PDA

View Full Version : A shout out to a valuable sponsor - JCapper.com

PaceAdvantage
07-20-2009, 03:07 AM
Jeff P and his software JCapper have been ongoing sponsors here at PaceAdvantage.com since 2007. I for one would like to take this moment to thank him for his continued support!

Please visit the following link to learn more about what many consider to be one of the best handicapping programs on the market today:

www.jcapper.com (http://www.jcapper.com/)

judd
07-20-2009, 06:02 AM
like to get feed back on people who use software, i have some interest :(

ryesteve
07-20-2009, 08:06 AM
like to get feed back on people who use software, i have some interest :(Why does having an interest make you sad?

Anyway, I've been using it since '05. I think that in itself is an endorsement when you look at the turnover rate elsewhere. I can't imagine someone not improving their game with JCapper. Besides that, Jeff is constantly working on improvements and additions... when you combine that work ethic and level of support with the fact that he's probably the smartest guy in the room, it's a very easy decision, so long as the approach fits your style of handicapping.

dvlander
07-20-2009, 02:52 PM
If you consider yourself a creative sort, JCapper is a tremendous tool to help you improve your game. If you have the willingness and the drive to conduct research in an effort to find a better handicapping way, I highly recommend it.

Among the features/services that I find most valuable are (A) Jeff's many proprietary ratings and factors. The program comes equipped with many of these strong indicators that are not available to the general public. (B) The flexibility of the program allows you to handicap the way you want to. Do you handicap by speed and class? You're covered. Do you like to use trainer and/or jockey patterns? You're covered. Do you like to potshot for potent longshots? You're covered. Do you like to create your own betting line algorhithm? You're covered. Do you like to create your own home-made comprehensive ratings? You're covered. I could go on and on because the possibilities are endless. (C) Jeff makes frequent upgrades based on his brilliance and based on viable ideas from JCapper users. (D) Customer service is the best I have experienced for any product anywhere and certainly for the world of software.

Clearly, I am a huge supporter of JCapper and I have been using it for close to two years. I have been profitable on my wagering for those two years and it is the first time I ever showed an annual profit wagering on thoroughbreds. I'll add that I have achieved that profit despite being forced to bet earlybird due to my schedule.

Dale

JustRalph
07-20-2009, 06:36 PM
best thing going

Charli125
07-20-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm less than 6 months into using jcapper, and I love it. It gives me the ability to analyze my data from so many different views that I doubt I've even looked at half of them. It is complicated, and definitely a learning experience, but I love it.

I'm already playing fewer races, and winning more, which is more than I could have expected.

And like everyone else said, Jeff gets an A+ in customer service, new innovations, and training tools.

hdcper
07-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Have known Jeff for years and have been using Jcapper since it inception in 2004!!!!

I would suggest if you have Bris or Tsn data and results files, give the demo a try for 90 days and find out for yourself the advantages this program will bring to your game!!

The program allows you to play this game to the beat of a different drum, test ideas for validation and create UDMs to identify horses meeting your idea's parameters.

Tipster
07-21-2009, 12:45 PM
I have extensively tested Jcapper for an entire year of races at all tracks as well as several other commercially marketed software out there for years. Overall I would give Jcapper maybe a B- at best or little above average when compared to some others I seen but definitely not near the best.

While some of it's propriertary formulas are decent compared to others I seen at best they will get you in the .90 roi range plus I found many weaknesses overall in the program which I thought need improvement. There are many parts of Jcapper to use that does take much time to learn so the learning curve is pretty steep but you'll get the hang of most of it through much trial and error.

All my testing of just about every part of Jcapper was conducted on almost a year of data from all tracks so I had a good sample size to work with. While I may have learned a few things from it nothing I found within the software ever came close to near profitable which is of course why I abandoned this software as I have done with many others I also tested over the years. But the one thing I did like was at least it used the BRIS/TSN data files when most of the other popular programs sold today do not use these data files.

ryesteve
07-21-2009, 01:48 PM
nothing I found within the software ever came close to near profitableI can't imagine where/how you were looking. If all you did was bet every top JPR horse with a morning line of 10/1 or higher, you'd be +4.5% since the start of 2007.

Tipster
07-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Was that with the original rating or their new rating? And what percentage of top plays had a 10/1 mlo and what was their final win percentage? As I posted that even though Jcapper had some decent ratings everyone I tested came back at best with a .90 roi. I also combined all these ratings into countless spot plays and nothing came back profitable. I was gonna give Jcapper a C rating overall but can see that much work and programming went into which is why I bumped it a tad. Is it much better than many other programs or less popular software out there, definitely yes. I have seen other programs that were basically useless and many of those didn't even have database capability. But is Jcapper the best most powerful, in my eyes not even close.

sam i am
07-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Tipster,
why don't you give us your top rated software and why.

Thanks
SIA

bettheoverlay
07-21-2009, 03:21 PM
I've been using JCapper since March 2007 and can't recommend it highly enough. I have been able to develop some long term profitable UDMs that are a result of a lot of research. But most of my time currently is spent in track modelling, and then filtering my UDMs through the models, and coming up with some dynamite key plays, especially for horizontal bets. And as others have said, no one could be more responsive than Jeff when you need his help.

JustRalph
07-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Wow, 1 post and he zings Jcapper.......if you can't be profitable with Jcapper, you are never going to be profitable........ you mention that you have had to abandon "many" pieces of software over the years.......... I would maybe find a different conclusion if I was reading that data with an open eye

I have extensively tested Jcapper for an entire year of races at all tracks as well as several other commercially marketed software out there for years. Overall I would give Jcapper maybe a B- at best or little above average when compared to some others I seen but definitely not near the best.

While some of it's propriertary formulas are decent compared to others I seen at best they will get you in the .90 roi range plus I found many weaknesses overall in the program which I thought need improvement. There are many parts of Jcapper to use that does take much time to learn so the learning curve is pretty steep but you'll get the hang of most of it through much trial and error.

All my testing of just about every part of Jcapper was conducted on almost a year of data from all tracks so I had a good sample size to work with. While I may have learned a few things from it nothing I found within the software ever came close to near profitable which is of course why I abandoned this software as I have done with many others I also tested over the years. But the one thing I did like was at least it used the BRIS/TSN data files when most of the other popular programs sold today do not use these data files.

ryesteve
07-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Was that with the original rating or their new rating?I said JPR, not JRating. I'd have thought that after extensive testing, this wouldn't have been ambiguous.

To answer your questions, this was 6,127 plays out of 101,557 races. Not a high percentage, but it comes out to almost 220 plays a month, from this alone. It's not as if you would stop here... but you could, if you wanted to.

And the win rate was 12.1%. Again, this is a low win rate, but it's not as if you'd stop optimizing further... but you could, if you wanted to.

My only point is that your claim that you could find nothing profitable after extensive testing is a little hard to understand, when the first, most basic thing most anyone would look at, has been demonstrably profitable over a long period of time.

So which software DO you put at the top of your list?

Tom
07-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Snapcapper Pro? :lol:

Seriously, Jeff is a good guy, has shared some good things here, and if you are getting single factors coming back in the .90 roi, you have a decent factor.

Tipster
07-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Wow, 1 post and he zings Jcapper.......if you can't be profitable with Jcapper, you are never going to be profitable........ you mention that you have had to abandon "many" pieces of software over the years.......... I would maybe find a different conclusion if I was reading that data with an open eye

Believe me that was not a real zinger and held back big time what I really think cause didn't want to be so rude about a "decent software program". But I knew you the "protector of Jcapper" will post your useless two cents sooner or later.

Tipster
07-21-2009, 04:06 PM
I said JPR, not JRating. I'd have thought that after extensive testing, this wouldn't have been ambiguous.

To answer your questions, this was 6,127 plays out of 101,557 races. Not a high percentage, but it comes out to almost 220 plays a month, from this alone. It's not as if you would stop here... but you could, if you wanted to.

And the win rate was 12.1%. Again, this is a low win rate, but it's not as if you'd stop optimizing further... but you could, if you wanted to.

My only point is that your claim that you could find nothing profitable after extensive testing is a little hard to understand, when the first, most basic thing most anyone would look at, has been demonstrably profitable over a long period of time.

So which software DO you put at the top of your list?

With so many software programs that pass my desk each decade it is impossible to remember every code, label, rating, etc. on each. But I knew their was a original JCapper rating and new one. So you tested the new one but what is strange my own results were't even close cause I know I would test something as silly as this. I wish I still had access to that database again. The only thing that came at least close to breakeven maybe .94 was playing horses that had X# odds line higher vs morning line.

Now on your study those results aren't too bad but you're only playing less than 6% of the races and of course due to high odds only a 12% win rate. But I do not remember seeing those results on my end in a 45,000 race test?

ryesteve
07-21-2009, 04:12 PM
what is strange my own results were't even closeActually, I don't find it strange at all that someone hiding behind an alternate account would claim to have seen results that "weren't even close" to those that everyone can see.

Tipster
07-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Tipster,
why don't you give us your top rated software and why.

Thanks
SIA

Put it this way. I use a customized database program that was devised by me and one of the smartest programmers I have ever met or heard of. And no it is not currently for sale. How can I put it. If you took some of the more popular programs such as HTR, Jcapper, HSH and Netcapper and took out just the decent features and ideas from each, then removed all their weak points, then reworked it all and adding tons of your own stuff over the next decade and then rolled all of this into one super software program that is light years ahead of everything else, that is what I use.

Now that doesn't mean that anyone I handed this super program to can start winning immediately with it. First it would take months just to understand all it's parts and features. But even then since it is far from a black box program doesn't mean you can then win with it immediately cause it is simply a TOOL. But all I'm saying what this software is capable of doing compared to what's out there will be mind boggling!

ryesteve
07-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I use a customized database program that was devised by me and one of the smartest programmers I have ever met or heard of... one super software program that is light years ahead of everything else, that is what I use.
Then why in god's name are you wasting your time evaluating other software?

keilan
07-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Why give tipster the time of day, read his posts and it's clear he never developed anything in his life!!

Tipster
07-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Then why in god's name are you wasting your time evaluating other software?

Why do you think? To maybe learn a tidbit or two. How do you think software is even created? Do you think even the programmers who develop and sell this stuff never worked with and checked out other programs to get ideas, concepts, features, interfaces, etc. Of course they did whether in their early or later years. While the software I use I would say is 80% original stuff the remaining 20% is somewhat based on the tiny bit of "good" ideas and concepts I seen interfaced in other software.

What I am giving you is my opinion on Jcapper. Well, actually it is not a opinion cause during this time testing this software I worked with and kept close contact to someone which I would call the "king of knowledgable Jcapper users". What this guy showed me and the kinds of incredibly complicated UDMs he created over YEARS of testing out Jcapper and all it's algorithms I doubt very much he would even give it a B- as I did. Even he had very few good things to say about this program. He showed me tons of weaknesses in the software that I even missed let alone on countless ways it didn't show profits.

But I knew posting an opinion about a product and actually being pretty decent about was still gonna cause some waves and it's not over. Oh well.

Old Sparky
07-21-2009, 04:59 PM
tipster--- are you the jcapper user that was barred by jeff for asking all the ? and kind of being a pain in the a$$. Just so you know, I personally never had a problem with you , if that was you, this person did ask some off the wall stuff. :eek: By the way I have no problem with Jcapper. first post 5yr. lurker. :cool: P.S. this :( did make me think.

DeanT
07-21-2009, 05:11 PM
First post! Cool.

Jeff has some passionate guys who will go to the wall for him. I think that says a lot about Jeff.

I lurk at the HSH board, notice feedback on CJ's figs, and as well look in on the HTR board. Dave, CJ and Ken seem to have the same type people who support them. Just my opinion, but all of those guys probably get that kind of respect because (from what I can see) they work hard to, and really want to, see their customers succeed.

That's all I ask for from a software or figure dude. The rest I leave up to me.

hdcper
07-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Great post Dean, I totally agree!!!

Old Sparky
07-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks Dean-- I made my first bet in '71 ,been around the horn and no truer words have been spoken. :ThmbUp:
That's all I ask for from a software or figure dude. The rest I leave up to me. OS

Tipster
07-21-2009, 06:08 PM
To All:
As I knew that would happen when giving "opinion" about any software is lurkers will come out of the woodwork. As when using any software program if you like it then naturally you will defend it with your life as what we see is happening. That is fine if you like or even think you can win with ANY software program then so be it.

As I originally posted Jcapper has some decent ratings that may outperform other software's ratings by maybe a tad. Meaning some of Jcapper's stuff will get you into the .89-.90 range to start off and others software maybe in the .88 range. So no huge difference. And Jcapper has some nice features built into it just as other software may have nice stuff as well.

But you must remember I didn't just glance at this software but spend much time evaluating it as with other software but not even close to a friend that spent even much more time with it. I constantly receive emails from several computer cappers talking about this or that. And if I even mention Jcapper they love to correct me and reply with "you mean Jcrapper". Yes that is what they think of the program. Hey, I'm the one saying it does have some decent features and at least uses BRIS/TSN data files.

The bottom line is does it really matter what someone's opinions are or what my inner cirlce of computer capping friends also think, if you like ANY software program is all that counts. But don't say this or that praising any software by pulling "dream stuff" out of thin air.

ryesteve
07-21-2009, 06:24 PM
But I knew posting an opinion about a product and actually being pretty decent about was still gonna cause some waves and it's not over. Oh well.I don't begrudge you having an opinion. I even qualified my first post in this thread with "so long as the approach fits your style of handicapping". I understand that db handicapping doesn't appeal to everyone.

The problem is that you smell like someone with an agenda. You're hiding behind an alternate account, and presenting information as fact that couldn't possibly be true. Go ahead, have an opinion, but base it on fact, and don't be afraid to own up to that opinion, whoever you really are. But since neither of that is happening, how else would you have expected people to react?

And now you're alleging a so-called "king of jcapper users" who supposedly has an even harsher opinion? Tell me, is he any braver than you are about expressing his opinion? I'm sure we'd all love to hear from him too.

DeanT
07-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks Dean-- I made my first bet in '71 ,been around the horn and no truer words have been spoken. :ThmbUp:
That's all I ask for from a software or figure dude. The rest I leave up to me. OS
With smart 'people' who say that people are 28 times more likely to post something negative about a product or service on the internet, to have a lurker of years who decides to make a praise of something his first post, it says a hell of a lot about the product!

Continued success and good racing Sparky.

Tipster
07-21-2009, 06:46 PM
I don't begrudge you having an opinion. I even qualified my first post in this thread with "so long as the approach fits your style of handicapping". I understand that db handicapping doesn't appeal to everyone.

The problem is that you smell like someone with an agenda. You're hiding behind an alternate account, and presenting information as fact that couldn't possibly be true. Go ahead, have an opinion, but base it on fact, and don't be afraid to own up to that opinion, whoever you really are. But since neither of that is happening, how else would you have expected people to react?

And now you're alleging a so-called "king of jcapper users" who supposedly has an even harsher opinion? Tell me, is he any braver than you are about expressing his opinion? I'm sure we'd all love to hear from him too.

Look at my first post on this thread! I simple stated overall I would give Jcapper a B- in my book and even mentioned a few things I liked about it. This was being as kind as I can be and held back much more I really liked to post and it still didn't matter anyway.

And even now Jeff PM me asking about what weaknesses I am talking about. Sorry Jeff I ain't going down that road again cause I doubt 20 minutes on the phone or even 20 days will be long enough to go over so many things and don't want to open up that can of worms again. Plus why am I gonna waste my time AGAIN on going over things that will never be changed in the program anyway and why even bother helping improve software I have abandoned long ago.

If it makes everyone feel better I made a huge mistake. I thought you guys were talking about another program called Jzapper which sucks. Of course we all know Jcapper is the best program out there which is why I still use it everyday. Geesh, I hope now everyone can sleep better tonight knowing they are not using a B- program but a A+++ program instead.

Old Sparky
07-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Tipster-- I really don't know and I don't care if you have an agenda and I have not drank the Jcapper koolaid so I consider myself neutral, are you the person I am talking about? As I said, I use the program , sometimes :ThmbUp: sometimes :ThmbDown: .As I said before, this person had some good ideas, some :eek: ideas but --- if you are that ;) welcome-- remember a$$holes are like opinions-- everybody has one

mikejlb
07-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Someone asked if Tipster was the person that Jeff got fed up with. Maybe not the same person but the same nickname and same negative attitude. I don't want to waste my time talking about Tipster ao I'll offer my opinion.

I started using JC soon after Jeff started selling it. It used to be like a black box that made money with little or no effort, it doesn't do that any longer. Jeff doesn't claim that making money is easy but he sure gives the best tool around to do that. Product support is excellent too.

ryesteve
07-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Look at my first post on this thread! Yeah, that was the one where you said you couldn't find one thing "close to profitable", which made it hard to take anything else you had to say seriously.

And even now Jeff PM me asking about what weaknesses I am talking about. Sorry Jeff I ain't going down that road again cause I doubt 20 minutes on the phone or even 20 days will be long enough to go over so many things:lol: No, don't do that... but with so many things to choose from, just take 2 minutes and jot down 5 things so everyone can see where you're coming from.

mikejlb
07-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Steve, I am pretty sure this is the same Tipster that used to ask questions all the time and as far as I know he never bought the program. He only used the demo but he still should have found some combinations with positive ROI... the rest of us have!

Tipster
07-21-2009, 08:36 PM
I don't know I think most of you guys live in fairy tale land and simply are dreamers. I not only used the program but personally dealt with who I believe the most "hard core Jcapper user of all" by emails for months exchanging ideas and reports back and forth and pretty much he agreed with everything I had to say good or bad about Jcapper. And no he never waste his valuable time posting on forums cause he learned from past experiences he doesn't have high enough boots to walk through all the bull$#%* out there.

The funny thing is if I posted something like "I tried Jcapper for some time and while the program had some great things I found other programs that I thought were much better and more powerful. On that note though I will still give Jcapper a A- in my book". If I wrote that then probably this thread would be dead and no one would say a word. But I was trying to give an honest opinion of this software.

Now if I wrote "After putting Jcapper through the wringer and testing every part of it for months on end through a large database I found absolutely no value in it what so ever. If you want your quickest route to the poor house playing the ponies then use Jcapper. On that note I would give it a D+ compared to several other commercial software programs I tested over the decades". Now if I wrote that the Jcapper user world would stop turning and most of you would have your heads pop right off your body.

So I can edit my first post using either of the above statements but no matter which one I used would make me a liar anyway.

DeanT
07-21-2009, 08:45 PM
How about "I used it but did not find anything useful in it for me" instead of telling others who do find something useful in it they are all wrong?

For gosh sakes, three weeks into using it I made a rudimentary model for turf in 2007 and I ran the same model last week to see how it was doing and it was profitable for 2009. It has been profitable since day one for me and I was a junior user. With respect, your "world class Jcapper user" better go back to database school because he clearly does not know how to use the program.

If you do not find something useful in the program, please say so and others might help.

Old Sparky
07-21-2009, 08:52 PM
why am I called an OP have I nOT a NAME, MY name is :( :mad: :lol:this for ryesteve and mikejlb PS call me CASPER

Tipster
07-21-2009, 09:33 PM
How about "I used it but did not find anything useful in it for me" instead of telling others who do find something useful in it they are all wrong?

For gosh sakes, three weeks into using it I made a rudimentary model for turf in 2007 and I ran the same model last week to see how it was doing and it was profitable for 2009. It has been profitable since day one for me and I was a junior user. With respect, your "world class Jcapper user" better go back to database school because he clearly does not know how to use the program.

If you do not find something useful in the program, please say so and others might help.

Wait a minute who said others are wrong? As shown in my first post I said "I" never found anything in it that came near profitable and did not mention anything about others. Or at least not to the bull started. As far as my friend who is probably reading this right, he may lurk but won't bother posting, he must be cracking up on this that he may need to go back to database school. He can probably show you things in Jcapper that I or others still don't even know. I'm not saying any are near profitable but this guy definitely knows this piece of software inside and out. And you think I'm being harsh on it.

As you may have noticed I don't post much and another time I knocked down Jcapper all hell broke loose so why should I think any different. But I couldn't just stand by watching some praise this program from left field. I have people emailing me right now telling me to post this or that as many agree 100% with me but that is not my style to be that honest and rude. But we are at least getting a good laugh through private messaging on this subject.

Hey if you like it then keep on using it that's all that counts. But don't tell me 20 years down the road I told you so. Ok I think let's get onto more "important" handicaping subjects than Jcapper.

Niko
07-21-2009, 10:00 PM
If you're going to compare, compare it to things people can buy.....you have the best program in the world, congrats---and I mean that sincerely if you feel you do.

You seem to have an agenda and other than getting a chance to needle JCapper and it's users to amuse yourself, I'm not sure what it is.

I use it and like it but I've only scratched the surface due to other projects and time limitations. There's so many things I want to do with it. I have one play that's already made it a worthwhile investment-that's enough for me at this point until I can get serious with it.

And Jeff's customer service and the help he provides is A++.

I think everyone's already wasted enough time playing this game.

ryesteve
07-21-2009, 10:24 PM
with so many things to choose from, just take 2 minutes and jot down 5 things so everyone can see where you're coming from.<crickets>

Ok, everyone can see where you're coming from now...

that is not my style to be that honest Finally, something we can agree on! :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
07-21-2009, 10:33 PM
This dude has at least three user names on PaceAdvantage.com

An obvious fraud.

I'm actually thinking of removing this entire fraudulent exchange which happened here in this thread....not the intent of this thread anyway....

JimG
07-21-2009, 10:36 PM
With so many software programs that pass my desk each decade it is impossible to remember every code, label, rating, etc. on each.

Interesting terminology you used here. Funny the software programs never are "passing across my desk". However, I have seen this terminology used repeatedly in the RPM flyers that have the name of Powers, Tracy, Console, or Cz on them.

PaceAdvantage
07-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Intersting terminology you used here. Funny the software programs never are "passing across my desk". However, I have seen this terminology used repeatedly in the RPM flyers that have the name of Powers, Tracy, Console, or Cz on them.Funny also that one of Tipster's aliases on this board was very active in the Pops and Tips thread....

DeanT
07-21-2009, 10:40 PM
The internet never ceases to amaze me.

njcurveball
07-21-2009, 10:44 PM
I want to just give my thanks to Jeff for all he has done for HANA and all of his informative posts here.

I am not a Jcapper fan or user, but he has to be one of most respected posters on the board here. :ThmbUp:

If Tipster or "the Professor" or "46knowitall" or whatever his name is wants to pound his chest there are many other threads to do it. Just admitting he used software profitable to others and could not win with it is a self description of his handicapping abilities. :ThmbDown:

acorn54
07-21-2009, 10:51 PM
i guess i'll chime in with my observations and my experience on using jcapper
i have been using it since november of 2004. i have found it useful in analyzing the various factors found in the tsn datafiles i use. i must say it took me off the path i was handicapping with. i was using alot of william quirin's research before using jcapper and with the analysis that jcapper allows i was able to see that what quirin found valid in handicapping was no longer valid.
i can't say that jcapper has given me the road to riches. i had one good year in 2006 when i bet with pinnacle and got a 7 percent rebate. in 2007 and 2008 using solely jcapper i showed a 2 percent loss in both years. this is i am sure much much less of a loss than i would have shown without the use of the jcapper software.
jeff goes the extra mile in assisting his customers and is a stand up guy that never ceases to try to improve upon his software and is very generous with allowing others to partake in his research.
i am sure there are other software out there that are good and to be honest i have thought of trying them but what keeps me with jcapper is the fact that i can accumulate datafiles at such a low cost using the tsn advantage plan.
other software i have considered such as htr by ken massa would double my expenses and i would only subscribe to something like htr if i was pretty sure my results would be dramatically different than what i get with jcapper.

chickenhead
07-22-2009, 01:04 AM
This thread is my hero

mikejlb
07-22-2009, 01:22 AM
other software i have considered such as htr by ken massa would double my expenses and i would only subscribe to something like htr if i was pretty sure my results would be dramatically different than what i get with jcapper.

Acorn, I agree that using tsn is probably the least expensive source for files and the added cost to use HTR is understandable.

I used HTR for a time and quit because I couldn't afford to keep up with the cost of files. Comparing JCapper to HTR would be a tough call to make because both are very nice programs. Jeff is great with customer support and always trying to improve and I am happy with JCapper. The same can be said about Ken Massa trying to improve his program and his support is great just like Jeff's. I know that you weren't being critical of Ken Massa but since his name was mentioned, I just threw in my $0.02...

ProResearch
07-22-2009, 01:38 AM
Well at least you came clean.

Not sure what you mean by clean. Cause I used my different username to give opinions about Jcapper? Someone once told me that if you talk even a little negative about ANY "paid PA advertiser" you might get banned immediately so just in case I used the Tipster ID. But never would of believed it if I didn't see it for myself. And what is funny going back over my few posts I wasn't really even that negative as I wanted to be. That alone should tell you something that any forum even when listed as "public forum" that relys on paid advertising is always at the mercy of advertisers. Hey can you blame them someone gotta pay the bills?

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2009, 01:51 AM
Not sure what you mean by clean. Cause I used my different username to give opinions about Jcapper? Someone once told me that if you talk even a little negative about ANY "paid PA advertiser" you might get banned immediately so just in case I used the Tipster ID. But never would of believed it if I didn't see it for myself. Completely and totally not true.

There have been PLENTY of NEGATIVE THINGS posted about PLENTY of advertisers.

Ask YOUBET when they were advertising. Ask DAVE SCHWARTZ of HSH. Ask HOOVESPLAYS.com when they were advertising.

The list goes ON AND ON. I have NEVER discouraged ANYONE from posting honest opinions about products or services they have tried. That goes for ADVERTISERS and non-advertisers alike. And if you want to post something OTHER than opinion, well, you're going to have to BACK IT UP with proof.

Opinion is one thing. Trying to pass off facts without evidence to back it up is a totally different animal.

Finally, people who sign up under MULTIPLE user names (which is prohibited on this board) get no quarter from me, regardless of the content of their message.

Now go cry on another forum about how PaceAdvantage bans anyone who says anything negative about an advertiser....as if anyone cares to listen to your bullshit.

Then tell those same people to run a search on YouBet or hoovesplays.com or Dave Schwartz/HSH or any other advertiser that has been criticized on this board.

You're a proven teller of tall tales (negative posts about advertisers do NOT get deleted, except in your case) and a fraud to boot.

Tom
07-22-2009, 07:44 AM
The fact that your hide between multiple names says all I need to know about you. Internet "hide and go seek" is for children and morons. Which do you prefer I call you? :lol:

You would have fit in on the Old Yahoo forum - lots of nuts, little salt.

dvlander
07-22-2009, 03:03 PM
I remember the JCapper board in those days when Tipster et al was posting endlessly. Jeff put up with the crap much, much longer than any of the rest of us would have before banning him. If my memory serves me correctly, Jeff was willing to accept all the negative banter if it was factual, honest and forthright. However, when Tipster hijacked multiple threads to bitch about a suggestion he didn't think was moving quickly enough and then started another new thread about it, Jeff had his fill.

I know from my perspective as a JCapper user, I cringed every time I saw another new thread or post from Tipster. From his own posts in this thread, I think it's clear that he wanted to demo JCapper endlessly to steal ideas. The JCapper board has been a much happier place since his demise.

Hopefully, he and all of his aliases will now disappear from view forever.

Dale

JustRalph
07-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Believe me that was not a real zinger and held back big time what I really think cause didn't want to be so rude about a "decent software program". But I knew you the "protector of Jcapper" will post your useless two cents sooner or later.

Yep, I am useless..........but remember......when I run my wagering report.......it comes up positive.........on the ROI side........with Jcapper.......that's all that counts.

Take off the mask and tell us who you really are.........

Warren Henry
07-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Yep, I am useless..........but remember......when I run my wagering report.......it comes up positive.........on the ROI side........with Jcapper.......that's all that counts.

Take off the mask and tell us who you really are.........
He is a parasite. Takes advantage of demo versions of expensive software in order to steal the good ideas and concepts. Never makes a positive contribution to the handicapping community. Justifies his actions by knocking decent products and people.

As a former software developer/merchant, I recognized his style immediately. If any of my software ever "passed over his desk" years ago, I bet I have him flagged in my database as a customer type DB.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm surprised he didn't pull the ol' tried but true "I was able to reverse-engineer or decompile the Jcapper source code and lift the few good ideas contained within" bullshit...maybe that's coming next...:lol:

Toss_DeLoser
07-22-2009, 07:26 PM
I remember the JCapper board in those days when Tipster et al was posting endlessly. Jeff put up with the crap much, much longer than any of the rest of us would have before banning him. If my memory serves me correctly, Jeff was willing to accept all the negative banter if it was factual, honest and forthright. However, when Tipster hijacked multiple threads to bitch about a suggestion he didn't think was moving quickly enough and then started another new thread about it, Jeff had his fill.

I know from my perspective as a JCapper user, I cringed every time I saw another new thread or post from Tipster. From his own posts in this thread, I think it's clear that he wanted to demo JCapper endlessly to steal ideas. The JCapper board has been a much happier place since his demise.

Hopefully, he and all of his aliases will now disappear from view forever.

Dale

Dale what you posted is absolutely dead-on. Jeff either has the patience of a Monk or some better drugs than I.

I'm a VERY happy JCamper since 5/05.

JackB

formula_2002
07-28-2009, 10:07 PM
the structure of Jcapper would make it an excellent class study for any advance statistical course.

bettheoverlay
07-28-2009, 10:38 PM
the structure of Jcapper would make it an excellent class study for any advance statistical course.

I had to laugh when I read this, its so true. I've just spent about 6 hours each the last 3 nights, modelling the upcoming Saratoga meet using JCappers Data Window, the most addictive thing I have ever encountered. I seem to be living there.

baldvin
07-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Please someone telling me what is this JCapper!!

How you can make living using this? I have no idea what it do.

Thank you!

Tom Barrister
07-29-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm surprised he didn't pull the ol' tried but true "I was able to reverse-engineer or decompile the Jcapper source code and lift the few good ideas contained within" bullshit...maybe that's coming next...:lol:

I'm not sure why that's "bullshit". Assuming that somebody has programming knowledge in the first place, the right decompiler (IDA, for example) will work on most programs, and if deobfuscation is necessary after that, it's mostly grunt work (although it can be very lengthy in some cases). That doesn't mean that I support or decry Tipster or anybody else.

I also tried JCapper, and while I only used the trial, I fed a lot of data into it and gave it as extensive a test as the trial period allowed. Everything I came up with was, at best, in the 0.88 to 0.93 range, without odds or morning line qualifiers. True that limiting plays to horses with a morning line of 12-1 or higher produced a small positive ROI, but the win perentage was below the 10% threshold "comfort level" for me. Similar results can be gotten from factors in HTR and HSH.

Using tote odds qualifiers works a bit better IN RESEARCH, since the off odds are known when backtesting. Using odds qualifiers in practice is another matter, because as we all know, the 5-1 shot that we put into our conditional queue to be bet with 30 seconds to go can drop down to 3-1 after the horses leave the gate. Naturally the odds can also go up, but they seem to drop more often than they rise, probably because a lot of others are doing the same general thing (through automation or manual observation).

I'm not saying that JCapper won't and/or can't produce UDM's that show a positive ROI. If they're there, I didn't find them. To be fair, I haven't found any (save those mentioned above) in HTR, HSH, or Netcapper, either.

As always, you have to do the work if you expect to win. In fairness, JCapper does look like a product that CAN be used profitably, assuming the user is willing to do the research and also analyze each race pointed to on an individual basis.

betchatoo
07-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Another satisfied JCapper. Ditto what everyone says about Jeff both as a person and as being terrific in customer service. I am amazed that he never stops thinking, never stops innovating and works consistently to integrate ideas that not only make the product more profitable but easier to use. Jeff is also a player. He claims to be profitable and, considering his honesty in every thing else, I would take bet real money on the fact he is. Personally, I have had many profitable UDM's, 3 that have been solidly profitable since 2005. Maybe my problem is I'm too dumb to know the program can't be profitable and so I keep screwing up by winning.

DeanT
07-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Well I hope someone is paying for their Jcapper subscription at Del Mar today. The sixth and seventh race winners are setting up a possible mother of a pick 4.

Now if I had only decided to take one..............

rokitman
07-31-2009, 09:24 AM
Jeff P (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL9xOLpwI0I)

headhawg
07-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Maybe my problem is I'm too dumb to know the program can't be profitable and so I keep screwing up by winning.Now that's what I call an endorsement! :)

CapperLou
08-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Have hardly played in past couple of years due to so many challenges with polytracks, ADW's, Pinny going away etal.

A couple of weeks ago I updated my JCapper program to latest version; I've been using JCapper since its beginning.

Just using a few updated udm's and looking at the html reports I can only report that I'm amazed at the number of winners that have been there--there have been horses beaten on the wire too as two were today at WOX at 15-1 and 5-1. BUT, there were back to back winners last week at DMR for 63+ and 41.00. There are winners without even using udms--just look at the html report and sometimes they "jump" out at you. Lots of value winners past couple of weeks as JCapper owners know.

Jeff has been wonderful in assisting me in getting the updated version installed on a new pc. I cannot say enough about this guy. I have and can actually be profitable if I exercise strict discipline in my playing, but as we all know that is very difficult to do at all times.

There are other good programs out there too as we know, but for me JCapper has been my baby for several years now. Thanks Jeff for all you have done for me--a guy who loves horseracing.

CapperLou

garyscpa
08-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Completely and totally not true.

There have been PLENTY of NEGATIVE THINGS posted about PLENTY of advertisers.

Ask YOUBET when they were advertising. Ask DAVE SCHWARTZ of HSH. Ask HOOVESPLAYS.com when they were advertising.

The list goes ON AND ON. I have NEVER discouraged ANYONE from posting honest opinions about products or services they have tried. That goes for ADVERTISERS and non-advertisers alike. And if you want to post something OTHER than opinion, well, you're going to have to BACK IT UP with proof.

Opinion is one thing. Trying to pass off facts without evidence to back it up is a totally different animal.

Finally, people who sign up under MULTIPLE user names (which is prohibited on this board) get no quarter from me, regardless of the content of their message.

Now go cry on another forum about how PaceAdvantage bans anyone who says anything negative about an advertiser....as if anyone cares to listen to your bullshit.

Then tell those same people to run a search on YouBet or hoovesplays.com or Dave Schwartz/HSH or any other advertiser that has been criticized on this board.

You're a proven teller of tall tales (negative posts about advertisers do NOT get deleted, except in your case) and a fraud to boot.

Was Jonnielu ever an advertiser? :)

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Was Jonnielu ever an advertiser? :)You know he was....lol

Ian Meyers
08-08-2009, 07:39 PM
First post! Cool.

I lurk at the HSH board, notice feedback on CJ's figs, and as well look in on the HTR board. Dave, CJ and Ken seem to have the same type people who support them. Just my opinion, but all of those guys probably get that kind of respect because (from what I can see) they work hard to, and really want to, see their customers succeed.

That's all I ask for from a software or figure dude. The rest I leave up to me.

The support comes because those are three stand-up guys in a business where there are very few of them.

SOUTHERN SLEW
10-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I just read this entire thread on JCAPPER 7/09-8/09, I spoke with Jeff a few days ago and was quite impressed with him, his knowledge about handicapping and programming, he is obviously a very intelligent person and I am planning to eventually purchase the program after I have done my due diligence and learn more about the program using the demo version. This looks like a professional level program and what I like about it so far is that you are not committed to purchase expensive monthly data files and I believe there is a lot more that I will learn about handicapping than I already know as I am open minded and willing to learn from someone more knowledgeable than myself. I would love to hear from any current users of the program, I would like to know how you are doing and what kind of results you are getting especially from anyone that plays at Belmont Park. Also how difficult is it to create those UDF for the track you are playing.
steve

CapperLou
10-09-2009, 11:50 PM
This latest update which has dual operating modes-- the regular one and the new and faster sql mode is just wonderful.

I continue to be amazed at the factors and things that Jeff adds to make the program more efficient and faster to do research.

The poster above sent me a PM and I have answered you. If you are or want to be a "professional" player, don't hesitate to look closely at JCapper. You will not be sorry, you will be most likely be very satisfied.

Am I biased? Absolutely!!!!

CapperLou

SOUTHERN SLEW
10-10-2009, 01:56 AM
hi Lou, thanks very much for the encouragement, I have been studying this program non stop for the last 3 days since speaking with Jeff, believe me it feels like studying for a calculus final in college, well in 3 days I have learned how to import in the data from Brisnet, unzip and load the files, manually delete all scratches, calculate and preview the report then interpret the analysis from the HTML report. I have also learned how to create the data base and run the UDm against the data base, just not sure how to integrate this report in conjunction with the HTML report as it seems like 2 separate reports, I am using the default UDM for now until I get a better comprehension about creating UDM, so far its definitely professional level handicapping, I will continue the learning process as I am sure there is a lot more to learn about this program, its a lot different from anything that I have been exposed to before, a completely new concept of handicapping to me as I have never worked with a data base before in this manner. Its almost as if the program has a built in Artificial Intelligence formula that learns from the data base.
steve

Jeff P
03-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Announcement:
I am very pleased to make the following announcement:

Starting today, Monday March 01, 2010 - HDW is now offering monthly data subscription plans to JCapper customers.

The price is $119.00 a month... unlimited file downloads... data and results... covering virtually all tracks in North America where thoroughbred races are run.

HDW's contact info:

HDW Inc.
100 Farmers Bank Square
Suite 120
Georgetown, Ky 40324

phone: 502-570-0333

email:
HDWInc@gmail.com

If you are a JCapper Registered Program Owner, you now have a choice when it comes to data providers... consider signing up. Also, consider reading the HDW Beta testing thread in the private area of the JCapper msg board where you'll find some useful information.

-jp