PDA

View Full Version : A Tale of Two Houses

dav4463
07-16-2009, 05:44 PM
This sounds about right.

A Tale of Two Houses

House #1

A 20 room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas.. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house, all heated by gas. In one month this residence consumes more energy than the average American household does in a year. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2400 per month. In natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not situated in a Northern or Midwestern 'snow belt' area. It's in the South.

House #2

Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university. This house incorporates every 'green' feature current home construction can provide. The house is 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on a high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground.

The water (usually 67 degrees F) heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes one-quarter electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area enable the property to blend into the surrounding rural landscape..

HOUSE #1 is outside of Nashville , Tennessee ; it is the abode of the 'environmentalist' Al Gore.

HOUSE #2 is on a ranch near Crawford , Texas; it is the residence the of the Former President of the United States , George W. Bush.

An 'inconvenient truth.'

I sure hope this gets passed to everyone!

verified as true by snopes: http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp

LottaKash
07-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Yes, but shouldn't the "inventor" of the Internet, get something for his great invention.....???.....:D

best,

Tom
07-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Yes, but shouldn't the "inventor" of the Internet, get something for his great invention.....???.....:D

best,

Yes, Al Gore should get a <Del> :D

boxcar
07-16-2009, 10:56 PM
This sounds about right.

A Tale of Two Houses

House #1

A 20 room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas.. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house, all heated by gas. In one month this residence consumes more energy than the average American household does in a year. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2400 per month. In natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not situated in a Northern or Midwestern 'snow belt' area. It's in the South.

House #2

Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university. This house incorporates every 'green' feature current home construction can provide. The house is 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on a high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground.

The water (usually 67 degrees F) heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes one-quarter electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area enable the property to blend into the surrounding rural landscape..

HOUSE #1 is outside of Nashville , Tennessee ; it is the abode of the 'environmentalist' Al Gore.

HOUSE #2 is on a ranch near Crawford , Texas; it is the residence the of the Former President of the United States , George W. Bush.

An 'inconvenient truth.'

I sure hope this gets passed to everyone!

verified as true by snopes: http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp

Why are you surprised? Elitists never walk the talk. They're all professional hypocrites.

Boxcar

mostpost
07-16-2009, 11:26 PM
This is old news. The Gores bought a large old house. It stands to reason that it would not have the environmentally friendly features of a house built more recently. Two things to keep in mind. First, the Gore residence is two and one half times the size of the Bush residence, Second it is used as a permanent residence and as a business office for both Al and Tipper Gore. The Bush residence (at the time of this comparison) was used as a vacation home.

It should also be noted that Al Gore pays a premium to obtain a portion of his energy from green sources such as wind, geothemal, and solar. The problem is not using too much electricity. The problem is using too much electricity from sources which produce carbon emissions.

I would like to see Al Gore's electric bills now as compared to two and one half years ago; particularly a breakdown of green sources as compared to electricity obtained from less environmentally friendly sources. If someone can show me current records that the Gore family is still receiving the same percentage of his electricity from non-green sources as in 2007, I will have to concede he is not practicing what he preaches.

The Snopes article states that the Bush residence was constructed as it was to save money and to save water, which is scarce in that area of Texas; not for environmental reasons. DOESN'T MATTER. Bush should be commended for building a home which is very environmentally friendly.

PaceAdvantage
07-17-2009, 02:22 AM
Sounds like Gore might be a bit of a fraud.

What a joke that mostpost gives Gore an "OUT" in that "well, he bought this old house that way," as if the man is SO POOR, he can't sell the house, or tear it down and build the ultimate eco-friendly example of what CAN and/or SHOULD BE....

The man (Gore) is a fraud, and the sycophants giving him OUTS should be ashamed of themselves. For they sound just like the "righties" they often criticize for being in "lockstep" with their "dear leader(s)."

Tom
07-17-2009, 08:29 AM
This is old news.

People who live in glass houses....you know the rest.
Gore is a fraud. You cannot make excuses for him. He is a lying fraud and anyone who follows his nonsense is a total FOOL! Just one of Little BO's Sheep. If you honestly buy the GW CRAP, you should be attacking Gore's home with torches - the man is KILLING your planet. If you give him a pass, you have no credibility.

lsbets
07-17-2009, 08:34 AM
When I started reading through this thread, I wondered when mostpost would get on and try to explain away Gore's hypocrisy. Then I continued down the page and saw he had already been on to do it. :sleeping:

BlueShoe
07-17-2009, 09:05 AM

best,

How about a permanent appointment as ambassador to Antarctica?He could then enter into serious discussions with the penguins on ways ro prevent the glaciers from melting,something he thinks we can do something about.

prospector
07-17-2009, 09:37 AM

What a joke that mostpost gives Gore an "OUT" in that "well, he bought this old house that way," as if the man is SO POOR, he can't sell the house, or tear it down and build the ultimate eco-friendly example of what CAN and/or SHOULD BE....

The man (Gore) is a fraud, and the sycophants giving him OUTS should be ashamed of themselves. For they sound just like the "righties" they often criticize for being in "lockstep" with their "dear leader(s)."
i've heard that if cap and trade passes, his companies will reap millions from it..

LottaKash
07-17-2009, 11:13 AM
How about a permanent appointment as ambassador to Antarctica?He could then enter into serious discussions with the penguins on ways ro prevent the glaciers from melting,something he thinks we can do something about.

I don't think he is up to "that" task, as his duties being the "father of the net" prevents him from being all things to all people....We will just have to suffer that loss....

best,

mostpost
07-17-2009, 11:30 AM
When I weighed in on this subject, I expected exactly the responses I got.
PA, why would you expect Gore to buy a house just to tear it down? There must have been a reason he liked that house. (Size, location, layout?).

You imply that I'm a synchophant for enumerating the steps which Gore has taken to reduce his carbon footprint, yet you offer no proof that he hasn't taken those steps.

As to whether I should be compared to the "Righties" on this board who worship everything done by Bush, I guess we should judge that by who has the facts on their side. Whoops!!!! I win again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Instesd of comparing energy use between Al Gore's permanent residence and George Bush's vacation home, I would like to see a comparison between Gore's home and the new home which Bush recently purchased in Texas (Houston?)

ddog
07-17-2009, 11:40 AM
the "funny part" is, you miss the point in your quest to deride algore, and that would be that it seems from the home specs posted that one person that DOES believe the gorehype is BUSH!

So Bush buys the fraud, why is that not a surprise! :sleeping:

when it warms enough to thaw your brains get back to me!

:lol:

Tom
07-17-2009, 12:47 PM
When I weighed in on this subject, I expected exactly the responses I got.
PA, why would you expect Gore to buy a house just to tear it down? There must have been a reason he liked that house. (Size, location, layout?).

Bull-hockey.
The light switches don't work?
The lying FRAUD snake-oil salesman made the CHOICE to buy that energy sucking hole and he runs more lights that Cleveland. The guy is a total fraud and phony. What possible reason could there be to keep that place operating? IF what the liar says about the planet is true, how can you possible justify his blatant murdering of the environment for his own personal comforts? You have no problem stealing from the rich people who worked hard for their lot in life, yet you make excuses for this phony who never got where he is today through deceit, lying, stealing, corruption, and bribery.

Pa-thetic. The porch lights are on but no one is home.

Black Ruby
07-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Gore invented the internet... http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

mostpost
07-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Gore invented the internet... http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

That Snopes link has been posted here before. It doesn't matter. As you will learn, the will believe what they believe, and no amount of proof or logical discourse will ever change their minds.

mostpost
07-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Bull-hockey
We don't play "Bull-hockey" in Illinois. Can you send me a rule book.....and a couple of cows? :D

NJ Stinks
07-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Bull-hockey.
The light switches don't work?
The lying FRAUD snake-oil salesman made the CHOICE to buy that energy sucking hole and he runs more lights that Cleveland. The guy is a total fraud and phony. What possible reason could there be to keep that place operating? IF what the liar says about the planet is true, how can you possible justify his blatant murdering of the environment for his own personal comforts? You have no problem stealing from the rich people who worked hard for their lot in life, yet you make excuses for this phony who never got where he is today through deceit, lying, stealing, corruption, and bribery.

Pa-thetic. The porch lights are on but no one is home.

That reminds me. I like Al Gore! :ThmbUp: No doubt if Al won in 2000 we would not have gone to war with Iraq.

Who said people don't get what they deserve?

mostpost
07-17-2009, 01:22 PM
you make excuses for this phony who never got where he is today through deceit, lying, stealing, corruption, and bribery.

According to your own sentence above, Gore did not lie, steal, engage in deceit or corruption, nor offer bribes to get where he is today. Glad to see you are coming around to the truth. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
07-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Oh crap. He got me. :mad:

BlueShoe
07-17-2009, 03:14 PM

Dont feel bad about it,we all make typos and mistakes.For example,just look at Obummer without his teleprompter.

mostpost
07-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Kudos for good sportsmanship. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
You need "except" between today and through. You'd still be wrong, but at least you'd make sense. :lol: :lol:

dav4463
07-17-2009, 05:23 PM
I posted an article that showed a simple fact. Gore is a hyprocrite because he uses thousands of times more energy than an average American like me.

I am told to stop using my a/c and driving my car when my energy use is so far below that of the environmentalists that it doesn't matter.

Meanwhile, I showed proof that the so-called "evil" Bush actually does think about the environment and lives in a "green" house.

Yet, the thread still turns into bashing Bush.

Can one liberal give Bush some credit for thinking about the environment and doing something about it? He's doing better than Gore, yet Gore is a God to environmentalists.

dav4463
07-17-2009, 05:24 PM
That Snopes link has been posted here before. It doesn't matter. As you will learn, the will believe what they believe, and no amount of proof or logical discourse will ever change their minds.

Yeah, and many of you still believe Clinton "did not have sexual relations with that girl" either.

mostpost
07-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Can one liberal give Bush some credit for thinking about the environment and doing something about it? He's doing better than Gore, yet Gore is a God to environmentalists

Your prayers have been answered. Read the last paragraph of mine in #5.

mostpost
07-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Yeah, and many of you still believe Clinton "did not have sexual relations with that girl" either.
not me

dav4463
07-20-2009, 04:09 AM
Your prayers have been answered. Read the last paragraph of mine in #5.

The Snopes article states that the Bush residence was constructed as it was to save money and to save water, which is scarce in that area of Texas; not for environmental reasons. DOESN'T MATTER. Bush should be commended for building a home which is very environmentally friendly.

Good job! :ThmbUp:

not bad for a dang liberal ! ;)

boxcar
07-20-2009, 12:02 PM

You beat me to it, PA! Why would Gore even think of buying such an eco-unfriendly house? Those old house, (like old people under socialized medicine) are very, very expendable. Such old, earth-destroying homes are only fit to be razed to the ground -- at least they should be to any greenie.

Boxcar

Warren Henry
07-20-2009, 07:11 PM

Good job! :ThmbUp:

not bad for a dang liberal ! ;)

How can you say that conservation of water isn't an environmental concern?

Water IS very definitely an environmental concern. The folks in West Texas are more aware of it than the rest of us, but the time is coming when we will be having the same arguments about it as we are currently having about various forms of energy.