PDA

View Full Version : Hey, buddy, ya got a spare $24 trillion?

DJofSD
07-21-2009, 06:47 PM
It's being reported the surpressed report from the Treasury's IG is saying the total cost of the banking system bail out will top at $24 trillion. That's about two years worth of the total US GDP.

No wonder Obama is stuffing health care "reform" down our throats.

cj's dad
07-21-2009, 06:50 PM
This guy - BHO- is so far in over his head that if it weren't for the dire consequences of it all, it would be downright laughable.

Marshall Bennett
07-21-2009, 07:16 PM
The destruction is being played out in an orchestrated manner . Its almost as if a conspiracy exist to bring the nation down . Our only hope is that Americans , not only conservatives , not only moderates , but all Americans voice their outrage and say " enough is enough " . Opponents of the Vietnam war did it , why not opponents of American devastation ?

andymays
07-21-2009, 07:38 PM
The destruction is being played out in an orchestrated manner . Its almost as if a conspiracy exist to bring the nation down . Our only hope is that Americans , not only conservatives , not only moderates , but all Americans voice their outrage and say " enough is enough " . Opponents of the Vietnam war did it , why not opponents of American devastation ?

It's really tough to figure why these guys do what they do. It seems to me they are either stupid or trying intentionally to wreck the country.

Ideology seems to trump common sense with Obama and his crew. I know Tom has mentioned Saul Alynski (forgot the spelling) a bunch of times and I think he's right.

mostpost
07-21-2009, 09:18 PM
The $24 trillion represents the maximum exposure if everything goes wrong and no one pays anything back. If that happens; if we reach the Apocalypse;
it really doesn't matter how much it costs. We are already seeing some of the money being repaid. And many of the firms being bailed out were required to post collateral. The folliowing link explains it much better than I can.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/20/bailout-may-cost-237-tril_n_241512.html

I know that some will say "It's Huffington Post :eek: :eek: :eek:
Everything here can be found elsewhere, but this is the one place I found that has it all.

NJ Stinks
07-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Interesting article, Mostpost. :ThmbUp:

I sure it will be well-received! :lol:

mostpost
07-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Interesting article, Mostpost. :ThmbUp:

I sure it will be well-received! :lol:

I still believe in the Easter Bunny :lol:

boxcar
07-21-2009, 10:44 PM
I still believe in the Easter Bunny :lol:

That's very obvious from the way you drooled over your linked article.

Boxcar

riskman
07-21-2009, 11:12 PM
The government is willing to throw boatloads of money at our problems -- the fact that it's our own money, we're asked to overlook.
We're left to either close our eyes and hope it goes away or to operate within its bizarre and contradictory constraints.What we have is a slow bleed, prolonging the ultimate day of reckoning. According to Bloomberg, just $103 billion -- or 13% of the total money allocated -- has been given out. For a country whose gross domestic product is more than $14 trillion, that figure barely registers.

Maybe they will rethink the stimulus plan and find a way to put the money back in our pockets, since it belongs to us anyway.

boxcar
07-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Maybe they will rethink the stimulus plan and find a way to put the money back in our pockets, since it belongs to us anyway.

:lol: :lol: Shirley U. Jest! Unfortunately, the train has left the station, has assumed runaway status and is doomed to wreck. This is the bad news for Americans. The good news for BO is that the wreck will indeed change the face of America forever, which is what he has long wanted.

Boxcar