PDA

View Full Version : Mr. B on tvg

larman
07-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Does anyone know exactly what Mr. B did before tvg?
He keeps mentioning his tip sheets. He hasnt had a winning day
since he started on tvg..:confused:

andymays
07-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Does anyone know exactly what Mr. B did before tvg?
He keeps mentioning his tip sheets. He hasnt had a winning day

Baedeckers Tip Sheet. His father started it.

BUD
07-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Well If Mr B Hasnt had a winning day since he has been on TVG--Its that much more important that you get a Bedeker Tip Sheet-----Take It and Don't play his plays---Its the formula for succsess--Its the EZ:eek:

Im Kidding--But I am in The Minority. When I am Playing I am so into what I am doing next--Or looking over what I did correct or incorrect I have zero time to listen to them----Now If he was on the rack feed I would be able to follow---Even there I need to concentrate and mute the feed---I unfortunately got myself locked out at times--Its the look up!! OH Sh1t!!! Too late--

I like Mr B--His demeanor & voice remind me of my Father in Law--He's a good guy---So in turn I see MR B in the same light---His Picks Never notice---When I can I will take notice--

cj's dad
07-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Ah ha !

Now we have the middle of the month TVG thread !!

Marshall Bennett
07-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Ah ha !

Beleive its tied in with the British Open . :)

wisconsin
07-16-2009, 08:10 PM
I thought he has mentioned that he was a jockey's agent in the past.

BlueShoe
07-16-2009, 09:15 PM
I thought he has mentioned that he was a jockey's agent in the past.

Seem to recall that he did mention once on the air that when he about 10 or 11 he was a yo yo champion,or at least was good enough to enter tournaments.A few of you do remember what a yo yo is dont you?

Bruddah
07-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Seem to recall that he did mention once on the air that when he about 10 or 11 he was a yo yo champion,or at least was good enough to enter tournaments.A few of you do remember what a yo yo is dont you?

Yeah! I come here to remind myself. :lol:

FenceBored
07-16-2009, 09:33 PM

It's a creme filled cake roll (like a ho ho) isn't it. No wait, those are yodels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yodels).

KingChas
07-16-2009, 10:52 PM
He hasnt had a winning day

Of course the day he hit the pick-6 doesn't count.Right?

fmolf
07-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Of course the day he hit the pick-6 doesn't count.Right?
he's a typical public handicapper chalk player.

MickJ26
07-17-2009, 09:25 AM
When it comes to the three California tracks, I'll listen to what Mr. B. has to say. He claims to have clockers and people inside the racing office who give him information. Why shouldn't I believe him? As for Belmont and Monmouth, he's handicapping just like us.

rwwupl
07-17-2009, 10:31 AM
About Mr. B,

His father (Bud) started the tip sheet sold at the track. Bud swept the card ,100% winners on top opening day 1950. The record has never been duplicated by anyone.

Bud held seminars at the track on how to break down races for handicapping purposes when Bob and Rick were just kids.

His brother (Rick) and Mr. B (Bob) once had their own TV show about racing before TVG.

The family has been involved with racing all of their lives,and have forgotten more than most of us will ever know,about the game from a players view.

Brother Rick was once the President of Hollywood Park. The family has always been a credit to our game.

A lot can be learned from Bob(Mr. B) from those who know how to listen.

rwwupl

andymays
07-17-2009, 10:34 AM
About Mr. B,

His father (Bud) started the tip sheet sold at the track. Bud swept the card ,100% winners on top opening day 1950. The record has never been duplicated by anyone.

Bud held seminars at the track on how to break down races for handicapping purposes when Bob and Rick were just kids.

His brother (Rick) and Mr. B (Bob) once had their own TV show about racing before TVG.

The family has been involved with racing all of their lives,and have forgotten more than most of us will ever know,about the game from a players view.

Brother Rick was once the president of Hollywood Park. The family has always been a credit to our game.

rwwupl

I agree. Mr B is a class act!

OTM Al
07-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Ah ha !

Are you kidding or is it October already? Man time is really flying these days.

BUD
07-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Nice Info--

Also Mr B Is just a likeable guy-

TVG as my Wagering Outlet-Ya I have issues with that--Not the Personalities--I could care less--If Matt dresses up like whatever it was last week--I tend to listen to The worker @ Hollywood Park--I forget his name--Now He is a trip-Funny as hell--

Maybe when My capping gets to the good level I will have time to listen----One time I did I got so confused I started to change my picks & so on--WoW that was A mess---Thats what led me to--Mute--Minus If I am Playing Bel--I wanna here the Track feed---Or where ever I am playing--Without it I feel disadvantaged over those souls attentive at the track--Or who have certain Paddock info--

Mr B's Dad Was Bud----Very Funny--I actually earned the name---Unfortunatley--Lots of $$$$$ P'e'e'd out.

About Mr. B,

Brother Rick was once the President of Hollywood Park. The family has always been a credit to our game.

rwwupl

Black Ruby
07-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Doesn't Mr B do Los Al or one of the other replay shows? Isn't his son a wheel at SA?

McSock
07-17-2009, 05:11 PM
I agree. Mr B is a class act!

I have to 100% agree with you.
Read between the lines, we are suppose to be handicappers. Look at his logic and make your own choice. I have gotten several nice priced winners from Mr. B. I just dont play all his picks, very low priced chauk, horses I dont like or statements he makes I do not agree with.

toetoe
07-17-2009, 06:15 PM
A few of you do remember what a yo yo is dont you?

In Yiddish we used to call it an oy-oy. Maybe we were just holding it upside down. :confused: .

Grits
07-17-2009, 07:09 PM
I like Mr.B. I like his easy manner on air at TVG. He's good.

Plus, he's handsome too. Easy on the eyes.

rokitman
07-17-2009, 09:30 PM
I like Mr.B. I like his easy manner on air at TVG. He's good.

Plus, he's handsome too. Easy on the eyes.
:D

owlet
07-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Guy is a disgraceful chalk hound. Watch him sometimes, especially during the week and especially on eastern tracks. Incredible. ANOTHER 5/2? Are you sure Bob?

cj's dad
07-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Guy is a disgraceful chalk hound. Watch him sometimes, especially during the week and especially on eastern tracks. Incredible. ANOTHER 5/2? Are you sure Bob?

My God, what horrible odds !!

BUD
07-18-2009, 05:47 PM
My God, what horrible odds !!

Laughed so hard--Almost wet myself---Holy Sh1t---

owlet
07-18-2009, 11:40 PM
You guys laugh all you want. 5/2 was the upper end of the scale. Get back to me when you see him 'release' a horse 4-1 or higher.

I can wait because it will be a while.

cj's dad
07-18-2009, 11:53 PM
You guys laugh all you want. 5/2 was the upper end of the scale. Get back to me when you see him 'release' a horse 4-1 or higher.

I responded to YOUR post !!

BUD
07-19-2009, 03:01 PM

I do respect your opin. But I wont be watching to see Mr B wager on a horse thats 4/1--If you wish to that is fine and your right. Me as a Not so good handicapper, I am very busy while Mr B is doing what it is Mr B does---Now Monday & Tuesdays are slower days at time--So I know More of whats happening---No disrespest to Nancy when she follows Rich I at times turn on the 4077--Nick--? I dunno--Again sometimes the 4077-

Now I must admit--I get more angry at the DRF comment section at times--Why-Who has the time to watch every replay of every horse-And sometime the comment section looks like my kid was watching the race--Thats my peeve--Again--Its apon me to be proactive and see with my eyes than take any other word for it--

Imriledup
07-19-2009, 11:43 PM
I remember a couple years ago i disagreed with something that was said on TVG while Mr B was on the air. I sent him an E mail. I can't remember any more than that, but the E mail wasn't angry at all and yet Mr B seemed 'rattled' by this e mail of mine. He seemed flustered and i was like "geez, if he's flustered with that particular e mail, what's he gonna do if i really lay into him"!

I like Mr B, he's a calm guy and when you are watching TVG and betting serious money on these races, you don't need any nervous energy from the hosts. I don't know if he really knows anything about the sport, well, maybe he does, he's on tV so he must know something, but i like him nonetheless.