PDA

View Full Version : First Granny, now Gates, police are out of control!

slewis
07-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Last month I posted on the Texas police officer tazering "granny" on a routine traffic stop. It's a well known fact that many police officers are out of control in the deep South, but now Cambridge, MA as well???

What the hell is going on. Apperantly Henry Gates Jr., A leading Black scholar, had locked himself out of his house and was trying to force open his own front door when a white woman mistakes him (as usual) for a common criminal.
Racist bitch, how dare she? So she calls police who, upon arrival, notice the house occupied. They ask the occupent, Mr. Gates to peacefully come out and identify himself.

If this isn't the height of racial profiling, I dont know what is!!!
Mr. Gates, a scholarly well educated and respected member of the Harvard community, was appalled, and rightfully so.
Had he been a white elderly scholar, he would have been tazed on the spot.
Nevertheless, the police should have used better discretion.

It just goes to show that regardless of who's in the White House, white people see blacks as common criminals, regardless of their academic accomplishements.

I hope the NAACP attorneys are all over this obvious case of racial profiling and hope Mr. Gates wins a 20 million dollar settlement, to which he donates half to the cause of the Native American Indian.

boxcar
07-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Mind posting the source for this black man's tazin'? You know...a link would be nice.

Boxcar

slewis
07-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Tons of it on AP.. think Slew could make this crap up??

news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1186039

PaceAdvantage
07-21-2009, 12:05 AM
I can't tell if Slewis is being serious or sarcastic...I'm going to lean towards sarcastic because it's late and I trust my powers of intuition after 10 years of doing this....LOL

And to be perfectly honest, if I was breaking into my own house, I would worry that someone passing by would call the police....in all actuality, I WOULD HOPE THEY WOULD call the police!!! :lol:

slewis
07-21-2009, 12:20 AM
:lol:

Only in America......

PaceAdvantage
07-21-2009, 03:13 AM
Once again, Sharpton is proving my point about racism and the Democratic party. Undoubtedly, this over-hyped incident will see more money flow into Democrat party headquarters in the form of donations.

Contrived racism is the best kind, as far as Democrats like Sharpton and the rest are concerned.

Shocking that the police should ask a man reported to be seen breaking into a horse for some sort of identification. Hell, I had to show ID once when the FEDEX guy met me outside my house to deliver a valuable package.

Guess I should have called Al Sharpton....:rolleyes:

JustRalph
07-21-2009, 04:27 AM
It's a well known fact that many police officers are out of control in the deep South,

A well known fact? Where the hell do you get that from?

Are you making this shit up as you go along? You don't think there are checks and balances on police departments in the south? They don't have media? They don't have the same scrutiny as Police Departments up north? You don't know what you are talking about............

slewis
07-21-2009, 07:55 AM
A well known fact? Where the hell do you get that from?

Are you making this shit up as you go along? You don't think there are checks and balances on police departments in the south? They don't have media? They don't have the same scrutiny as Police Departments up north? You don't know what you are talking about............

Oh come on Ralph,

Where up North would a trooper hold up an ambulance with a patient inside and get into a pissing match with the driver to show whose badge is shinier???

Or how's about that well trained New Orleans police dept that needed six (6) officers to subdue one man.... beating him while doing so..:rolleyes:

slewis
07-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Once again, Sharpton is proving my point about racism and the Democratic party. Undoubtedly, this over-hyped incident will see more money flow into Democrat party headquarters in the form of donations.

Contrived racism is the best kind, as far as Democrats like Sharpton and the rest are concerned.

Shocking that the police should ask a man reported to be seen breaking into a horse for some sort of identification. Hell, I had to show ID once when the FEDEX guy met me outside my house to deliver a valuable package.

Guess I should have called Al Sharpton....:rolleyes:

No no no....dont call Sharpton when it comes to FEDEX deliveries....

You'll certainly be accused of racism for shunning the US POSTAL service.

Marshall Bennett
07-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Sounds like slewis is the one doing all the profiling around here . :)

JustRalph
07-21-2009, 03:30 PM
As usual.........making it up as he goes along............

Since when is Oklahoma in the south?

ezrabrooks
07-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Oh come on Ralph,

Where up North would a trooper hold up an ambulance with a patient inside and get into a pissing match with the driver to show whose badge is shinier???

Or how's about that well trained New Orleans police dept that needed six (6) officers to subdue one man.... beating him while doing so..:rolleyes:

I bet Sean Bell would have loved to have been tased by New York's finest.

Ez

DJofSD
07-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Since when is Oklahoma in the south?
Never. It was always considered to be Indian Territory, separate and distinct from the south in all of the Missouri Compromises.

Overlay
07-21-2009, 06:15 PM
Here's another link to the story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32010985/ns/us_news-race_and_ethnicity/

ddog
07-21-2009, 06:33 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/D14DE98D380D1B73862575FA0008F3A8?OpenDocument

so, the guy gets a scam mailing calls to complain, tells them to stop. leaves a vm and then THEY call him back and i suspect insult the guy and then he gives them the business back.

They are lucky he DIDN't burn down their scam. And, if he gets out I hope he DOES do it.

That the police would lure the dude in so they could arrest him. :ThmbDown:

Just outrageous.

They should shut down and arrest the scum on the so called business side of the deal.

PaceAdvantage
07-21-2009, 11:35 PM
...a man reported to be seen breaking into a horse...That was kind of a funny slip up on my part that nobody caught...:lol:

chickenhead
07-21-2009, 11:46 PM
as someone that was vehemently anti-granny zapping...I don't see much here. Guy is seen breaking into house, cops get called. Cops ask guy why he broke into house.

ok

boxcar
07-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Oh come on Ralph,

Yeah...I think I read somewhere where the record set in some northern city was only 5-1/2 cops were needed to beat up on a guy enough to finally get him in cuffs. (The 1/2 was a female on the force.) :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
07-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Take slewis and 46 comments and substitute "black people" for "police."
See what kind of reaction you get.

BTW, Obama, known racist, dissed the cops last night. Called them stupid.
I read the police report - sounded to me like they were 100% correct. Sounded like the suspect got uppity. Sounds like Obama is making racist comments. An agitator.

46zilzal
07-23-2009, 01:07 PM
as someone that was vehemently anti-granny zapping...I don't see much here. Guy is seen breaking into house, cops get called. Cops ask guy why he broke into house.

ok
SHOWS ID and it just happens to be THE SAME ADDRESS

Strange

rastajenk
07-23-2009, 01:11 PM
So why didn't he just thank the cops for doing their job and send them on their way? Why the racial rant?

DJofSD
07-23-2009, 01:14 PM

Strange
There could have been a restraining order. Just because your papers are in order does not mean you're legal.

ddog
07-23-2009, 01:24 PM
You were there, or do you automatically believe what you are conditioned to think?

there could have been a restraining order! :lol:

the man seems to have been in his own house, it seems he showed the officer valid ID, it seems the officer believed the ID as he was leaving the house. He was arrested on the porch as I read it.

officers ignore all kinds of crap and need to , it's part of the job.

get in the car and go on your way. that would have seemed the end of it.

Someone in the country needs to be the grownup and that needs to be the police.

Tom
07-23-2009, 01:28 PM

Strange

Not strange, incomplete. You left out the part about him getting very vocal and abusive and following the cop outside the house, making verbal threats to him. People who do that get a reaction - their call. The big mouth got what he deserved.

46zilzal
07-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Not strange, incomplete. You left out the part about him getting very vocal and abusive and following the cop outside the house, making verbal threats to him. People who do that get a reaction - their call. The big mouth got what he deserved.
If some YOKEL tried to arrest me for getting into my own house I would be vocal too. These idiots let heir badge and the empowering of it go directly to their overinflated egos.

rastajenk
07-23-2009, 01:55 PM
It wouldn't occur to you to ask them nicely to help you get into your own house, as long as they're there? How come libs never seem to want to give peace a chance?

Tom
07-23-2009, 02:05 PM
If some YOKEL tried to arrest me for getting into my own house I would be vocal too. These idiots let heir badge and the empowering of it go directly to their overinflated egos.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about.
After they learned who he was, they were trying to LEAVE. HE kept confronting THEM.

THEY were called to investigate an unsub breaking and entering. THEY did not know who he was when they arrived. THEY did their jobs. HE pushed it to far.
Eintstein.

46zilzal
07-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Again, you have no idea what you are talking about.
After they learned who he was, they were trying to LEAVE. HE kept confronting THEM.

THEY were called to investigate an unsub breaking and entering. THEY did not know who he was when they arrived. THEY did their jobs. HE pushed it to far.
Eintstein.
His house and they were on his property. NOT surprising at all

jballscalls
07-23-2009, 02:12 PM
it's funny how even this issue is going along party lines here on PA and on some other boards.

i swear a dr. could cure cancer and left and right would disagree about it LOL

46zilzal
07-23-2009, 02:18 PM
it's funny how even this issue is going along party lines here on PA and on some other boards.

i swear a dr. could cure cancer and left and right would disagree about it LOL
If you have to have the big "c" put in an order for squamous or basal cell. Locally invasive and rarely metastasize, even in Oregon

If they say Ewing's on the other hand, pack your bags

DJofSD
07-23-2009, 02:21 PM
You were there, or do you automatically believe what you are conditioned to think?

there could have been a restraining order! :lol:
Someone in the country needs to be the grownup and that needs to be the police.

ddog, you don't think the cops are concerned about restraining orders? What do think would be your response if there had been an order that was overlooked and the home owner had actually broken into the house and killed his wife?

You might think that's funny but this is the kind of thing cops run into every day.

I would hope part of the cops being grown up is doing what they're suppose to do, not what you think they should do.

Tom
07-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Now, I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that, but I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge Police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there is a long history in this country of African Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately. That's just a fact.

He admits his ignorance and still calls them stupid.
The guy is a POS.

46zilzal
07-23-2009, 02:49 PM
From the Harvard Crismosn newspaper:"The arrest took place last Thursday when a woman reported to police that she saw two men apparently trying to pry open the front door to Gates' home. But in reality, the men entering were likely Gates, who had returned to Cambridge after a trip to China, and his car driver, who was helping him force his way through a jammed front door. When officers arrived to investigate, tensions flared as Gates, who had by then entered the home, angrily and loudly accused the officer of targeting him because he was black, according to police reports.

But Gates and his lawyer have said that the professor cooperated fully, providing both his Harvard identification and a drivers license to prove he lived in the home. They said the officer refused to identify himself and lured Gates out of the home to arrest him."

46zilzal
07-23-2009, 03:06 PM
REALLY dangerous stuff

DJofSD
07-23-2009, 03:08 PM
From the Harvard Crismosn newspaper:"The arrest took place last Thursday when a woman reported to police that she saw two men apparently trying to pry open the front door to Gates' home. But in reality, the men entering were likely Gates, who had returned to Cambridge after a trip to China, and his car driver, who was helping him force his way through a jammed front door. When officers arrived to investigate, tensions flared as Gates, who had by then entered the home, angrily and loudly accused the officer of targeting him because he was black, according to police reports.

But Gates and his lawyer have said that the professor cooperated fully, providing both his Harvard identification and a drivers license to prove he lived in the home. They said the officer refused to identify himself and lured Gates out of the home to arrest him."
And what part of the incident bothers you?

Tom
07-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Am I my brother's keeper?

lsbets
07-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Tom, I know you were referring to the open mouth. But I cringed when I first saw your post with the two pics. I don't think anyone who knows you would think anything other than the open mouthed expression, but I will be shocked if someone isn't on here calling you a racist pretty soon. (I am not calling you one, but damn Tom, pause before you post once in a while)

Marshall Bennett
07-23-2009, 04:11 PM
The entire issue is bound by racism . Had Gate's been white we wouldn't be discussing it .

JWBurnie
07-23-2009, 04:51 PM
The entire issue is bound by racism . Had Gate's been white we wouldn't be discussing it .

Yea, and if the reporting officer were black we wouldn't be talking about it either. If anyone is racist, it's Gates. The officer was called in for a reported break-in by two men (who were reported to be black). When the police officer first showed up at the door, Gates (a black male) had an opportunity to handle the situation one of two ways....

1) Officer, thank you for coming so quickly. Here is my ID. I own the property. I just flew back in from China and was unable to open the door (it was busted during a previous break-in attempt (w/i police report)). With the cab drivers assistance, we were able to shoulder block the door in. Again, thank you for coming by, and for keeping this neighborhood safe. Have a good day.

End of Story

2) Act a fool....
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/07/23/0498.001.pdf

ddog
07-23-2009, 05:12 PM

No, but from reading the police report(written by the officer) and no matter the antics of the homeowner, he was out the door and should have kept going.

If anything, he should have turned the matter over to the other officer(standing by his SIDE) as well as the Harvard police.

Now as for the Harvard Police, it's elementary that you don't gather a CROWD outside a residence and let that remain as anyone who has worked crowds will tell you that if someone is going to act out they will act out in spades when they see the audience.

it was handled stupidly by the first officer reading from his own report, race or no race.

The best practices were not followed.

Now if this had been a white dude with a shotgun and he just went ahead and blew away the two dudes on the porch I am sure that would have been ok!
After all , a man's home is his castle , right!

:D

slewis
07-23-2009, 05:36 PM

Hey PA this post is Bullsh*t... there are serious racial overtones here!!

(It's also very funny):lol:

slewis
07-23-2009, 05:52 PM
To all posteeeees.....

I posted on this incident as a joke.. PA picked up on my sarcasim.

Now I'll be serious..... First off Zil, the police have EVERY RIGHT IN THE USA to investigate a possible crime. What do you think??? That if they think a crime may have occured that you can show ID and DEMAND they get off your property? They can ask questions which you dont have to answer, but you MUST show ID and have a reasonable explanation what you're doing there.
In this case, Gates, the homeowner, has every right to be in his home.
Just because he SAYS it's his home, he still needs to reasonably convince police so they end their investigation, or, they can detain him until they get the proof THEY need that he is who he says and that the property is his.

Next, I, as an American, are appalled that our President would even comment on such a silly incident with our country in such a mess, but are even more appalled that he's even REMOTELY playing the race card here and siding against law enforcement who were just doing their jobs and in this case, (unlike Granny-gate) properly.

Next, I hope 3 men, one white, one black, and one oriental, (I purposely left out Native American because they're too busy running craps games).. break into the home of Mr. Gates and rob and terrorize him right after he calls 911 for help.....which I have a feeling just might take a little longer to respond to then usual.

JWBurnie
07-23-2009, 06:24 PM
"and one oriental"

Asian

http://journalism.nyu.edu/pubzone/livewire/archived/oriental_rugs_or_people/

Sid
07-23-2009, 06:28 PM
The cop arrived on the scene alone, no partner.

He arrived on the basis of a witness's suspicion of a B&E in progress.

Anyone -- a police academy graduate or someone who merely has watched a couple hours of television -- would have asked the good professor whether he was alone and to come out of the house, rather than entering the house alone. (For many reasons, some of which involve the safety of the good professor.)

That is, nonetheless, the point at which it all began to escalate. The good professor did not want to step out onto the porch. How far downhill the incident had to go after that is debatable, and depends upon nuance that we can only imagine based on reports and our own biases. But there is no doubt that refusal to step outside on request of a uniformed police officer (who obviously could do far more damage as a "rogue cop" INSIDE the house) resulted in it going downhill.

The fact that the cop was alone, was a sergeant, and was for several years the guy who taught diversity matters and the avoidance of racial profiling at the local police academy has been lacking from much news coverage in the past 24 hours.

The use of the phrase "rogue cop" by the good professor in this instance suggests that, for all his prestigious blather, he has no idea what a rogue cop is.

Some facts are not yet in, some never will be, and truth is an elusive thing. But this case, sadly, smells badly of the victimization rant run wild -- and even more sadly, the president of the United States behaving badly (both last night and today) with his mouth, which is supposed to be his greatest asset.

DJofSD
07-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Well, did I hear this correctly? Gates is a professor of Afro-American studies?

JustRalph
07-23-2009, 07:59 PM
The cop did nothing wrong ............... and 46 calling these guys "yokels" (http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_enUS300US311&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=define+yokel) is a little much.

This is Cambridge Mass............for Christ Sakes. This is a professional police department.

The Cambridge Police Department is committed to the enforcement of laws and preservation of order that protect the rights and property of every person within the City of Cambridge. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of police service and to impact crime, and its associated elements, through the utilization of new and proven crime prevention strategies and problem-solving partnerships with our community.

Organized: 1859
Sworn Officers: 272
Civilian Personnel: 37
Commissioner: Robert C Haas
Headquarters:

125 Sixth Street, Cambridge, MA 02142
Budget:$35,175,675 (FY08)
Rank Structure:
Commissioner
Superintendent
Deputy Superintendent
Captain
Lieutenant
Sergeant
Patrol Officer
Marked Patrol Vehicles: 27
Unmarked Patrol Vehicles: 24
Motorcycles: 14
Bicycles:12
Special Vehicles: 9
2005 Total Calls for Service:95,000
2005 Total Index Crimes: 3,814

bigmack
07-23-2009, 08:03 PM
heoBBEuM4z0

"I don't know the facts of the case but the cops acted stupidly" :rolleyes:

DJofSD
07-23-2009, 08:07 PM
heoBBEuM4z0

"I don't know the facts of the case but the cops acted stupidly" :rolleyes:
Sounds like he's made up his mind already: guilty, as charged.

Must be part of his government savings plan. Save the local government the cost of any administrative hearings.

cj's dad
07-23-2009, 08:11 PM

Gee, think their opinions may have been a bit slanted ??

DJofSD
07-23-2009, 09:03 PM
"I don't know the facts of the case but the cops acted stupidly" If it wasn't on video I would have guessed Joe Biden said it.

NJ Stinks
07-23-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm sure people are waiting with baited breath for someone from the model state of NJ to weigh in. :liar:

The cop should not have arrested Gates. Sure it's tough to walk away when somebody is giving you a load crap for doing your job. But be the better man and walk away.

Gates sounds like a guy who was stressed out after the long flight home from China and finding himself locked out of own house didn't help any. Then he reacted like a guy who's been studying bigotry his whole life and wanted to make sure the officer knew it.

No doubt in my mind that Gates said things that provoked the officer to the point where the officer said to himself: "Enough of this crap. This guys going downtown."

Anyway, I think Obama was right when he said it was stupid to arrest the guy. I just wish he didn't say it. It was an uncalled for comment given the fact that his buddy Gates should have shown some respect for the uniform on his front porch. Certainly, the cop wasn't the only one who did something stupid last week.

cj's dad
07-23-2009, 09:18 PM
While I appreciate your unexpected point of view, could you please in the future post a type of "consumer alert" at the beginning of the message so that some of us can brace ourselves for the shock.:)

slewis
07-23-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm sure people are waiting with baited breath for someone from the model state of NJ to weigh in. :liar:

The cop should not have arrested Gates. Sure it's tough to walk away when somebody is giving you a load crap for doing your job. But be the better man and walk away.

Gates sounds like a guy who was stressed out after the long flight home from China and finding himself locked out of own house didn't help any. Then he reacted like a guy who's been studying bigotry his whole life and wanted to make sure the officer knew it.

No doubt in my mind that Gates said things that provoked the officer to the point where the officer said to himself: "Enough of this crap. This guys going downtown."

Anyway, I think Obama was right when he said it was stupid to arrest the guy. I just wish he didn't say it. It was an uncalled for comment given the fact that his buddy Gates should have shown some respect for the uniform on his front porch. Certainly, the cop wasn't the only one who did something stupid last week.

It's good to play devil's advocate, but first off, we who post on PA were not there and secondly, I personally feel that Gates crossed the line when he went into his racial tirade. From what I gather, it appears like a cultural complaint more than a complaint against this officer.
Had the woman reported 2 white males attempting to jar open a door, would the officer had acted differently?

This whole scenario is going to disappear quickly as cooler heads prevail... but Mr. Gates, like I stated earlier, will be singing a different tune if HE REALLY needs a police officer.

slewis
07-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Asian

http://journalism.nyu.edu/pubzone/livewire/archived/oriental_rugs_or_people/

My third home invader is Oriental.... yours can be Asian or Martian if you'd like:lol:

ezrabrooks
07-23-2009, 10:46 PM
"The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please".

Walter Sobchak

Warren Henry
07-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Isn't it interesting who is usually the first one to play the race card. The esteemed black professor and the POTUS who both are examples of how far we have come are quick to play victim and blame their problems on race.

You watch. If POTUS is denied passage of some of his power grabs he will blame it on race. Mark this post for future reference.

IMHO, this country does still have race relations problems. However (again IMHO), now the blame isn't all one sided.

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2009, 11:30 PM
If you have to have the big "c" put in an order for squamous or basal cell. Locally invasive and rarely metastasize, even in Oregon

If they say Ewing's on the other hand, pack your bagsOoops...chalk up another bug in the beta version.....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

46 is like one GIANT flow chart....is he not? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DJofSD
07-23-2009, 11:43 PM

Ya, I guess you can't arrest stupid.

dartman51
07-23-2009, 11:44 PM

OK 46, pay attention to the RED. First, the HARVARD CRIMSON??? c'mon. The guy is a professor at Harvard, and they can't even get the story straight. The eye witness said "the back door", and the door wasn't jammed, he "didn't have his keys". He was a UNIFORMED OFFICER with a NAME TAG. Didn't indentify himself??? What? the MR. HARVARD can't read? When he was FIRST asked for an ID, he refused. Don't you know who I am?? You don't know who you're messing with!! These sound like the comments of an elitist. Some one who thinks his $hit don't stink. Plus, there had been break ins in the area recently. It's real easy to sit on the sidelines, and bad mouth the police, but the FACT is, NONE of you people who put down the police have the BALLS to put on a uniform, and go out daily and put your life on the line for some ungrateful BASTARD. You're too busy sitting behind closed doors at your computer, pissing and moaning about something. OK, fine, be that way. But at least,GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. I hope that ungrateful bastard is the victim of a home invasion, and the police take their time getting there. Maybe stop off for some wings or do-nuts. :D

Tom
07-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Tom, I know you were referring to the open mouth. But I cringed when I first saw your post with the two pics. I don't think anyone who knows you would think anything other than the open mouthed expression, but I will be shocked if someone isn't on here calling you a racist pretty soon. (I am not calling you one, but damn Tom, pause before you post once in a while)

Yes...the open mouth is what I was looking at.
The MONKEY WAS ME!!!!!
Has been for years.
See how stupid this phony racism BS is?
PA took it down, I respect his decision.

Now, how we we take down the false accusation by a professional Black Activist who set up this phony situation with a planted question to allow Obama to change the news headlines that were killing his health care bill?
This Gates WANTED to get arrested and get headlines. It was planned.
His neighbors did not recognize him? BS.

This is outlined in the book - this was 100% planned by professional racists.

How do we take it down for a cop who puts his life on the line every day?
WE all cower in the corner afraid to upset a poor black professor, who teaches racism for a living. WE allow Blacks to make all kind of false accusations every day. Obama's comments were nothing but racist - the POTUS is a living breathing racist with 20 years af training by Rev Wright.
But an innocnet cartoon is out of line. Stick a fork in us, we are done.

I know what everyone was thinking when they saw the two photos together. Says a lot more about the viewers, I would guess.

Off soap box. Not directing that at you ls, who I respect a lot. OR Pa.

Tom
07-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Sounds like he's made up his mind already: guilty, as charged.

Must be part of his government savings plan. Save the local government the cost of any administrative hearings.

Notice he threw in about being stopped at the end - obviously scripted in a PLANNED reply.
Gates was not targets, not stopped, not profiled - he was being served by police acting on a compliant. OBama was in on this from the get go.

Tom
07-24-2009, 09:23 AM
I should have used this one - seems the double standard allows this to be displayed frequently. I see it in offices and on bulletin boards all the time.
Too Bad Bush wasn't Black - he might have gotten some respect.

toetoe
07-24-2009, 12:43 PM
I believed you were serious, slewis. :blush: .

Admin.,

Any relation to the GREAT Chip Gates, or Skip or Scooter or whatever his nickname is ?

Warren Henry
07-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Notice he threw in about being stopped at the end - obviously scripted in a PLANNED reply.
Gates was not targets, not stopped, not profiled - he was being served by police acting on a compliant. OBama was in on this from the get go.
I agree. The question may not have been planted, but the White House obviously had to have planned a response in case anyone brought up this issue.

If what he delivered was the planned script, race relations in this country are headed the wrong way fast.

Since he has yet to take back what he said, you have to think that he meant it/believes it.

For those of you who would argue that he did take it back or apologize, I disagree. It appeared to me that all he did was rephrase it. He sticks with his assertion that it was handled wrong, but does not seem to hold the Prof responsible in any way. Making excuses or giving the Prof a pass because he might have been tired, or surprised, or whatever is lame.

BlueShoe
07-25-2009, 12:59 AM
Has anyone looked at this guy Gates as to who and what he is and what he does?His ideology?He teaches at the W.E.B. Du Bois Institute of African America Research.At far left Harvard this school is even farther left.Du Bois was a long time devoted member of the Communist Party,and any school named after him will be a center for Marxist/Leninist thought.This guy almost surely teaches Marxist ideology.And where was he returning from?Red China,what a coincidence.This man appears to be another radical that hates America,hates police and hates whites.Take away his tenureship at Harvard and he would just be another street thug spoiling for a fight,any confrontation at all would do.

slewis
07-25-2009, 07:26 AM
I agree. The question may not have been planted, but the White House obviously had to have planned a response in case anyone brought up this issue.

If what he delivered was the planned script, race relations in this country are headed the wrong way fast.

Since he has yet to take back what he said, you have to think that he meant it/believes it.

For those of you who would argue that he did take it back or apologize, I disagree. It appeared to me that all he did was rephrase it. He sticks with his assertion that it was handled wrong, but does not seem to hold the Prof responsible in any way. Making excuses or giving the Prof a pass because he might have been tired, or surprised, or whatever is lame.

Now you know Im not defending Obama (go and read my posts) but no way his response was planned and scripted.

What many whites need to think about here is this:

He's made a very foolish mistake. Those whites that hate him will always hate him but those whites that were skeptical and on the fence about having a black president in America, now have a little twangy taste in their mouth.

One more incident...just one more dumb, stupid move, like this one, may cost him 20% of the white vote in the next election.

Ive told white AND black friends of mine when Obama was elected, that if he really wanted to move race relations forward in this country, he better stay clear of siding with blacks on ANY issue that might be deemed controvercial racially, regardless of anything, because PERCEPTION for him is everything.

He just made a big mistake, but for him, (personally, I could care less) it's early in his tenure and he has time to make amends... or screw up again!

Sid
07-25-2009, 07:32 AM
If you ordered two boxcars full of idiots, and the train rolled up, and you took one load off to the press conference to be reporters, and and took the other load off to the West Wing to get ready to answer reporters' questions . . . and if just one of the idiot reporters did NOT about the Cambridge incident . . . and just one of the idiot West Wing staffers did NOT prepare to answer a question about the Cambridge incident . . . you would tell your idiot vendor that by and large you got a good shipment . . . except one reporter and one staffer were faking it because nobody is that stupid.

"Planted" question? That's like planting a question with a waitress: "May I start you off with something to drink?" What a shocker.

Tom
07-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Has anyone looked at this guy Gates as to who and what he is and what he does?

He is a PBI. Professional Black Agitator. His role in lie to keep racism in the foreground, to ensure that everyone still think we are living in Selma in 1960.
Like other PBI's - like Sharpton, he would have no role if people were not fighting racism. Their lot in life is ot fan the flames, to draw attention to the few incident and ignore the giant steps of progress we have made.

The bigot Gates asked said on CNN ( go figure who would get the exclusive) that this justt shows what can happen to black man in America.

Let's review. A black man in America could:
1. Become a professor at a prestigious college
2. Live in a nice house in a nice neighborhood in a ritzy city
3. Afford to travel
4. Have neighbors who look out for him when he is gone.
5. Have a police force who come to protect his property when called, and they even send out a RACE-RELATIONS TRAINING OFFICER!
6. Feel free to be beligerent and mouth off repeatedly to the cops and then have all charges dropped.
7. Become president of the USA.

Man oh man, does it get any worse for Blacks in America?

Tom
07-25-2009, 10:02 AM
If you ordered two boxcars full of idiots,

Congress would show up.

DJofSD
07-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Congress would show up.
Naw, you'd need an entire train for all of those jokers. (We'd have to find Gomez Addams then too.)