PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick officially off leash

bigmack
07-21-2009, 02:36 AM
Odd little article:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view/20090721michael_vick_officially_off_leash_let_qb_o ut_of_doghouse/srvc=home&position=also

You hate Michael Vick now for the same reason you drive a Prius or ask for paper when you really want plastic: to show you care. You care more than I do. You care more than your neighbor with two SUVs and no recycling bins. You care more about the earth, the air, the water, the children, and of course, lovable, huggable, innocent little puppy dogs.

I do?

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/7f6735ea02_vick_07212009.jpg

JustRalph
07-21-2009, 04:28 AM
Best Thread Title I have seen in Months............... :ThmbUp: :lol:

Tom
07-21-2009, 07:39 AM
I hope he gets bitten by a dog and gets rabies.
The guy is sub-human. :ThmbDown:

cj's dad
07-21-2009, 10:58 AM
What MV did was reprehensible. Having said that, he did the crime- he did the time - let him move back into society and earn a living.

Who the hell is Roger Goodell to impose additional sanctions over and above a 23 month sentence in a federal facility.

If RG was really "tough", he would suspend the entire Cincinnati Bengals organization for a year for the negativity they have brought to the NFL.

headhawg
07-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Who the hell is Roger Goodell to impose additional sanctions over and above a 23 month sentence in a federal facility.The same reason why regular businesses won't hire felons. Playing in the NFL is not a God-given right.

sandpit
07-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Agreed, he should be allowed to earn a living...even if Goodell does let him back on the field, it will be interesting to see which team(s) will want him. Both NY teams' owners have already said "no way". I'm guessing there will be a mixed reaction from the fans no matter where he ends up, and of course the PETA wackos will be out in full force, "hounding" his every move.

Lefty
07-21-2009, 11:36 AM
He did not do near enough time for the cruelty he imposed on those dogs. For all I care he can earn a living bagging groceries. And I agree with Tom. what sweet irony that would be.

NJ Stinks
07-21-2009, 12:00 PM
I thought 23 months was way too long a sentence. Six months while missing a football season and a year's salary was enough IMO.

LottaKash
07-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Michael who ?....:rolleyes:

Marshall Bennett
07-21-2009, 02:03 PM
I thought 23 months was way too long a sentence. Six months while missing a football season and a year's salary was enough IMO.
... and there are many who feel a parking ticket would be appropriate .

rastajenk
07-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Yo, Daddy-O, you can't seriously compare Vick's actions over an extended period of time with a series of one-time only (except in Chris Henry's case)drunk drivings incurred by several Bengals. Can you?

LottaKash
07-21-2009, 02:11 PM
of course the PETA wackos will be out in full force, "hounding" his every move.

Maybe, for once, they have a "just cause" in all of this...just maybe..

best,

ddog
07-21-2009, 02:12 PM
vick didn't kill or injure any humans during his dog days did he???

1 time drunk driving , caught or not , is 1000X worse than hanging 1000 dogs.

:ThmbDown:

ddog
07-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Maybe, for once, they have a "just cause" in all of this...just maybe..

best,

if in this country we still believe in some form of "time served for the crime done" , then NO THEY DON'T.

if on the other hand as I think is the case, most believe that the justice system in this country is gamed/rigged scam then I guess they have to go on the attack.

JustRalph
07-21-2009, 03:17 PM
I was standing in the Charlotte NC Courthouse today and there was a young black man waiting outside to go into the Domestic Violence court. He was decked out in an Atlanta Falcons hat and a very nice Atlanta Falcons Jersey......#7 with the Name "Vick" in bold letters on the back

All I could think was, "He better hope the Judge isn't a dog lover"

Marshall Bennett
07-21-2009, 03:26 PM
I was standing in the Charlotte NC Courthouse today and there was a young black man waiting outside to go into the Domestic Violence court. He was decked out in an Atlanta Falcons hat and a very nice Atlanta Falcons Jersey......#7 with the Name "Vick" in bold letters on the back

All I could think was, "He better hope the Judge isn't a dog lover"
Sure it wasn't Michael Vick ? :D

Lefty
07-21-2009, 03:56 PM
I think the monster Vick should be doing 23 yrs, not months. If he gets bk in the NFL, I will eschew the league forever or until I die, whichever comes first.

cj's dad
07-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Yo, Daddy-O, you can't seriously compare Vick's actions over an extended period of time with a series of one-time only (except in Chris Henry's case)drunk drivings incurred by several Bengals. Can you?

The Bengals reference was somewhat tongue in cheek. Vick did however serve the sentence imposed on him. That part is over- he will quite possibly be the most scrutinized player ever to set foot on the gridiron again in this day of ESPN- cell phone cameras- etc...

If he has changed as a person then I say give him a shot; if not then so be it.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2009, 12:10 AM
1 time drunk driving , caught or not , is 1000X worse than hanging 1000 dogs.:ThmbDown:Probably not. A drunk driver can cause negative impact on at most a handful of lives.

Wanton cruelty to animals (the hanging of 1000 dogs in your case) is considered to be some sort of psychopathic warning sign that a serial killer may be developing, and he would have negative impact on many more lives than your one time drunk driver.

Just sayin' is all....