PDA

View Full Version : Handifast Update.

douglasw32
07-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Don't you hate it when you write a long post and then do not submit it !

Anyway, I have updated my side of the program somewhat and handi is working on some of his and he has pointed out some bugs in my code I have corrected for the better.

I decided to make some more changes I wanted to get to.

I took out the repeat information from the summary in the bottom row of the full pp's

I corrected the Form points and made them tighter so they would total into the FAST fig better, I also set the speed figures from par so they would line up better in the total making it all tighter and more accurate.

I added a quick link to the notepad so when handis tool is open notes can be made.

I made my S1,S2 and S3 figures BOLD if All weather, Italics if on turf and non formatted if dirt (since I do not print in color)

The difficult Scratch process has been left removed since a pen or a print to PDF works just as well.

I changed my H/L/ and M configuration of the Quirin Early Speed points back to the traditional way.

I also want to make everyone aware of the FAST figure's flaws.

It does not take SURFACE into account (since it can change), and it DOES take Distance.

So if the horse has a ZERO in distance, look at Surface/Class/Form/Etc and adjust it (it will be artificially LOW)

Always adjust all of them for Surface.

I use the TOP 4 after that then take a long look at the Full PP's, using HANDI's convenient sorting to make sure I have not missed anything.

The new version is here..

http://localpcpros.com/handifast.exe

If you have any race data in "C:/horse/data" move it if you want it kept.
before installing, install directly to C: as it is set to do (do not change the path) and it will creat what it needs to make both parts work.

If you use the email function you will need to re-enter your smtp info.

I did not update the Legend or Help file with this information yet.

Also I know handi is working out some bugs on his end and I doubt they will ever MATCH exactly, this code is OPEN SOURCE for anyone who wants it so they can program as they see fit advancing it...I think his and mine provide two opinions to the same puzzle and I welcome that myself.

I will update the package with his portion when he gets it done and sent to me.

Enjoy =)

and ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU ALL! for the feedback.

Handiman
07-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Hope to have ver 8.5.1 out to Doug tonight. I added a scrollbar to the summary page. Matched Doug's changes up to my section along with corrected a couple of things he had that needed changing.

Also summary has the form and PCR numbers the same now as Doug does.

Handi :)

douglasw32
07-20-2009, 12:34 PM
NICE!

fight
07-20-2009, 01:00 PM
drew down mondays phil and del phil works fine i get dumdass on del using 8.5 help why. ty

Handiman
07-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Just hot Delaware for $57 winner.

:jump::jump::jump::jump:

Handi

Handiman
07-20-2009, 01:58 PM
You can not play two races at a time with my summary.

Only set to run one track at a time

Handi

fight
07-20-2009, 01:59 PM
you could not of had the winner the file dont work. iam using your 8.5

fight
07-20-2009, 02:01 PM
calls me a dumbass ive been called worse.

hracingplyr
07-20-2009, 03:09 PM
about posting that race and tell us how u decided on that winner Handi.

Handiman
07-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Ok I ran the race using tsn file. The summary comes up.

The top 4 horses based on point accumulation are as follows

horse ml fair odds
5 3.5 1.8
6 10 1.9
2 6 3.6
1 1.5 6

Race is 8.5 furlongs with 3 E and 1 EP horse and 1 P and 1 S... Sort Late Pace top 3 horses 5-2-6 the 6 is a E horse That leaves the 5-2 the 1 is an E horse also.

So races sets up with 3 early horses running like hell the EP trying to keep up. The P which is the 2 ... sets off the pace and when E's are tired then the P is sitting pretty. so I have the 5-2 the S and the P horses.

Any more questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Handi

fight
07-20-2009, 03:33 PM
i need you to put in my del bris file to tell me why it dont work. ill send you the file. where ty fight

Handiman
07-20-2009, 04:00 PM
thephoenixgrp@gmail.com

csmith
07-20-2009, 04:04 PM
i need you to put in my del bris file to tell me why it dont work. ill send you the file. where ty fight

Delaware works fine for me..I am using the TSN files

punteray
07-20-2009, 04:11 PM
There are a lot of money management betting systems, including 'Base Bet + Square root', which I like. It, like the others, was designed for betting 1 horse to win. I like to bet 2 horses, not flat betting but dutching them.

So I wrote a program based on 'Base Bet + Square Root' for money managing Dutching 2 horses. If anyone would like a copy of the program e-mail me at punteray@yahoo.com.

Ray Scalise

Handiman
07-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Fight,

I tried using your drf del file and she no work. So I went and downloaded del straight from bris and it didn't work and neither did the download from yesterday I just tried. I will make a call and see what's going on. Maybe datafile corruption.

Side note.

I am sick to my stomach I was playing finger lakes today and del and suff and anyway here's what my picks looked like last race at finger

r9. 8-3 (11) I only bet the 3 because I just couldn't believe I'd hit another big longshot....so as a scardy cat and not wanting to waste $2 bucks I just bet the 3. :bang:

I'll try and get an answer on the drf files.

Handi :(

fight
07-20-2009, 05:41 PM
what time for the new update love your work.

Handiman
07-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Ok I called bris and the guy I spoke to said nothing has changed in their files. So I opened a couple of them up and went through them,

I have a Churchill from june that works fine and today's del that doesn't. The difference between the two are how they end the file. The program is now picking up a 0 at end of files telling the program that there are no races. So when you click on a race number the program checks to see if you are trying to handicap a race that doesn't exist.

I am emailing then now and hope to have an answer soon. Till then I'd use the tsn files.

Hope to have new version to doug tonight by 9 my time.

Handi

douglasw32
07-20-2009, 07:42 PM
I'll be up...

maybe have it check the file type and if bris not look for the zero (I am sure you thought of that, I just wanted to say something to help from this coast to that one)

=)

douglasw32
07-20-2009, 11:45 PM
http://localpcpros.com/handifast.exe

Newest Version with bugs fixed (we hope)

Not all figures will be exact, I changed the Summary and Full PP's to work off the par of the race, this way using the two together gives the end user two separate yet fundamentally same information.

I love it based on the day I had at FL today.

fyi: I start with Handi's, do some sorting of the top ones, see if the computers 4 picks based on points missed anything.

Compare what I learn there to the "Slightly Different" Summary report, after making adjustments for ZERO distance horses and Surface figure(s)

Then Dig deeper using the Full PP's

I finish it up with either taking a look at whatever consensus info I have (Closer Look, NYPost, etc)

Then I watch the final odds, bet the top 2 choices I settled on Dutched out for Win, (Ray Scalise, I will be contacting you for that generous offer) or the higher odd horse to win with an exacta on the low odd choice with the high odd choice.

That's just my 2 cents.

fight
07-21-2009, 12:19 AM
after sc when the program pops up the pr#s cant be seen .every race must be moved by me to the right to see them can you change that? ty fight

fight
07-21-2009, 12:24 AM
today phil it dont red race 10 it worked in 8.5 this day

Longshot
07-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Doug I'm unable to see the left side of the screen. It cuts off at the line just after the horse's names. I can see all the numbers but can't tell which horse they go with.All efforts to move everything to the right have been unsuccessful.

dirt
07-21-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm having the same problem as far as left side being cut off
See attachment

dirt
07-21-2009, 09:45 AM
I apolgize but filr is to large can't send attachment

fight
07-21-2009, 10:28 AM
this time bris file at phil tues. reads the 1st 4 races no 5th on this is not good.

zgplp
07-21-2009, 12:10 PM
The latest handi version is not showing Bris file PHL races 5 and up also race 4 only shows 3 horses.

douglasw32
07-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi guys, I take it all of this is when you are in the STEP 1 of Handis program.

Is this the case?

Sounds like it may be the resolution on your computers. Since I do not experience the same?

We need to ask Handi...

As for the files not working same thing, I know it is frustrating because the top4 computer picks are a RESOURCE =)

I know he is trying to sort it all out.

If I am correct it is all the "New" part your talking about, if not let me know. the bottom part of the interface should function as always, Choose file, print summary, opens in HTML in browser, print or email ???

Let me know.

dartman51
07-21-2009, 12:58 PM
this time bris file at phil tues. reads the 1st 4 races no 5th on this is not good.

May be an issue with BRIS?? I just loaded PHA TSN PCS file, and it worked fine for every race.

fight
07-21-2009, 03:00 PM
all the problems are in handi program. he needs to move it over about an inch or 2 to the right. and some bris files dont work otherwise its heaven.

Handiman
07-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Sometimes the data files are corrupted for some reason. I have had a lot of files only have 4 or 5 races and that's all. I checked them and that's all that was in them.

here's something you can do...

use notepad and open the race data file. Scroll all the way down to end of the notepad and you should see at the beginning of one line racetrack name, then the date and then the race number.

Do that and see how many races actually in that file.

I am working on the screen resolution thing.

Handiman
07-21-2009, 03:12 PM
One other thing...I am extremely Handsome....so you can't expect me to be smart too! :lol:

Love,
Handsome Handi :cool:

chrisl
07-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Hello Handi: Thanks for your efforts. I live in hot Sacramento {it has been lately} I ran a couple of commercial office projects in Petaluma a few years back. I really love that country. Thanks again Chris

KyRacer
07-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Handi,

I download the Phil file for today from Bris and had the same problem as fight as far as the number of races that your program would show. Listed all the horses in the first three races, and showed only 3 horses in the 4th race and showed no horses in any race after that.

The file doesn't seem to be corrupted. It loads and runs just fine in other non Bris programs that I have and loads all the races and horses in Bris's Custom PP Generator. The problem seems to be on your end. I know others have occasionally had a corrupted file, but I have never came across one from Bris.

KyRacer

douglasw32
07-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Also another thought?

We are both coding it in basic so if it opens in mine and not in yours, it can not be the bris file, but on the other hand maybe it is me "Wrapping" yours into min and launching it, someone go directly to the FAST folder and try opening handis program stand alone and running the problem files...

handifast.exe ????

Maybe I caused it.

Handiman
07-21-2009, 04:57 PM
You're welcome Chris. What a diff from Sac to Alaska...wow!

This file thing is a head scratcher. I will go download it and see what happens on my end.

Handiman
07-21-2009, 05:08 PM
No Doug it's on my end somehow. Maybe picking up an error in a field and not going any further. I will try and track it down.

I'm sorry guys....all I wanted to do was help and not make your lives miserable. I will do everything I can to get this resolved.

Handi :bang:

Handiman
07-21-2009, 05:57 PM
I found the problem. But and it's a big BUTT...I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm going to contact a couple of real smart guys and see if I can get their help.

The basic problem is the program reads file fine up to the 4th horse in the 4th race and then reads a field wrong and it all goes down hill from there. I have checked the file and it seems to be okay.

I'll get back and report what I find asap.

Handi

douglasw32
07-21-2009, 07:05 PM
No Doug it's on my end somehow. Maybe picking up an error in a field and not going any further. I will try and track it down.

I'm sorry guys....all I wanted to do was help and not make your lives miserable. I will do everything I can to get this resolved.

No way , Relax, even broke it is A GRET ASSET ! to my game anyway =)
I of course hope you can fix it...

I could look through the code...maybe it just needs a second set of eyes.

stats
07-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Hi Doug - I downloaded the new program and I was able to get your version and Handi's version to work. However - on the past performances and summary pages it still reads V8.0 Ex: F.A.S.T. Summary V 8.0
Form Adjusted Speed Totals MTH | 2009-07-22

Am I doing something wrong?

douglasw32
07-21-2009, 10:21 PM
That is correct, my version is still the same Handi started with V8.0, no changes other than some formatting...

Handi added to that and created his version 8.5
he did some bug fixes and is at 8.5.1

All is good if that is what your seeing =)

dartman51
07-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Let me add another "bug". I can't get HandiFast to handicap race 13 or beyond. It allows for the 13th race, but when you double click on it, the program crashes. While you're at it, can you add more races?? CRC will occasionally have 13,14 races, and on BIG days at CD and BEL and a few others, they often have 13, 14 and even sometimes 15 races. Thanks so much for all the hard work that went into this program. It is VERY GOOD as is.

Handiman
07-22-2009, 02:21 AM
Yes I will look at my code and see what I need to do to get more race capabilities.

AAcoolguy
07-23-2009, 04:37 AM
Doug could you go into a little more detail about the points, => you know those points. For the life of me I can't figure it out. Thanks.

By the way I came out a little ahead today at Del Mar I was using v8.5.1 with the money management program from punteray. Its a nice little dutching program. Thanks Ray!

douglasw32
07-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Sur, that is how handi has the software picking the top 4, not sure how he handles the surface points (completlet left out or would need adjusting if off urf or rains???) maybe he can answer that.

But anyway I use them to assign that point value to the top 4, but in a certain way.

If BEST in a category it is double point, then the next 3 each get just the actual points.

I total all points for said horse, total all of them to get a % for each horse and create a personal odds line from that.

Now handi's software does that for me !

I hope someday he will let someone "play with" the value for each, but you can still do what I was doing, Copy the summary and paste it into excell, and you can have that do the work for you with a little formula writing.

I also have another theory that certain parts compliment each other.

cl (Class) OR PC (Performance Class)

Ds (Distance) OR Jk (Jockey)

EP (2F Pace Avg) or LP (Late Pace Average) <--deciding factor for me after I have the point totals.

Fm (Form Points) or FAST (Average of All Categories)

aw/tf/my/dt (Surface today) OR Tr (Trainer)

s3/2/1 (Speed last 3 races) OR Rk/of (Good work either rank or %age of)

Handiman
07-23-2009, 01:41 PM
I have Bobby from Bris looking into the data file problem. Also a technician in France is going to be looking at my program code and the data file to see what maybe the problem. He is very familiar with the language I write code in so have some people on it.

also Doug if you want to give it a shot if you have time, let me know and I will send you the stuff.

By the way I too played Del Mar live yesterday. I was playing live with a friend. Did well. In the 10th race Handifast top 3 horses in point accumulation were 9-5-4 I played the 9-5 to win and a large show on the 9. I'm not a trifecta player but think I will change my mind a bit.

The 9-5-4 delivered a $425.00 $1 tri payoff. My playing buddy posted it before the race somewhere not sure where.

That's the latest.

Oh and I'd be interested in seeing the dutch program. I wrote one a couple of years ago called The Dutchman. It allows up to 4 horse dutch and well you'd have to see it.

punteray
07-23-2009, 03:05 PM
send me your email and I will send you a copy.

Ray

punteray
07-23-2009, 03:07 PM
my email is punteray@yahoo.com

douglasw32
07-23-2009, 05:11 PM
I
also Doug if you want to give it a shot if you have time, let me know and I will send you the stuff. :)

Send it ! I want to learn this liberty basic anyhow while I have 30 days =)

headhawg
07-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah Liberty Basic is good. In fact, you doing F.A.S.T has inspired me to revisit my code for a handicapping project that I started a couple of years ago. Hit a snag, and gave up on it but I am motivated again.

Another good Basic language is Emergence Basic. I mean superfast and powerful. But, it's really not for the inexperienced coder like me.

Handiman
07-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Doug,

When I get through with Del Mar today I will send the code to you.

Handi:)

AAcoolguy
07-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Sur, that is how handi has the software picking the top 4, not sure how he handles the surface points (completlet left out or would need adjusting if off urf or rains???) maybe he can answer that.

But anyway I use them to assign that point value to the top 4, but in a certain way.

If BEST in a category it is double point, then the next 3 each get just the actual points.

I total all points for said horse, total all of them to get a % for each horse and create a personal odds line from that.

Now handi's software does that for me !

I hope someday he will let someone "play with" the value for each, but you can still do what I was doing, Copy the summary and paste it into excell, and you can have that do the work for you with a little formula writing.

I also have another theory that certain parts compliment each other.

cl (Class) OR PC (Performance Class)

Ds (Distance) OR Jk (Jockey)

EP (2F Pace Avg) or LP (Late Pace Average) <--deciding factor for me after I have the point totals.

Fm (Form Points) or FAST (Average of All Categories)

aw/tf/my/dt (Surface today) OR Tr (Trainer)

s3/2/1 (Speed last 3 races) OR Rk/of (Good work either rank or %age of)

Thanks Doug, the more I use Handifast the more I'm liking it. Understanding how the points are used makes all the difference. I will have to go back and add the points from v8 to see how they compare with v8.5.1.
I am dutching three of the top four Handifast horses based on form points and am holding my own at Del Mar so far. I am also being very selective with my bets, staying with the higher purse races and no maidens.

P.S. I'm using TSN files, just because they are cheeper. At Hollywood I was using BRIS because I had several other programs that could also use them. If all I need is FAST then why spend the extra $$$?

dirt
07-23-2009, 10:18 PM
downloaded bris file for cby sat. 7/25 handifast only opens race 1 when trying to open the rest of the races I get the ' hey dumbass there aren't that many races' message
I was able to get all races when using the fast program.
I also downloaded cby 7/25 tsn file and handifast worked fine.

Handiman
07-23-2009, 10:48 PM
I really appreciate everyone's patience. I know there are problems and we are trying to get them worked out. Maybe it's amazing anything works at all since Doug and I are programming in different languages and combining things.

But Doug has done a great job with his program. Or maybe we should thank his wife...:lol:

Now to get a bit more serious....I have a question. If you were on the yellow brick road and got to ask the wizard for something...like maybe being able to change the points for the different columns and maybe weight the columns based on your own desires...is that something you might ask for and would you use it? Or are there other things you would ask for.....and listen you smart asses...don't say just make this one work...LOL Believe me I really want too! :blush:
Hope you know I'm just kidding as I was about the Dumbass notice..just having some fun. Anyway let me know what you think.

fight
07-23-2009, 10:50 PM
no good same story spend a buck get nada.

douglasw32
07-24-2009, 12:07 AM
Oh Wizard of Handi, let me pick the point values =) PLEASE :ThmbUp:

Everyone else, try this... :bang:

http://localpcpros.com/handifast2.exe

I wrote a new readme file (read it after the install)

This Breaks Apart my interface (and jazzed it up a little, since I had to work with it anyhow) and HANDI's program, still creating all of the Directories that are needed and making mine able to be put anywhere again.

See if me wrapping a liberty basic program into a VB6 program on up to dat .net computers caused the BUG in handis program all along?

douglasw32
07-24-2009, 12:21 AM
On my end now it seems to be just the bris files that fail in handi's part not the TSN 50 centers??? anyone else?

stats
07-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Doug - I just downloaded and installed the updated HANDIFAST2.exe and everything is working fine with the BRIS files.

fight
07-24-2009, 09:00 AM
i drew down the new file wheres handifast i dont see it?

stats
07-24-2009, 09:04 AM
When I downloaded - it created a file called handisfast8.5.1

dartman51
07-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Handi, just a couple of issues. Yesterday the CBY file didn't show the date on the print out, nor would it read the last race, #9. This was the TSN PCS file. I have several other programs that I ran it through and it worked fine. Also CBY was the only track, yesterday, that did that. I previously mentioned to Doug, that the print out doesn't identify DIRT and TURF races properly. Does your final formula take into account the track surface? For future versions, it would be nice if we had the capability to change the surface for when a race is taken off the TURF. Or if the track is MUDDY. I'm not sure what formula you use to get your final 4, but can I assume that the 2 sets of #'s with the final 4, are ML and True Odds?

Thanks for all your hard work.

TS

REBel
07-24-2009, 11:48 AM
I really appreciate everyone's patience. I know there are problems and we are trying to get them worked out. Maybe it's amazing anything works at all since Doug and I are programming in different languages and combining things.

But Doug has done a great job with his program. Or maybe we should thank his wife...:lol:

Now to get a bit more serious....I have a question. If you were on the yellow brick road and got to ask the wizard for something...like maybe being able to change the points for the different columns and maybe weight the columns based on your own desires...is that something you might ask for and would you use it? Or are there other things you would ask for.....and listen you smart asses...don't say just make this one work...LOL Believe me I really want too! :blush:
Hope you know I'm just kidding as I was about the Dumbass notice..just having some fun. Anyway let me know what you think.

Handi:

Is it doable to be able to cut and paste your final 4 and odds into Excel? Would save some time on the user's end.

Thanks.

dirt
07-24-2009, 12:21 PM
On my end now it seems to be just the bris files that fail in handi's part not the TSN 50 centers??? anyone else?

Doug,
downloaded latest version and cby 7/25 tsn file works for races 1 thru 10 but crashes when trying to open race 11.

Charli125
07-24-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't use the program, but I just wanted to say that I'm very impressed with what you've created. You've basically taken the opinions/input of all interested parties on this board, and created software to help out in the handicapping process.

I can't think of anywhere else where I've seen this kind of thing. Well done guys!

Tom
07-24-2009, 12:44 PM
I'll second that - it has been fun watching you guys work this out and grow this program. Then, to share it with everyone - a big :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

goforgin
07-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Two thumbs up on the effort of everyone involved. I monitor the progress on a daily basis. It's amazing watching what goes into building a software program. Keep up the good work. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Handiman
07-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Thank you guys for all the kind words. As I said before, this is Doug's baby and I'm just like one of those little fish you see tagging along with the shark in the ocean films.

When I offered to help I didn't realize what a blast this would be to do and be involved with as it has been. And everybody has been cool with the Dumbass notice.....can't help it, that just makes me laugh every time I think about it. :blush:

I have received some very good ideas on where to go from here...But my first effort will be to get done what Doug wants to see. I am working on that. And then we'll see what else we can do to this thing.

Plus I'm really trying hard to figure out this bris file thing. I have Bobby at Brisnet checking things plus waiting to hear from a coding team of Engineers in France.....Ok well one old guy trying to help sift through my code in Paris. :p The coding team things sure sounds better though.

Thanks for everybody's support and again Thank You Doug.

csmith
07-24-2009, 04:34 PM
I also want to thank both of you for the work you have put into this program. More than that I want to thank you for making the price of the program very affordable :D I also have some ideas about a wish list of things for the future but for now everything is great. The work both of you have done is very much appreciated here

Roger
07-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Again, thank's for a very nice program Doug and Handi!
I use TSn Procaps files with PCS extension...Handis 8.5.1 will read the files from the Horse/data folder, but Doug's will not, and there is no option in the drop box to read all files...I wonder if there is a solution to this without changing the extension to DRF? Just a great job on this Program.

Thank's
Roger,

applebee
07-24-2009, 08:21 PM
I dont envy you guys, debuggin a program is hard and frustrating. You guys are doing a fine job.:)

Terry

douglasw32
07-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Again, thank's for a very nice program Doug and Handi!
I use TSn Procaps files with PCS extension...Handis 8.5.1 will read the files from the Horse/data folder, but Doug's will not, and there is no option in the drop box to read all files...I wonder if there is a solution to this without changing the extension to DRF? Just a great job on this Program.

Thank's
Roger,

That ones easy , I will make that work over the weekend.

BTW- All these good words from all the folks I hold in high respect is the motivation.

Like I said at the beginning, none of this would have been possible without the help I got on this very board...everyday something new, so thanks all of you.

AAcoolguy
07-25-2009, 01:12 AM
I would like to voice a concern I have with all of the changes that are/have been taking place. I'm not a programmer and I have no clue as to what goes into programming so bear with me. I am afraid that we may end up with "just another program". I have been using FAST with some success and I like how the program works as is. Something was mentioned earlier about being able to change the weight of the points or being able to manipulate the information in the program. I feel the strength of the program is the FAST figure and if we are able to make changes we have lost the "unique-ness" of the program and might as well be using Beyer figs or BRIS figs or whatever.
Anyway, I hope this makes some sense. I have tried other programs where you can weight the different handicapping categories and I just wind up chasing what worked yesterday. Thanks.

Viruss
07-25-2009, 06:19 AM
GREAT!!!!!!!!!

1st rank 1 won $6.00
2nd t3 won $5.20
3rd 2 won $5.20
4th 1 won $8.40
5th t2 won $19 40
6th 1 won $6.00
7th 1 won $3.80 ex $21.80
8th t1 won $7.40
9th 1 won $3.20
10th 2 won $6.20 ex $21.00

Thanks guys.....Earl J

douglasw32
07-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Acool, Understood, my thought on that is, if everyone using a free program agrees you have no value anyway =(

Also handicappers NEVER agree on anything, when it comes to figures!

If you like the way it works now, no sweat, leave the defaults (the points I use) unchanged.

But I am usually throwing it in a spreadsheet anyway (using the data as a tool) and making adjustments or doing it with a pen at the last min when a horse scratches.

I.E. race is off the turf, the favorite in the turf race scratched.
and it is for maiden claimers.

Then I might want to give 20 points to the top MUD Rating horses.
and 20 for FORM

Right now, I am right back to using a calculator to do that. =)

That is the only change I still want that handi may be able to do.

I hope that clears it up.

I also have found a way to calculate a total to create a way to find the top 4 on my summary sheet for those having trouble with bris files in handis add on, and with a config file you can set the points however you want so I am making headway on my own with handi's motivation =)

It is not as automatic as he can pull of but I think I can get it to work, so some quick changes in a file pull off what I need.

Handiman
07-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Congrats to virus for the great day at MNR. I played Del Mar yesterday and hit 8 winners out of 9 races. Playing two horses. One race I missed completely, but the winner was a $46 horse if I remember.

Anyway back to the reason for this post.

AA,

I understand your concern and I agree with you 100%. That's why Handifast in it's present state will remain the same. Any changes that come down the pike will be modular in nature. By that I mean you will be able to use the program as it stands right now for time in memorium.

But as I add things that others might want, they will be addons that will only change their individual program based on their selection of a master interface.
For the first time I am winning on an almost daily basis and I'm not giving that up. That's why I thank Doug all the time for letting me be part of this. But part of the fun for me is to be able to deliver cool things to people on this board.

So for you and me...handifast will continue to operate as it does, and for other's changes, refinements, bells and whistles...whatever you want to call them will be delived to the best of my ability.

Hope that clears things up.

tryto
07-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Handi,

I still have the problem of not showing the full program on screen.

I get the right side but unable to show the Horses name an numbers.

I think some time back you said you wld correct this problem.

Thanks for all the hard work you and Doug are doing.

Are you still peddling Ice Cream on the Oregon Coast ??

Handiman
07-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Me no sella da Icea Cream!

I'm sorry I meant to get to the screen resolution problem. I will Look into it today!

Handi :blush:

AAcoolguy
07-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Congrats to virus for the great day at MNR. I played Del Mar yesterday and hit 8 winners out of 9 races. Playing two horses. One race I missed completely, but the winner was a $46 horse if I remember.

Anyway back to the reason for this post.

AA,

I understand your concern and I agree with you 100%. That's why Handifast in it's present state will remain the same. Any changes that come down the pike will be modular in nature. By that I mean you will be able to use the program as it stands right now for time in memorium.

But as I add things that others might want, they will be addons that will only change their individual program based on their selection of a master interface.
For the first time I am winning on an almost daily basis and I'm not giving that up. That's why I thank Doug all the time for letting me be part of this. But part of the fun for me is to be able to deliver cool things to people on this board.

So for you and me...handifast will continue to operate as it does, and for other's changes, refinements, bells and whistles...whatever you want to call them will be delived to the best of my ability.

Hope that clears things up.

Thanks Doug and Handi, glad you understand and that my concerns are understood. Thanks for ALL you do!

douglasw32
07-25-2009, 04:25 PM
I found the COOLEST WAY to use my reports wrapped into google chrome.

Same reports (well I added one thing, to get it to count the points like handi did (sort of) not sure how it will line up with his version.

I'll show everyone later, I am using it right now so I can't upload yet.

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Anyone want to check this out...

It will overwrite your current one unless you move it.

this has to go to C:\FAST

it does so automatically on install.

It is a whole new way of opening the program, it uses the custom PP generators from Bris or tsn or multicaps for the full pp info.

It has a config file where you can put in your own point values for the categories.

It creates a new (s+$) figure in the summary ,the top 4 are the contenders.

all other figs are still the same.

It comes with a stand alone spreadsheet for copy and pasting, it uses a custom set up of google's chrome with bookmarks and a handicapper ready start page for information and downloading.

no scratching or sorting you still need a printer and pen, pdf xchange, or a paste to the spreadsheet.

I LOVE this incarnation...and I think this shuld be the new kid on the block.

I think it makes things faster.

Has a button to open the folder that handi's is in (not the program itself) but makes it easier to find it.

Comes in at a hefty 51 megs on the download.

http://localpcpros.com/FAST_CHROMED.exe

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 01:59 AM
Re-Uploading, should be there by 2am est.

BTW- The points are all set at 10, I assign 5, 10, 15, 20 like so for each, each person will have to play with that.

When I get a working set I'll post it.
at 10 each nothing is weighted.

Roger
07-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Beautiful Doug!!! Thank's for accomodating the PCS files...Very nice upgrade/

Roger, :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Roger
07-26-2009, 07:39 AM
I have encountered a Problem with the new Version..My first card loaded perfectly. However, when trying to load subsequent cards, only the initial card will load....the only way I can see subsequent cards is by clicking on Race Data in the folder.
Thank's Doug for all the effort and hard work!
Roger,

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Hi Roger, I am not understanding completely so I just guessing in this response, you can fill in the details if I miss something.

Do you mean inside the Full PP's button that launches, procaps, tsn or bris.

If I am correct then your not doing anything wrong, it is just a launcher to that programs interface, you would still need tointeract with there interface as you always have...load a file etc.

there is no way to pass the file you have selected to those programs, so the last one you used shows up at first?

Is that what you are referring to, or the handifast program that you open from the handifast folder after clicking that button, same thing you are in another program completely and need to follow those instructions.

If it is happening when you select a file and then open the summary, and click on "Our summary report" then Chrome is not refreshing the page or the data is not writing to the file and we have a problem =(

Roger
07-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Let me clarify Doug...

Open the FAST folder
Click on FASTpp's
Click on Choose Files
Select File
Click on Summary
Click on Open our Summary report

It then always defaults to the first card that I opened...The only way I can access the subsequent file is by clicking Data Files, and there it is.

Now, in regards to the Full PP's, after doing the above and clicking on Full PP's I get "Path Not Found" runtime error.

All files are in Horse/Data in c:/

Roger

Roger
07-26-2009, 09:27 AM
I meant Race Data Files in the previous Post..I'm hoping the problem is on my end!

Roger,

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Okay I follow that =)

The "path not found" would be either you do not have the custom pp's program or whatever your clicking on downloaded (links on the main handicappers daily page) or you installed them in a directory other than the default the program uses?

The odd thing about the summary is it should point to theracedata.htm, when you click on the link in the browser and google chrome should just refresh it.

Try doing one, then another, and instead of clicking on the racedata.htm file in the folder directly, try clicking the refresh button in Google Chrome.
It looks like a Arrow circling (top left)

All I can think is it is not refreshing the data, other than taking a look, of course I have only tested it on my Machine so maybe we can get some more feedback down the road.

Thanks for the feedback.

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Re-Uploading with a different built in spreadsheet for copy/paste, this one works (open source and free to include)

52 min left so around 11:30 or so try downloading it again...

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 11:08 AM
The one I am uploading is the complete opposite of the first Chrome Revamp...

I shoved too much into that one, it was big and lets face it, anyone using it already has a spreadsheet they use, a handicapping program they open etc, all this thing needs to do for the masses is kick out the Summary, the figs that are only in there and the convenience of the sorting tool handi has made.

So give this 10 more min, EVERYONE let me know what you think ???

Or someone maybe make one of those neat polls (not sure how to) and nail down what should be in it, but CHROME and the handicappers daily start page, and handi's add on are a must !

10 more min. I have to go take care of the honey do list.

lsosa54
07-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi Doug. In playing with the points, I tested a config of 75 pts. on Performance Class Rating and 25 on Best of Last 3 Speed Fig, 0 points on everything else. In races with 1st timers, like the last at DMR on Sat., it comes up with huge S + ($) totals.

Reason is, it appears the 1st timers all have a PCR of 65. Although I'm not sure of the formula for PCR, they should all have 0's, correct, as they haven't run?

Thanks for checking it.

On another note, do I recall you saying that the Class rating is based on the Winner's Speed Rating info in the BRIS file? If so, is it an average of the last 3 races, the last race, or something else?

Using the Winners Speed Rating I can see on the BRIS PP Generator, I can't tie in to the class rating no matter what I do. Also, if it's a 3 race average, horses with only 2 lines are getting a screwy class #.

Thanks again.

P.S. Also, is the scratch file gone from FAST now?

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Let me check on the firsters...most likely I overlooked something.

The scratch files is gone just why I try to figure out something better.

Roger try this again, I reuploaded it.

Roger
07-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Doug, No matter what i try, it loads a file that has been loaded previously. It will not load the file that I am trying to load...It will load that same file over and over again.
I'm sure it's on my end but it's mighty puzzling!

Roger, :confused: :confused: :confused:

lsosa54
07-26-2009, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=douglasw32]Let me check on the firsters...most likely I overlooked something.

Here's an example that may help. It doesn't involve 1st timers, but the totals are strange. My config is 60 pts. on PCR, 40 pts. on best of last 3, 0 pts. on all else.

How can Paddys Pro, having one U.S. running line, and a 75 best of 3 speed and a PCR of 72 have a 91 total while Unbridled Story, with a best last 3 speed of 89 and with a PCR of 74, have a total of 80? Thanks for checking

Roger
07-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Here is the real puzzling part.It's loading a file AQU 1-04-09 which I don't even have in the Horse/data folder or anywhere else?????
Roger,

Roger
07-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Doug, forget it..I figured out what I am doing wrong!!! I had moved the FASTfolder to my desktop (copy). I was under the impression that could be done.

When initiating program from folder in C: everything seems to be working OK.
Sorry for the drama!

Roger

Handiman
07-26-2009, 02:49 PM
For anyone who is having trouble with handifast summary fitting their screen, please post and let me know what screen resolution you are using.

Thank you.

Handi

Roger
07-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Handi, I'm using 1024x768 and it's too far to the left. If i expand it it cuts off part of the last speed figure....If using 1280x1024, it fits beautifully but a little tough on the eyes.
Roger,

dartman51
07-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Handi, I'm using 1024x768 and it's too far to the left. If i expand it it cuts off part of the last speed figure....If using 1280x1024, it fits beautifully but a little tough on the eyes.
Roger,

I have mine set at 1280 by 768, and it is perfect.:ThmbUp:

Roger
07-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Reset mine to Medium (16 bit) 1280x768 ....Like Dartman fits perfect.

Roger, :ThmbUp:

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Doug, forget it..I figured out what I am doing wrong!!! I had moved the FASTfolder to my desktop (copy). I was under the impression that could be done.

When initiating program from folder in C: everything seems to be working OK.
Sorry for the drama!

Roger

ROGER, so cool, I signed on to ask if you had moved the actual .exe and not a shortcut ?

But you got it, and you did in a round about way =) the preciouse versions were portable, I updated the readme in this last one to state it has to be in c: for chrome to find the home page.

You could move it, it will still work, still process, but you would need to change these two paths in the adress bar.

file:///C:/FAST/racedata.htm

and

file:///C:/FAST/handicapperswin.html

to file:///(wherever you moved them).htm(l)

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Reset mine to Medium (16 bit) 1280x768 ....Like Dartman fits perfect.

Roger, :ThmbUp:

Odd about the 16 bit ? maybe it just needed the reset in general, try throwing it back up to 32 bit.

AAcoolguy
07-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Handifast won't open race 10

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=douglasw32]Let me check on the firsters...most likely I overlooked something.

Here's an example that may help. It doesn't involve 1st timers, but the totals are strange. My config is 60 pts. on PCR, 40 pts. on best of last 3, 0 pts. on all else.

How can Paddys Pro, having one U.S. running line, and a 75 best of 3 speed and a PCR of 72 have a 91 total while Unbridled Story, with a best last 3 speed of 89 and with a PCR of 74, have a total of 80? Thanks for checking

Nice example thanks, Something is up ?
I'll figure it out...

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Here is the real puzzling part.It's loading a file AQU 1-04-09 which I don't even have in the Horse/data folder or anywhere else?????
Roger,

That was my tip off, thats what I ran before zipping it.
and uploading

pat
07-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Hi doug

Can you please post another legend sheet ,with what are the key factors to focus on in the summary

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Hi doug

Can you please post another legend sheet ,with what are the key factors to focus on in the summary

Yes

The first timers I have to figure out, thanks for noticing that one...
The other was the ZERO's (I mad a change so if you use a zero, and it make sense but computer programs doing math hate zeros in many ways =)
it will see the zero as a 1.

I will reupload a better working one later, for now, if your using it, make the zeros all 1's or 10's or whatever, see if that helps.

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Oh and the class should be the wiiners speed rating of the last 5 (or 4, or 3 or 2 or 1) if they have not run 5,4,3,2 etc etc... averaged into the horses speed rating in same number of races.

lsosa54
07-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Yes
if your using it, make the zeros all 1's or 10's or whatever, see if that helps.

Didn't help either way. Using 1's still gave Paddy's a 10 pt. edge over Unbridled and using 10's gave it a 7 point edge. Something doesn't seem to be pulling in correctly into that S + [$] column.

Thanks for the explanation on class.

Handiman
07-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Anybody playing Del Mar..? I posted handifast picks on my site this morning. Hit the 1st for $14 :jump: and just hit the 4th for $27 :jump:

Love this program....Thanks a million to Doug!!!!!

dartman51
07-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Did anyone notice the SHOW payoffs at CBY today, in the 1st race, Handifast had the
3 YAPPAH DO
5 B.B. Hill....................2nd.........11.60...68.20
2 TURTLE MOUNTAIN.....3rd.................$122.00
1 Sahan......................1st $6.40..6.00....42.20

This was great for the SHOW players.:jump:

Speed Figure
07-26-2009, 06:56 PM
I think a stimulus package is coming for handicapping software sellers!:lol: :D

Handiman
07-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Hey speed....

I don't know about the software sellers..but our FREE software seems to be doing ok...:)

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Didn't help either way. Using 1's still gave Paddy's a 10 pt. edge over Unbridled and using 10's gave it a 7 point edge. Something doesn't seem to be pulling in correctly into that S + [$] column.

Thanks for the explanation on class.

Try downloading it now, see what it does ?

I messed with it a little...

Handiman
07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Finished Del Mar hitting the 1st...4th....9th......10th. Skipped the 7th because of too many 2 year old first timers. Had a great day.

Hope everyone else did well!

douglasw32
07-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Try downloading it now, see what it does ?

I messed with it a little...

douglasw32
07-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Ignore the figures in the last column util further notice, the s-$

douglasw32
07-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Okay this one is working (I hope)

I had good results with setting the points like so...

in order...

Class
Distance
Best of Early/Late Pace
Form
Performance Class
FAST
Trainer
Jockey
Best of last 3 Speeds
2nd Best of last 3 speed figures

When you download this it will be set with all of them at 10

http://localpcpros.com/FAST_CHROMED_2.exe

Top 4 in the last column should do a good job at sorting contenders, I have noticed a TOP or more in any other row, often overides not being in the top 4, and do not forget that the surface is not taken into account in the automatic number s-$, thus the s- label to remind me to look at the SURFACE numbers.

A note on that I take a low surface figure as a negative not the other way around giving xtra credit for a high one.

Mon
07-28-2009, 12:30 PM
hello Doug, interesting application you have worked hard on developing;
can you list the values for the ranges (i.e minimum to maximum values)

Class
Distance
Best of Early/Late Pace
Form
Performance Class
FAST
Trainer
Jockey
Best of last 3 Speeds

Thanks !

douglasw32
07-28-2009, 09:30 PM
I really do not know, I guess that's why I tossed it out there.

I do not really know how it will/will not work...I don't have databasing skills or a large sample set.

I just know that I do not think all things are created equal and I notice somethings predict future outcome more strongly...I however am not at this point sure what that range is.

It is still an experiment each day on this end.

And I hope having it out there brings back some other opinions and maybe further development.

Old Timer
07-29-2009, 02:03 AM
Doug,

How do you change the points settings from the default to settings of your choice?

Old Timer

douglasw32
07-29-2009, 08:11 AM
On the newest version I sent out (chromed)

Click on the button "config points"

It only changes my report it does not do anything to the handi ones (thank god)

pat
07-29-2009, 08:26 AM
doug

How do i get the summary or adjusted speed totals to open in the pdf xchanger so I can mark it up Also when you have time can you post the legend

douglasw32
07-29-2009, 01:32 PM
You need to first print them to a pdf printer like billzip, cutepdf or primo pdf (google any of these they are all free)

Handiman
07-29-2009, 10:55 PM
I won't bore you with all the details, but the fair is in town and races started today. Have a couple of buddies going to opening day today and they asked if I would handicap Santa Rosa and Del Mar for them.

So I did and gave them the picks this morning. Long story short, I had given them 10-1 in Del Mar 8th. My one buddy had to leave to meet people for dinner, so made the Del 8th bet to win on both and then had to leave to meet people for dinner.

I called him after the race and asked if he played the race. He said yea, he put $50 on each horse to win...but since he had to leave he had no idea how it turned out. He was driving so I quickly told him the 1 won and paid $37....he screamed and almost got in a wreck.

So the moral here is 'Don't Bet and Drive'. :lol:

douglasw32
07-29-2009, 11:31 PM
crazy

Handiman
07-31-2009, 02:15 AM
2 things. First off. I often post my positive days of which I'm pretty proud. But need to balance the scales a bit. Played Del Mar and Santa Rosa Fair today. The fair was done live while I sat in the stands and yelled a lot. :mad:

Anyway, Del Mar gave me a nice negative ROI today of about 31% and Santa Rosa around negative 21%....those figures are close anyway. Not terrible but still a losing day. At Santa Rosa had 4 2nds. Beat out in the last couple hundred feet. Anyone of them come in and break even probably would have happened..but oh well there's always tomorrow.

Now for the interesting part. I have added the points in for the contenders and labeled what everything there stands for above the contenders. Also I have it set where with a click of a button a box pops up with the contender information in it and you can copy it. But here is the rub.

I have open office and when I open the spreadsheet and then click paste the info does not land neatly separated into different cells. So I need some help on what to do, because as I said before I am not a spreadsheet guy.

Sooner I get this figured out, sooner new version can be released.

pat
07-31-2009, 04:43 AM
cAN YOU EXPLAIN THE MEANINGS OF FORM PERFORMANCE CLASS AND FAST

headhawg
07-31-2009, 09:52 AM
Handi,

Can't you just save the important numbers/info to a .csv file? You could save the info as a string (with the info separated by commas) and then output it to a .csv file, or just do it directly from the variables/arrays. Basically then users could import the comma-delimited file into Excel without you having to worry about html or spreadsheet "structure".

Good luck.

HH

Handiman
07-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Pat,

You will need to ask Doug for the explanations. I have a pretty good idea, but he would be much better at explaining how things came about.

Head,

I will give it a shot at putting info into a csv file. Thanks for the help. taking my wife to the races today and so I will be back programming tonight and see if I can get it done and ready to release.

headhawg
07-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Just some simple LB code:

test$="1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8"
Open "test.csv" for output as #1
Print #1, test$
' the file will now contain the data in variable test$
Close #1
endAs the filename ends in .csv, Excel can open it directly. And if you need a "row and column" format then just use a 2d array. The code will be trickier, but not too tough I don't think.

Viruss
07-31-2009, 03:17 PM
i downloaded the Chrome and can't get it to work keep getting a runtime error 53

Earl J

zgplp
08-01-2009, 02:10 AM
Handi

I read your post from today regarding your negative return at Del Mar and if you don't mind me asking I am curious as to how you are betting (WPS,or Exotics), the data file you are using, and the consensus for your plays.

While I am downloading both BRIS and TSN files, I am using the BRIS for my plays which consist of $2 EXB, $2 TRI BX and $2 Supers. I am using the top 4 and then accounting for Class/Form/surface/JK/TR . I also played Del Mar today and my investment of $840 returned $1439.00

Winning the 1st, 2nd, 7th and 8th races...I passed on the 4th and 6th cause of maidens....and I am embarrassed to say I won the 1st and 7th because my investment of $240 between those two races returned a whopping $196.00 which is not a win as far as I am concerned, if I had not caught the 2nd and 8th race EXB and TRI it would have been a negative day for me as well

The top 4 picks between the two files BRIS and TSN vary from being the exact same to having 1 or 2 different choices... the races I lose using BRIS will almost always have 1 of the finishers from the TSN file, boxing 4 horses in an exacta borders on ridiculous so boxing 5 would be unthinkable. I wish I new what data the software was pulling from the TSN file that picks the horse that almost always costs me from winning the TRI and Super bets while using the top 4 from BRIS...I am not used to boxing 4 horses for an exacta because the majority of times even though I may win the race, my $24.00 investment is greater then the return, I am being saved by the trifecta/super wins when they occur and thankfully I have caught some monsters using this software.

Is it possible to compare the the two files to find out why BRIS and TSN do not pick the same horses...I have at least 40 files of both TSN and BRIS for the same races from the various tracks I have been playing daily that I would be happy to send you or if you tell me what track you are playing live I would send you the opposing file for comparison.

all in all this software has great advantages over my normal handicapping methods as it is much more cost efficient...it is hard to believe this is freeware....big thanks to you and Doug

douglasw32
08-01-2009, 09:29 AM
I swear AS SOON as my day job slows, and The kids go back to school, I will detail, every thing the program does, the theory behind the formulas, the formulas themselves, the legend for the screens and reports, an installation step-by-step tutorial.

I will package whatever final version of mine and handi's that we come up with into an actual INSTALLER that puts a shortcut on the desktop and comes with the above information.

And we can "weld it" and say it is no longer beta.

BUT...... this part, "AS SOON as my day job slows, and The kids go back to school" Is preventing it from happening for a few months, so for now I will continue to piece mail whatever I can to the forum.

i downloaded the Chrome and can't get it to work keep getting a runtime error 53

Earl J

At what point do you get the error...doing what ?

Is it possible to compare the the two files to find out why BRIS and TSN do not pick the same horses...

I am positive it is the fact that the TSN file does NOT include pedigree ratings, and I rely on them to replace speed figures.

It always takes a speed figure over pedigree rating, and under certain circumstances averages the two of them.

That has to be all that is different, now here is what I would love to know with those 40 files you have if your bored, or remember off the top of your head ?

Which one puts the most horses on top more often?

I have always thought of removing it so it matches tsn since I use bris, but did not dare not knowing if one was better than the other.

Your thoughts?

Viruss
08-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Hi Doug

i get the error when i go to pull up the summary.... error 53 file not found.

Earl J

Mon
08-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi Doug

i get the error when i go to pull up the summary.... error 53 file not found.

Earl J

Hello Viruss, check and see that the application is installed in c:\ (root drive)
you should have 3 directories listed in c:
a) fast
b) horse
c) handisfast8.5.1

Handiman
08-01-2009, 12:21 PM
ZG,

I will do the best I can to answer your questions. First off, tsn and bris are the same company now. Like Doug said the difference seems to be in the pedigree effect between the two data files.

Here's a little theory of mine as it relates to our programs. Like Doug said once, something about horses running on dirt versus turf. And my response is that all races are run on dirt, it's just some have a little grass in between the horse and the dirt. Point being that things aren't like the olden days. Even the dirt tracks are becoming softer due to the effort to soften the surface to protect the horses. Where the difference come in for me between dirt and turf is the fact that very seldom will a horse wire the field on Turf. It happens much more on dirt or polly. So I don't make a big deal out of one versus the other than to use it to discount E type horses. They just don't seem to win that much in Turf races.

Now how I handle using the program. I only use Handifast...because and only because I wrote the program and know it well. But it is all Dougs original work, just written in a different language to accomplish the sorting and point accumulation and odds setting.

Let's take yesterday where I took my wife to the Santa Rosa Fair Races. Fair races are infamous for being hard to handicap due to normally poor grade racing stock. Right now I don't play exotics, because I'm concentrating on win consistency.

First two races were Quarter horse and Arabian, I skip those. so 8 races left. I skip 2 year old races, especailly if most are first time starters. That took it down to 7 races I believe. Russel Baze rides here during the fair and destroys most odds. On opening day Wednesday he won every race he rode and no mutual to speak of.

So yesterday he lost every race he rode up to the 6th. I lost every race up to that point also( 3rd, 4th, 5th). Since he Hadn't won, the crowd backed off him. He road horse 8 and it was let off just above 2-1 and the 8 was my top horse. I played him and another to win and Baze got his first win. Paid $6.40 missed 7th. 8th race one of my top two horses (I play 2 horses to win) was bet down to 3/5 ...it was the 2 so that left me with the 4 and my backup horse in case of a scratch in my top 2 being the 9. So I bet the 4 and 9 to win....9 came in and paid $31.20 9th race my backup horse won. 10th race 7-5 top 2 horses 7 was scratched. So that left me the 5 and the backup 1. 5 was bet down to 3/5 again I believe, so I threw him out and played just the 1 to win and place. 1 crossed line first and paid $27.40 and $13 to place.

Now I haven't messed with the points as Doug had them originally set. And for my money that is working great for me. Wednesday in the 8th at Del Mar I hit a $37 winner. I have never consistently hit horses with these kind of mutuals before. On opening day at Santa Rosa, I hit 7 winners out of 9 races. There are many times that my 4 contenders make up the tri. And quite a few times the come in exact order. I'm just not playing them yet.

So why use which Data file. I'm finding that I am having great results with the TSN files and they are only 50 cents. But I'm not a big pedigree guy. But Doug likes Pedigree. With handifast either the horse has earned good ratings on his own or he hasn't. I leave it up to the trainer to decide what effect pedigree should have and use the horse the best way.

I've looked at and written over a total of 50 software packages and this one, F.A.S.T. is the best I have ever used or seen. For results and simplicity. And Dammit.....Even though it's so costly to get :lol: I decided to use it.

Sorry for the long post. Any more questions just ask.

dirt
08-01-2009, 12:24 PM
when using handifast the race description at the top of the screen shows all races to be turf races even when it's a dirt race.
anyone else have this problem?

dartman51
08-01-2009, 01:16 PM
when using handifast the race description at the top of the screen shows all races to be turf races even when it's a dirt race.
anyone else have this problem?

Yes, it appears that what ever the first race is, they will all be the same. But, as Handi says, he doesn't feel there is any real difference between dirt and turf. At least not like there use to be, other than E horses generally don't do well.

Viruss
08-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Hello Viruss, check and see that the application is installed in c:\ (root drive)
you should have 3 directories listed in c:
a) fast
b) horse
c) handisfast8.5.1

Yes its all in c\FAST Handi's program works fine.... but FASt program won't even open up the drf files that he has in the data folder...

Earl J

dartman51
08-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Yes its all in c\FAST Handi's program works fine.... but FASt program won't even open up the drf files that he has in the data folder...

Earl J

Viruss, click on 'CHOOSE FILE', a box should open to show all the data files you have in the folder. Click on the file you want, then click open. Nothing will come up till you click on 'SUMMRY'. You should now see the a page that has a list of options. Right under Handicappers Daily, you should see "OPEN OUR SUMMARY REPORT", click on that and you should then see a SUMMARY of all the races that are in the data file.:ThmbUp:

douglasw32
08-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Earl dartman is correct in the steps, let us know if it worked?

dirt
08-02-2009, 02:15 AM
Yes, it appears that what ever the first race is, they will all be the same. But, as Handi says, he doesn't feel there is any real difference between dirt and turf. At least not like there use to be, other than E horses generally don't do well.

Thanks Dartman

Viruss
08-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Viruss, click on 'CHOOSE FILE', a box should open to show all the data files you have in the folder. Click on the file you want, then click open. Nothing will come up till you click on 'SUMMRY'. You should now see the a page that has a list of options. Right under Handicappers Daily, you should see "OPEN OUR SUMMARY REPORT", click on that and you should then see a SUMMARY of all the races that are in the data file.:ThmbUp:

No thats not working.....I choose file....then nothing happens until you hit summary...when i hit summary under the choose a file nothing happens...

I see where you talking about Handicappers Daily but that never opens up. even after i manualy open it it says file not found when i hit on that summary..

Earl J

dartman51
08-02-2009, 01:18 PM
No thats not working.....I choose file....then nothing happens until you hit summary...when i hit summary under the choose a file nothing happens...

I see where you talking about Handicappers Daily but that never opens up. even after i manualy open it it says file not found when i hit on that summary..

Earl J

I'm not sure how Doug has it setup, but do you have the CHROME web browser installed on your computer? This may be a requirement. If thay's not it, try uninstall, and then reinstall. Let us know how that works.

TS

Viruss
08-02-2009, 03:21 PM
OK I uninstalled the program downloaded Chrome from Google redownloaded Dougs program......

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you
Earl

douglasw32
08-02-2009, 03:37 PM
COOL!

I am just glad it worked, I think it may have been just redownloading the program, it comes with google chrome portable wrapped up and calls on that for the information from the program.

chrisl
08-02-2009, 03:43 PM
I know this Q's will be a matter of opinion. Is Google chrome bettor than IE or Firefox? Chris

dartman51
08-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I know this Q's will be a matter of opinion. Is Google chrome bettor than IE or Firefox? Chris

More secure. IE is the least secure of all.

Handiman
08-03-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm working on well actually I have been going to the track quite a lot since fair here in town and the ponies are runnin' creating cvs file for putting handifast data into spreadsheet. So here's the question.

How should I structure the data? Each race separately or hold all information till user finishes the race card or what? Again I'm not a spreadsheet guy so not sure what you want the info for or how you plan to use it or what.

Cellarfunk
08-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Why won't Handifast open races 13 or 14 from Monmouth from yesterday(DRF file)?

dartman51
08-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Why won't Handifast open races 13 or 14 from Monmouth from yesterday(DRF file)?

Right now, it won't open any race past 12. Handi is working on it.

Handiman
08-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Sorry guys....I just normally never play tracks with more than 10 or 12 races and so never programmed for them. But I will be adding that ability.

Handi :blush:

STABLEMATE
08-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Handi, I have no problem running FAST via the latest FAST Chrome version, but whenever I try to run Handisfast.exe, whether by clicking on the “Handi’s Add On” button under FAST Chrome, or by clicking directly on Handisfast.exe in its folder, I get the following error message:

SmallTalk/V

“a non-continuable protection violation has occurred. Check ERROR.LOG file.”

When I click ‘OK’ a Microsoft Windows popup appears, saying:

Handisfast.exe has stopped working.

Windows can check online for solutions.”

It doesn’t find a solution online. Instead another popup says: “handisfast.exe was closed.”

I downloaded the VB runtimes from the link that Doug provided, and that didn’t help; neither did re-downloading FAST Chrome. I also tried copying handisfast.exe to the C:\horse folder, but got the same message there.

Here’s the ERROR.LOG:

The registers were:

EIP = 0x01d9020d

ESP = 0x0012fea8

EBP = 0x00000000

EAX = 0x01cf4444

EBX = 0xffffe001

ECX = 0x00000100

EDX = 0x77789a94

EDI = 0x00000001

ESI = 0x01cf4444

CS = 0x0000001b

DS = 0x00000023

ES = 0x00000023

SS = 0x00000023

End Registers

Error log timestamp 8/3/2009 7:51:46

Message 1001:

a non-continuable protection violation has occurred. Check ERROR.LOG file.

Any suggestions on solving the problem will be greatly appreciated. (By the way, I’m using Firefox.)

And many thanks to you, Handi, and to Doug for the successful results of all your time and effort!

Mike

headhawg
08-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Handi's version of the program uses a completely different programming language than Doug's. The SmallTalk error is an one from his language, so any fixes that might work for Doug's version are not likely to work for Handi's.

It's possible that it is a (Data Execution Prevention) DEP error, but Handi has a better handle on his code so he might already have a solution. If you're adventurous, you could try these steps:

1. Click Start > Settings > Control Panel, and then double-click System.
2. Click the Advanced tab. Then, under Performance, click Settings.
3. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
4. Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
5. Click Add and add the Handifast program to the list.

STABLEMATE
08-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks a lot for the suggestions, Headhawg! I'll give 'em a try.
Mike

STABLEMATE
08-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Headhawg - your suggestion did the trick! Handisfast now pops up ok.
Thanks for the help!

Mike

headhawg
08-04-2009, 12:14 PM
You're welcome. I'm glad it worked.

Handiman
08-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Head,

Uda MAN! Great job!

STABLEMATE
08-04-2009, 01:24 PM
You said it Handi! Head's "heads up" was a real winner! http://paceadvantage.com/forum/images/UBGX/I9.gif

Mike :)

PMDIC
08-04-2009, 01:54 PM
I downloaded the bris thd/river data file. The program would only handicap the first five races. I got an error message that said: you dumbass that's all the race there are.

pat
08-04-2009, 03:57 PM
ive dl oaded the chrome fast program after installation im unable to open fast thru icon in fast folder i get err mess(comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependenciesnot correctly registered missing or invalid

Mon
08-04-2009, 04:08 PM
go here and try this

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56811&page=4&pp=15

post #46 by Doug

ive dl oaded the chrome fast program after installation im unable to open fast thru icon in fast folder i get err mess(comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependenciesnot correctly registered missing or invalid

Mon
08-04-2009, 04:12 PM
I downloaded the bris thd/river data file. The program would only handicap the first five races. I got an error message that said: you dumbass that's all the race there are.

PMDIC,

I don't believe that issue has been resolved yet, and it is currently been looked at.
I still have issues with brisnet files also; the suggested work around for handi is to use tsn files at this time.

pat
08-04-2009, 04:29 PM
dloaded library files still not working

PMDIC
08-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the quick reply

Handiman
08-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Yea guys....so far no one has been able to figure out why the bris files are doing this...or why handifast has trouble with them. Driving me crazy!!

But still looking into it.

headhawg
08-08-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm trying to help isolate this file problem. Let me ask this: for those people having problems (Is it everyone?), are you using Windows Vista or XP? It may have nothing to do with which OS, but maybe it does.

fight
08-08-2009, 03:35 PM
xp bris files

AAcoolguy
08-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Never a problem with either BRIS .drf or TSN .50 running XP home edition

Roger
08-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Never a problem with either BRIS .drf or TSN .50 running XP home edition

Ditto here on this end..no problem with Bris or TSN Procaps files. XP Home!

Roger,

dutchboy
08-08-2009, 05:21 PM

Is it possible the problem is caused by two tracks running in the same data file. It has happened to me in a different computer program. Sometimes the data for races at additional tracks will be missing. It may have been Turfway where they run a combined card with the short turf only meeting at a track in KY that I cannot think of the name right now. I would have to download a separate data file for each track but the DRF would list it as one card. Race numbers would always get messed up.

Maybe there is a separate file for thd and another file for river or foe some reasons something was messed up today if it has worked before with the split cards. Never could see a good reason why they do this silly stuff.

dartman51
08-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Is it possible the problem is caused by two tracks running in the same data file. It has happened to me in a different computer program. Sometimes the data for races at additional tracks will be missing. It may have been Turfway where they run a combined card with the short turf only meeting at a track in KY that I cannot think of the name right now. I would have to download a separate data file for each track but the DRF would list it as one card. Race numbers would always get messed up.

Maybe there is a separate file for thd and another file for river or foe some reasons something was messed up today if it has worked before with the split cards. Never could see a good reason why they do this silly stuff.

Don't believe so, I ran both through, the TDN file, and the RDX file, and they both worked fine. TSN ProCaps with XP Pro.:ThmbUp:

headhawg
08-08-2009, 10:49 PM
So far the people that have replied to my question all have no problems and use XP. I am hoping to hear from others especially those who might have Vista.

douglasw32
08-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Starting to point to vista????

headhawg
08-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Maybe, Doug. But I can duplicate the "Dumbass" error from certain files (and I'm using XP). The other thing that I would like to know now is what specific files are causing the problem. Is it the CA tracks like SAx and the fairs like SRx? Any other tracks?

Handi sent me the code and I just started to look at it. I'm pretty sure that the error is in the data input routine but I won't know for sure until I get some feedback about the specific files. (BTW, it really isn't a coding error; Bris has a stupid way of putting data in certain fields.)

douglasw32
08-09-2009, 07:38 AM
I have hundreds of bris files and it is all over, one of them that I actually have the tsn file for is this last years CD derby card... the bris one failed on Vista, the TSN worked, on XP they both work.

Mon
08-09-2009, 10:28 AM
headhawg,
fyi, i am using winxp professional - and having problems with brisnet file and handi's app - the only track i use is sam houston race park
strange thing though handi app is able to load brisnet sample data without any problem.

headhawg
08-09-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm fairly certain I know what the problem is, at least on XP machines. Fixing it is another matter, but I am working on it. Too much now I think. :)

Believe it or not, Bris screws up and puts commas in some data fields in certain files. (I know; hard to believe. :rolleyes: ) So, when Handifast reads the comma-delimited file it counts more data fields than there really is, which I think leads to the "Dumbass" error. (Still trying to get a better understanding of Handi's code.) If Handi talked to Bris customer service reps and they can't find the problem then they are idiots. I found it, and I'm not exactly what you would call a programming expert.

Doug,

You used this year's Derby Bris file on XP and it worked with Handifast? Not for me as I get the "Dumbass" error starting with Race 7. The reason is that there is an extra comma in one of the fields for #9 Sok Sok in the 6th race. He ran in the FDJ Memorial Juvenile S. on 09/29/07. The problem is, Bris stores that as "Fitz Dixon, Jr. Memorial Juvenile S.". Note the comma between Dixon and Jr. If you have Excel 2007 it's Row 59, Column 381.

Tracks like Sam Houston (I'm guessing) and the CA fairs like SRx run quarter horses and/or very short races. Those files have errors in the comment fields 396-405. Things like "Late surge, driving" and "Speed, gave out", commas included. And therein lies the rub, as they say.

dirt
08-09-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm using windows xp. haven't had a problem lately the last time was with cby 7/25 bris file.

headhawg
08-09-2009, 11:25 AM
dirt,

I'm not familiar with Cby. Do they run quarter horse races? If they do, then that's the problem -- commas in the comments fields.

HH

dirt
08-09-2009, 11:59 AM
dirt,

I'm not familiar with Cby. Do they run quarter horse races? If they do, then that's the problem -- commas in the comments fields.

HH

The track is canterbury and now that you mentioned it the 2nd race was a quarter horse race.

Thanks

punteray
08-09-2009, 12:03 PM
I have been checking out HANDIS program with his 'config weighing numbers, playing the exactas instead of playing win, plac, or show. I use an exacta program I wrote which has one box and 2 wheels. You can bet 2x3, 2x4, 3x4. I also have a program which will track "how are you doing" (H.A.I.D.).

I will send these programs to anyone wanting copies. I will also send copies of how the program did for BEL, 7-26-09 so you can see how it worked. Send me your email address.

Ray Scalise

punteray@yahoo.com

headhawg
08-09-2009, 01:01 PM
I may have fixed the "Dumbass" problem. I sent the file to Handi so that he could do further testing (assuming that his health lets him). If it looks ok then he'll do what he needs to do to send it to Doug for download. Keep in mind that this project is still in beta stage so obviously let us(?) know if you still have problems.

Keep your fingers crossed. :p

REBel
08-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Hello Hawg:

I've been using Handifast with Vista x64 bit OS with varying results. I never get the Dumbass with the Sar cards, but I do occasionally with Dmr.

Perhaps I am a Dumbass.

headhawg
08-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Nope, it's not you REB. Check your email.

fasjack
08-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Doug you may not want to hear this but I kept one of your 1st programs Ver 5.7 and I only use it for sprints. I have to say it works better than the programs you he put out. Only sprints though!!!!!!!! But I really appreciate the hard work you all are doing trying to make everybody happy!1

Thanks alot
fasjac

Handiman
08-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Let's put our hands together for Headhawg :ThmbUp: it seems he has fixed the data file problem.

Thank you so much from all of us!!!

The program has been recompiled and zipped and is waiting for Doug to download.

Hope all works well.

douglasw32
08-10-2009, 01:10 AM
Find it in the new thread...

HANDIFAST BETA 2

Wickel
08-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Okay this one is working (I hope)

I had good results with setting the points like so...

in order...

Class
Distance
Best of Early/Late Pace
Form
Performance Class
FAST
Trainer
Jockey
Best of last 3 Speeds

When you download this it will be set with all of them at 10

http://localpcpros.com/FAST_CHROMED_2.exe

Top 4 in the last column should do a good job at sorting contenders, I have noticed a TOP or more in any other row, often overides not being in the top 4, and do not forget that the surface is not taken into account in the automatic number s-$, thus the s- label to remind me to look at the SURFACE numbers.

A note on that I take a low surface figure as a negative not the other way around giving xtra credit for a high one.

I've had trouble all along downloading versions of the program. I downloaded the link above successfully. I went into the file and clicked on the icon and program came up. When I loaded a race card and clicked on "launch program" it came up halfway on the screen. Only the right half popped up on the window; the names of the horses, numbers, etc. on the left were not visible and there was no tool bar at the bottom to scroll on over. What's this all about? Did I mess something up?

douglasw32
08-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Get the program(s) from this thread.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60488 (%20http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60488)

Wickel
08-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Get the program(s) from this thread.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60488 (http://%20http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60488)

I tried it and it and I get: Address cannot be found. So what is the program in the new thread you started this morning? Is that the one I should download?

douglasw32
08-11-2009, 09:18 PM
That was supposed to be a link to the new post, get the programs there