:37 AM
IT has profitable uses. When combined with other factors, it can be very useful. I never use it as a negative - only a positive.

andicap
07-22-2009, 09:49 AM
I agree with Tom -- except that I have found spot plays where I can eliminate low FC figures. I'm not sure those plays will hold up long-term tho, so Tom might be right in the end.

FC is not meant to work as a standalone figure to measure form cycles the way say, sheets people do. Ken has added some experimental features this month that are aimed at doing that on a more limited basis.

rokitman
07-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Ken Massa is nuts. And that's why you should try his program.

pktruckdriver
07-22-2009, 02:34 PM
I agree with Tom -- except that I have found spot plays where I can eliminate low FC figures. I'm not sure those plays will hold up long-term tho, so Tom might be right in the end.

FC is not meant to work as a standalone figure to measure form cycles the way say, sheets people do. Ken has added some experimental features this month that are aimed at doing that on a more limited basis.

Hey AC , I'm just surious how sheet people measure the FC , and as far as HTR, well I will leave it alone for now, as to me it is like Tom may be part of my tools in the future, but was curious about sheet people.

What are Sheet People, actually, Please??

We all know Ken is awesome, great guy, but sheet people, my lady friend was thinking KKK, sheet people, we know better , but she was unsure.

Thanks

Patrick

JBmadera
07-22-2009, 03:02 PM
I use different FC ranges depending on the type of spot play I am building - like Tom says, I use it in conjunction with many other factors.

jb

coach_lowe
07-22-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm specifically a spot play player and even more specifically dirt races. Most of my play comes from low to mid level claiming races at a wide range of tracks. I asked this question because I'm really unsure when I have multiple contenders at overlaid odds as I'm looking for something to use as an eliminator in those situations. I'm not opposed to two-horse win betting as long as I still have a well defined edge.

JBmadera
07-22-2009, 04:43 PM
I've been tinkering with that a lot myself lately although I haven't used FC ranges for that purpose (mostly using e/p and s/p ratings to break ties depending on the race) - was going to post something on the HTR board once the guys are back from the seminar and h-capping contest.

jb